Don't get it...

Don't get it...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Imperial Thor.5487

Imperial Thor.5487

I’ve been reading forums off and on, And what I am not getting is the hate. Granted there are some bugs, There are issues with trading post, Some people have issues with money and prices.. So lets look at this separately.

Prices on gear: Things like culture gear I’ve seen two posts about tonight. Granted the price is rather steep I’ll admit but it gives players something to do, Something to work for and wear with pride.. Stats suck but tis the reason we’re given transmutation stones. The gear with karma and dungeons yet again, It’s not suppose to be easily obtained, Nor should it.

Dungeons: They’re hard. I’ll admit that from running with people who don’t know them, And I’ve done them with people who know them pretty well. I do agree they’re semi unrewarding to players who believe zerging only works. They’re punished for this. I know it is stupid to compare WoW but since most gamers come from this it’s just easier to mention. This isn’t a game where the gear makes or breaks you, This isn’t gear check. It’s about the combination of the abilities you’re group uses and the timings depending on the situation. You can zerg of course but you’ll be punished.

End Game: There isn’t a lack of end game, You’re just not seeing it which is understandable. End game is you’re dungeons on explorer mode, Once again I hate comparing this to WoW but since most understand it better… When you did heroics and geared for raids? You did more heroics which really served no purpose (Most the time) It was a endless grind to make most people feel accomplished. Instead of ArenaNet giving you the endless grind they just give you the grind for the sets, Which are unique. If PvE doesn’t fancy you there are arena type PvP and Mass murdering slaughterfest of WvWvW.

Economy: Now this.. I completely agree with people on. The economy sucks least for me. However I will admit I could grind more for gold and craft things if I choose too but that is on me, And I do believe the trading post is a little too cheap to make much of a profit but once again, It can be done if people are willing to put the effort into it.

Overall, There are many things to do. However I think too many people are way more concerned with that they’re use too. World Of Warcraft became a big hit, Many more games attempted to copy their success with little hope. Each time a new game was released people did not like the difference, If people stayed they were introduced back into tier raiding of the never ending grind.
I think people have gotten spoiled and do want more quicker, Whether or not they got it from WoW, Or some other game I do not know but many started with WoW thus why it’s easier to compare.

This game is fantastic, Some people experience more bugs than others. Some can’t find the end game. Some just are not comfortable with the end game since it’s out of their element. I am not bashing anyone who dislikes it, Or disagrees with me but I just feel that some people are missing it. I hope this helps some folks..

tl;dr You’re missing out on a lot more than you may realize.

Don't get it...

Posted by: Easterlily.5836

Easterlily.5836

I hate people saying there is no end game. This game, unlike WoW, has an equal gameplay at all levels. You can play PvP from level 2, you dont have to level to 80 for the max PvP. You can play the dungeons from under 30. etc You know what I mean

You always continue forward, but there will be curves before you reach the end of the road.

Don't get it...

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

You cant grind more mobs, diminished rewards, anti farming/botting measures.

And I recalled a cetain developer who said we dont want you to go “Oh I swung a sword, I swung a sword again” so for someone like me getting my money straight from dungeons was fair enough for the work that would or could have taken the same time someone in the world farming would have made.

Don't get it...

Posted by: Fate.8034

Fate.8034

The community that has festered over the last 7 or so years tends to hiss and scream when a bit of alcohol hits them

Seriously though, it’s a case of MMO players who have adopted the worst kind of personality I’ve seen and consistently perceive their personal preferences as important settings that all games must take into account.

GW2’s end game is very different to other MMOs and these toxic (and I will call them toxic because these people are usually the most vocal about it) people will complain about how it is different. And yet all they’ve been asking for is diversity! I saw a post in reddit of someone who was legitimately complaining about dungeons and their “concept”, and he was genuinely confused why a random mob gave him a rare and yet the final boss gave him blue items. The concept of the dungeon tokens and the option to choose your exotic reward was completely looked over. This type of system is exactly why GW2 is so good, you do not grind for the sake of a random drop, everyone is equally rewarded.

I’m actually very interested in how many people act so jaded and still cling on to the older concepts of MMOs. GW2 will never become what it is trying to change. The only thing worth complaining about are the bugs that prevent character progression such as bugged skillpoints preventing map completion, bugged story quests, missing voice overs ruining instances etc etc.

Don't get it...

