Dps / Burst / Tankiness comparaison

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jeyzer.1605

Jeyzer.1605

Hey there,

I was wondering what was the classement of the class in term of dps , burst and tankiness.

Here’s my guess (Guess, based on what I sawe for now, since I’m not yet 80 on any of my chars).

-Dps :

Elem > War > Mesmer > Thief > Eng > Necro > Ranger > Guard.

-Burst :

Elem > War > Thief > Eng > Mesmer > Necro > Guard > Ranger.

-Tankiness :

Guard > War > Nerco > Thief > Elem > Mesmer > Eng > Ranger.

Am I wrong somewhere ? This classement is not to see if some classes are better than the others (Even if it’s obvious that Warriors are on top of the others ) but to see where each class is excel at.

Thank you.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

-Tankiness:

War > Guard > rest

/popcorn

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I think this is funny. Ele’s can tank well and better than necros or even thieves.

Most of this is situational and there are NO ABSOLUTES in this game.

Jeyzer.1605

Yeah, but it is true that thieves aren’t on the top dps right ?

Because I always see War / Guard on dungeons ,someties elem/ mesmer ,so I was wondering if Thieves ,Necro ,Rangers and Eng were useful ,and where/when.

I always thought the best dps were thieves/assassins and mages. But here, the thief got less dmg than a war ,less utility and less tankiness….(No,I don’t main thiefi I’m not QQing about my main class here =) )

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

did you seriously put the guardian at the bottom of the DPS chain? I believe they can dish out top-tier DPS with a proper build.

Jeyzer.1605

oO So what would your classement be ? (Even if it’s situationnal ,let’s say they are all build for dmg on the dps part and all full tank for the tankiness part)

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

why people always think guards are not dps?
I always fight with the stigma that people think im a healer or tank. when everythink i dont block one shot me instead
but about tankyness i think no class can tank :P

(edited by Balsa.3951)

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

-Dps

Guard> War >rest

/pass the popcorn please…

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Hey there,

I was wondering what was the classement of the class in term of dps , burst and tankiness.

Here’s my guess (Guess, based on what I sawe for now, since I’m not yet 80 on any of my chars).

-Dps :

-Burst :

Elem > War > Thief > Eng > Mesmer > Necro > Guard > Ranger.

-Tankiness :

Guard > War > Nerco > Thief > Elem > Mesmer > Eng > Ranger.

Am I wrong somewhere ? This classement is not to see if some classes are better than the others (Even if it’s obvious that Warriors are on top of the others ) but to see where each class is excel at.

Thank you.

Can’t say you are wrong, you are just not experienced enough to see it through.

Classes are designed with different skill level of players in mind.

Warrior is a class that can be played fine even without utility skills, in a cost of a lot more straight forward utility skills, high telegraphed attacks etc.

Other class that involved more complex class mechanics are harder to use, and extremely weak without utility skills. That means these classes are designed for more skillful hands and once a player mastered these class, they do way better than a warrior.

I got all classes to lv80, where i once thought ele was the weakest until i rerolled another lv80 ele, (means 160 level of game play), i found everything my warrior can do, my ele can do it better, and there are a lot of things that my ele can do while my warrior can’t.

Balsa.3951

can we change warrior name into barbarian it match more the intellect

/Popcorn and hide behind a shield

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

You reallize there’s no way to determine “burst” or “tankiness” unless you define them properly? If tankiness literally just means standing and facetanking, warrior or guardian take the cake. If it means avoiding damage easily, mesmer is probaby best, etc.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

ele highest DPS, thief highest single target DPS.

btw Rangers when played right have excellent DPS, same for necros.

Iirc theorycraft would showmost classes to out dps a war, only wars are face palm easy and that’s why they’re so wanted.(you have to be REALLY bad to mess up using a war.)

All classes can tank, depending on build and playability, I’d say they’re fairly equal again.

That’s the point, all classes in this game are balanced and in terms of dps/tankiness, they all have their moments given the situation.

Jeyzer.1605

Thank you guys for the explanations =)

I thought there was a hierarchie of dmg/etc since we usually see 3 classes in dungeons but based on your explanations ,wars are played not because they do most dmg while being tanky but because they are easy to play and hard to fail with (No surprise here ,wars are the rollface on every game I played… Aion,Lol etc.)

