Don't own HoT; please remove Forsaken Thicket

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vidal.4306

Vidal.4306

I’m well aware that there is an expansion, and that the expansion has raids. I don’t know if Anet is still trying to get the word out or what, but I don’t need to be reminded of gameplay that I don’t even access to.

The announcement for a raid that I can’t take part in isn’t doing me any favors, so I’d like it removed. It never should have been put there in the first place.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Its supposed to help entice you to purchase the expansion. Its called “marketing.”

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Just delete the mail and move on.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Fine, don’t help your fellow Tyrian. Some pact member you are!

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

It pops up on your screen and you cant get rid of it.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Vidal.4306

Vidal.4306

Right, it’s marketing, but at its most clumsy and most annoying. If anything else, it makes me want to buy HoT even less.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It pops up on your screen and you cant get rid of it.

Oh. You must mean the thing in the corner.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Right, it’s marketing, but at its most clumsy and most annoying. If anything else, it makes me want to buy HoT even less.

shrug We all wish we could turn off the assorted stuff in that corner from time to time. Maybe some day…

Posted by: DeadlyDohnut.7052

DeadlyDohnut.7052

I’m well aware that there is an expansion, and that the expansion has raids. I don’t know if Anet is still trying to get the word out or what, but I don’t need to be reminded of gameplay that I don’t even access to.

The announcement for a raid that I can’t take part in isn’t doing me any favors, so I’d like it removed. It never should have been put there in the first place.

You have the entire main game for free, all the features with a few less starting bags. and your getting bent over an advertisement. i guess u could always just play with the UI off and u wouldnt have to look at it. or u can buy the expansion pack and it will go away. its gone way down in price from when i bought it too so i dont understand the complaint.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

You have the entire main game for free, all the features with a few less starting bags. and your getting bent over an advertisement.

Unless a person paid for the core game, just not HoT. That’s not unusual.

u can buy the expansion pack and it will go away.

Really? Because I have HoT and the notice about raids is still there. It’ll go away eventually, but this suggestion isn’t helpful.

I don’t mind notices about Raids, PvP tournaments, etc., but I can definitely see where they could rub a person the wrong way. It would be nice (if not essential) to be able to turn such things off, to clean up the UI a little.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

You have the entire main game for free, all the features with a few less starting bags. and your getting bent over an advertisement.

Free players can’t post on the GW2 forums. This is someone that paid for GW2.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

I usually play with my inventory open to show the bag I keep stuff I use often available, it fits perfectly in that corner

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I usually play with my inventory open to show the bag I keep stuff I use often available, it fits perfectly in that corner

That’s a bit tangential to the topic but hey, that’s a clever idea.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

They should have an npc in LA that you can talk to to “complete” a pseudo-mission to let you remove those things off the screen.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

They should have an npc in LA that you can talk to to “complete” a pseudo-mission to let you remove those things off the screen.

Hehe… there should also be an npc in LA that I can talk to to “remove” some of the other npcs around the bank…

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I’ve learned to deal with almost all screen clutter, both fixed and non fixed, but the event participation popup that appears over where the event chests are, really just makes me want to strangle someone with my mouse cord.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Of course it should be there — there’s new content and this is one of the ways in which ANet let’s the community know.

(On the other hand, users should have some control about how long it remains cluttering up the screen.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

I own Hot and the info about the raid is still in the top right corner in the quest panel. It will remain there until the hype wears down. Just like the first raid isnt displayed there.

And yes it’s marketing.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

It just came out, they always send mail to all players when something new is up in game. This is a good thing, and it happen one time, so i am sure it is not to much work for you to delete it if you feel it have no relevance to it.

Posted by: ThatDamnRat.1236

ThatDamnRat.1236

Its supposed to help entice you to purchase the expansion. Its called “marketing.”

And there was me thinking it was supposed to be an aid to players to find content, you know it’s stated purpose. There’s no point showing me content I can’t do, and subverting a tool in game for marketing is annoying, transparent and does nothing to aid their cause. The tool is already kind of irritating in the fact we can’t remove notification s we’ve already seen/or have no interest in, this just serves to highlight how limited the interface in this game is and how much basic functionality is missing from it.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

And there was me thinking it was supposed to be an aid to players to find content, you know it’s stated purpose. There’s no point showing me content I can’t do, and subverting a tool in game for marketing is annoying, transparent and does nothing to aid their cause. The tool is already kind of irritating in the fact we can’t remove notification s we’ve already seen/or have no interest in, this just serves to highlight how limited the interface in this game is and how much basic functionality is missing from it.

Oh, it functions as an aid too… regardless of what it’s telling you, because you can click on it and it tells you what you have to do to be able to access that content. But the fact that you cannot turn it off, also makes it a tool for marketing. One purpose doesn’t preclude another. So, we’re essentially on the same page.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I have HoT and would love to be able to turn off items on that list. In particular, the PvP Leagues are Active and the Forsaken Thicket-Salvation Pass ones.

I really don’t like a lot of clutter on the screen and have made things as small as I can, as it gets in the way. I wish we could do a little more to customize the UI, and maybe check a box to remove items we don’t want to see.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

While I disagree with you and think it should be there to make people aware of the new raid wing, I do think ANet should invest in making the announcements’ visibility configurable in the user preferences so we don’t have to read the same announcements for months on end (ie. PvP league).

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Yeah, those messages lasting for a long time makes me mostly ignore them.

That said, it’s getting ridiculous if a gamecompany can’t even promote their own expansions and updates in their own game anymore.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

It’s a small message in the upper corner of your screen, just ignore it.

Posted by: TimeSheep.4605

TimeSheep.4605

I think it would be nice if they were dismissible, so you can remove that particular notice when you’ve seen it. I usually just collapse them and forget about them. There are so many other things in the UI I’d rather be complaining about.

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

I advise you use CTRL + SHIFT + H. No more UI for whinners.

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

I would rather just kick an Anet dev in the nuts. It might strike the point home that we want a clean UI over marketing crap (like the stupid twitch adds for the e sport idiocy). And yes, I paid for both the game and the expansion. But my only interest is in open world content (be it PVE, or PVP (wvw for open world PVP). I don’t find any of the linear instanced content remotely of interest. Hell I am still downloading this stupid patch for something I will never participate in (slow connection and is highest in my rural area). So it is detrimentally affecting the game I play and paid for by causing lag from the downloading of raid content textures and maps.

Posted by: OrbitalButt.5708

OrbitalButt.5708

The Forsaken Thicket is what I call my no-no place

A pretty big wheel down at the cracker factory

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

Maybe anet should have a gem store option, where you can pay to disable it for x hours. Then we would see who really had a problem with it.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Maybe anet should have a gem store option, where you can pay to disable it for x hours. Then we would see who really had a problem with it.

Only if we gate access to the raids in the same way. Then we’ll see who really wants them.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.