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I agree with the OP.
I just don’t get it- I find that this game gives me an almost overwhelming amount of options. I can pretty much do what I feel like at any given time and get rewarded for it.
I read all these threads that moan about “dere is no rewardz!!” and I feel like slapping people! What is it with this instant gratification nonsense?
Also people complaining about farming/ DE caps- I have never hit a cap, ever.
I play the game normally and I wouldn’t have known there were any caps if I hadn’t read about it here.
This is the most amazing world I have ever seen- I discover new things every day even in zones where I have 100% completion. I talk to the NPC’s and find interesting little hidden quests.
I get a kick out of finding cool crafting recipes.
I love the community and have had some hilarious times with just random people I ran into.
I can go on and on about why I love this game. I like that I feel that my playing time is never wasted because I have a lot of commitments in RL.
I just really really hope ArenaNet sticks to their vision of the game and does not give in to the demands of a small vocal minority that act like a bunch of entitled, spoilt brats.

Gunnar’s Hold

Don't get it...

Posted by: BIMBLE.7952

BIMBLE.7952

A lot of people have become used to getting their hands held and told where they should go and quest next and the game points them in the right direction, pats them on the head and sends them on their merry way…

This game releases you into a beautifully realised fantasy world and says, “Go play! Enjoy yourself!”

The amount of freedom and depth is spellbinding. I love that the game mechanics foster cooperation and, by default, help to break that barrier between you and another random player, that may be happening past on the same route: it wants you to group up; it wants you to make friends.

Personally, I couldn’t care less about the whingers. Let them work themselves up and then, hopefully, leave. Let them return to WoW – cultivating their gear, crunching stats and calculating damage/healing output ratios, let them prepare to play as a panda (!) – their loss to this community is no loss whatsoever.

I think I’ve found ‘the’ game that I’ve been looking for, all these years. I’ve played MMO’s for over 10 years and have played a whole lot of them and this one is still ticking boxes for me.

Have fun. I’ll be at your side, in-game, no doubt…

Don't get it...

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

Going back to WoW again, it’s the type of forum whining that produced the Cataclysm expansion. In TBC no-one would have dreamed of pugging Illidan with a random group finder. If you wanted to clear BT you’d have to join a raid guild and actually be good at raiding. But in WotLK everyone had to have Tier sets from a week of heroic 5 man dungeons, and now you must raid everything with random people in your lunch break because “we pay for this game!”.

The whole concept of patience and improving your own skills seems to be disappearing and I don’t get it at all.

Don't get it...

Posted by: Avatar.1923

basically… many if not all the complainers are “wow players” (or blizzard
employees promoting their twisted concept"!)

to sum it down;
diablo 3. is the dumbest and more raw iteration of the “Wow” concept.
i think we will see a change from it sooner than later.

Ultima Online wasnt about getting the best “gear”, and it has been popular for a looong time.
its just that right now the mmo world is so full of these risen grinders…
its not easy to cure a gambling/drug addict

(edited by Avatar.1923)

Don't get it...

Posted by: Valkyrie.2678

Valkyrie.2678

Haters’ reasons:

1. Being a fanboy. Being a fanboy indicates lack of intelligence.

2. Ragequit and Nerdrage. People who don’t have anything else in life than computer games go really angry when they experience or encounter something difficult, too difficult, challanging or you name it, could be anything.

3. Impatience. Some(most) people are impatient and you can do nothing about it. They spend real money to achieve success in a game because they want things to happen too soon. Once they acquire every nice item in a game in weeks, they start complaining about there being no endgame.

4. Denial. Some of them just really like the game but somehow, they just can’t succeed it or things just get more difficult than they can handle. They really wanna succeed but they just can’t figure it out like, they keep getting owned by the same profession in PvP and they swing the hate on forums and demand a nerf.

5. Worry. This has probably the least percentage among haters but it still stands there. Some worry about a new game will crush their favorite game or steal players from that game or just is better than that game. This is like denial, but more like worrying about the future of your favorite game.

Now, why hate is not necessary:

1. GW2 is a brand new game. It’s only been four weeks since it was released. Every new game has flaws, issues, bugs, problems etc but ANet has shown that they address problems quite fast and they really care about our ideas and suggestions.

2. Since this is a new game, ANet needed to see how fast the content gets consumed, finished. You may finish the release content in two weeks, but don’t forget, there are people who haven’t finished it yet. That doesn’t mean GW2 lacks content just because you’ve played 8+ hours a day and finished it in two weeks. Of course, content updates will be received.

3. You’re not employed by neither ANet nor Blizzard, so you don’t have to worry about their future. Companies take care of themselves and you should only mind your own business.