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

I would think Mesmer would have the highest burst, followed by scepter ele and BS thief.

With a full life force pool built up, I might say necro #1 for tankyness.

Also, Egnineer is tankier than thief IMO (blocks, better heals, more protection/regen)

Could be totally wrong, but this is how it seems

Posted by: stachekiller.2591

stachekiller.2591

I don’t really run tank builds, but Ranger has access to 12 seconds of invulnerability (15 seconds if Sylvari) has block, reflection and a bunch of evades. Makes for a better tank than you might think.

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

This thread is literally

“I don’t know any numbers so I’m going to rank based on ~~feelings~~”

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

Posted by: stachekiller.2591

stachekiller.2591

What to do with feelings?

Attachments:

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Oh wait, I’m sorry, you guys wanted NUMBERS? I thought you were just going off whatever. Based on actual numbers:

Sustained DPS over time: Staff ele > grenade engie > dagger thief > GS warrior > GS guardian = dagger necro > sword ranger (mesmer dependent on number of phantasms maintainble, between ele and engie with all 3 up)

Burst: Subjective based on definition of burst but FGS ele, SotH/QZ ranger, grenade/rifle engie, and Heartseeker thief are all up there.

Tankiness: Depends on build, no one runs full tank so it’s hard to say.

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

Dps order:
Ranger > Elementalist > Engineer > Thief > Guardian > Necromancer > Mesmer
and yes that is the only real, true dps list, because well you can trust me

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

engineer>all at everything

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Other class that involved more complex class mechanics are harder to use

“Complex class mechanics”

>Spams 1

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

recalling various theory crafting number threads…..

Assuming Full damage traits, Armour and buffs, (might, fury, vuln)

Elementalist and thief are tier one. (thief becomes highest with an Ele conjure and the improvisation trait. so those 2 can be interchangeable. )

Guard, Necromancer, Ranger, tier 2

Warrior, Engie, Mesmer tier 3

note: Mesmer is VERY dependant on phantasms. so depending on how many are out and alive at any given time. they will move all over the scale.

For “tanking”
assuming Defensive Gear, Traits. and when you say tanking meaning that you just stand there and be a punching bag.

Gaurdian, Warrior, Elementalist would be tier one.

the rest I will be honest and say that I truthfully dont know how well you could turn them into meatbags.

Balsa.3951

Could we get a graphic with numbers? Please I’m curious very

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

recalling various theory crafting number threads…..

Assuming Full damage traits, Armour and buffs, (might, fury, vuln)

Elementalist and thief are tier one. (thief becomes highest with an Ele conjure and the improvisation trait. so those 2 can be interchangeable. )

Guard, Necromancer, Ranger, tier 2

Warrior, Engie, Mesmer tier 3

note: Mesmer is VERY dependant on phantasms. so depending on how many are out and alive at any given time. they will move all over the scale.

For “tanking”
assuming Defensive Gear, Traits. and when you say tanking meaning that you just stand there and be a punching bag.

Gaurdian, Warrior, Elementalist would be tier one.

the rest I will be honest and say that I truthfully dont know how well you could turn them into meatbags.

One of these days I’d really love to just sit down and find out how these super-inaccurate tier lists get spread and by whom.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

when you have several theory crafters compiling lists. there tends to be a least some level of pattern.

I will gladly stand and be corrected in the list i provided. It was just made based upon the current pattern that at least (I) have seen.

More than open to correction.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

People expect Guards to be at the bottom since they’re so tanky, but their DPS is a LOT higher than you’d expect*.

• with the right build.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I guess it comes from people playing each class (most likely playing all rather poorly) and then making a list with their experiences. Like, I believe ya when you say you did some dps test and found guardian was at the top, but my guardian takes for flipping ever to kill anything in comparison to any of my other characters. I saw a guard in a dungeon once who killed things faster than I would have thought possible. Should have asked him for tips…

Posted by: Seth.1308

Seth.1308

-Dps :

As a ranger main, I’m offended.

Will the person who is so crappy at guardian that they rank worse than a bearbow, please get the kitten out of my spot?

Thanks.