Done with this game uninstalling it.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PVTMetal Head.6310

PVTMetal Head.6310

I bought Guild Wars 2 the day it came out. I loved it, bought the expansion for me and three friends the day it was released. Now I am uninstalling it. I figured it was time to craft a legendary so I went for Kudzu. I got the first and second collections done and ended up spending about 300g. Not to bad was going well had some fun. Then I got to the third collection, I gathered carrots for 6 hours. This is just the first part of the collection, and I still didn’t get what I needed. So I decided to cut my loses and try the mystic forge because there was no way I was gonna grind plants all day for god knows how long. I dropped over 700g into the forge and got nothing, now I have 20g. So I went from 1kg to 20g with nothing to show for it. I liked this game because unlike other MMO’s I didn’t have to grind dungeons for better gear. But it got replaces with grinding gathering nodes and horrible RNG. I’m very disappointed I understand legendaries should be hard to come by, but there has to be a better way then making it super grindy boring as hell and killing the fun of the game.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

So, about your stuff. I can have it, right?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

15,580 hours, still no precursor. Don’t gamble.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I literally murdered thousands of trees and other gathering nodes across multiple alts to make Chuka and managed to finish the whole thing with little to no gold from start to finish. Just did everything as it came. ;/ I sure didn’t gamble with the forge ever though. I refuse to ever rely on luck because I’m used to never having any.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

After you uninstall, go to Las Vegas, gamble away all your money then file a complaint about it over there. They’ll be very sympathetic.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

The problem is you aren’t building the legendary the way Anet wants you to.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The funny bit it, the same thing happened to my wife with carrots or something like it and it turned out, she already had what she needed on another character, but didn’t realize she’d gotten it…once you get it you don’t get it again.

If you put as much time in it as you have it’s either a bug, or you already have it.

But I’m not sure why anyone should care if you uninstall or not. While I can understand you’re frustrated, you’re just one tiny player in a sea of players. People leave games all the time, even popular games.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Sooooo you gambled… knowing it’s pure RNG and the many stories people have posted left and right of success and failure.. all because you was impatient… and you lost… and it’s Anet’s fault?

Riiiiiiiiight.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Leaf of Kudzu can be bought for under 980g. You have spent 1000g. You should reconsider your spending habits.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Yeah, GW2 is absolutely in love with RNG. It’s everywhere.

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Yep Anet loves their RNG, and it is so much more frustrating getting high end equipment in this than in other MMO games I play xD

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

I totally feel for you. Some of the mechanics in this game simply boggle my mind with why they were put in, and what their goal was with them.

I fully understand your desire to quit over this, and honestly, it must feel crushing right now, to lose all that.

Sadly, I don’t see the situation improving in those features, so, taking some time off and then seeing if you want to come back, might be for the best.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I have some respect for OP because he hasn’t come back and started a silly pointless argument at this point. There’s still time but it is something of note if he does not come back and engage in an argument for a game that he has quit. Of course starting a thread in the first place is deplorable but that’s a given.

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

I would ask for your gold OP, but… you know, you don’t have all that much left.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Just remember op, the common denominator to all your problems is you.

Good luck to you in the future.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Play game, save gold, buy pre from TP. That’s what I did.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Then I got to the third collection, I gathered carrots for 6 hours.

I loled. So hard. You thought that was bad? GOOD LUCK WITH THE CHILI PEPPERS LOLOLLOLOLOLOL /wrists

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The problem is you aren’t building the legendary the way Anet wants you to.

ANet offers two choices for Kudzu (and other generation 1 legendaries), with comparable total costs

• The original method: obtain the precursor via purchase or luck. Works best for people in a rush.
  • The collection method: guaranteed precursor. Works best for people who don’t mind taking their time and/or savoring the process,

The OP wanted their precursor quick, but without wanting to pay for quick and then changed their mind halfway through.

I feel bad for them, even though they were predictably going to be disappointed with the results.

Regardless of whether the legendary creation process is good or bad, it’s well documented and well known to involve expense and tedium. I don’t think it’s fair for the OP to blame ANet for the OP’s failure to be prepared.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I crafted Twilight just 3 weeks ago.

When HoT came with pre crafting it was my first mastery point spent and i was stuck at tier one forever, because i am not a fractial guy. I have 1.5k g and i can try my luck with mystic forge but i am also not a gambling guy so i took the safe route pulling dusk from TP. 2 days later they announced they will stop making new legendaries. Dusk price increased since then.

It was a right call to pull it off from TP, because i have read a lot more failure attempt than success. I learnt that i should never place bet on RNG ever.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

I got dusk from the toilet and build my twilight. After the sixth flush. But I will never play this lottery again.

Gamble is a bad thing. Nowadays it is easier to earn gold and buy from the tp. I made 1k gold in the last two weeks – that is: DUSK

Its all about blood pressure

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

I bought Guild Wars 2 the day it came out. I loved it, bought the expansion for me and three friends the day it was released. Now I am uninstalling it. I figured it was time to craft a legendary so I went for Kudzu. I got the first and second collections done and ended up spending about 300g. Not to bad was going well had some fun. Then I got to the third collection, I gathered carrots for 6 hours. This is just the first part of the collection, and I still didn’t get what I needed. So I decided to cut my loses and try the mystic forge because there was no way I was gonna grind plants all day for god knows how long. I dropped over 700g into the forge and got nothing, now I have 20g. So I went from 1kg to 20g with nothing to show for it. I liked this game because unlike other MMO’s I didn’t have to grind dungeons for better gear. But it got replaces with grinding gathering nodes and horrible RNG. I’m very disappointed I understand legendaries should be hard to come by, but there has to be a better way then making it super grindy boring as hell and killing the fun of the game.

Listen, I felt the same way when I first gave the Mystic Forge a shot (and the last). I lost over 800gold, the RNG is complete garbage, but the thing is that there are other ways to get every single item, especially without relying on the mystic forge. NEVER in your life use the mystic forge, its complete trash, just farm, get money, and buy the materials.