(edited by Valkyrie.2678)

Don't get it...

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

It is really more than a problem just in the gw2 forums. Check any game community, heck, any internet forum/commentary section. Entitlement mentality, expecting near impossible things, yet reacting viciously when forced to leave tread out ways, that sadly seems to be the common mindset of the people out there shrouded in the luxury of internet anonymity. I hope anet just sticks to their original idea and adjusts things within this environment instead of changing the core designs to the whims of people who will then complain just about the thing they asked for again.

Don't get it...

Rizzy.8293

Haters’ reasons:

1. Being a fanboy. Being a fanboy indicates lack of intelligence.

2. Ragequit and Nerdrage. People who don’t have anything else in life than computer games go really angry when they experience or encounter something difficult, too difficult, challanging or you name it, could be anything.

3. Impatience. Some(most) people are impatient and you can do nothing about it. They spend real money to achieve success in a game because they want things to happen too soon. Once they acquire every nice item in a game in weeks, they start complaining about there being no endgame.

4. Denial. Some of them just really like the game but somehow, they just can’t succeed it or things just get more difficult than they can handle. They really wanna succeed but they just can’t figure it out like, they keep getting owned by the same profession in PvP and they swing the hate on forums and demand a nerf.

5. Worry. This has probably the least percentage among haters but it still stands there. Some worry about a new game will crush their favorite game or steal players from that game or just is better than that game. This is like denial, but more like worrying about the future of your favorite game.

Now, why hate is not necessary:

1. GW2 is a brand new game. It’s only been four weeks since it was released. Every new game has flaws, issues, bugs, problems etc but ANet has shown that they address problems quite fast and they really care about our ideas and suggestions.

2. Since this is a new game, ANet needed to see how fast the content gets consumed, finished. You may finish the release content in two weeks, but don’t forget, there are people who haven’t finished it yet. That doesn’t mean GW2 lacks content just because you’ve played 8+ hours a day and finished it in two weeks. Of course, content updates will be received.

1) Fanboys do have a lack of intelligence and often come up with the reason Oh you’re just not enjoy the game like its supposed to be, often referring to themselves enjoying certain aspects of the game.
They say things without knowing for a fact if what they’re saying is a fact. To all those people who don’t have fully geared exotics on your toons, how do you know for a fact that it does not increase your damage output/survivability?

2) So we should just smile and nod when a game developer decides, right we’re gonna remove your rewards now for doing any content in the game, but we’re still gonna keep the ingame tax pretty high, so you’re gona have to walk around the map to get to places.

3) Really? Who would do such a thing spend money to get ingame gear. I mean I know people who did it to get cosmetic skins, especially pre patch without spending a single real dollar because money was still pretty easy and reasonable to comeby.

4) How do you measure your level of success? I would like to know if I am on par with what you say is a successful player.

5) Im not worried at all, I know fanboys and fangirls with obnoxious attitudes who cant see any fault in anything that their favourite developer has done and will mindlessly back them up like the orrian mobs. But I dont know if Anet is going to be able to get profit out of this type of crowd because you mentioned spending money is for losers.

*Why theres no hate *

1) To criticize something is not to hate something, its to give a structured comment on why something is not working out, what you’re doing is making assumptions on why it will work out without knowing how that particular change is effecting people.

2) So what you’re saying is, people should play as slowly as you and play at your pace?
Do you do marathon runs? Do you think the ones running faster than other people are rushing to finish the marathon or do you think they just run at a faster pace?
Why do you think they should slow down, and in that case why should players slow down their own pace of playing to match yours?

And now my question to you is.
Are you level 80, have you completed Arah
Are you geared up in full exotic

If the answer to any of these is no, please kindly stop talking like you know what you’re talking about because these changes that people are upset about, do not effect you.
:)

Don't get it...

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

Haters gonna hate. this is the best mmo ever made for the casual mmo player.

I have over 200 hours in game , and my highest character (of 6 ) is 34 so far.
This game was not built for hardcore gamers.

Don't get it...

Diva.4706

If you are 80 with exotics, personal story done and 100% world map. You are finished advancing that character. It’s not that hard of a concept to grasp. This does not mean you are done playing them, you continue to do what you did in the rest of the game: You play content because it’s fun. If it isn’t fun for you, then you are playing the wrong game.

Arenanet said from day one, your game play will not change at 80. I look forward to having “finished” characters, but it will be a long, long time before I get there.

