Double experience weekend to return?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

Q:

Does anyone remember this? It was before HOT release but I cant pin point when it took place. I remember taking advantage of it for crafting with one of my toons for leveling where instead of 7 levels, you gained 14.

Im just wondering if Anet has any plans to do this again? Maybe before the next expansion? I would love to take advantage of extra experience again as I have a few toons that could use it, and would help me in my quest for my second legendary

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

(edited by Purgatori.3645)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Dont remember seing it, but how would leveling 14 levels instead of 7 help you get a second legendary?

With all the tomes of knowlage the game give from dailys just loging in, wvw/spvp reward tracks etc how could you not have max leveled alts by now?

Purgatori.3645

Dont remember seing it, but how would leveling 14 levels instead of 7 help you get a second legendary?

With all the tomes of knowlage the game give from dailys just loging in, wvw/spvp reward tracks etc how could you not have max leveled alts by now?

Tomes are great for leveling, but they dont advance a crafting discipline. So … by gaining 14 levels instead of 7, yes, Im still leveling my toon and saving tomes and getting a discipline to 400 at least. Its a win win situation

Purgatori.3645

Was I not clear on the crafting, over the leveling? I guess I wasnt … thats why its helping me with my second legendary

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, it wasn’t a ‘Double Crafting XP’ weekend, it was a ‘Double XP’ (on everything) weekend.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/this-weekend-guild-wars-2-at-pax-south-an-unprecedented-sale-and-double-xp-for-all/

It’s possible that at the next big expansion announcement, the Devs will institute it, once more. Maybe next year?

Good luck.

Purgatori.3645

I have edited my title to reflect it was a double exp weekend instead of just for crafting. But I hope Im not the only one who would love to see this happen again!

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

All my xp now goes to Zommoros. So, I’m sure he’d appreciate it.

~EW

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I wish they would regularly do themed weekends, just to mix things up a bit. We’re at Halloween now, so there are ToT bags dropping out there in the wilds. Wintersday is up next, then the new years. SAB sometime after that. And that’s it, right?

They could supplement their (too few) celebrations with themed weekends (or weeks) – valentines day (chocolates?), pirate day (booty!), st patties (clovers?) – whatever. It wouldn’t have to be as big as Halloween with the Lab etc, just toss some drops in from killing critters and add them to the dailies like we have now with ToT’s.

Purgatori.3645

I wish they would regularly do themed weekends, just to mix things up a bit. We’re at Halloween now, so there are ToT bags dropping out there in the wilds. Wintersday is up next, then the new years. SAB sometime after that. And that’s it, right?

They could supplement their (too few) celebrations with themed weekends (or weeks) – valentines day (chocolates?), pirate day (booty!), st patties (clovers?) – whatever. It wouldn’t have to be as big as Halloween with the Lab etc, just toss some drops in from killing critters and add them to the dailies like we have now with ToT’s.

This would be awesome! If they did a clover thing for St. Patricks Day I would farm the kitten out of it … I doubt this would ever happen lol but These are great suggestions to go along with a double exp weekend.