Don't ragequit/uninstall just yet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

I know a lot of people are upset with some of the changes, but try and understand the reasons from the developer point of view and allow for some things to be readjusted as necessary.

some of the changes that people aren’t liking will possibly be further tweaked with hotfixes, just give it time.

The best you all can do is provide calm and detailed feedback like some have already been doing. It is possible that they had overlooked some things and all of you will do a better job at finding the issues than a small team would be able to.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Anyone who’d rage quit over this is not someone I’d like to play with.

Zerker still has the highest damage output, combat in GW2 is still pretty quick compared to other MMOs.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Try to use logic with rage quitters usually doesn’t work, but the idea is good.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Gardavil.1762

Gardavil.1762

I know a lot of people are upset with some of the changes, but try and understand the reasons from the developer point of view and allow for some things to be readjusted as necessary.

some of the changes that people aren’t liking will possibly be further tweaked with hotfixes, just give it time.

The best you all can do is provide calm and detailed feedback like some have already been doing. It is possible that they had overlooked some things and all of you will do a better job at finding the issues than a small team would be able to.

Anet nerfed my characters into the dirt today by taking away almost all Traits my characters had earned. I am not a good enough Player to reach level 80. That’s right, I am not good enough at this game… but I love parts of GW2 enough that I had kept the game installed so I could return one day.
Well today I log in and my highest character, lvl 51 ELE has four traits out of the over 15 he used to have. FOUR. I was having a hard enough time as it is.

Anet doesn’t want People like me playing their MMO. Anet must want the Players that can breeze through leveling content to 80, which I admit I have had a hard time doing. Without those traits, and the benefits I each of my characters got from them, the game is now beyond my abilities.

These changes were great for the gazillion lvl 80s, but not good for Players that have a hard time with this game. Anet decided whom their preferred customers are and I am not on the list.

I am not rage quitting, I just realize I don’t belong here and there is no sense in holding out hope I might play GW2 again.

Feedback Given. Resigned from Guild. All Characters deleted. Game Uninstalled.

stumble stumble crawl crawl

(edited by Gardavil.1762)

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Anet nerfed my characters into the dirt today by taking away almost all Traits my characters had earned. I am not a good enough Player to reach level 80. That’s right, I am not good enough at this game… but I love parts of GW2 enough that I had kept the game installed so I could return one day.
Well today I log in and my highest character, lvl 51 ELE has four traits out of the over 15 he used to have. FOUR. I was having a hard enough time as it is.

Anet doesn’t want People like me playing their MMO. Without those traits, and the benefits I each of my characters got from them, the game is now beyond my abilities.

These changes were great for the gazillion lvl 80s, but not good for Players that have a hard time with this game. Anet decided whom their preferred customers are and I am not on the list.

LOL. 4 Traits is equal to an old 20 traits. Each new trait is basically 5 trait points and unlocks one trait slot.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: vikkival.2459

vikkival.2459

Anet doesn’t want People like me playing their MMO. Without those traits, and the benefits I each of my characters got from them, the game is now beyond my abilities.

I am not rage quitting, I just realize I don’t belong here and no sense in holding out hope I might play GW2 again.

Whoa. Can’t you work around it? I’m in the same position where I’m a lvl 52 and all my traits went down to 5. I just added some traits and went on my merry way doing lower level map completions. Just take a breather~

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

I spent a real-life equivalent of 500$ on something I no longer even want.

A second incinerator.

I could give two kittens about it’s amazing ability to swap stats on the go. I can change it’s stat combination by spending another 50g.

If anything, that’s why I want to quit.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

A second incinerator.

I could give two kittens about it’s amazing ability to swap stats on the go. I can change it’s stat combination by spending another 50g.

So you don’t care that when Super Ascended gear hits next year, you’ll have two Super Ascended weapons immediately and won’t need to spend the equivalent of $4,000 to make news ones?

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: vikkival.2459

vikkival.2459

A second incinerator.

About that, Isn’kitten good thing to have two incinerators? I don’t understand this problem. To me I see it as, you’re done and set. You never have to worry about making one in the future if you ever did want a second legendary dagger.