(edited by Diva.4706)

Don't get it...

Rizzy.8293

Not at all, I’m still at 45 percent world map, incase you havent realized it yet most people who have hit 80 are upset about the ingame high tax and the ingame low cash flow.

And to people who say to us, JUST WALK, we’re actually having no choice but to walk if we dont want to break our wallets, it’s not even funny anymore.

Why did we like doing dungeons?
It’s challenging, its fun, its a secure stable cash flow to meet the ingame taxes.

Why are we not doing dungeons anymore?
1) if you die your repair costs can go from 3 silvers to 20silvers, basically making it so you pay in the end.
2) rewards at the end of the dungeon is what? 3 for story and 16 plus diminishing returns in the end for EXP mode? No thanks Id rather not take the gamble of dungeons. knowing that the reward for success is not even a reward really.

The whole LOOT issue, that issue lies with people who are in magic find gear trying to find loot, and I can understand them too with the whole diminishing rewards on killing mobs in the environment. Why are they being punished for using a system created for treasure hunting, something they enjoy doing?

So if you want to support all these changes that alienate casual players and dedicated players alike just so you can have guildwars2 to your own, be my guest.

Not gonna stop you.

But at least know what you’re talking about.

Don't get it...

Valkyrie.2678

@rizzy

I have a level 80 guardian with 100% world completion, full set of exotic weapons and armors, two level 400 crafting professions (armorsmith and weaponsmith), skins from two dungeons, a bloodstone shard, recipes of gift of metal and gift of light and I have finished all my instances.

aaaand a level 10 engineer.

Nothing really justifies your nerdrage, sorry.

By the way, I can provide screenshots because haters usually go like “pics or didn’t happen!!!!!!!” since they don’t wanna believe some people are actually having fun and success.

Don't get it...

Rizzy.8293

@rizzy

I have a level 80 guardian with 100% world completion, full set of exotic weapons and armors, two level 400 crafting professions (armorsmith and weaponsmith), skins from two dungeons, a bloodstone shard, recipes of gift of metal and gift of light…

And how did you manage to pay for your exotic and get those armour skins?

Don't get it...

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

@ Rizzy- just because people don’t agree with you does not mean we don’t know what we are talking about.
Is it such a hard concept to grasp that there are actually people who enjoy playing the game for what it is?
Not everyone enjoys the same thing.
Loot is not an issue – it is a perceived by some players to be the reward for playing the game. It is not- it never was.

Same with money- why do you want to be rich in a game? To feel you have achieved something?
All my chars are flat broke- I mean not even 10 sliver broke- do I care?
No, why should I- if I really want money to buy something specific sure I’ll go get it, but to have it sit in my bank so I can say I’m rich? I couldn’t care less.
This attitude of, if I don’t get rewarded, I won’t play is really saying that you want GW2 to be a game it was never supposed to be and GW2 is in fact trying very hard to get people out of that mind set.
There are literally hundreds of games out there that does depend on loot/ money/achievements. Why should the one game that does not become like them?

Gunnar’s Hold

Don't get it...

Diva.4706

>Rizzy.
Thank you for your intelligent post. Sound like some fair points you bring up. I just ask the player base to discuss any issues they have with the game in a respectful manner. The game is still very new, and every MMO released has some growing pains when a mass of people start to play the content.

What bothers me is are posts containing comments like : “the game sucks”, “end game is none-existent” . It does not add the conversation and does not help ArenaNet add/fix features we feel are missing or unfairly balanced.

So lets show the devs and fellow players respect. ArenaNet have put a lot of hard work into the game, taking many risks in design. Lets tone down the anger and talk about the game, and how we would like to see it grow. We are in this for the long haul, right?

Don't get it...

Valkyrie.2678

@rizzy

I have a level 80 guardian with 100% world completion, full set of exotic weapons and armors, two level 400 crafting professions (armorsmith and weaponsmith), skins from two dungeons, a bloodstone shard, recipes of gift of metal and gift of light…

My first exotic set was through my armorsmithing, draconic set. And then I exchanged my 1,5g for gems to buy primeval set from TP. While I was playing, I was earning gold so I bought my weapons -I bought them before I got my weaponsmithing leveled to 400-

And then I saw molten greatsword skin, liked it, two days of CoF got me that awesome skin.

Yesterday, I got twilight arbor’s helmet skin.

You can do these too if you log in to the game instead of whining on forums. If you already have those, what’s up with the hate?

Don't get it...

