Dont let whiners win!

Dont let whiners win!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Benty.7140

Benty.7140

Just started the game, have a level 22 engineer. With the exception of a few things (mob spawn rates/density of mobs in some areas) its entertaining but could be better. So far I like what I’ve seen of the new super adventure box. Its something unique that doesn’t reward much but does ad a fun event in that people seem to enjoy. Except, there’s whiners popping up seeking to make things un fun and un changing and they don’t like the adventure box. They want slightly different looking gear but for no effort because that would be a grind and thats what the teams should’ve worked on.

There were whiners in WoW when they created the Scourge event a few years back, even attempt to infect a capital city and players would /spit at you just because they had srs biz at the AH and couldnt be bothered to play an event. And the forums were filled with complains of those who just wanted it to be any normal day. And that event never came again.
Whiners want the game to stay stagnant forever. Spontaneity is an evil word to them. Mounts? Evil word, it would change something. Level increase? Evil word, have to change again. Modify the landscape? No good, they like seeing the same thing every day.And at the end of the day you’re left with jumping puzzles and WvWvW…. And never anything changing.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

I see what you did there.
This is the daily mount thread, isn’t it?

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

So you think not being stagnant means including what every other MMO has in them already? Interesting, tell me more.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Because you have just started the game, this game ain’t so “Stagnant” as you might believe. Landscape changes in the seasonal events (Mad King’s and Wintersday themed Lion’s Arch, Mists, WvW, etc). Level cap increase won’t create a more dynamic environment nor the Mounts be good for this particular game. This game has it’s unique dynamic process and adding that old “grind-based” MMO processes won’t make it better. It will make it different from it’s purpose and goals (at least what was announced when the game was in design).

With this said:
- Not all previous game features are good in GW2, whatever the benefits they brought to those games:
i.g.: Mounts, Level cap, Grind base armor upgrade, panda’s, …
- Not all previous game features are bad, and they can be adjusted to fit Gw2 game and lore:
i.g.: LFG cross-server ingame tool, …

PS: I want a shatterer Mini-Pet

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

“Mounts” and “Increased LvL Cap” are indeed evil words.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I love how the Op went from people not liking SAB to- ta-da mounts!
OP may I suggest you play the game a bit more and keep an open mind?

Gunnar’s Hold

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Teehee using wow as an example why this game needs mounts to not like wow.

OP fails.

A.net, please don’t listen to whiners and add meaningful content instead. Mounts are not part of the equation. We don’t want stagnant content which mounts tend to imply.

Change for the better is good. Change for the worse is mounts and level increase.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: MiloSales.8560

MiloSales.8560

What? He was talking about how WoW introduced this awesome Dynamic Event and everyone got uptight because it interrupted their daily routine. It was a really cool event.

He’s comparing the SAB to the event in WoW, and how Blizzard DID try doing cool stuff like Anet, but the playerbase whined it into mediocrity like some are doing with the SAB in his opinion. He’s saying they are trying to WoWify the game far more than Mounts ever would (seriously people act like they’re the ultimate evil ever). He also never mentioned them unless a post was deleted or something.

For real people, we all hate wow, we know, it’s evil and blah blah blah but read, comprehend, post. This was about supporting the SAB and come-and-go-content.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Whiners already won. GW2 has a gear treadmill and a grind.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

OP: “I hate whiners.”

Proceeds to whine about mounts.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Did you guys really read the OP’s post before posting yourselves? Just because he mentioned wow doesn’t mean he’s trying to “WoWify” gw2, or whatever the heck that should mean.

There is a very vocal minority that resent any change but those they wish to see. Add something fun and tom kitten and harry will whine about something else claiming the dev team are wasting there time (because they aren’t doing what he want them to do.)

News flash: its not your game. It belongs to Arena Net. So lets see where they take it.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Did you guys really read the OP’s post before posting yourselves? Just because he mentioned wow doesn’t mean he’s trying to “WoWify” gw2, or whatever the heck that should mean.

