Don't waste the best idea you've had anet.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

I believe that fractals have the the best most open ended design in guild wars 2. I think they should continue to expand and improve this cool idea while also giving the players, new and old, what they want.

The idea is take past content and group fights from the living story, tweek them for instanced challanges with various recomended group sizes. Old vets like myself get the joy of challanging group content, new players get to experience things they missed like the marionette or past halloween content… everyone wins. You wouldn’t even have to build new dungeons big boss fights that were in the game.

I think fractals are perfect for this because the lore behind the fractals. There are any number of cool reasons that could be used to go back through these large events that affected the world.

Here’s the kicker… throw laurel living story items out the window. We don’t need them. Make pristine fractal relics the currency for this. I like the idea of new players getting a chance at these cool things we have from playing from the beginning. I think that’s a cool pitch to new players; you can still earn past rewards or material drops by taking on challenging group content. Some vets will gripe about this but honestly I wouldn’t care, it’s not like they are just getting laurels for logging in and getting something cool, new players are earning the items basically the same way you did. By fighting it out in the biggest fights we’ve had. If you sincerely have an issue with this than ask yourself, why do feel so strongly against other people having fun and rewarding themselves through playing.

I understand this is a lot of work for anet but I thing the big group content is being neglected and could really make this game shine. There has been so much good content that we could never see again. I hear a lot of people out there on other forums saying not to switch to gw2 for this reason. There are a lot of new players interested in instanced content and I think if this was there with some decent rewards some new money could roll in for you.

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

We don’t need them.

Yes. We do. You might not, but that don’t matter.

Add more instances ? Great
Add more and bigger goup events ? Great

Your proposed changes ? Not so great. In fact, i think it’s horrendous.

That’s my view.

A OK.8276

We don’t need them.

Yes. We do. You might not, but that don’t matter.

Add more instances ? Great
Add more and bigger goup events ? Great

Your proposed changes ? Not so great. In fact, i think it’s horrendous.

That’s my view.

I appreciate your criticism and home you can table something of value one day as a counterpoint.

Posted by: Swanky McDanky.5214

Swanky McDanky.5214

Counterpoint: You may not need them, but not everyone does fractals. How would a WvW player get fused gauntlets if not for laurels? I think that using fractals as a medium to allow replays (flashbacks, if you will) into old events that shaped the world of Tyria is a cool idea, the ancient karka, marionette, etc., But using fractals to replace a currency that’s already established for certain items would cause a not-so-quiet stir if recent events are any indicator.

A OK.8276

Counterpoint: You may not need them, but not everyone does fractals. How would a WvW player get fused gauntlets if not for laurels? I think that using fractals as a medium to allow replays (flashbacks, if you will) into old events that shaped the world of Tyria is a cool idea, the ancient karka, marionette, etc., But using fractals to replace a currency that’s already established for certain items would cause a not-so-quiet stir if recent events are any indicator.

I thought it would be a way to stop the elitest vets from complaining the newbies weren’t around and didn’t earn some load annoying chainsaw skin like they did. I’m perfectly fine with keeping laurels for living season rewards. I’m glad I now have the support from the wvw community! OK let’s keep it going!

Pvp fractal reward track! Earn a number of pristines and a level 40 daily chest at the end of the track.

I’m on a roll!

Posted by: nSan.4251

nSan.4251

I hate Pristine Fractal relics tbh. One fractal relic has a currency while the other takes up item space.

Swanky McDanky.5214

I hate Pristine Fractal relics tbh. One fractal relic has a currency while the other takes up item space.

not as of tomorrow. they are both going to be in the wallet.

I thought it would be a way to stop the elitest vets from complaining the newbies weren’t around and didn’t earn some load annoying chainsaw skin like they did. I’m perfectly fine with keeping laurels for living season rewards. I’m glad I now have the support from the wvw community! OK let’s keep it going!

Pvp fractal reward track! Earn a number of pristines and a level 40 daily chest at the end of the track.

I’m on a roll!

Slow that roll, chief. I think tier 40 chest might be a little too far. Would a pvp track that rewards fractal relics diminish the value of the content that they come from? Yes.
I do think there is a line in exclusivity. Fractal Relics should stay where they are, preventing the devaluation of things like Fractal Skins. They’re rare and shiny cause they belong to the Fractal Community. The Hero skins, belong to us saviors of the realm.
If you’re after a certain something, I think half the fun is the journey. Watching a guy who has done nothing but WvW for 2 years and is now a complete boss at it cry about harpies shooting him off a cliff is OP. I love it.

(edited by Swanky McDanky.5214)

A OK.8276

not as of tomorrow. they are both going to be in the wallet.

I’m on a roll!

Slow that roll, chief. I think tier 40 chest might be a little too far. Would a pvp track that rewards fractal relics diminish the value of the content that they come from? Yes.
I do think there is a line in exclusivity. Fractal Relics should stay where they are, preventing the devaluation of things like Fractal Skins. They’re rare and shiny cause they belong to the Fractal Community. The Hero skins, belong to us saviors of the realm.
If you’re after a certain something, I think half the fun is the journey. Watching a guy who has done nothing but WvW for 2 years and is now a complete boss at it cry about harpies shooting him off a cliff is OP. I love it.

You’ve been right all along swanky!!! Keep pve rewards exclusive to amazing pve feats. Earn living season rewards just from high end pve content like fractals! Rescrap the laurels!

HAHAHA I kid I kid.

Bu you can see how rewarding old content for new players by challenging them the same way we were challenged is good for everyone. All of guildwars should be fun and rewarding for everyone regardless of /age. Let’s leave that archaic thinking to the dinosaur MMO’S of the past.

Swanky McDanky.5214

I like the sentiment of sharing all the cool content, the epic battles and triumphs. But I think giving things like rare skins too much reentry into the game will make the people who got their molten jetpack or their fancy mech-wings feel slighted by seeing their accomplishment on the backs of tom, kitten, and harry.

in summation, share the content, not the exclusive prizes

EDIT: That’s not to say that the replayed content couldn’t offer new fancy rewards

(edited by Swanky McDanky.5214)

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

The problem with fractals is that they are too hard/long for pugs and too easy for hardcore players… and that the rewards are fairly lacklustre. They should buff rewards and have an easy/hard mode.

A OK.8276

The idea is that they earned this item as well. Selling the items on the gem store will definitely annoy people but what if they have to do challengeing content? They may be upset that veterans could just Zerg farm the old rewards where they actually had to team up with friend and work for it.

Stop worrying about what everyone else has and just enjoy getting something else for yourself.

Hopefully HoT brings in some new blood and let’s not waste all the cool things we have to offer on just memories for vets. Imagine how nice it would be to o through the wardrobe and say, “whoa, that’s cool I’m going to go out and get that!” Rather than learning that you can’t have half the unique stuff because it was around 3 years ago. Where’s the fun in that?

The more pve content the better and we already have a highlight reel for 3 years.