Rizzy.8293

@ Rizzy- just because people don’t agree with you does not mean we don’t know what we are talking about.
Is it such a hard concept to grasp that there are actually people who enjoy playing the game for what it is?
Not everyone enjoys the same thing.
Loot is not an issue – it is a perceived by some players to be the reward for playing the game. It is not- it never was.

Same with money- why do you want to be rich in a game? To feel you have achieved something?
All my chars are flat broke- I mean not even 10 sliver broke- do I care?
No, why should I- if I really want money to buy something specific sure I’ll go get it, but to have it sit in my bank so I can say I’m rich? I couldn’t care less.
This attitude of, if I don’t get rewarded, I won’t play is really saying that you want GW2 to be a game it was never supposed to be and GW2 is in fact trying very hard to get people out of that mind set.
There are literally hundreds of games out there that does depend on loot/ money/achievements. Why should the one game that does not become like them?

Rich?
We’re not even able to meet ends meet.

Im glad you enjoy being broke, I really do.
But for someone who wants to play with their friends and having friends in different parts of tyria its either run to them or burn money and hope what we do together makes up for the money ive burnt so I break even.

Don't get it...

Rizzy.8293

@rizzy

My first exotic set was through my armorsmithing, draconic set. And then I exchanged my 1,5g for gems to buy primeval set from TP. While I was playing, I was earning gold so I bought my weapons -I bought them before I got my weaponsmithing leveled to 400-

And then I saw molten greatsword skin, liked it, two days of CoF got me that awesome skin.

You can do these too if you log in to the game instead of whining on forums. If you already have those, what’s up with the hate?

And also how did you come across 16+ gold to craft that or did you farm the mats?
And you did COF prepatch?
Prepatch I would assume?

Don't get it...

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

There’s two types of hate. The emotional kind and the simulated kind. The simulated kind is easy: trolls.

The emotional kind is when people feel disappointed or aren’t getting what they wanted or were hoping for. These are people who care about the game and want to like it but don’t for whatever reason or at least certain key aspects in their view.

It requires a consistent lack of patience and reasonability to maintain such hatred. It’s like logging in every day to check if they changed the game according to your wishes and of course they didn’t so you fuel the flame and go back to the forum to lash out some more….so much anger.

I don’t mind strong language and I don’t mind criticism. Criticism is good as it can improve this game. This seething hatred that you see, doesn’t help anybody, including the person him/herself.

It’s sad really but I saw it a lot in SWTOR, where people just came back day after day, just to spit their venom at the community. I agreed there was a lot wrong in that game but I liked it for what it was and am done with it now because they completely ruined their own game. Too bad, but such is life. No need to spew venom over it.

I find that GW2 has a lot of bugs but Anet are fixing them and it generally isn’t game breaking since there is generally something else you can do. I do have some criticism about waypoint costs, dungeon imbalance and a lot of broken events that do need to be addressed but nothing to hate the game over.

For all you haters out there of any game: it’s not worth it people. If you really don’t like it, move on. If you want to stay, then put up with it and use constructive criticism. Anything else is self-defeating.

Just my point of view.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Don't get it...

Posted by: Elysian Rose.5283

Elysian Rose.5283

I’ve been reading forums off and on, And what I am not getting is the hate. Granted there are some bugs, There are issues with trading post, Some people have issues with money and prices.. So lets look at this separately.

Prices on gear: Things like culture gear I’ve seen two posts about tonight. Granted the price is rather steep I’ll admit but it gives players something to do, Something to work for and wear with pride.. Stats suck but tis the reason we’re given transmutation stones. The gear with karma and dungeons yet again, It’s not suppose to be easily obtained, Nor should it.

Dungeons: They’re hard. I’ll admit that from running with people who don’t know them, And I’ve done them with people who know them pretty well. I do agree they’re semi unrewarding to players who believe zerging only works. They’re punished for this. I know it is stupid to compare WoW but since most gamers come from this it’s just easier to mention. This isn’t a game where the gear makes or breaks you, This isn’t gear check. It’s about the combination of the abilities you’re group uses and the timings depending on the situation. You can zerg of course but you’ll be punished.

End Game: There isn’t a lack of end game, You’re just not seeing it which is understandable. End game is you’re dungeons on explorer mode, Once again I hate comparing this to WoW but since most understand it better… When you did heroics and geared for raids? You did more heroics which really served no purpose (Most the time) It was a endless grind to make most people feel accomplished. Instead of ArenaNet giving you the endless grind they just give you the grind for the sets, Which are unique. If PvE doesn’t fancy you there are arena type PvP and Mass murdering slaughterfest of WvWvW.