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Anet doesn’t want People like me playing their MMO. Anet must want the Players that can breeze through leveling content to 80, which I admit I have had a hard time doing. Without those traits, and the benefits I each of my characters got from them, the game is now beyond my abilities.

I am not rage quitting, I just realize I don’t belong here and there is no sense in holding out hope I might play GW2 again.

You are aware that you’re still getting the same amount of traits that you were able to get before? The only change they did was to make the tool simpler by making you spend the trait points only when you are able to unlock a minor/major trait, how different is it from spending a single trait point that nets you +10 to a stat?

Now that’s someone I surely won’t miss.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

We already gave our feedback when the blogs hit. And anet told us they wouldn’t change this. The world boss times are the only thing they said arn’t set in stone. So for all the other things, I can complain all I want.

Recalibar.6482

A second incinerator.

So you don’t care that when Super Ascended gear hits next year, you’ll have two Super Ascended weapons immediately and won’t need to spend the equivalent of $4,000 to make news ones?

That’s about the only reason I haven’t posted a video on youtube of me deleting my second incinerator. Arenanet has a good track record so far of compensation for this sort of thing. See Eternity’s extra effects over the twilight and sunrise.

Edit: Syntax Lol

Recalibar.6482

A second incinerator.

About that, Isn’kitten good thing to have two incinerators? I don’t understand this problem. To me I see it as, you’re done and set. You never have to worry about making one in the future if you ever did want a second legendary dagger.

50g ascended dagger crafting price is a lot more favorable on the wallet than a 3000g incinerator crafting price.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Wow, I was about to ask you to join our guild and I would personkally get you L80. Sorry to see you go, but you know what is best for you.

Posted by: Fredgerd.3204

Fredgerd.3204

People think this game is hard???

I mean, there are some optional things (like soloing champions) that are pretty challenging, but just getting to 80 is not difficult. Hell, you can get there just by farming the zerg train and crafting.

I only just hit 80 recently and the biggest obstacle to me was just that my characters looked like kitten so I kept getting bored with them. When I finally bit the bullet and just accepted my character wouldn’t look the way I wanted till 80, it took me under a month to do. Some people have done it significantly faster by choosing to do more streamlined routes to 80. Now that styles are available to all character levels, that one is gone and I expect I’ll be leveling alot more characters up.

Maybe you should play Vulgarr the Viking or Holy Diver or something to put things in perspective.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

LOL. 4 Traits is equal to an old 20 traits. Each new trait is basically 5 trait points and unlocks one trait slot.

actually no, the person you quoted is talking about traits, not trait points.
at level 50 before, you had 8 traits at 50 now you have access to 4.

Because now you dont start earning trait points until 30. So yes you actually have less traits, at 60 or so they start giving two traits to even it out.

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

“It will get better with time!”

I don’t disagree, but I think it’s a much better business model to release stuff when it’s done. This patch is a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally long freaking way from done. It needs like three months more of work.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I’m not about to do any rage-quitting. There are things I don’t like (new champ schedule, and my town clothes tonic that gives me horrible drab brown/uncoloured clothes that I can’t believe anyone would want to ever wear, unless they were rp-ing a hessian sack), but there are things I DO like too – I’m delighted that my salvaging now unlocks everything as a skin, salvaging hasn’t been this much fun since the introduction of MF (and that was beginning to get old). Also I think the new traits system is much simpler and will be easier for newbies. Pros and cons, as always I suppose.

What I want now is some new LS so I can put it all to the test properly

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

actually no, the person you quoted is talking about traits, not trait points.
at level 50 before, you had 8 traits at 50 now you have access to 4.

Because now you dont start earning trait points until 30. So yes you actually have less traits, at 60 or so they start giving two traits to even it out.

Well, why did he say ‘over 15…’ then?

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

You are aware that you’re still getting the same amount of traits that you were able to get before? The only change they did was to make the tool simpler by making you spend the trait points only when you are able to unlock a minor/major trait, how different is it from spending a single trait point that nets you +10 to a stat?

Now that’s someone I surely won’t miss.

Not quite. At level 51…

• Before: his character had earned 41 trait points, could unlock Master traits and had the equivalent of 820 stat points.
  • Now: his character has earned the equivalent of 20 trait points, only has access to Adept traits, and has the equivalent of 400 stat points.

