Dragon Bash on June 11th Update!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

As one of the people who built roller beetle racing I’d love to see its spiritual successor in Gw2 someday, we might need to wait for beetles to pop up in game though

You were one of the dudes behind roller beetle racing?!

I didn’t think it was possible,but you just got more respect from me!

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: WolfOwl.3968

WolfOwl.3968

Then why would it be called Dragon Bash rather than Dragon Festival?
And based on the information in the dat-file it is changed because of the fact that people don’t want to celebrate dragons when the Elder Dragons keep killing their family and friends ^^

Dragon Bash implies beating a dragon, rather than celebrating it. The backstory of GW2 is dragons have risen up and are wreaking havoc.

And listen to that song man!

Also, am I the only one that noticed the mystic toilet replaced with a much better looking dragon version? Or was I imagining things?

“I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed to him.”

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Dragon Bash implies beating a dragon, rather than celebrating it. The backstory of GW2 is dragons have risen up and are wreaking havoc.

I am fully aware of that.
In the dat-files there are however talks about people not wanting to celebrate Dragon Festival because of just that. The fact that they have lost family and friends to the Dragons, and that is most likely the reason it is Dragon Bash instead of Dragon Festival.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

It looks great, I cant wait for next week to start.

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I’m excited for this.

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Tyty I asked for wings on forum 2 weeks ago and its coming out :o
Does the rare wing from the arena look the same as the wing from the achievement? Hope its bigger or something!

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Posted by: folly dragon.4126

folly dragon.4126

Dear patrons,

the wings will be on a .0001% chance on every 11th consecutive successful win. It will be similar to the odds of a precursor with diminishing returns for farming the events, so basically only 3 people per server will win them and they will be farmers that play the BLTP and will try to sell them for 9999 gold after putting up fee for 999 gold.

My point is, dont count on getting these, if you do, good deal, otherwise, better luck next year.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Dear patrons,

the wings will be on a .0001% chance on every 11th consecutive successful win. It will be similar to the odds of a precursor with diminishing returns for farming the events, so basically only 3 people per server will win them and they will be farmers that play the BLTP and will try to sell them for 9999 gold after putting up fee for 999 gold.

My point is, dont count on getting these, if you do, good deal, otherwise, better luck next year.

The shattered wings are a reward from the meta achievement…so no RNG for those and I think they look cooler.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Ok, so first I want to voice that this LOOKS AWESOME.

However, I’m also somewhat worried…

It states that the special Dragon Helmet “is only available to players who attend an entire fireworks show in lion’s arch, which occurs every two hours during the in-game evening from June 14 to June 17.”

Since BWE1, I’ve suffered through disconnects every 20-40 minutes. It’s due to my ISP packet throttling me, but I won’t be able to fix the problem for several more months. Is there any chance for us flaky folk to get the helm? Or will I have to tell a friend to log in my account for the duration of the show?

Kinda reminds me of the first few months of Fractals, except now it’s a limited time.

Thanks in advance.

NSPride <3

Posted by: zuraith.6104

zuraith.6104

I didn’t mess with the F&F skins because they looked like variants of CoF skins, and I wasn’t crazy about the SS skins (don’t get me wrong, both were awesome, but not worth the potential HOURS of grinding), but this update is going to kill me. That green axe. So awesome.

Since real life won’t let me put in the hours of RNG grinding, and bills won’t let me throw in the dough alternative, I probably won’t have a chance at these awesome new skins.

Gear is skin-based in GW2. I wish there was a for-sure way to get them. Even if it’s grinding something, as long as the results are certain.

I’ll keep buying stuff, just let me buy it! I don’t like the lottery.

Posted by: zuraith.6104

zuraith.6104

Ok, so first I want to voice that this LOOKS AWESOME.

However, I’m also somewhat worried…

It states that the special Dragon Helmet “is only available to players who attend an entire fireworks show in lion’s arch, which occurs every two hours during the in-game evening from June 14 to June 17.”

Since BWE1, I’ve suffered through disconnects every 20-40 minutes. It’s due to my ISP packet throttling me, but I won’t be able to fix the problem for several more months. Is there any chance for us flaky folk to get the helm? Or will I have to tell a friend to log in my account for the duration of the show?

Kinda reminds me of the first few months of Fractals, except now it’s a limited time.

Thanks in advance.

The way that it’s worded, I highly doubt that the show LASTS for two hours. That’s probably just the timer.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Although I HATE how they’re bringing some more RNG weapon tickets when this game is already lacking in Armor and Weapons, the Wing Backpiece and Dragon Helm look AWESOME!