Economy: Now this.. I completely agree with people on. The economy sucks least for me. However I will admit I could grind more for gold and craft things if I choose too but that is on me, And I do believe the trading post is a little too cheap to make much of a profit but once again, It can be done if people are willing to put the effort into it.

Overall, There are many things to do. However I think too many people are way more concerned with that they’re use too. World Of Warcraft became a big hit, Many more games attempted to copy their success with little hope. Each time a new game was released people did not like the difference, If people stayed they were introduced back into tier raiding of the never ending grind.
I think people have gotten spoiled and do want more quicker, Whether or not they got it from WoW, Or some other game I do not know but many started with WoW thus why it’s easier to compare.

This game is fantastic, Some people experience more bugs than others. Some can’t find the end game. Some just are not comfortable with the end game since it’s out of their element. I am not bashing anyone who dislikes it, Or disagrees with me but I just feel that some people are missing it. I hope this helps some folks..

tl;dr You’re missing out on a lot more than you may realize.

People are complaining that the game is aimed 100% at casuals who are happy to fork over money each week for vanity items that they can’t get legit in-game. That’s all. The game isn’t fun for the actual gamers here. We’re not just complaining about the endgame, we’re complaining about the entire thing.

Don't get it...

Kana.6793

It’s not hardcore gamers who are doing the whining. The majority of complaints are that the dungeons are too hard, the dungeon armour takes too long to get, mobs one shot you, mobs have too much health, the karma armour is too expensive, the waypoints are too expensive.

The people making these complaints are not hardcore gamers. Hardcore gamers have no problem with spending months getting a set of prestige armour. They have no problem with spending hours theorycrafting and improving their performance in game.

I’m not saying they’re casual players either.

The mistake people make all the time is trying to say that the whiners that appear on every mmo forum are casuals or hardcores. They are generally in fact just impatient, bad at the game and unwillingly to improve their own skill. The amount of time they play per day doesn’t have anything to do with it.

Don't get it...

Valkyrie.2678

@rizzy

And also how did you come across 16+ gold to craft that or did you farm the mats?
Prepatch I would assume?

I’ve made 100 CoF tokens after the patch.

I farmed crafting materials like, one or two hours a day for a couple of days, not even a week.

World completion is necessary if you want gold. Especially areas above level 70 give you nice completion rewards. Well enough to get exotics at least.

Don't get it...

Posted by: Elysian Rose.5283

Elysian Rose.5283

It’s not hardcore gamers who are doing the whining. The majority of complaints are that the dungeons are too hard, the dungeon armour takes too long to get, mobs one shot you, mobs have too much health, the karma armour is too expensive, the waypoints are too expensive.

The people making these complaints are not hardcore gamers. Hardcore gamers have no problem with spending months getting a set of prestige armour. They have no problem with spending hours theorycrafting and improving their performance in game.

I’m not saying they’re casual players either.

The mistake people make all the time is trying to say that the whiners that appear on every mmo forum are casuals or hardcores. They are generally in fact just impatient, bad at the game and unwillingly to improve their own skill. The amount of time they play per day doesn’t have anything to do with it.

What skill would you be referring to? The ability to actually click an enemy before a teammate amongst the screen mess that is a DE or boss fight, or the ability to keep autoattacking whilst alttabbed? I’m confused.

Don't get it...

Rizzy.8293

>Rizzy.
Thank you for your intelligent post. Sound like some fair points you bring up. I just ask the player base to discuss any issues they have with the game in a respectful manner. The game is still very new, and every MMO released has some growing pains when a mass of people start to play the content.

What bothers me is are posts containing comments like : “the game sucks”, “end game is none-existent” . It does not add the conversation and does not help ArenaNet add/fix features we feel are missing or unfairly balanced.

So lets show the devs and fellow players respect. ArenaNet have put a lot of hard work into the game, taking many risks in design. Lets tone down the anger and talk about the game, and how we would like to see it grow. We are in this for the long haul, right?

Either way, for or against the patch you have both sides with literate people who are capable of getting their points across civil and eloquently, we just choose to see more of the negative ones to give our side more credit.

Badly written up posts bother me too even if they share my concerns but weather they do or do not, I try to understand where they’re coming from and yeah I’m in it for the long haul, I paid 70 dollars for this game and to have it turn into nothing more than a 40 dollar game (guildwars entire set) where I just come online to PVP and experience the story once, in this game twice.

