Don't sell your ToT bags

Don't sell your ToT bags

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: warduke.1780

warduke.1780

First of all I’d like to thank Anet for a fang-tastic Halloween festival! (Sorry, I couldn’t resist…)

I’ve been farming ToT bags like crazy and until recently I was selling them instead of opening them. I was making some decent gold and I thought “with my luck I’d never get any good drops from the bags”. Then a few things happened to change my mind.

One guildie THREE endless batwing potions from one 250 stack of Trick-or-Treat bags. She made enough gold to buy her precursor. Another received 5 of the black cat minis (I can’t remember the name…)

A friend of mine also got a batwing potion, which he sold to fund his alt habit. Finally, I found a reddit thread in which several people received a precursor from the ToT bags. Whether or not this is possible, I don’t know. All I know is my guildies and my friend are now rich, and I’m opening my bags instead of selling them.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Finally, I found a reddit thread in which several people received a precursor from the ToT bags. Whether or not this is possible, I don’t know.

It’s not possible.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Well… I would advise, feel free to open your bags, but only if you like playing the lottery and are content with gaining little more than some candy corn for cobs. Cause most of what you’re going to get is worth jack squat and you may never land a drop that is worth a lot.

That’s just the RNG of it.

Or words to that effect.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Ive heard about someone getting the Focus (or scepter?) precursor from ToT bags too…but I think it is fake,because it does not drop any equipment,why would it drop PRECURSORS?
I think this rumor was made by someone that bought a lot of ToT bags and want to sell them for profit later on.

Also,I just bought 5000 ToT bags earlier and all I got was a mini Zuzu (the cat) and nothing more,no batwing,no color changing-amulet,no mini ghostly dog…sigh.

But at least my Magic find went from 125 to 140%

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

You get armor/weapons from the champion ToT bags, as I recall. That might be what they’re talking about.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I’ve opened 400g worth of bags and the best thing I’ve gotten was two mini zuzu cats.

Don't sell your ToT bags

warduke.1780

Ive heard about someone getting the Focus (or scepter?) precursor from ToT bags too…but I think it is fake,because it does not drop any equipment,why would it drop PRECURSORS?
I think this rumor was made by someone that bought a lot of ToT bags and want to sell them for profit later on.

Also,I just bought 5000 ToT bags earlier and all I got was a mini Zuzu (the cat) and nothing more,no batwing,no color changing-amulet,no mini ghostly dog…sigh.

But at least my Magic find went from 125 to 140%

Seems a little far-fetched though? I think it’s more likely that people who don’t get drops are just frustrated with those who do, and label them liars or whatever. I can understand that frustration because I’ve never had a precursor drop either.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Best thing I’ve gotten from the ToT bags was a Mini Zuzu. Sold it for 24g back during the first few days.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

You get armor/weapons from the champion ToT bags, as I recall. That might be what they’re talking about.

That’s actually somewhat plausible, I got an exotic warhorn from one yesterday.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Seems a little far-fetched though? I think it’s more likely that people who don’t get drops are just frustrated with those who do, and label them liars or whatever. I can understand that frustration because I’ve never had a precursor drop either.

It’s not farfetched, the simple fact of the matter is that precursors are counted in the loot tables as nothing but exotic weapons. If something drops exotic weapons, it can drop a precursor weapon. But these are not the type of bags that drop weapons, you have no more possibility of getting a precursor from a trick or treat bag than you would from a heavy moldy bag.

Also, the bags already have a super-rare, super-valuable drop. Not sure why people feel they have to sweeten the pot.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

5000 bags, no Zuzu :…(

Server: Gate of Madness

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Zuzu is currently at about 17g on the market, right? :P

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Don't sell your ToT bags

warduke.1780

It’s not farfetched, the simple fact of the matter is that precursors are counted in the loot tables as nothing but exotic weapons. If something drops exotic weapons, it can drop a precursor weapon. But these are not the type of bags that drop weapons, you have no more possibility of getting a precursor from a trick or treat bag than you would from a heavy moldy bag.

Also, the bags already have a super-rare, super-valuable drop. Not sure why people feel they have to sweeten the pot.

So how are people getting precursors from it?

