Don't you want my money ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Active.1538

Active.1538

Alright, First World Problems incomming.

I like Guildwars 2, I like it a lot actually. No it’s not perfect, there could be more endgame content, yes. Nonetheless I’m having a blast with it ever since beta.

The only problem I currently have is that I’m sitting on a pretty nice heap of money, and no way to spend it! I really would like to be able to buy stuff from the store. No, I’m not talking about armor and weapons, I loathe pay2win games..
I’m am however talking about armor skins, weapon skins, pets, things that make me look epic.

I’m in a pretty lucky position to be able to throw money at my screen, but it just keeps bouncing back right at me. I also play a few other games like PoE and LoL, and I’m happy to be supporting these companies for the entertainment they give me. It makes me feel good to do something back, and I have a lot to give back, and I don’t think I’m the only one..

Arenanet, let me thank you, please. At least financially.

Active – Guardian – Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

Im in the same boat
Money spent on GW in 6months: Box price
Money spent on other games in 6 months: Lots

I assumed there would be cool stuff to buy, like armour skins, but all stuff I have seen is horrible. Some of the Halloween was nice for novelty value, but nothing I really would spend on.

Give me a selection of Medieval Shields, nothing fancy, no skulls, no frills, no fairy lights and I will give you money.
Give me Quagan backpacks? I am not a 12 year old girl.

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

they don’t want your money…

Posted by: schizandra.4587

schizandra.4587

GW1 armor skins, pleeeeeease. Call it a retro fashion store.

Active.1538

Would love to have some GW1 looks, yes!

The store is just so empty right now… Take PoE as an example (no flaming please, but I have to make a comparison somehow) they realese new items every week in their store. All cosmetics, nothing p2w, and I buy a lot… I mean, really, A LOT.

These guys run a company of 13 or so people with a game in beta, they pull it of, why can’t you arenanet?

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Active, this will probably sound a little silly, but you could always just buy the gems if you want to show your support, and just save them until there is something you really want in there.

Also, you seem like the type of chap that might get a kick out of dropping a Box o’ Fun by the Mystic Forge and watching what happens.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

agree,

“earth culturals” will be a good start
you can add for leather armor: the ninja armor and the musketeer armor

for light armor add Dumbledore/Gandalf/Merlin suits

for heavy armor add the Samuray battle suit and the “knight of the round table” battle suit..

also the weapons… (thief in ninja suit wakizashi and sai will be awesome… warrior as Samurai with Katana 100B…)

Active.1538

Active, this will probably sound a little silly, but you could always just buy the gems if you want to show your support, and just save them until there is something you really want in there.

Also, you seem like the type of chap that might get a kick out of dropping a Box o’ Fun by the Mystic Forge and watching what happens.

Not silly at all. It’s just that I have never seen anything really worth buying in the shop. Like someone above said, I don’t want a backpack, I want a great looking Axe of Eternal Doom combined with a Shield of Bloodshedding Epicness.

I’m a sucker for looks, and I like to scroll trough a shop and buy that one epic looking armor, or weapon glow. Get bored of it within 2 weeks, and buy something new.

About the Box o’ Fun, yes, yes I do this.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Bank/bag slots. Minis. That should keep you going for a while. Apart from that not much really. Gem > gold is the most useful conversion possible.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Agrios.1957

Agrios.1957

I’ve said once, and I’ll say it again:

Put promos on bank tabs and character slots and take my money NOW!

My last slot got his lvl80 and I’m already suffering the effects of alt-withdrawl syndrome. Need more 2 or 3 character slots!

Im an alt-a-holic!

Also, Ive enjoyed the idea of new (old) shinies…to say, necromancer 15k tormentor armor would look terrific in GW2.

Note that I am not listing Canthan/Elonian stuff cos I believe they will appear, somewhere in the future, in a paid expansion pack..when these lands will become avaliable to us..

C’mon ANet, take my money!

(edited by Agrios.1957)

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

I am a fairly poor player, I would be more than happy to help you spend your money! wink

I always thought that if they had weapon skins like the legendary weapons in the store, people would not be able to unload their pockets quick enough. I would buy gems if some sweet weapon skin cane to the store.