Im trying to enjoy the PVE but I can’t because the game wont let me, because it wants me to do something else, It wants me to go unlock more of my map and all the other stuff, follow the vistas, loot corpses and hope by doing things like that I break even and make a tiny profit.

And worst, CRAFTING, I hate crafting, This was the reason why I loved guildwars, there were CRAFTERS you didnt have to worry about crafting, you just had to find the materials give it to them, and voila, pretty armour with max standardized stats.
And mind you 15Platinums was just the cost to pay to make the armor, the materials themselves cost an arm and a leg, and it wasn’t easy either to make the money, but the beauty about guildwars was. I loved PVP, I could use my PVP rewards to fund for crafting of my elite armour and Elite Armour in guildwars was just that, purely aesthetic, if you compared them to normal 1.5plat armour they have exactly identical stats, which is not the same as Exotics vs Rares in guildwars2

Every single MMO I’ve done I never bothered touching that mechanic, Colin Johanessen said “I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, I swung a sword hay hay thats great” sarcastically to describe the current grind trend of MMO, heres my take on crafting, “I made an 8slot bag, I made an 8 slot bag again, I made another 8slot bag hayhay thats great”

All I wanted was to do the dungeon, once or twice a day after gearing myself up to get a little pocket money for using waypoints and a form of insurance incase something bad happens when I go explore the world… I cant even do that now.

And it’s not very respectful when someone goes, “Maybe this game is not for you go play [insert game here]” Im not saying you do it, Im pointing this out incase any “fanperson” here resorts to that tactic and expects another person to show them respect when they’ve disrespected the fact that another person has spent money on something they would have loved to invest time in.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

Don't get it...

Kana.6793

What skill would you be referring to? The ability to actually click an enemy before a teammate amongst the screen mess that is a DE or boss fight, or the ability to keep autoattacking whilst alttabbed? I’m confused.

If people are really spending as many hours as they claim on the forums zerging dungeon bosses and getting repair bills so big that they can’t afford a waypoint then they are doing the dungeons wrong.

Kiting with proper use of cripples and stuns, timing dodges, changing weapons and skills to suit the fight, and co-ordinating combo fields would all help.

A lot of people are trying to take glass cannon builds to dungeons, I’ve seen people out in the world trying to face-tank the mobs – in both cases they die quickly.

I’ve seen people in WvW try to zerg Stonemist without even bringing seige weapons, die in the boiling oil and just run straight back to the door again.

I’ve seen the Grenth event fail numerous times because people don’t stand in the purple stuff and just keep whacking away at the shades (doing 0 damage) despite people repeatedly telling them to stand in the purple. The people who are able to hit the shades can’t kill them all by themselves fast enough and we get overrun and the NPC dies. One time, right after that happened someone started complaining that the bosses are boring and have no tactics. We had just failed because people were ignoring a tactic and zerging!

(edited by Kana.6793)

Don't get it...

Rizzy.8293

@rizzy

Prepatch I would assume?

I’ve made 100 CoF tokens after the patch.

I farmed crafting materials like, one or two hours a day for a couple of days, not even a week.

World completion is necessary if you want gold. Especially areas above level 70 give you nice completion rewards. Well enough to get exotics at least.

Ah right so by the time the patch was implemented you werent greatly effected then. you just needed 3 or 4 more runs to get those 100 tokens So what that other guy from the dungeon forum has said about them creating a gap between fresh and veteran 80 is true.

When you support something that denies other players from attaining your status that you hardly had to work for pre patch, come on lets face it, now theres anti multiple dungeon runs and anti farming, its pretty hard for the new 80s to get to your status and forces them to grind harder thats called Elitism.

To be fair it didn’t affect me much either, considering on the very day they implemented this patch I had just got my final item, a longbow but I can still see the concern amongst players who now have to work harder than you or I to get to this level. It’s unfair.

If you feel like you’re done playing on your guardian and thats why you’re starting over on a new engineer toon, then good for you, I hope you appreciate the easy time you had on your guardian and enjoy new journey with your engineer

Don't get it...

Valkyrie.2678

Ah right so by the time the patch was implemented you werent greatly effected then. you just needed 3 or 4 more runs to get those 100 tokens So what that other guy from the dungeon forum has said about them creating a gap between fresh and veteran 80 is true.