Bear in mind these ToT bags aren’t simple “heavy x bags” or whatever. They’re special bags for a festival.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

The Precursors are dropping from the ToT Champion Bags that you get from the three bosses in The Labirynth. The regular ToT bags drop no equipment and, therefore, no Precursors. They do, no doubt, have a chance for valuable rare drops though. I was commanding a group two nights ago in which someone looted The Legend after killing the Wizard.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’ve been making 15g an hour from selling bags, I’ve bought enough candy corn cobs to fully equip 2 characters with 20 slot pails and still have plenty gold left over. To me that’s way better than any RNG item I could get from them.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Don't sell your ToT bags

Tman.6349

I’ve been making 15g an hour from selling bags, I’ve bought enough candy corn cobs to fully equip 2 characters with 20 slot pails and still have plenty gold left over. To me that’s way better than any RNG item I could get from them.

Indeed! The 7.5ish gold pricetag on 20 slot bags is MUCH better than your standard 13-16g. With 12 geared (and very much used) 80s, I couldn’t be happier about this. The "2014 Rewards are Useless/Underwhelming’ sentiments I’ve seen so much of are rather silly, IMO.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I’m considering starting to sell ToT bags once I’ve amassed enough candy corn to make the cobs I need to get Halloween Pails (the 20-slot equipment bags) for my level 80 mesmer, engineer and warrior and my up-leveling guardian. At the current rate that should only take a few more days. I’ve already gotten the Maize Balm recipe and Zuzu from the bags, and have gathered enough candy to buy the other three available minis, and I’m not real interested in the “super-rare” mini. So, at this point I’m really just building up what I need to get, say, 15 pails or so which should outfit these three characters, and any other unusual or rare drops that come in while I’m doing that are pure gravy.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yep, yep. If you don’t do Fractals, the Halloween Pails are now the cheapest way to get 20 slot bags.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

The rule normal openable/salvageable items is:

- The price gravitates toward the average value of the yields

The rule with holiday items is:

- The price generally sits a little above the average yield

The rule with holiday items containing a delusional hope that you could obtain a skin worth about 2k gold:

- The price tends to sit even farther above the price of the average yield

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

I’ve had a few rare items. Although they did not drop from bags; they dropped from npc’s just like anywhere else in the game. Same with T6 crafting mats.
Like above, the only item of real monetary value was one mini zuzu.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

nice pump and dump attempt

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

I’ve opened 400g worth of bags and the best thing I’ve gotten was two mini zuzu cats.

I’ve opened about 4,700 ToT bags now and the best thing I’ve gotten was one cat. I haven’t even gotten any of the exotic jewels that change your color.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

lol….i’ll continue to sell mine. i’ve got all i want from the cob vendor.

5+ G per hour in just bags (@5s each).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

The leader from the “King” guild i believe it was, has opened over 470K bags in order to try and get the mini ghost wolf, but has been unable to, he’s lost an overall of 3.5K gold after reselling all contents if I’m not mistaken.

Yet I’ve seen people open 2 stacks and getting both the cat and the wolf.

It’s RNG, either you sell them for hard raw gold or you open them in a lottery setting and see if you get lucky

Don't sell your ToT bags

aerial.7021

Well yeah, but its always nice getting something you want from where it’s generated from instead of just throwing gold at the problem.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

The leader from the “King” guild i believe it was, has opened over 470K bags in order to try and get the mini ghost wolf, but has been unable to, he’s lost an overall of 3.5K gold after reselling all contents if I’m not mistaken.

Yet I’ve seen people open 2 stacks and getting both the cat and the wolf.

It’s RNG, either you sell them for hard raw gold or you open them in a lottery setting and see if you get lucky

Actually it was 1.12m bags.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Gwynefyrdd-the-Halloween-miniature/page/4#post4515373

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Well yeah, but its always nice getting something you want from where it’s generated from instead of just throwing gold at the problem.

The main way to get the Cat is Candy Corn Cobs form the merchant, not the bags. Its a bonus form the bags. What people are talking about is the Mini Ghost Wolf that is the actual thing most people want from teh bags that they arent’ getting.

Update: at 30k bags opened, No Wolf =(

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Don't sell your ToT bags

warduke.1780

The Precursors are dropping from the ToT Champion Bags that you get from the three bosses in The Labirynth. The regular ToT bags drop no equipment and, therefore, no Precursors. They do, no doubt, have a chance for valuable rare drops though. I was commanding a group two nights ago in which someone looted The Legend after killing the Wizard.

What about this guy?

http://redd.it/2kdgeo

http://imgur.com/CvAyjmN

He got a precursor from a ToT bag. And lots of other people have got one too. Did Anet overlook something?

Don't sell your ToT bags

RoseofGilead.8907

What about this guy?

He got a precursor from a ToT bag. And lots of other people have got one too. Did Anet overlook something?