(edited by Miss Pink Floyd.9730)

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I completely agree. Prior to launch, I perceived this game as a “upgrade for cosmetics” type of game. Not a "grind for stats. And i’ll bet ascended armor will look like kitten

I would not mind throwing 500 gems at an armor set, if they were available in the gem store and they looked decent. But skins only.

Right now, the shop is kind of meh…some OK items, a lot of crap.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: nightly.2761

nightly.2761

lol i would pay 5k gems if they bring vabbian assasin armor to gw2 for med armor classes. it would be awsome!

list of gw1 arts i would like to see
- ranger primeval
- monk fow
- necro fow
- war fow
- cant think of more but would be awsome to see some of the old skins back again!!

Posted by: kangaroo.8753

kangaroo.8753

Please if you don’t know what to do with money send a bit of em to me, i’m crafting my legendary and i need help… I appreciate. Tx

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

First World problems

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: LordSlack.4685

LordSlack.4685

I agree. I’m kindof a silly gamer and I like to buy pink rainbow crap for my characters because I don’t take things too seriously. I’d buy some weird stuff off there in a heartbeat, but the Quaggan backpack alone doesn’t pair well enough with anything to buy it.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Every skin in the game obtainable through gold (that is a LOT of skins,) even legendary weapon skins, are available through the store – it’s the lazy (but lucrative) way to make money. Artists cost money, unfortunately its more important to milk the suckers who have lives and don’t have the time to farm gold than it is to pay artists to make cool, unique skins everyone might want to buy from the store. Once the games newness wears off (soon…) maybe they will start doing some cool stuff.

(edited by azurrei.5691)

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yeah, beyond character slots and bank slots there isn’t really much I want to buy in the gem store…

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

we nee mor beards. i would pay for a wider selection of norn beards instantly

if you are at it toss in some human male faces that are actually old/worn/experienced. i am past my twenties and i do not like playing characters that look like high school drop outs. human males only have one acceptable face that does not look like a half wit.

oh and decent focus skins…

might think about visual effect dye too…. making the focus abnormality glow blue would really suite my guardian

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Not silly at all. It’s just that I have never seen anything really worth buying in the shop. Like someone above said, I don’t want a backpack, I want a great looking Axe of Eternal Doom combined with a Shield of Bloodshedding Epicness.

I’m a sucker for looks, and I like to scroll trough a shop and buy that one epic looking armor, or weapon glow. Get bored of it within 2 weeks, and buy something new.

About the Box o’ Fun, yes, yes I do this.

Well, theoretically, you could consider everything on the Trading Post something in the gem store. Find the ludicrously expensive item skin you want, work out how much it would costs in gems, and convert.

The problem with this of course is that some of the items out there are “worth” tons of cash if you do it this way. Like, a lot.

The thing is, I prefer it that way :-[ I’m all for adding more options, skins, and quirks to the gem shop, but I like that the coolest weapon and armor skins aren’t just purchasable outright for 500 gems. If someone has Volcanus, I like to know they put in the ludicrous amount of effort required to get it, or at least spent a paycheck on it.

Posted by: edjahman.9104

edjahman.9104

I’m a 12 year old girl

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

I’ve said once, and I’ll say it again:

Put promos on bank tabs and character slots and take my money NOW!

Bank/bag slots where just on sale less than a week ago…

As for the main chunk of the topic, I couldn’t agree more. There is so little available in the store it isn’t even funny. And to make matters worse, the town clothes system is going to hurt sales even more. Town clothes are a terrible idea in the first place and until they have a TON of options available for them, nobody is going to use them. When there are far more(and better) options for appearance from normal armors AND you can wear them all the time….why would you use town clothes at all?

Town clothes should be revamped and then the store needs to be flooded with cosmetic options.

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

Adding an “unlockable ability” to dye weapons with dyes you already own would make Anet almost as much $$$ as they made by selling the game in the first place.

They don’t do this, why?