Objectively, that’s quite a reduction. Sure, by 80 he would be in the same place as an 80 is now — but for someone who was barely able to cope before this change, the reduction to mob stats may not be enough.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Lol!

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Unless i’m missing something. But you can do the same with those 4 traits as you could with those 15 traits… It even helps you as there’s less chance making dumb mistakes.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I’m sorry. It’s not the devs PoV that matters.

It’s NCSoft’s PoV. The “just business” PoV.

Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

4 trait points now equals 20 previously.

In terms of the old point system you have gained 5 points.

Now earning those higher trait skills might be something to complain about, but it’s not something to delete all your characters over.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

The only change I don’t understand is making trait start at lvl 30 instead of 10, and ridiculously slowly acquired after that. It was already hard enough getting new players acclimated to gw2 coming from other games, & this is another setback to those of us trying to pull new friends into the game. It’s really rather upsetting that they went that route.

Everything else, I’m happy with… a little miffed about the awkward megaservers interfering with community but willing to see where it goes from here.

Posted by: Abalieno.8502

Abalieno.8502

You are aware that you’re still getting the same amount of traits that you were able to get before?

No, he doesn’t. Stop misleading people.

Only at level 80 you get the same amount of traits.

At level 51, before the patch, he had 41 trait points, since they started at level 10.

After the patch, a level 51 has 4 trait points. Every new trait point corresponds roughly to 5 old trait points. So 4 trait points now equal 20.

Hence, pre-patch he had 41 trait points, post-patch the equivalent of 20. That means that his character has effectively lost 21 trait points then he’ll only get back at level 80.

So, if you don’t understand the new system, avoid commenting it.

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

Unless i’m missing something. But you can do the same with those 4 traits as you could with those 15 traits… It even helps you as there’s less chance making dumb mistakes.

Traits not trait points. A level 51 does not have master traits and has less minor and major traits open than before the patch. The only time they equalize is at lv80. Before then, a given character has less they can do and less customization.

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

I don’t personally have any interest in quitting the game, though I might be pushed that way over time if it remains difficult to play and roleplay with friends. I love the game for the game but the socialization aspect is still really important to me and others. I hope that ANet will listen to some of the frustrations that are being expressed.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

Feedback Given. Resigned from Guild. All Characters deleted. Game Uninstalled

You must not have actually applied those trait points.
1 point now = 5 points in the past.
I have noticed that:
I do not have a harder time killing mobs.
I do not go down or die anymore than previously.
I do not suffer in any way.
I do not have traits at the moment… and that’s fine because of every other reason I just listed.
Maybe instead of rage quitting, you should have actually tried using your 4 trait points.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

The only change I don’t understand is making trait start at lvl 30 instead of 10, and ridiculously slowly acquired after that. It was already hard enough getting new players acclimated to gw2 coming from other games, & this is another setback to those of us trying to pull new friends into the game. It’s really rather upsetting that they went that route.

Everything else, I’m happy with… a little miffed about the awkward megaservers interfering with community but willing to see where it goes from here.

People were annoyed that once they got a character to 30 there was nothing to look forward to until maxing. Now they give us some progression after 30 people are complaining about that. The trait change is fine if you really think about it.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Vio.2506

Vio.2506

The speed of acquiring traits was fine. Having them faster means you have more to experiment with build wise. They have effectively increased the grind in the game.

lol and instead of the 20 boring levels ‘after’ level 30 you now have the 20 borring levels before it.

Posted by: owlslovetrees.4051

owlslovetrees.4051

People leaving a game that has changed in ways they strongly dislike aren’t “rage quitting”. They’re just flat out quitting because they no longer like the product. Some are angry, some sad, some are disappointed and some annoyed. Some don’t care enough to feel anything about leaving and are just going to find other games and hobbies. Mocking people for leaving isn’t helpful for fair. I haven’t left but I’ve deleted several characters that I no longer have time to work on developing. It just seems too time consuming to work on them now that lower levels are crippled from this patch. I’m making a point on scaling back my involvement due to the unneeded stress of having to rework, rebuild and relearn everything. I played this game for fun and as a stress relief from work. Now it’s just become more work.

