Dont Nerf Mobility

Dont Nerf Mobility

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

This game is slow as crippled fat tree already.
Dont slow mobility down because of your kitten pvp. guess what? its gonna be bad there too.
How making we slow gonna make the game good? :x

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Actually if you’re crippled, you can now use leap skills or warrior greatsword 3 to get out of the way quicker. It’s a buff to mobility during fight. A nerf to mobility when you’re running yes a buff during fight.

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Cripple/Chilled GS Rush actually getting to target please.

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Seems like a buff to mobility most ppl never use super speed kind of a 1 to 2 class trick.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Keino.3091

Keino.3091

How am I supposed to slick shoes > rocket boots across gaps on my engie now???

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

This is an absolutely rubbish change.

Movement-impairing conditions were good counterplay to extremely mobile classes, and using swiftness + super speed for extra mobility has NEVER been a problem.

The change is overall bad from all angles.

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Dont slow mobility down because of your kitten pvp. guess what? its gonna be bad there too.

Unfortunately, due to Anet’s communication policy and lack of transparency, we are at the point where nothing we, as players, can say will stop them from implementing these changes.

We get the changes they choose to give us, and have no say in it at all.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Dont Nerf Mobility

Jski.6180

This is an absolutely rubbish change.

Movement-impairing conditions were good counterplay to extremely mobile classes, and using swiftness + super speed for extra mobility has NEVER been a problem.

The change is overall bad from all angles.

That one class on a some what long cd could use effectively. Its only bad from one angle a very very niche one at that.

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Actually if you’re crippled, you can now use leap skills or warrior greatsword 3 to get out of the way quicker. It’s a buff to mobility during fight. A nerf to mobility when you’re running yes a buff during fight.

But you’d move slower when swiftness is on you. Most classes can upkeep permanent swiftness.

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Warkind.6745

Warkind.6745

Simplify everything!!!

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

I do not like these changes to mobility. I would type out why I don’t like these changes, but:
1) The changes are apparently finished
2) Our feedback is never taken into consideration anyways.

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

… what changes?

Dont Nerf Mobility

Jski.6180

Simplify everything!!!

That is the K.I.S.S rule so yes that IS the best way to do things. Now you can add in ways to make your leaps longer or faster though builds and or gear with out making them to crazy due to super speed and 100% up time swiftness.

Not sure if ppl want balance or tricks that they can only do.

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

I fail to see how this is a problem? During combat leaps will act normally. Out of combat you lose a small fraction of the distance, so what? It normalizes things and puts less emphasis on the few classes that have combo’s that made those work.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

This hurts the necro even more. Hai let’s give an elite spec that is hevaily based in chill which is the only thing a necro can remotely do to keep up with something, then let’s make chill less effective.

Okay then.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Dont Nerf Mobility

heartless.6803

This hurts the necro even more. Hai let’s give an elite spec that is hevaily based in chill which is the only thing a necro can remotely do to keep up with something, then let’s make chill less effective.

Okay then.

Reaper is extremely situational, and to the point where I’d prefer Necro over it in pvp anyhow. WvW reaper all the way, but spvp it’s just not good enough.

Until Chill effects Thieves the same as it affects everyone else, it’ll be purely useless in spvp. As Thief is the one that will kill you and they’re on EVERY SINGLE TEAM.

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

I’m so glad I’ll be able to heartseeker spam someone to death easier now. Such a relief.

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Simplify everything!!!

That is the K.I.S.S rule so yes that IS the best way to do things. Now you can add in ways to make your leaps longer or faster though builds and or gear with out making them to crazy due to super speed and 100% up time swiftness.

Not sure if ppl want balance or tricks that they can only do.

Aye, keep it simple! Lets get rid of various conditions all together. Lets just combine them into one, chilvulpoisbureededized. And you know what? why do we need 3 utilities a heal, an elite and 5! yeah 5! weapon skills. Can we just get 1 skill, like a swing, just swing it and different professions do different things. Wait… simplicity… yeah slash that, no professions, everyone is just a human with the ability to swing an object, lets just have sticks. Mhm

So that’s it, everyone will run at each other with sticks swinging that will chilvulpoisbureededized each other.

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Unfortunately, due to Anet’s communication policy and lack of transparency, we are at the point where nothing we, as players, can say will stop them from implementing these changes.

We get the changes they choose to give us, and have no say in it at all.

Three years an still going.

Attachments:

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

This change would be awful. Please don’t go through with it ArenaNET.

The movement is one of the best part of this game. That’s not me just going nuts, the movement is so fluid in this game. Cripple and/or swiftness affecting your movement skills is part of that.

I can’t even imagine swiftness not affecting my movement skills. It would really negatively affect one of my favorite thing about this game.

Dont Nerf Mobility

Jerus.4350

I fail to see how this is a problem? During combat leaps will act normally. Out of combat you lose a small fraction of the distance, so what? It normalizes things and puts less emphasis on the few classes that have combo’s that made those work.

You’ll no longer be able to slow down the Brave Sir Robins who bravely run away with soft CC. Not that you could really counter the Usain Bolt warriors very effectively but it at least did something so maybe if you had a Justin Gatlin with you. Now, you just watch them dash away.

Not just that though, you’re also not gaining equivalent speed when you do have swiftness. The opposite is true. If I’m conditionless and swiftness is going, why shouldn’t my leap actually help me run away or to a fight? Seems pretty silly to me.

It gets rid of counter play and synergy within the game… can’t see how it’s positive.

Dont Nerf Mobility

heartless.6803

You’ll no longer be able to slow down the Brave Sir Robins who bravely run away with soft CC. Not that you could really counter the Usain Bolt warriors very effectively but it at least did something so maybe if you had a Justin Gatlin with you. Now, you just watch them dash away.

Not just that though, you’re also not gaining equivalent speed when you do have swiftness. The opposite is true. If I’m conditionless and swiftness is going, why shouldn’t my leap actually help me run away or to a fight? Seems pretty silly to me.

It gets rid of counter play and synergy within the game… can’t see how it’s positive.

You only mentioned one weapon set of one profession, greatsword warriors, who have literally the most predictable and avoidable damage in the entire game. So they have mobility with it? Great, maybe you won’t see hambow and swobow (?) instead. I’m okay with classes having mobility besides freaking thieves. I’m all for whatever causes thieves to go out of style and nerfed in spvp.

Chill is frankly a useless condition until it effects thieves. Who is largely immune to it because of their resource system, free to spam to death anyone. So I can now actually be able to run away from them…..GREAT!!!

Dont Nerf Mobility

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Why Anet always must fixing things what arent broken instead focusing on important stuff. Like after 3 years we still havent build manager.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Dont Nerf Mobility

Jerus.4350

That’s the thing, it’s strengthening Thieves, no longer will you be able to slow them down when they start jumping on you trying to steal your heart.