There is a very vocal minority that resent any change but those they wish to see. Add something fun and tom kitten and harry will whine about something else claiming the dev team are wasting there time (because they aren’t doing what he want them to do.)

News flash: its not your game. It belongs to Arena Net. So lets see where they take it.

I did read it as an attempt to wowify GW2 by “opening our minds” to mounts, added levels and other nonsense. Apparently opposing that is not good in his mind because the players shouldn’t oppose change for the worst, happily embrace mechanics they ran away from in WoW because a minority demands a free WoW clone.

OP seems to equate opposition to bad change with opposition to change in general which is a strawman.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Just started the game…

Right. You just got here, sport. You don’t develop a thousand yard stare over night. Why not wait a few months before spouting off about complaints people have, so you at least have some amount of perspective, upon which to form an opinion? I’m guessing your comments about mounts, level increases and terrain, will have turned into “whines” (your word, not mine) by summer, if you’re still around They’re pretty close to it now.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Jazzabelle.6531

Jazzabelle.6531

LMAO Benty I love your sense of humour pity a LOT MORE of the people who read the thread couldn’t see it.

Yes you are very right the whiners do their thing and after a bit the game developers just say k that’s it, I’m done, they never appreciate it. I personally am loving the addition of the Adventure Box its such a fun thing to do.

I totally love that the dev’s take the time to almost every month put in something new to keep us entertained. I don’t always really enjoy the new content but they can’t please everyone just so long as they please some of us its all good.

As a long time gaming person I don’t understand the crying about OMG they might increase the cap because not so long back NO game was released at full cap. Lvls were always released over time so Im all good with new lvls being added. New lvls means new content etc and new goals to make and achieve

(edited by Jazzabelle.6531)

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Grok.9725

Grok.9725

The entire O.P. relies on the premise that anyone who doesn’t agree with your view of the game is a whiner.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

I think I am the only person on this entire game (or should I say forum?) who does not want mounts.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

I did read it as an attempt to wowify GW2 by “opening our minds” to mounts, added levels and other nonsense. Apparently opposing that is not good in his mind because …

Honestly, why should you care if others want to ride around on a pony? Personally, I’ll continue to use the waypoints because they’re faster. I’m not going to bash others for wanting mounts, or capes, or player housing, or whatever they want.

In the end its Arena Net’s game. They will decide was is good or bad for their game, for their artistic vision of what an MMO should be.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

You know what is stagnant sir? Making the same kitten mmo for over 10 years. That is stagnant. GW2 tries to do something different and by that, is far from stagnant. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Win what exactly?

These forums are for people to express their opinions/concerns/ideas.

No one is whining. We’re talking.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

Creating barriers to new content behind gear progression just doesn’t make sense logically.

Mounts, meh, I could care less.

Grind? Well, ya, about that. This game seems grindy to a lot of people because there is a ton of stuff locked behind “do this instance X number of times to receive Y”. That kind of implies a grind with no way to get around it. I understand that if you don’t want to do it, that is up to you, but the fact that it is there kind of implies grind which the ever hated and debated Manifesto appears to disagree with.

This game was made with a very general and casual audience. Nothing is done to one extreme or the other, which is really what makes it a good game. The problem is that while it has little elements in it for everyone to like, it has little elements in it that people don’t like. So, it is going to create lots of negativity and debate.

GW2’s biggest downfall is that in trying to make a game for everyone, they kind of left out making a game for anyone in particular. Jack of all trades – master of none mentality.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

^What he said.
———————————

The op basically lumped everyone who doesnt support his entire viewpoint together as whiners. Well sorry but not only is the entire thing laughable but its extremely insulting to boot.

I personaly advocate change in any title that has an intended long term lifetime, like an MMO. Guild Wars evolved and changed over time, and vastly improved the core gameplay with each iteration so that everyone had things to do they liked.

However, they did not make content changes that were outside the design brief and philosophy. What that means is that the level cap was the level cap and the world was explored on foot. These are core design decisions taken in the first instances of the games inital outlay. These are NOT going to change without extreme changes to the worldscape.