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

This event looks pretty fun. And it looks like almost every reward can be earned in-game rather than just RNG boxes. It’s a step in the right direction, keep it up Anet the event looks awesome.

Now just confirm we’ll see Cantha and I’ll be forever happy with you.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Moa horse race lol. Do I get to be one?

Anyway… mini dragon pet?

The Moa race is a betting game taking inspiration from the 9-rings style betting mini-games from the original festivals in Gw1, but with a little more action involved for each round of bets. The bonus: this activity will remain in the game permanently in Lion’s Arch after the Dragon Bash festival ends.

Will I be able to bet Gems?

Note on legality – Gems have no value, and cannot be traded for real money, thus fall out of the realm of real “gambling”.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Isn’t a dragon celebration/festival in Tyria kind of like the Allies celebrating Hitler during WWII? Doesnt make much sense to me.

It’s a Dragon Bash man! we’re gunna be fighting dragons and poking fun at them via their holograms! Then we will have dragon themed weapons and armor and poke even more fun at them silly dragons!

No way this could go bad for us Tyrian’s.. Nope. The dragons won’t retaliate at all…… lol..

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

can’t wait to get that wind..

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Aion wings? In MY GW2? No thanks. But since it’s the glamorous new shiny, I have to get it anyway to soothe my jangled OCD.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

This looks great! excited!

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Anyway… mini dragon pet?

The Moa race is a betting game taking inspiration from the 9-rings style betting mini-games from the original festivals in Gw1, but with a little more action involved for each round of bets. The bonus: this activity will remain in the game permanently in Lion’s Arch after the Dragon Bash festival ends.

You don’t get to be a Moa for this specific activity, though you never know what might pop up in future festivals! As one of the people who built roller beetle racing I’d love to see its spiritual successor in Gw2 someday, we might need to wait for beetles to pop up in game though

Did you test out this mini in Queensdale? I’ve seen at least 3 times a dialog box pop up asking for me to beat on a moa to win a race I can not find.

The only issue with the dialog box is that it pops up and blocks the screen. When I’m doing something.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Elona confirmed in the distant future best news of this year I hope for Cantha expansion too.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Pretty pumped for this event. I love the new makeover the Mystic Forge got for the Dragon Bash, and those weapon skins look absolutely beautiful too! Hopefully the “Rich Dragon Chests” offer a guaranteed chance for a weapon skin (making these account bound is fine by me), and can be bought directly from the Gem Store, while the normal chests offer a chance to get it for those who don’t want to spend real money on it.

The wings don’t seem to fit the aesthetics for any of my characters, but I’m looking forward to collecting them too nevertheless.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Elona confirmed in the distant future best news of this year I hope for Cantha expansion too.

Confirmed where? What did I miss?

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I hope it’s just as good as Wintersday and Mad King. Those were the best GW2 days of my ~1500 hours dedicated to this game. I would gladly pay 50$ just for an expansion pack much like Wintersday/Mad King.

Personal Wishlist
New Activites
Large amount of decorations in Lions Arch
Recipes
New, temporary currency(like the wool socks)
New skins
WvW Decorations

I especially hope that there is a jumping puzzle. That would complete everything.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

This world has lived in shadow from a pair of demon’s wings
But none here fear the future or the darkness that it brings
The monster puts on quite a show, expecting us to yield
But there’s just one course of action when we take up sword and shield

Bash the dragon! Smash the dragon!
Drive it right back into its den
May it never rise up again

I have a crazy love for this song already. Hope it’s played in-game during the event at some point.

Agreed, I love this song and do regret having to visit extended family during most of this. Though if I time it right I’ll be able to hit the good parts of this festival.

I wondered how they were going to do a Dragon celebration. I just saw the video and muttered to myself “ohhhh Dragon bash!” Then had a hearty chuckle at their song.

Permanent betting game?! ABOUT TIME!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

1. There better be dragons that are loot pinatas.
2. Make it rain loot.
3. Stop with the rng boxes.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: TheProphetOmega.3596

TheProphetOmega.3596

bring it on! Those wings look awesome!
I will even try to get them unlike the flower and the tentacles…

be seeing you all to bash some dragons!

I am the wonder, I am the storm.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Where was this confirmed?

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

since we are on beting: who wanna bet that ANet will release that moa race in a super bugged state making some ppl super rich then disable the feature, infracting everyone on forum if you even say a peep about that?

I dont think was any event so far without a bug, even last one when we did a dungeon before the patch and no rewards.

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

since we are on beting: who wanna bet that ANet will release that moa race in a super bugged state making some ppl super rich then disable the feature, infracting everyone on forum if you even say a peep about that?

I dont think was any event so far without a bug, even last one when we did a dungeon before the patch and no rewards.