No, he did not get it from a ToT bag; weapons and armor do not drop from ToT bags. He either got it from one of the special champion bags that drop from the legendary bosses in the labyrinth or as a random drop from a mob. Or he just pulled it from his bank and dropped it into his inventory.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Maize Balm farmers trying to drive up the price of ToT bags I see.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Don't sell your ToT bags

warduke.1780

What about this guy?

No, he did not get it from a ToT bag; weapons and armor do not drop from ToT bags. He either got it from one of the special champion bags that drop from the legendary bosses in the labyrinth or as a random drop from a mob. Or he just pulled it from his bank and dropped it into his inventory.

Do you work for Anet?

If not, how do you know what does/doesn’t drop? Just because something hasn’t dropped for you from a bag, it doesn’t mean it won’t drop for others.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

What about this guy?

He likely opened up a large candy bag. Those drop equipment of masterwork rarity and above.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Large_Candy_Bag

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

precursor from a ToT bag ?? nah … it’s just pure manipulation to drive up the bags price

a Fake ‘’ legit ’’ screenshot It’s easy to do .. all you need is two account or a friend you trust.

Put your precursors into your personal guild bank and have your second account pick them up and then mail it back to your main account. Now on your main account just start opening a few bags to fill your chat log with stuff you get from the bags .. then open your mail and loot your own precursors , close your mail windows and open 4-5 additional bags ..

chat logs will show the stuff you get from the bags and something like ‘’ you receive 1 Dusk ’’ between the lines .. take a screenshot and post it on reddit.

simple as that.

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Don't sell your ToT bags

Tman.6349

precursor from a ToT bag ?? nah … it’s just pure manipulation to drive up the bags price

a Fake ‘’ legit ’’ screenshot It’s easy to do .. all you need is two account or a friend you trust.

Put your precursors into your personal guild bank and have your second account pick them up and then mail it back to your main account. Now on your main account just start opening a few bags to fill your chat log with stuff you get from the bags .. then open your mail and loot your own precursors , close your mail windows and open 4-5 additional bags ..

chat logs will show the stuff you get from the bags and something like ‘’ you receive 1 Dusk ’’ between the lines .. take a screenshot and post it on reddit.

simple as that.

It’s not some grand, contrived, convoluted conspiracy/hoax. People ARE getting Pre drops. I already explained how/why above. They were just mistaken where the drop actually came from.

Simple as that…

BTW: LMAO at your “SIMPLE as that.”^^ O.o

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

That screenshot seems a bit odd. Opening bags at 10:37, but screenshot at 10:47. Nothing in-between. And no Gold whatsoever. Plus the statement that the player in question had lots of ToT bags on the TP for sale. Just seems, well, off to me. /shrug

Don't sell your ToT bags

warduke.1780

simple as that.

No offence but this is laughable. This is Guild Wars 2, not Wall Street Online. What kind of person is going to go to such lengths? Besides, it’s not like a post on reddit is going to change anything.

Personally I think some people who play this game need to get out more, they’re starting to sound a bit paranoid…

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

simple as that.

No offence but this is laughable. This is Guild Wars 2, not Wall Street Online. What kind of person is going to go to such lengths? Besides, it’s not like a post on reddit is going to change anything.

Personally I think some people who play this game need to get out more, they’re starting to sound a bit paranoid…

LoL … it happen all the time .. you don’t remember or you don’t know the Potato crisis
do you ?

Anyway , so far i opened around 6 K bags and got nothing special , not even an endless tonic. I will continue to farm them and open them until i have enough halloween pails for my Alts … this is the only good thing to do this year.

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Don't sell your ToT bags

RoseofGilead.8907

What about this guy?

Do you work for Anet?

If not, how do you know what does/doesn’t drop? Just because something hasn’t dropped for you from a bag, it doesn’t mean it won’t drop for others.

Of course I don’t work for anet. But I’ve opened around 1000 bags this Halloween so far, and I’ve not received a single armor or weapon drop, of any rarity, from them. Plus, the wiki for Trick or Treat bags does not list any armor or weapons as possible drops.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Large_Candy_Bag That is the only Halloween-themed bag that can and does drop weapons/armor when opened.

Don't sell your ToT bags

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

nice pump and dump attempt

Summed up perfectly.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Don't sell your ToT bags

aerial.7021

The main way to get the Cat is Candy Corn Cobs form the merchant, not the bags. Its a bonus form the bags. What people are talking about is the Mini Ghost Wolf that is the actual thing most people want from teh bags that they arent’ getting.

Update: at 30k bags opened, No Wolf =(

Oh Yes before I even knew it came from bags I was saving up my cobs and when I did find out? I still saved them anyway, why? well my luck in game mimics my real life complete and total zero!