This is also the first time I’ve ever spoken on these forums since I got the game at launch. I’ve never felt the need before and I’m a very laid back and casual player. Even with the debacle of the Living Story over the last year- it was problematic but the base game was intact and could still be enjoyed. In one year they’ve destroyed the mechanics of the game, the sense off community on the world servers, Lions Arch, town clothes and my confidence in their creative and design directions..

I’m not gone but I really have one foot out the door and don’t think I’ll be dedicating as much time as I was planning to this summer on playing this game or in the foreseeable future.

-owlslovetrees

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

All I wanted was the skin.

And now all I want is to delete my second Incinerator, because it’s now useless and worthless to own. My only hope is that Arenenet recognizes this injustice and does something. Anything to fix this issue. Arenanet has been good about this sort of thing in the past by adding extra effects to Eternity over Twilight and Sunrise.

So please, please recognize that just because only a couple dozen players have accomplished this goal, does not mean that we should be ignored.

How is a legendary worthless to own?

You spent the time and money to make two, that’s more then some can every say to do. Unlike others you can go “I actually made my second”. instead of using the skin. You could put the second legendary on an alt if you really don’t care about the stat swapping, or keep them on your main.

I fail to see how this update invalidates your efforts or makes your legendaries worthless.

This is like complaining about buying something and then a while later it goes on sale.

edit: How is it work? I spent… an hour or so actually looking at the traits and got my old build mostly back and ready to go. I don’t see how there is “So much to relearn” or how it is more work.

True, I’ve not played lower level characters in a while but I don’t see how they’ve been so heavily crippled by this. My engineer went from 20 to 40 without touching traits, same with some other characters.

Hell, guildies ingame are saying they’ve downscaled certain stuff in response to less traits earlier…

(edited by Kalavier.1097)

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Now that content updates have been separated from feature updates, ANet definitely needs a public test server for testing content changes well in advance of them going live. PTS’s greatly cut down on design issues and major mis-steps by allowing stumbling blocks to be discovered and addressed before they have a chance to negatively impact the broader player base.

Sad thing, though, is that just the feature previews raised serious concerns among players and ANet doesn’t appear to have listened to any of them. Whether or not there is a PTS system, if they aren’t willing to make adjustments based on community feedback, or outcry, then they are just breeding higher churn rates and increasing the negativity instilled in each person who leaves the game.

Recalibar.6482

All I wanted was the skin.

And now all I want is to delete my second Incinerator, because it’s now useless and worthless to own. My only hope is that Arenenet recognizes this injustice and does something. Anything to fix this issue. Arenanet has been good about this sort of thing in the past by adding extra effects to Eternity over Twilight and Sunrise.

So please, please recognize that just because only a couple dozen players have accomplished this goal, does not mean that we should be ignored.

How is a legendary worthless to own?

You spent the time and money to make two, that’s more then some can every say to do. Unlike others you can go “I actually made my second”. instead of using the skin. You could put the second legendary on an alt if you really don’t care about the stat swapping, or keep them on your main.

I fail to see how this update invalidates your efforts or makes your legendaries worthless.

This is like complaining about buying something and then a while later it goes on sale.[/quote]

Eh, I’m probably just going to end up deleting it. It no longer has any value to me. If I have to tell people that “Oh hey, this one is real” it makes me seem like I have some superiority complex over other people who run “fake” incinerators. Do you realize how ridiculous it would be to link them in every dungeon party I group up for? That’s just facetious.

It makes what I did worthless because I spent 500$ on a skin. 500$ in gold. It’s now worth about 62g.

How would you feel if a cable company sold you a 500$ TV with a cable package deal, then 2 weeks later began selling the exact same product for 11$ to those who already paid for it? I’d bet you’d feel pretty kittenty too. It’s not a sale, it’s just a message that “kitten you, the months you spent grinding out every single material, every single mat, and every single requirement is now useless. Enjoy your game.”

Posted by: WaveyDL.6945

WaveyDL.6945

I’m not quitting yet as I only just got the game but I’m not looking forward to the seemingly loooooonger grind to 80. I —>FELT<-- that I was progressing when playing 1-35 and my character had unlocked some useful things.

Now I feel like a level 10 again dreaming of the lofty heights of actually having more than one trait.