You’re probably right. I don’t think any event was without a bug either. I experienced much of the same thing in other games that produced content quickly. When you have a four week or two week schedule to put stuff out, some stuff will obviously get missed or not go as planned. When Rift was doing fast content updates, there were bugs gallore.

The faster you put stuff out, the more bug there’ll be.

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

I made a mistake, the last bug what about www when a server in tier7, second place, with chances of 0.333% … end up fighting in tier 4. Thats the same chances with getting a precursor from mistic forge. And we get it, first try. (and yea, we consider it a bug)

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Dragon Bash is coming!!

woo hoo

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

agree on rng getting out of control

Do devs remembers this is Guild Wars and why people liked it?

Also i need the moa ò_ò i collect them i hope it won t be too hard to get…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

And permaban anyone who made any gold off of it.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: folly dragon.4126

folly dragon.4126

Dear patrons,

The shattered wings are a reward from the meta achievement…so no RNG for those and I think they look cooler.

yes I know that, my point was made though regarding other drop types besides more back items, regardless of how cool said back item may be.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I hope it’s just as good as Wintersday and Mad King. Those were the best GW2 days of my ~1500 hours dedicated to this game. I would gladly pay 50$ just for an expansion pack much like Wintersday/Mad King.

Personal Wishlist
New Activites
Large amount of decorations in Lions Arch
Recipes
New, temporary currency(like the wool socks)
New skins
WvW Decorations

I especially hope that there is a jumping puzzle. That would complete everything.

I def agree with the jumping puzzle, just really an all around awesome aspect to the game and the holiday events.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Im just really tired of all of the RNG in the game. Nothing is garunteed, other than a rare for the first time you down a world boss for the day.

RNG crates
RNG precursors
RNG mats
RNG clovers

Come on..getting tired of this.

With this said, this looks like a fun update. Just sick of the RNG stuff and the temporary content.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

So maybe I’m being a little bit of a sadist here… But, having a permanent mini game that follows in the foot steps of 9-rings sounds like maybe we could get some sort of Lucky/Unlucky titles? The thought of a really long prestigious title actually sounds good to me right now.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

Posted by: anram.1972

anram.1972

This world has lived in shadow from a pair of demon’s wings
But none here fear the future or the darkness that it brings
The monster puts on quite a show, expecting us to yield
But there’s just one course of action when we take up sword and shield

Drive it right back into its den
May it never rise up again

Will this song come out like ‘Fear not this night?’ I would love to see some more songs from the game.

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

The Moa race is a betting game taking inspiration from the 9-rings style betting mini-games from the original festivals in Gw1, but with a little more action involved for each round of bets.

As long as I can Akitten while playing this. Otherwise getting “Lucky” would have been unbearable.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Anyway… mini dragon pet?

You don’t get to be a Moa for this specific activity, though you never know what might pop up in future festivals! As one of the people who built roller beetle racing I’d love to see its spiritual successor in Gw2 someday, we might need to wait for beetles to pop up in game though

Actually you know what this sounds like to me? Sounds like the Moa racing came from your friends at NcSoft, they had it in their game Lineage 2. Any thoughts on the bug fixes that Anthony is working on??? lol.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

(edited by Rama.6439)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Hate to be the debbie-downer, but it looks like yet again more lousy cash for chest and horrible RNG for new skins. I have beat around Southsun Coast the entire time it has been updated and have found probably 6 crates in total and zero ticket for weapon skins. I just don’t understand why they keep repeating this method for obtaining new skins. Especially so dang soon on the heels of the Southsun Crates! Is this the way it is always going to be???

Simple, people keep buying the lottery items a LOT. For every complain on the forum they see players buying them on the tenths or even hundreds, so from their point of view, there’s an audience that must love these kind of things, and it’s an audience that spends lots of money on the gem store.

Well I know this is terrible, but I wish they’d stop. Because I would prefer a whole lot less RNG in my game.

For once i agree with you, i know its rare..

Yea, and so did the crates. Except the rate was very low, meaning it kind of didn’t matter that they dropped.

Of course not.. silly me. People will only be happy if the containers were gained for simply logging in and was guaranteed to give the tickets. How could I forget that?

If you show your players new nice items they cannot get, it just kitten them off, unhappy customers do not stay around long..

Most businesses understand this.

Im just really tired of all of the RNG in the game. Nothing is garunteed, other than a rare for the first time you down a world boss for the day.

RNG crates
RNG precursors
RNG mats
RNG clovers

Come on..getting tired of this.

With this said, this looks like a fun update. Just sick of the RNG stuff and the temporary content.

Agreed on this too, its not that i hate GW2, i like the idea, this RNG mess is ruining for a majority..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

so when will we know how many hours we need to akitten LA to get the hat on each character.

