Double RNG Fractal Skins

Double RNG Fractal Skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I am really tired of the double RNG for Fractal Skins. I have to have good luck to get a Fractal drop and then on top of it have to have good RNG to get the skin I am after. It’s a terrible and wholly frustrating “reward” system in a game that for the most part doesn’t do this kind of stuff. Can we please put in a way to “purchase” the skins?

Even if the only thing that happens is we get a “Fractal Weapon Box” like the Ascended Boxes but for Fractal Weapon Skins, where we could pick a skin we wanted, I would be fine with that. At least then it would just be one-time RNG. There is nothing more frustrating than getting a repeat skin because with the wardrobe(made AFTER the fractal skin system was implemented) we have access to the weapons on our whole account so having another is absolutely redundant and shows how outdated the system is for this particular reward. Please reconsider how these weapons are given out. Thanks.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: ungascarlo.7459

ungascarlo.7459

3 fractal shields ftw!

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Totally agreed. While I agree that these skins should be unique to Fractals and be somewhat rare to preserve their prestige (for those who care about such things), the high amount of RNG needed to obtain the precise skin you want is really not ideal for keeping players happy long-term. My suggestions would be:

1. You get a Fractal Weapon Box as a one-time reward for completing Fractal Frequenter (500 Fractals completed). This is retroactive.

2. You can now trade Pristine Fractal Relics for a Fractal skin of your choice. You can either trade 250 Pristine Relics for one, or 50 Pristine Relics + another existing skin (in case you were lucky enough to get a skin that you don’t want.)

I’m open to tweaking of the above numbers to suit player feedback on whether this is too hard/too easy.

3. Fractal Weapon Boxes are now a possible rare drop from the end of Fractal Level 50.

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

At the very least, you should get rerolls if you get a skin you already have.

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: Erebus.3897

Erebus.3897

if they were buyable it would be along these lines : 10 Black Lion Claim Tickets + 250 Pristine Fractal Relics for a Fractal Weapon Box

Commander Gladius Deum [ART]
Gate of Madness

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Yo dawg? Tickets? You want moar RNG! No!

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Erebus.3897

I freaking hate with burning passion his game’s RNG…. but knowing ANet…..ya neva kno

Gate of Madness

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

I freaking hate with burning passion his game’s RNG…. but knowing ANet…..ya neva kno

Currently there is a discussion about improving loot drops and rewards in the BLTC section in the forums, from John Smith himself. You guys might want to check it out and add suggestions.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Erebus.3897

Currently there is a discussion about improving loot drops and rewards in the BLTC section in the forums, from John Smith himself. You guys might want to check it out and add suggestions.

will definetively check it out ty m8

Gate of Madness

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I have posted in there quite a few times. The lottery tickets in the ToT bags reminded me of the Fractal Skin RNG. RNG’ing a lottery ticket out of a bag to RNG a chance to win a skin is very similar.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: Reiko.8249

Reiko.8249

How about one of the most characteristically ANet moments, when they released mention (and that_shaman data-mined codes of) the possibility of ‘fractal weapon boxes’ dropping. This was when the fractal leaderboard was reset, mind you. So where are those desired, choose-what-you-want weapon boxes that would ease this issue? Well, just like precursor crafting… WHO KITTEN KNOWS.

There was a mention by someone somewhere (or maybe it was just another joke from a player I took as a legitimate response) that the boxes were only going to drop from 51+.

“But Reiko, there isn’t a 51 or higher fractal level, and they haven’t given any impression it’ll be added in the even slightly visible horizon of a future!”

Yeah. Yeah, I know. My double fractal torch and sword drops would really like to have a word about that too. Been a year of fractals, still no staff.

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

How about one of the most characteristically ANet moments, when they released mention (and that_shaman data-mined codes of) the possibility of ‘fractal weapon boxes’ dropping. This was when the fractal leaderboard was reset, mind you. So where are those desired, choose-what-you-want weapon boxes that would ease this issue? Well, just like precursor crafting… WHO KITTEN KNOWS.

There was a mention by someone somewhere (or maybe it was just another joke from a player I took as a legitimate response) that the boxes were only going to drop from 51+.

“But Reiko, there isn’t a 51 or higher fractal level, and they haven’t given any impression it’ll be added in the even slightly visible horizon of a future!”

Yeah. Yeah, I know. My double fractal torch and sword drops would really like to have a word about that too. Been a year of fractals, still no staff.

The wiki says they only drop from 51+, and I think ANET confirmed this.

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Perfect example of communication failing on behalf of arenanet.

Why mention something that players asked for for so long…
Then you don’t even put it in game.
Then we don’t hear anything about it since forever.

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Focusx3, I main a Ranger.

JQ Druid

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

3 focuses, 3 daggers, 2 staves, 2 pistols, reporting in!

0 swords.

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: Contego.9284

Contego.9284

1 spear, 1 speargun, 1 trident, 1 shield, 1 dagger, 1 hammer, 1 rifle, 1 axe, and yesterday I got a sword. I’ve done hundreds of fractals, I’ve accomplished every fractal achievement without even knowing what most of them were, and I have to admit the skins are one of the motivating factors for doing them (including the ascended chests which I’ve also found a few of). Fractal skins are one of the few weapon skins left in game that require time and effort to get. IMO the drop rate is fine, everyone wants the skins for their favorite weapon, and so threads like this one are becoming all the more common. Have any of guys considered the people who have found these skins legitimately through hundreds of fractals? You know what? go ahead Anet, give these guys their skins, the only thing I ask is that you introduce another similar RNG/dungeon/fractal drop/chest related skin that can only be obtained this way. Or you could just give everyone a precursor in the mail and everyone would be happy right?

(edited by Contego.9284)

Double RNG Fractal Skins

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

I’ve actually been lucky enough so far to only get 1 each of my 5 (pistol, shield, warhorn, trident, spear).

But RNG in this game overall seems to happen in chunks or sets. For example, how many times have you rolled the exact same item twice out of a dungeon/world boss chest?

Or been in a party where everybody pings a rare drop they just got and all 5 of them are rare “Magi” weapons, even though a few of the weapon types may be different.

I think I’m up to around 140 ascended rings so far, and I’ve noticed they tend to drop in cycles when doing my daily fractal runs. When I get condition damage rings I tend to get them mostly in bunches, same for soldier rings, same for berserker rings, etc.