Dp I need around 6 of the same legendary?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

I already have 7 different consumables that give different bonuses and damage against different monsters, and for PvP.

I have 3 armor sets (one full zerker with scholar, one celestial for WvW and one mixture of knight+soldier for some tankiness)

I have as many weapons in my inventory as sets I can equip, with 2 different stats for each and I have at least 3 trait templates ready for when the patch comes.

What I’m lacking is the need to change sigils on my weapons, because a superior sigil of bloodlust is not the best when I’m in AC and need superior sigils of ghost slaying/something else.

Since nobody is going to accept me in a group unless I have the best of the very best, I find myself excluded from groups simply because I don’t have the correct sigil.

So the only solutions is either blow tons of gems into buying upgrade extractors over and over or craft 6 of the same legendary just to have a different sigil on each.

How do you guys deal with not having the correct sigil for every situation?

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

By finding groups that couldn’t care less what sigil you’re using.

Honestly even the elitist speed run groups only advertise for experienced players using beserker gear, and maybe specify professions. I’ve never seen anyone ask for specific sigils. They really don’t make that much of a difference.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I never use dungeon specific sigils and have never been excluded from a group due to that. In fact no one has ever even asked me about my weapon sigils. I use potions and such though that give bonuses related to the dungeon mobs.

The Burninator

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Um..start your own group? Then, you can choose the parameters for inclusion. =)

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

Honestly even the elitist speed run groups only advertise for experienced players using beserker gear, and maybe specify professions. I’ve never seen anyone ask for specific sigils. They really don’t make that much of a difference.

oh so you don’t know the extent of the elitism in GW2, it usually is not observed in PuGs but once again, pugs usually fail or take way too long to get anything done.

The people I usually contact with require everyone to not only have all the correct sigils, but the correct sigils for each segment of say a dungeon run, and if you don’t, they usually do not want you in the group.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: Summer.6728

Summer.6728

With those things you listed i assume you got more gears yhan i do and i dont know what you’re talking about. 99% of the time as long as im not just smashing keys on my keyboard and using the right skills parties wouldnt care about my sigils.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

I have on my warrior 3 ascended greatswords and 3 ascended axes, with force/night/undead slaying. Offhand has accuracy or energy. This covers me in pretty much every case (if it is day, I do lose out on 5% damage because I do not have slaying sigils but there are just too many enemy types). My other characters all have force/undead or force/night, depending on which dungeons I use them for. It’s not really optimal but it’s the most reasonable thing you can do.

P.S.: If you are really getting kicked for not running the correct sigil I don’t think you would want to play with the people in that group anyway (speaking about dungeon groups, I don’t know how it is in organized WvW/PvP/whatever you can think of).

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

oh so you don’t know the extent of the elitism in GW2, it usually is not observed in PuGs but once again, pugs usually fail or take way too long to get anything done.

The people I usually contact with require everyone to not only have all the correct sigils, but the correct sigils for each segment of say a dungeon run, and if you don’t, they usually do not want you in the group.

Oh, I see. Thanks for that. It’s strange that I didn’t notice my dungeon runs were usually failing, but at least I know now.

And since experienced PUGs can do some dungeons in 10 minutes I’d say even if you can shave a few extra second off by carrying a bag full of sigils you could probably have achieved more by spending the time it took to get them on doing more ‘slow’ runs.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

You kind of just shown with this message that you’re an elitist yourself and you’re complaining that other elitists ask a lot from you? Find new people to run dungeons with and stop moaning on the forums.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Do them with your guild. I do. Or start your own dungeon group. Can’t say I’ve ever found a group that want sigels. I’ve seen groups asking for 5-8k AP. Those groups I avoid. Anyone who thinks AP makes you a better player is just deluded.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Since nobody is going to accept me in a group unless I have the best of the very best, I find myself excluded from groups simply because I don’t have the correct sigil.