When you support something that denies other players from attaining your status that you hardly had to work for pre patch, come on lets face it, now theres anti multiple dungeon runs and anti farming, its pretty hard for the new 80s to get to your status and forces them to grind harder thats called Elitism.

To be fair it didn’t affect me much either, considering on the very day they implemented this patch I had just got my final item, a longbow but I can still see the concern amongst players who now have to work harder than you or I to get to this level. It’s unfair.

If you feel like you’re done playing on your guardian and thats why you’re starting over on a new engineer toon, then good for you, I hope you appreciate the easy time you had on your guardian and enjoy new journey with your engineer

I agree that CoF is now not really fun, pretty hard and actually not worth the effort. They should’ve just nerfed the reward instead of buffing the whole dungeon.

But if you really really really want that skin, you gotta login, try to find some other path, other strategy or maybe other people to play with. You gotta handle it because I don’t think you can wait for ANet to nerf it back if you really, really want that skin. When you want something a lot, you just start fighting for it. I mean at least I do.

About my engineer, no. I don’t really enjoy leveling it. I’ve created it two weeks ago or so and it is just level 10

I must admit that lately, I’ve been logging in to the game far less than I used to do. But that’s my fault. Even though I wasn’t in a rush, I was on holiday and I had nothing else to do but play GW2. So now I have to wait for a content update

Does this give me the right to flame on forums? I don’t think so.

Don't get it...

Posted by: fungihoujo.8476

fungihoujo.8476

Because the game is still extremely grindy, repetitive, doesn’t have much of a ‘play it your way’ style at all. It’s WoW without loot or trinity or variation. The ‘no role’ thing has made pve nothing but a quagmire of people doing the same thing, fights that are all about the exact same thing and nothing else- dodging- and has really made this game ‘swing, swing, swing, swing’ making the set of keys you press just as, if not more, repetitive than WoW’s gameplay.

The game is just a grind without a reward. I don’t think many people would complain if the gameplay was FUN without a reward- and lo and behold the absolute least complained about part of the game is the spvp which has ZERO grind to it. Frankly, I’d like this game considerably MORE without the grinds that they very much DO have. You’ve been conditioned to automatically think ‘grind=better loot stats’- no, grind is extremely repetitive tasks you have to do over, and over, and over to advance- so, levelling, crafting, getting money so you can afford things like wvw items, travel, rezzing.

Nobody expected this game to be exactly like GW- but why didn’t they take all the successful, unique parts of GW1 and add the things largely wanted/improve on it? Why did they instead just take WoW, strip the rewards, but keep the boring gameplay?

The SPVP is good, and, it’s the only thing that doesn’t have a grind AND it’s the only thing that is exactly as was promised- and it’s the only reason I’m likely to keep playing this game.

WvW they missed their mark- why not make everything earnable in wvw, not unlike WoW’s AV with all the things you could gather in battle to summon spirits/reinforce troops, etc….? Why not have everything buildable by doing pvp/pve in the wvw zone- have nodes/animals drop parts to upgrade towers/siege, have players drop similar tokens or whatever? Instead, upgrades are best earned by those who are either really good at playing the AH/making cash or those who exploited the dozens of bugs and poor design choices before they were fixed (not including the renown folks who got banned)? Perhaps I’m silly for thinking that WvW should be about the WvW zone and what happens in it.

Don't get it...

Rizzy.8293

I agree that CoF is now not really fun, pretty hard and actually not worth the effort. They should’ve just nerfed the reward instead of buffing the whole dungeon.

But if you really really really want that skin, you gotta login, try to find some other path, other strategy or maybe other people to play with. You gotta handle it because I don’t think you can wait for ANet to nerf it back if you really, really want that skin. When you want something a lot, you just start fighting for it. I mean at least I do.

About my engineer, no. I don’t really enjoy leveling it. I’ve created it two weeks ago or so and it is just level 10

I must admit that lately, I’ve been logging in to the game far less than I used to do. But that’s my fault. Even though I wasn’t in a rush, I was on holiday and I had nothing else to do but play GW2. So now I have to wait for a content update

Does this give me the right to flame on forums? I don’t think so.

I wasn’t in a rush either when I got from 1 to 80 in 7 days, thats basically 10 levels a day and I take a break and people assume Im rushing?

And I have to remind them that different people play at different paces, if you play slower than me Im not going to assume you’re a worst player just because you’re playing slow, its just your pace.

They’ll find a way
But they still have the right to let Anet know about their issue and I’m not going to tell them to stop complaining, they bought the game and they wanted something they can enjoy from it, thats only fair.