Dominator weapon set

Dominator weapon set

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Please give whoever was responsible for these a bonus. I’ve never before seen a weapon set where I wanted all of them, but this time, the skins are a perfect blend of looking good, looking like functional weapons, and looking like a genuine set.

I applaud the artists on these.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

they look decent, a bit out of place but that goes for most of the bltc weapons.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

One of the better sets IMO. As soon as I seen it, I wanted them.

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

One of the few staffs that isn’t a stick with something on top. I grabbed it even though I don’t have a lot of use for a staff right now. Maybe with the next set of elite Specializations.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Most of the weapons are too over sized in my opinion. Daggers? I’ve seen shorter swords.

The shield is cool though. I also like the staff.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Agreed. And like JAFW I too grabbed the staff.

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I think they’re pretty crazy, but pretty cool, too.

Is there any lore-tie in to them? Nothing in GW2 springs to mind, although there are plenty of areas I never went to in GW1.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Metasynaptic.1093

Metasynaptic.1093

I was pleased to see that the greatsword doesn’t double as something you can take down to the beach and ride the waves on.

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

One of the few staffs that isn’t a stick with something on top. I grabbed it even though I don’t have a lot of use for a staff right now. Maybe with the next set of elite Specializations.

That staff probably looks pretty cool on the melee staff users.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

And druids:

Attachments:

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Yes, so much so that I plan on buying a couple skins while they’re cheap. One for all of my staff users (especially my disused rev, if only because the dom staff reminds me of the chrono cross Swallow-blade weapons), the others to sell.

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

On the other hand it is incredibly bulky …

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I like the look of ‘em. I’d buy most of ’em if I had the BLTs.

The shield and focus are some of the best looking in the game, to my eyes.

~EW

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

I had to buy the focus because, rather shockingly, it almost doesn’t clip through Sylvari hand when stowed, unlike EVERY OTHER FOCUS IN THE ENTIRE GAME. They’re usually either clipping or hanging in the air a good few centimeters from the body, but in this case the upper part at least looks attached, albeit a bit awkwardly.

Plus, it fits my Sylvari’s color scheme, so it’s a double success. Goodbye Tribal Focus.

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I was definitely surprised by how much I like these weapons. I picked one up immediately and I’ll probably grab another. One of my favorite sets. I just can’t get over the design and the way the color changes.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You’re right. It does. That’s probably what it’s designed for. I tried it on my thief and when held as a melee weapon, the extra part looks like a blade.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Veneratio.1980

Veneratio.1980

Got the staff and shortbow for my charr thief

Looks…………………….amazing!

Dominator weapon set

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

/agreed

I like this set because:

• Shiny-ish (literally and figuratively).
  • They don’t follow the conventional looks and yet are easily recognized as the appropriate weapon type, i.e. the staff is clearly a ‘staff’, but it doesn’t look like every other staff in the game.
  • They look different from each other, while following the same scheme. For example, the GS and plain sword are clearly both swords, but not over-/under-sized versions of each other.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”