I just don’t get why they did it. I understood the old system and I’ve only had the game a week. This new system is a little more confusing and —>FEELS<-- like a nerf.

TBH I’m just going to not play for a while and see what happens. Maybe in a bit I’ll feel like grinding those levels but with such scant reward it’s just not as appealing. I know it’s a game and I should enjoy the playing of it but where’s the reward?

Every 5 levels?

Why?

Why not points every level and a trait every 5. That makes it —>FEEL<-- like I’m progressing. This makes it —>FEEL<-- slower.

Sorry for shouting feel but some people have problems reading what I’m typing and tell me I’m still getting the same as before.

Kalavier.1097

I never said “link it to everybody”. But if somebody mentions it, you can confirm that fact. WHY destroy the second one? You have it. Destroying it is pointless.

Sigh. ANET is not saying “kitten you”. It never has been. Your legendary is still there. If they add another level of gear, it’ll auto level with that. You have two daggers there which will ALWAYS have the best stats for daggers. How is that worthless?

The thing is, NOBODY else who hasn’t worked for the legendary dagger (or just bought it) has it. NOBODY kittenING ELSE.

I can’t go spend 62g on an ascended dagger and run around with that skin. I’ll only have it if I worked out the materials.

edit: They merged some minor traits into major traits, and changed some others. This way every time you click to put a point in a line, you get a trait unlocked instantly. I’d say thats better then simply clicking and seeing nothing more then a little stat boost.

I’m hardly confused by it at all.

edit2: Anet should add a “Donate legendary” button. So the people who truly feel (mistakenly so) Anet is kittening them over and at least give their legendary to somebody who has none, instead of mindlessly destroying it for no good reason.

(edited by Kalavier.1097)

Recalibar.6482

I never said “link it to everybody”. But if somebody mentions it, you can confirm that fact. WHY destroy the second one? You have it. Destroying it is pointless.

Sigh. ANET is not saying “kitten you”. It never has been. Your legendary is still there. If they add another level of gear, it’ll auto level with that. You have two daggers there which will ALWAYS have the best stats for daggers. How is that worthless?

The thing is, NOBODY else who hasn’t worked for the legendary dagger (or just bought it) has it. NOBODY kittenING ELSE.

I can’t go spend 62g on an ascended dagger and run around with that skin. I’ll only have it if I worked out the materials.

Because, to be honest, It would actually sort of feel satisfying to be able to smash that 500$ TV and drop the 11$ for the same result I would have already gotten thanks to the patch.

“If they add another level of gear, it’ll auto level with that. " is about the only reason that I’d hold onto it. As I see it now, I don’t care to be reimbursed. I just want a tiny bit of recognition for the hours upon hours I’ve sat and wasted my life on this game.

WaveyDL.6945

They merged some minor traits into major traits, and changed some others. This way every time you click to put a point in a line, you get a trait unlocked instantly. I’d say thats better then simply clicking and seeing nothing more then a little stat boost.

I’m hardly confused by it at all.

Full set of 80’s I’m guessing.

Well as a new player I now have to level 5 times (after getting to 30) to see any results to my effort.

How does this make the game more fun or interesting? I seems slower and less involved to me but then I’m not sitting on top of a pile of 80’s pitting the plebs!

Kalavier.1097

And you have that in the form of the legendary, both of them.

It’s not the same, the legendary itself isn’t devalued. It’s the same value as before.

edit: Nope. two 80s, only around 60, one around 40ish, another at 35 and two at 20/21. One at 11 (was my mule before I bought more slots) and I have another empty character slot.

WaveyDL.6945

Have fun leveling them then!

Kalavier.1097

I will. I have a fun guild and friends who will help me. So I’m not going to rage at leveling alts.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

The speed of acquiring traits was fine. Having them faster means you have more to experiment with build wise. They have effectively increased the grind in the game.

lol and instead of the 20 boring levels ‘after’ level 30 you now have the 20 borring levels before it.

No, this is bullkitten. You can still experiment build you just have to do it a bit later. And cheaper. And if leveling is boring for you anyway then nothing will help.

