Double XP Weekend Advice

Double XP Weekend Advice

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

I usually just play the game and gain levels like that but I use to farm champs in Queensdale to power level.

So with the double XP weekend I was wondering what people do to level quickly now?

I’d like to get the most out of this weekend since a lot of my friends are coming back to level up characters they abandoned a year or so ago.

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Dungeons award 3/4 of a level’s worth of xp for completing, so this weekend they’ll offer a level and a half. If you don’t mind repetition, you and your friends could run AC story mode a lot.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Keypek.5716

Keypek.5716

I’m a returning player from like the first three months of the game’s existence. What level do you have to be to start AC? And how long can you do that… or to what level? Still trying to remember how this game works lol.

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

lv 30 story lv 35 explorable (recommended). You are not locked out below 30 if you go with a party and they enter for you.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

35 for explorable mode (someone in the partyy has to have completed the story). it is viable for any level, since the xp scales to your level

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Dungeons award 3/4 of a level’s worth of xp for completing, so this weekend they’ll offer a level and a half. If you don’t mind repetition, you and your friends could run AC story mode a lot.

I very much doubt that.
It will most likely just be xp for kills.

Double XP Weekend Advice

Prophet.6257

I very much doubt that.
It will most likely just be xp for kills.

:(

If that’s the case we could just farm yellow tags with birthday and xp boosters I suppose.

I really hope the Dungeon paths thing works as expected though.

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Jay.3409

Jay.3409

lv 30 story lv 35 explorable (recommended). You are not locked out below 30 if you go with a party and they enter for you.

why do many 80s run lvl 35 explorable? is it like a quest for doing paths or a achievement?

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

you get coins for completing the dungeon path. Right now it is one of the best ways to get money in game.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Surprised no one’s recommended Edge of the Mists yet. It’s where a lot of the derailed Queensdales went after the champ nerf. Or is that only for WXP and karma?
I’ve touched it once in the past year (because dailies), so I don’t actually know. =P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Surprised no one’s recommended Edge of the Mists yet. It’s where a lot of the derailed Queensdales went after the champ nerf. Or is that only for WXP and karma?
I’ve touched it once in the past year (because dailies), so I don’t actually know. =P

If the double XP applies to XP from events, then EOTM would be a great place to go.

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I hope this weekend includes also WvW Exp and not just only thel ame normal Exp for Leveling ,what would be alone in itself very boring and useless for all those people, whioch have 0 interest in leveling up another character, but would prefer to level their WvW ranks in that time.

Double WvW Exp in that weekend too would be awesome.

PS. its the first time after 2+ years, that Anet finally does again something, that feels like a special Weekend Event, like we had them in GW1, where they increase for a limited time some aspects of the game, like increased Exp, increased gold Gain, incread this and that.

I hope we will see this more oftenly again in the future. It helps massively to decrease the grind in this game, it helps to make playing with many alts again more player friendly, it generates more fun and gives players an incentive to play the game more, or better said to play the game at these days especially as you rewards the player basically for playing at such days with the increased rates that can be helpful towards the player’s goals.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

If the double XP applies to XP from events, then EOTM would be a great place to go.

Agreed…..EOTM should be a great place for xp this weekend. But I imagine it will be pretty crowded, due to the 2x xp.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

why do many 80s run lvl 35 explorable? is it like a quest for doing paths or a achievement?

Each path of AC explorable awards 1.5g the first time you complete it each day. So it’s very profitable even for 80s to run each path once each day.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

If that is the case, you can expect to gain 10 levels per hour if you’re equipped with full xp-boosting (and have the farming genes activated). Basically 1-80 in 8 hours EotM.

Double XP Weekend Advice

Prophet.6257

If that is the case, you can expect to gain 10 levels per hour if you’re equipped with full xp-boosting (and have the farming genes activated). Basically 1-80 in 8 hours EotM.

That would be awesome. I could have my second account maxed out this weekend and my buddies would have their mains ready to go.

Double XP Weekend Advice

Prophet.6257

Has anyone tested this to see if Dungeons grant double XP?

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Does not affect instances. Here’s how to get the most out of it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2thxhz/experience_bonus_is_live/

Double XP Weekend Advice

Prophet.6257

Does not affect instances. Here’s how to get the most out of it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2thxhz/experience_bonus_is_live/

You’re awesome Karizee! Ty.

:)

Double XP Weekend Advice

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

Tequatl gives you btw more than 100.000 XP at lvl 80 with this weekend buff active

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]