Horns of the Dragon

This unique helm is only available to players who attend an entire fireworks show in Lion’s Arch, which occurs every two hours during the in-game evening from June 14 to June 17.

i have one of each class so even if its just a 30 min event that’s 4h if its 1h long 8 hours akitten if its 2h long 16 hours

Holographic Dragon Wings

This dragon wing back item is only available as a very rare drop in the Dragon Ball Arena and throughout Tyria during the celebration.Ambitious adventurers who collect a large amount of Dragon Bash candy can obtain these exclusive holographic festival wings.

again if possible id like one for each class how much candy do i need to farm per backpack 250? 1000? 10,000? what is “a large amount”? will it be account bound? since rng = not ever going to drop from arena

for these and the meta shattered wings will they have a proper upgrade slot rather than an infusion slot that is only relevant to one part of the game i prefer my items to not have half the possible stats because you cannot itemize them correctly, or force me to transmute them and lose the account wide usability of the skin.

the devs continue to amaze me how they can have a working implementation that should be followed in the game ie triforge pendant and then they go backwards and make future content worse, its not hard if you want infusions ascend the item in the forge, if you want rare quality items with infusion slots have them drop in lower end fractals.

seriously away from keyboard is filtered…

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

(edited by Shadow Blade.1324)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

so when will we know how many hours we need to akitten LA to get the hat on each character.

Horns of the Dragon

This unique helm is only available to players who attend an entire fireworks show in Lion’s Arch, which occurs every two hours during the in-game evening from June 14 to June 17.

i have one of each class so even if its just a 30 min event that’s 4h if its 1h long 8 hours akitten if its 2h long 16 hours

Holographic Dragon Wings

This dragon wing back item is only available as a very rare drop in the Dragon Ball Arena and throughout Tyria during the celebration.Ambitious adventurers who collect a large amount of Dragon Bash candy can obtain these exclusive holographic festival wings.

again if possible id like one for each class how much candy do i need to farm per backpack 250? 1000? 10,000? what is “a large amount”? will it be account bound? since rng = not ever going to drop from arena

I’m also wondering about these. I have at least as many characters as Shadow Blade, and would also like to get the wings for all my characters (helm not necessarily so much).

Also, why can we not get multiples of the achievement one? Its really disheartening each time a new reward is out, and we can only have it on one character. At least give us the option to have to redo the whole achievement stuff again so we can get it multiple times, or give us some sort of quest(?) like we had to do to get the Mad King back items.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I’m not a huge fan of wings but they still look cool. Not sure I would put them on anything but would be nice to have.

As far as everything else. I can’t wait. I’m excited to see an actually holiday again after all this time. So it should be quite fun.

Really is disappointing if you are putting all the weapon skins in the RNG boxes again. Though it sounds like you can at least get some by other means that are more static at least (this probably won’t last long and will get nerfed within the first few days). >.<

Overall, still excited.

Also, love the catchy song in the video and the artwork. Really like the theme and the paper mache/pinata dragons idea.

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

I’m very picky, ill admit that, but I don’t think it’s TOO picky to think the wings flap way too frequently? Maybe have them stay still for at least 2 seconds? Still look awesome. Guna get them for my warrior. Also, can’t get “Bash the dragons, bash the dragons!” out of my head! xD

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Anyway… mini dragon pet?

Actually you know what this sounds like to me? Sounds like the Moa racing came from your friends at NcSoft, they had it in their game Lineage 2. Any thoughts on the bug fixes that Anthony is working on??? lol.

Actually racing birds has been around in hundreds of games, FF7 had chocobo racing, and they look very similar to Moa. There is also real life ostrich racing, and other types of racing. Not all ideas come from other MMO’s some are just cultural or pure ideas. Although real moa are extinct, have been for a long time. I can’t remember what chocobos are based off of, ostrich or something else entirely, but you can ride an ostrich so long as you aren’t too heavy or large :P

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I’m very picky, ill admit that, but I don’t think it’s TOO picky to think the wings flap way too frequently? Maybe have them stay still for at least 2 seconds? Still look awesome. Guna get them for my warrior. Also, can’t get “Bash the dragons, bash the dragons!” out of my head! xD

Started watching the video-
Brain: Oh look GW2 dragon bashing and old time music.
Eyes: Wow skyrim really changed a lot.

Then I got lost in a train of thought about Felicia Day in Supernatural playing as the RPing queen in a made up castle town.. Starting to think I have ADD lol

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I immediately went to youtube, looked up weasel stomping day, and realized we have that but no mayonnaise to spread on our lawns in Lion’s Arch.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!