Don’t know about you but $1,000,000+ from sales sounds good to me. Update like this would take no time at all to code.

sigh

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Buy lots of gems. Convert into gold. Theres plenty of stuff (cosmetic/build/functional) you can buy with in game currency.

If your rich, buy gold to buy a precursor and work towards that legendary. Should only take you a month (if that) if you can afford everything purchasable with Rl cash converted into gold.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

My main issue with the cosmetic stuff is that it is one use and character bound. It simply isn’t worth the gem cost. At current prices a cosmetic skin, nomatter how kitten (which the current ones aren’t), isn’t worth it for one use that I might not like long term on one character. If I was simply buying the right to use that skin as much as I want on all my characters, then it becomes a worthwhile investment. If I could just blow some gems because I felt like it, knowing I’d always be able to use the armour, and it wasn’t going to just sit taking up bank slot space, then I’d be much more likely to splurge.

This is actually a much bigger problem for dyes. I used to never buys dyes off the TP, but always open unidentified ones because it was exciting, even at a cash loss. Collecting was fun. Then, after a while, when you realise your collection is spread over several characters rather than filling up one page, and that you’ll need duplicates to colour each character properly (let alone have them all have options available), it stops being fun to collect and you have to focus on buying specific dyes for specific characters. Rather than spend gems on some dyes because it’s exciting, and I know I’ll at least add to the big colour spectrum in the hero screen, it just isn’t appealing to make the gamble.

I understand that ANet need to make money. But I can’t believe that they’ll make more money from a few people buying multiple Primeval Armour skins than THOUSANDS of people buying one each.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Im in the same boat
Money spent on GW in 6months: Box price
Money spent on other games in 6 months: Lots

I assumed there would be cool stuff to buy, like armour skins, but all stuff I have seen is horrible. Some of the Halloween was nice for novelty value, but nothing I really would spend on.

Give me a selection of Medieval Shields, nothing fancy, no skulls, no frills, no fairy lights and I will give you money.
Give me Quagan backpacks? I am not a 12 year old girl.

Well you do want Fairy lights so… hehe just playing with you.

Any way they are working on these things but more then like armor is going to be something you need to quest for not buy though the gem store. That the good thing about Anet they are putting out skins that you can get to drop in game with out spending 1$ etc.. on the game. I have only spent the 60$ for the game and that it. Every thing else i gotten with converting gold in to gems (i wish i did this a lot in the early days) and i am still getting the spaces that i need and having left over gems for these sells.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

I am a digital hoarder, and altaholic. Wheew, that felt good. The first step is always admitting you have a problem. I could either seek help for these two conditions (which I blame on whatever is convenient at the moment) or you could sell me some more bank slots. Please? I made a 1 person guild just for the extra bank slots, but I cannot put account bound or soul bound items in it. And mule characters are just awkward.

Posted by: KOLZ.4501

KOLZ.4501

Every skin in the game obtainable through gold (that is a LOT of skins,) even legendary weapon skins, are available through the store – it’s the lazy (but lucrative) way to make money. Artists cost money, unfortunately its more important to milk the suckers who have lives and don’t have the time to farm gold than it is to pay artists to make cool, unique skins everyone might want to buy from the store. Once the games newness wears off (soon…) maybe they will start doing some cool stuff.

They really can’t be too busy with their so called lives if they are playing games now can they?

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I would be cool with GW1 style armor skins as well, but the price for them in GW2 is crazy.
In GW1 it was $10 for 2, UNLIMITED skin application for ALL characters. in GW2 it’s $8 for 1 skin, one use.
The cost discrepancy is WAY off..
If the prices are going to stay this crazy, fine make all the skins stupid like the wintersday one. but holy poop the prices are high.

Posted by: Agrios.1957

Agrios.1957

I would be cool with GW1 style armor skins as well, but the price for them in GW2 is crazy.
In GW1 it was $10 for 2, UNLIMITED skin application for ALL characters. in GW2 it’s $8 for 1 skin, one use.
The cost discrepancy is WAY off..
If the prices are going to stay this crazy, fine make all the skins stupid like the wintersday one. but holy poop the prices are high.

^
This guy really does have a point.