Donations - Permanent or Temporary?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

Q:

Is the current donation feature for using the mystic forge to recycle unneeded equipment to turn in for tools and kits a permanent or temporary feature? Keep in mind that any changes to Lionguard Lyns, her list of rewards, and the process in general is relevant to this question.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Hi there. They will infract you for the post above, you know the short one, hurrty up and remove it Also I hope you are not planning on using the donation thingy. It is a gold sink and everything can be bought cheaper elsewhere.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

It’s a legitimate question that has been neglected and people here and in-game are dying to know.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Wish it’d be a permanent one. Or a heads up at least.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Due to the fact that the NPCs involved with this system are marked with the gold “special event” star it leads me to believe they’re temporary.

Lore-wise the donations are being collected to rebuild lion’s arch, and this is a task that will eventually be completed, probably being finished off with the rebuilding of the lion statue in the plaza.

The rewards aren’t all that useful for junk loot, but are a very attractive sink when levelling crafting, so my advice would be to level crafting disciplines on your alts now and donate your crafing trash, using that to grab the most cost effective long term items, the sturdy harvesting tools, then bank them. It also may be attractive to get the low end lionguard weapons for the skins, or if you want a little leveling upgrade for your alts.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