Lol, does it really work like this on your server? Or where do you play? NA or EU? On EU region i always use group finder and nobody asks what equip I have. And AC is pretty lame easy dung, you don’t need full ascended zerker even on speed runs.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Weird, never experienced THAT much requirement.
In regular dungeons only 3 of them aren’t in night time, CM, HotW and Arah, but in Arah you can use Undead sigils instead of Night. Get Force on your off-hand, boom, you are fine at almost everywhere.
Fractal day/night time listed here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists#Locations

The only problem that you can have is with consumables, but they are already purchasable with tokens. Most of them.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Nobody cares about dungeon Sigils, and if you do you need to go take a nap and learn how to relax.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Just patently false. If you join lfg ads “Super pro zerk speed run no necros 25k AP or kick noob!”, you know what you are getting in to. Many of us PuG dungeons regularly, use mixed or “sub-optimal” class compositions and have minimal problems. Even after a wipe, people don’t rage quit and we get it on the second try. I start my own groups all the time “Path X chilled out run” or “PX, cool people wanted”, try it sometime.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Hah, this is absurd. I always considered dungeon sigils as something unsignificant. I would gladly use them before the ascended weapons were introduced, but now it is just too expensive to have 2 of the same weapon. And it is so annoying to swap the weapons through hero panel or inventory… We need 2 little buttons which, if clicked, open cascaded list of weapons like when you right click on it in hero panel. Until then, I won’t even consider to pay much attention to getting different weapons just for the sigil.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I already have 7 different consumables that give different bonuses and damage against different monsters, and for PvP.

I have 3 armor sets (one full zerker with scholar, one celestial for WvW and one mixture of knight+soldier for some tankiness)

I have as many weapons in my inventory as sets I can equip, with 2 different stats for each and I have at least 3 trait templates ready for when the patch comes.

What I’m lacking is the need to change sigils on my weapons, because a superior sigil of bloodlust is not the best when I’m in AC and need superior sigils of ghost slaying/something else.

So the only solutions is either blow tons of gems into buying upgrade extractors over and over or craft 6 of the same legendary just to have a different sigil on each.

The game is not that particular. If you are that particular then you need to go with what you said here: “So the only solutions is either blow tons of gems into buying upgrade extractors over and over or craft 6 of the same legendary just to have a different sigil on each.”

I think you need to read that sentence to yourself like 5-10 times out loud and think about how much a waste of time that would be in a game like GW2. It’s not Dark Souls where squeezing numbers out of every stat helps.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Buy new sigils most of them are cheaper than dirt? Or did I miss something that I shouldn’t have in the wardrobe thing?

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Isn’t the wardrobe going to give people the option to have multiple legendaries once the skin is unlocked? Why not just make more ascended weapons and apply the legendary skin when the patch hits?

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

I always have the correct sigil because I have 50 copies of each legendary!

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

I have several hundred legendaries with different sigil/stat combinations since i dont have the time to double click to change stats and i multi box the game and play on 5 different accounts at the same time so i can do dungeons by myself cause no one plays on my level.
#sopro

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i love dungeon runners who insist on people having a certain amount of achievement points, who can’t take out an elite mob paired up with a regular mob unless they stack, and who require an equipment ping upon entering the dungeon.. these masters of the art of playing mmo and all their time saving – money making techniques are bound for an extra 10 minutes waiting in lfg because no one in their right mind wants to play with them and an extra 10 minutes in each dungeon sorting out their protocol complimented by an extra few minutes in every other dungeon waiting for a newly joined member to run across the dungeon because their predecessor was kicked for luring out a mob that could have been killed by 3 novices.

Most people don’t even use potions.. by the way arena net, why is the only ghost slaying potion in the game a craftable – non-tradable which costs 25 silver per potion.. The sigils for killing mobs from the more frequented dungeons cost almost nothing relative to the dungeon reward, so you could make a certain weapon and swap out the sigils each day while considering it an operating cost.

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

It may take more time to search for the correct sigill-weapon and switch it than it may speed up the whole thing

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

I have several hundred legendaries with different sigil/stat combinations since i dont have the time to double click to change stats and i multi box the game and play on 5 different accounts at the same time so i can do dungeons by myself cause no one plays on my level.
#sopro

You’re also playing in 5 different instances huh?

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.