30 quick levels and then building up your character for the last 50 levels seems a much better way to go. I’m doing it right now and I’m not finding a problem at all. Try it and see.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

WaveyDL.6945

You’re missing my point. The game just got more boring. Before I got a reward for every level after 11 and it felt like my character was growing all the time.

Now I get the almost the same reward but it’s all bundled up every 5 levels after I get to 30. Oh and I’m slow as kitten again because that trait is not available until ~lvl 50.

Posted by: Chamolin.4530

Chamolin.4530

This is the first time I heard about this Super Ascended stuff. This will obviously mean all your legendaries will be auto upgraded accordingly. But do we need it? Really What we have now should be good enough to carry on with.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Because, to be honest, It would actually sort of feel satisfying to be able to smash that 500$ TV and drop the 11$ for the same result I would have already gotten thanks to the patch.

“If they add another level of gear, it’ll auto level with that. " is about the only reason that I’d hold onto it. As I see it now, I don’t care to be reimbursed. I just want a tiny bit of recognition for the hours upon hours I’ve sat and wasted my life on this game.

You know they said ascended was the final tier of gear. The argument for legendary stats always being BiS is terrible.

WaveyDL.6945

I will. I have a fun guild and friends who will help me. So I’m not going to rage at leveling alts.

So happy for you but as I’ve not been playing a week yet I’m not in a guild yet and have only found a few people in the starter areas who even reply when you chat with them.

I have several invites from people who didn’t even bother to ask if I wanted to join their guild but TBH I don’t want a guild that just sends out blanket invites.

I’m seeing this from a point of view that I don’t think you can understand. I went from a smooth slope of leveling to a sharp cliff topped by jagged stepps.

I really am happy that you have everything set up for leveling your alts. But as a new player I don’t so I’ll pop on now and then but I’m not sure it’s going to be as engaging as it was before and not nearly as fun!

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

It began with a separation between PvP and PvE armor stats. The game was destined to be a profound pile of garbage at that point. The game laid belly-down at the start of a slope that sluiced into a pile of gear grind.

Then came ascended rings. The game was diagnosed with a terminal cancer: November 2012.

Now we have time-gated crafting and events for amulets, rings, back-pieces, earrings, weapons and armor—gear grind that amounts to over a month’s time of waiting and hundreds of gold. Now we’re getting grind for traits. We’re getting more dead levels which grant players nothing proving that fact that GW2 has 50 too many levels and that “80 levels” was probably little more than an arbitrary number drummed up by some developer as a means to attract the WoW crowd.

Meanwhile, gold is now harder to find in overworld PvE to the point that leveling to 80 will probably not provide the player with nearly enough to acquire end-game gear.

There is only grind now.
There is only cancerous PvP.
There is only zerging.
There is only a game that plays itself.
There is only a sword.

Oh, hey, I swung it again.

(edited by Swagg.9236)

Posted by: Chamolin.4530

Chamolin.4530

I like the changes to the trait system. Save money and time on changing trait builds. I can now change for PVP or PVE focused builds on the go.

Kalavier.1097

Huh. I’ve not touched ANY of the zergs lately, and I’ve made… 100 gold. Purely hitting fractals and dungeons with some other stuff. Ascended crafting can be a pain yes, but you only truly need it if you wanna do high end fractals, which you can ignore entirely.

You can do explorable dungeons as you level up, getting a gold a path. I believe they start at 35? Meaning by the time you hit end level, you can easily go do some AC explorable and get enough gold to buy a generic exotic armor set. depending on the stat set, you can get something as cheap as 6-7 gold maybe. Hey that’s running two dungeons or so explorable modes once each path, not including loot, money dropped, or chance of something dropping that’s worth a bit (or salvaging materials to sell.)

The game isn’t that hard. If you need help, ASK. if you are in a guild, ask for help. Instead of complaining about it being too hard, look at what you are fighting (Is it a champ? a group event?) and ask for help to take it out in guild or map chat.

If you are having a hard time but not asking for help or advice, you are ruining the game for yourself, it is an MMO, not a single player game.

You say you aren’t ragequitting, but you are quitting. You are giving up without a try. Instead of taking a breath, asking for help, you delete everything.

“calmquitting”? Maybe. But you are still letting a bit of trouble and adversity tear you apart. I hope you don’t treat real life issues the same way.