I don't like charr armor skin options

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Sad how they gave us a different body type so it doesnt really fit most armors out there.

Arah set? No cape for you

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Charr seem to be generally stuck with cultural armors, heritage armors, and a few other sets if they want armors that fit their body type. I wouldn’t call it a reason to not play a Charr, as there are a lot of good things about Arenanet’s original race, but it is a limiting factor in character customization.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

your kidding right? you have to be.

These are great:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr_cultural_armor

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Charr have some Awesome cultural armors.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Brick Mantooth.9520

Brick Mantooth.9520

your kidding right? you have to be.

These are great:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr_cultural_armor

? Most of those are pretty terrible and sadly they’re about the best ones out there for the Charr.

I guess, don’t make a medium/light armor wearing Charr, should be the title. The armors are horrible for them.

Posted by: SmudgerUK.4715

SmudgerUK.4715

I wouldn’t make a Charr anyway. They set fire to my house in Guild Wars.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

My Opinion: The Thread

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Willa Doggedclaw has T3 Pauldrons, T1 boots, and T2 everything else. Looks really nice for her, and fits her character concept (she wears heavy armor, though.) :/

That said, compared to humanoids, both Asura and Charr (especially the latter) have a very short list of armor skins that look very good on them (subjective, I know.) I hate how they didn’t think about the tail for the majority of the skins, and some helms don’t even fit the head. O.o My warrior wears the T2 Helm, but I don’t show it most of the time, and that’s a cultural! To be honest, I think this could be fixed if it was enough a priority for them (whoever is in charge of this); at least, I don’t think anyone will complain about fixing/redoing how most armors work (or don’t) with a Charr’s tail.

And yes, I have no opinion on light/medium Charr cultural-all I remember is that I didn’t really like T3 light armor. The Cultural Heavy armor choices are subjectively more appealing to me than the rest, but who knows, someone else may love all of them.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Aesthetics are completely in the eye of the beholder. While I find less outfits that make me say, “Wow, that’s a really awesome set!” I still like several of them for the charr. That being said, I am happy with my mix’n’match for my charr thief.

TA helm, body.
HotW shoulder.
CoF hands, pants, feet.
(I feel like an AlienCyborgWerewolf)

It’s hard to differentiate the pants and feet on most medium sets for charr. I think this is because many coats hang down, obscuring the legs. Also, charr legs are proportionally shorter compared to humans.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Some people are going to think Charr look good in anything. Others like me can’t play anything seriously other than Humans or Norns. I tried a sylvari, but it was just too earthy for me.

If you don’t like the graphics just play another race I guess is what I’m saying, because I think they look goofy too

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: daver.8324

daver.8324

To me most of the helms don’t look right on a charr except one but I don’t know what it is. Rest of the armor ive seen looks fine.

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

it’s more or less better to mix and match armor sets rather then going with a complete armor set. Though Cultural sets are the best if you’re going for the 6 Set aesthetics.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: daver.8324

daver.8324

it’s more or less better to mix and match armor sets rather then going with a complete armor set. Though Cultural sets are the best if you’re going for the 6 Set aesthetics.

Yeah I tend to mix and match, which is made easier thanks to the dyes. Ive planned on having my asuran engi with the T1 cultural helm skin with the CM set for the rest. Sure its not exactly mix and match but I liked the look of it.

Posted by: LordWyktin.5209

LordWyktin.5209

Medium Armor for Charr? Try the SE suit. It actually looks really good on a Charr. Gunmetal / Heritage coloring for that nice Iron Legion-esque look.

Wyktin of [MATE] on Maguuma
Necro/Engineer/Guard/Ranger/Ele/War

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Chaar look dumb in all armor imo.

When I made a charr I wished she could run around naked clawing people to death. I deleted her shortly after.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I love how the charr look in many of the armors.

Posted by: Bokagha.5639

Bokagha.5639

I would be fine with most armor on charrs IF they added in a hole for the tail in most medium and some light armors. I mean a majority of the medium armor sets just have the tail just clipping through the back and it really needs to be fixed.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

My major complaint about Charr armor is that the skirt / trenchcoat look on a lot of light and medium armors doesn’t always translate well. The half-length ones suffer the worst of it, in my opinion. (This is why mine wears the light pants from AC.)

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Heavy armour look great. Light and medium… Not so much. Medium coats look like kitten compared to the regular body form

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Have to add to my comment above that the Lionguard Heavy armor (I call it that, it’s named several things, but just mean the armor that Lionguard Soldiers wear at LA) looks really nice on Charr-the helmet actually fits this time around.

Another set that is a little goofy but still looks kinda good is the roman-gladiator like Gendarran fields Karma armor.

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Helmet and tail clipping in most armors are what get on my nerves.