First of all traditional “mounts” are out of the question in GW2. The ground speed on foot is such that you can easily cross the server zone in minutes, and each server is gated and abuts another so there is no “traveling” area between them. This is why Gem Store items like the broomstick have zero speed increases attached to them. You can look cool on your “mount” (if thats your kinda thing), and the game world is not affected by it. So no there will be no speed mounts of other MMO games, only visual style changes that still keep you at foot speed. There is zero need for speed mounts and it would be a detriment to the game to have them such is its actual size.

Secondly about a level cap increase; While its not been ruled out as possible, it wont be happening any time soon at all. Infact the only time that any such change could realistically be expected it with an expansion or standalone pairing title. Simply because it involves the creating and testing of skills for 80+ combined with monster generation, new server territory, additonal gear creation, etc etc. You can not just slap a few extra levels of stats on and call it a day. And even then is not gauranteed to happen, since its probably not financially viable at this time to do so with a stand alone paired title (ala factions) which is the much more likely route NcSoft and Anet will take in future GW2 releases. The original game never had a level increase in 4 iterations, and still made a butload in sales. As such its unlikely it will happen with GW2 until late in its life time.

Basically the ops barely played GW2 and already wants to change it in to another WoW clone, just so he can play the exact same game without a fee. Sorry but thats not going to happen. Anet have a particular style of game they create that attempts to be different from the crowd. A WoW clone is exactly what they are tyring to avoid at all costs.

I have nothing against change and evolution in a game title, infact I welcome it (SAB ftw / WvW update; thumbs up) but the ops post is frankly ludicrous.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I love chaos and dynamics, the things that make guild wars what it is. This game holds a special place in my heart since it is an ever changing world, the thing mmo-gamers really strive for.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

I lolled.

Elyl Jrend

Dont let whiners win!

ophidic.1279

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I love chaos and dynamics, the things that make guild wars what it is. This game holds a special place in my heart since it is an ever changing world, the thing mmo-gamers really strive for.

You are aware that gw1 never changed right? More like never changing.

Elyl Jrend

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

…..

GW2’s biggest downfall is that in trying to make a game for everyone, they kind of left out making a game for anyone in particular. Jack of all trades – master of none mentality.

Indeed.

The OP using the Super Adventure Box event to complain about people who complained about the WoW scourge event is funny. At least GW2 gives you the option of participating instead of spawning intrusive monsters that annoyed people who wanted nothing to do with it.

Whispers with meat.

Dont let whiners win!

ophidic.1279

LMAO Benty I love your sense of humour pity a LOT MORE of the people who read the thread couldn’t see it.

Yes you are very right the whiners do their thing and after a bit the game developers just say k that’s it, I’m done, they never appreciate it. I personally am loving the addition of the Adventure Box its such a fun thing to do.

I totally love that the dev’s take the time to almost every month put in something new to keep us entertained. I don’t always really enjoy the new content but they can’t please everyone just so long as they please some of us its all good.

As a long time gaming person I don’t understand the crying about OMG they might increase the cap because not so long back NO game was released at full cap. Lvls were always released over time so Im all good with new lvls being added. New lvls means new content etc and new goals to make and achieve

Raising level cap doesn’t mean new content, new content means new content.

They just have to design the content for low mid or high/endgame. 20 levels worked just fine in gw1.

Elyl Jrend

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: Jazzabelle.6531

Jazzabelle.6531

Raising level cap doesn’t mean new content, new content means new content.

They just have to design the content for low mid or high/endgame. 20 levels worked just fine in gw1.

You do realise you are playing GW2 dont you? My personal opinion of GW1 was that it was kitten by the 20 lvl cap and it kept my interest for about 5 minutes

To each their own I say. If the cap is raised of course you get new content with it

Dont let whiners win!

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

We don’t need a bigger level cap. There are already too many gaps in the personal story that require you to grind in between segments. We need another personal story. In GW1 you could go the Eye of the North and play through the story with the Don’t Stop Believing buff, if you were too impatient to level to 20 in your native land via questing.

User was infracted for being awesome.