Dragon Bash - No creature left alive!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I know I’ve only been playing for a few months but I have never seen this. Since Dragon Bash went live every place I have been has been players zerg rolling everything in site. Unfortunately I’ve had to change my stance on how this was fun. For a short while it was because low level players wer with low level players rolling maps. This isn’t the case anymore.

One thing I found somewhat unfortunate though is if you find a holograph with mobs around it and you start to clear them, others will run right past you to get the holograph LOL. I’ve seen people sitting in front of inactive ones for long periods of time waiting for them to spawn too. I’ve seen people spend less time waiting for Shadow Behemoth to spawn.

Edited because the method people are using to get coffers has removed the fun out of starter areas for new players,

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Welcome to patch day. Things will calm down in a few days.

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Head to a super dead server, then find areas people cannot stand. Win. Keep your guesting to low servers and you should be ok, I seen the zergs as well but most people I met waited for me or vice versa. Can’t promise that happens everywhere but on TC and most on BG were really nice.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

JustTrogdor.7892

Welcome to patch day. Things will calm down in a few days.

I’ve been in during the last two patches/new content and never saw much of anything. I think most of that content was in higher levels maybe? I just know I never saw anything where I was about it aside from a message in my interface that wouldn’t go away I was thinking it was more for end game players.

Anyway I’m enjoying it, especially watching people waste a ton of time camping holographs lol. I run by the same 10 players are there, run back on my way to sell may loot on TP and they are still there. I asked in /map why people were camping them and it got flooded with people saying to get the achievement. I know this may sound rude but considering the time frame to do so I wonder if this is what people mean when they say players gobble up content as fast as possible.

The only thing I don’t care for so far is the Moa racing because it is expensive and I thought you could stand and watch the races but it is more like you have to follow them around to see what is going on. I mostly posted this thread because it is the first update where, as a very casual player, that I have been able to enjoy so far. I think it’s pretty cool and it will give me other things to work toward in between my regular game play.

The Burninator

JustTrogdor.7892

Head to a super dead server, then find areas people cannot stand. Win. Keep your guesting to low servers and you should be ok, I seen the zergs as well but most people I met waited for me or vice versa. Can’t promise that happens everywhere but on TC and most on BG were really nice.

Oh it wasn’t a complaint but more of an observation of something I had not seen before. I already found my secret farm. Also as I said it is making map completion a breeze.

I’m not concerned about the holos. I’ll get those as I play the game. I get plenty of coffers from mobs.

The Burninator

tolunart.2095

Yeah, some people are impatient and have to do everything within 24 hrs of the release of new content, then spend the rest of the month complaining there’s nothing to do.

Did you notice when the SS update happened, how soon people started showing up wearing the flower/tentacle backpacks? I saw some within 24 hours of the patch going live. Likewise you’ll see people getting the title and whatever rewards for doing 10/14 achievements, when the other 4 can’t even be completed until the next patch happens.

Myself, I’m not in such a hurry. I wandered around Lion’s Arch for an hour or two while waiting for the dailies to reset, smashed about 50 pinatas and ate some candy, set off 50 fireworks… only thing I completed was to talk to the eight captains.

Geotherma.2395

Oh it wasn’t a complaint but more of an observation of something I had not seen before. I already found my secret farm. Also as I said it is making map completion a breeze.

I’m not concerned about the holos. I’ll get those as I play the game. I get plenty of coffers from mobs.

Yea, I’ve been getting plenty too heh. And I agree, my charr is almost 80 now thanks to all these places i have to unlock :P

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

JustTrogdor.7892

Yeah, some people are impatient and have to do everything within 24 hrs of the release of new content, then spend the rest of the month complaining there’s nothing to do.

Did you notice when the SS update happened, how soon people started showing up wearing the flower/tentacle backpacks? I saw some within 24 hours of the patch going live. Likewise you’ll see people getting the title and whatever rewards for doing 10/14 achievements, when the other 4 can’t even be completed until the next patch happens.

Myself, I’m not in such a hurry. I wandered around Lion’s Arch for an hour or two while waiting for the dailies to reset, smashed about 50 pinatas and ate some candy, set off 50 fireworks… only thing I completed was to talk to the eight captains.

I don’t even know what the achievements are yet aside from apparently camping holos

I am pretty sure I even saw a warrior try to kill a little kid in Beetleton LOL

Edited because the low level map farming has inhibited things for new players.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Vawn.3041

Vawn.3041

I know I’ve only been playing for a few months but I have never seen this. Since Dragon Bash went live every place I have been has been players zerg rolling everything in site lol.

I was thinking about this earlier today and it’s hysterically funny when you think about it. Are we any better or different than Zhaitan’s army of mindless Risen? The Risen exist to extinguish life. One of their warcries is even “Kill everything!” But they don’t really mean it.

Out of aggro range? No.
Above me? (Bandit voice)You’re kidding, right?.
In the another zone? Screw that.

But think about us when we saw this in the patch notes:

• Dragon Coffers have been added to the list of potential loot drops for all creatures in the world.

Our reaction?

“OHHHH SNAP!! KILL EVERYTHING KILLABLE!

And we mean it. Doesn’t matter if it alive, dead, in the next zone, underwater, in the air, sitting on the toilet – it’s dying right the kitten now. I mean, really! Celebrating the Dragon Festival by going on a crazed slaughter of everything in the world is a hilarious perversion of our major motive.

If someone doesn’t stop Zhaitan and other the Elder Dragons, they’ll kill everything in Tyria? Dude, if someone doesn’t stop us, we’ll kill everything in Tyria.

Back at launch when I created my first character I sure never would have guessed “This is my story” was going to be all about murderin’!

So imagine at the end of all this, us standing amidst our zerg looking at a completely dead and smited world:

Zergling.0666: “Oops! Our bad! Um….so…. did anyone get a ticket?”

(edited by Vawn.3041)

tolunart.2095

It’s pretty interesting if you remove yourself from the situation and view it objectively – the greatest heroes in the video game world are almost always omnicidal maniacs.

Geotherma.2395

I don’t even know what the achievements are yet aside from apparently camping holos

I just finished another half hour in game and what I saw is the main reason for the title of this thread. Myself and pretty much everyone else is killing everything in the path, everything. Normally you see people just running past trash mobs but not today. I really like it for some reason it’s fun. I am pretty sure I even saw a warrior try to kill a little kid in Beetleton LOL

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-guide-to-dragon-bash/

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

people are doing this because you need 10k candy(?) to get the wing. Which is ridiculous. That is why people are running around the place to get the hologram…..

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The wings also drop in game and are being sold on the trading post. I had a pair drop for me already.

tolunart.2095

The wings also drop in game and are being sold on the trading post. I had a pair drop for me already.

Tell players they can click this button 10,000 times and get a prize, or wait a week and get the same prize, and some people will click the button 10,000 times just because they don’t want to wait a week.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Tell players they can click this button 10,000 times and get a prize, or wait a week and get the same prize, and some people will click the button 10,000 times just because they don’t want to wait a week.

I am waiting a week, then i’ll get back to you.

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Celebrating the Dragon Festival by going on a crazed slaughter of everything in the world is a hilarious perversion of our major motive.

Ahahahaha. That’s just too great. I guess it would have made more sense if they only dropped from dragon minions huh?