Dragon fights and lag

Dragon fights and lag

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

Please arenanet give us a patch which fixes the dragon fights , so much lag makes you rage , not being able to use skills or heal you’re self.
its insane.

please fix this

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

Yeah, this is really horrible since yesterday. Had two dragon events now where I couldn’t even see or move my character after appearing at the waypoint and by the time I could, the event was over.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

its not just the dragon events…. nearly every spot for farming is sooooo ovecrowded…. anet needs to find a solution…. rescalling events is just the wrong way to improve the gaming experience…. now we get less loot at events and mobs hit harder, but its still not enjoyable since there r 200 ppl on one spot…. this has become ridicolous…..

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

anet promoted a game with big events and wvw and stuff…. but they dont even manage to run it stable on high end pcs… this is a joke…
where is the point to have an event with 300 ppl but u only see 30? isnt it just fail to launch a game that doesnt even run as intended?

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Lag is really bad since today (Drakkar Lake EU).

/e: won’t be able to complete my monthly because it’s unplayable, no way to complete a dungeon. Which sucks.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

got this problem as well.
even if i can still open my chest and get gold medal, it sucks a bit to be honest…

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

Makes me mad that I didn’t do a temple run this weekend to stock up on amulets/rings/accessories…

I imagine those chain events will be next to impossible now…

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Only thing that lagged me was the Fire Elemental spawning. I did just about every world event yesterday for the chest.

That lag was scary intense I tell you what.

PS: Loot from Megadestroyer and Giant Wurm was terrible. Maybe just bad luck.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Graybes.8251

Graybes.8251

Yeah the lag is terrible on Jade Quarry as well. I lost out on two dragons yesterday because the spell cast lag was so bad it wasn’t registering any of my hits so I didn’t get any credit. I’ve never had this happen before and I’ve been in areas with tons and tons of people. This last patch definitely messed something up. Usually in areas with tons of people you would get some fps issues but this isn’t even that….Events are lagging, dragons are lagging and getting stuck, when I move it doesn’t look like I’m lagging but it takes like 10 seconds for me to cast a spell.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Gakesupo.4152

Gakesupo.4152

Yesterday on gandara, we were fighting Jormag and announcing it in guild chat. There were so many people that some guildies went to overflow and couldn’t fight the dragon.

I hope the popularity dies down soon.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: OdinBudd.5298

OdinBudd.5298

The lag on TC yesterday seems to be exactly what you all are describing. Until recently, I never had any issues with lag, and it did not matter what the size of the groups were. Maybe I’m not seeing the true # of people there now, but I could not use any skills, only auto attack.

Fix this. Nothing kills a game faster than an unplayable laggy experience.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

This is a really big problem. People are getting on overflows and the lag is so massive, sometimes I know I attack but there won’t come any dmg numbers.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

I think this lag is highly connected with the so called “Dragon Hunters”.
People guest servers to complete the dragon and other events, for the sake of getting more loot. Why people would do this is beyond me. But there HAS to be a solution for this and it has to come fast.
The events are unplayable. It’s very simply put, but its the truth. I can’t use a single skill.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

A lot of people are not getting this, but the lag from dragon fight is caused by people server hopping to kill drag for nearly 100% change of rares.

Personally, the only way to fix it imo is to make it once per account per meta boss per reset and then bump up the loot the exotic, to minimize server hoping. People with more than 2+ characters are going to be hoping to maximize the boss skills.

Another possibility is the reduce the amount of people on the maps with popular meta events, but I still think the my first idea is better and rewards players for killing the dragons and makes it worthwhile.

added: another possibility is the synchronize all the bosses on all the NA/EU server, as to minimize all server hoppers like me.

Until, then I personally don’t mind hoping servers for a good chance for rares. Actually, the game has devolved into me doing just that, sadly.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Enigma.8461

Enigma.8461

Lag because of massive amounts of people playing after a new patch, No way!?1/!?!?!11111111

It’s almost like every other MMO in the history of gaming hasn’t had lag issues on a new patch.

You only get one kill per day, try doing it when it’s not primetime.

Instance servers maxed in one central location on the first day of new patch will cause lag, get with the program people.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

There’s high latency and terrible framerate during these events.
My gpu tends to run at full speed in graphic heavy areas but it doesn’t during these events.

I’d say this has nothing to do with your computer.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Capt Harlock.5483

Capt Harlock.5483

/e: won’t be able to complete my monthly because it’s unplayable, no way to complete a dungeon. Which sucks.

Are you having super lag in a Dungeon?
—Seeing how Dungeons are a closed event, not a world event where there could be 100+ people there. which is what this topic is about.

This might be happening because of your system not because of a game update. If you are running the game on high settings and don’t have the hardware to really support it. How is that Anet’s fault? If you have poor bandwidth and your playing over wireless. How is that Anet’s fault?

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

They’ve always been a lagfest for me. Really, did no one have lag at those things before this patch? Ever?

Dragon fights and lag

Graybes.8251

They’ve always been a lagfest for me. Really, did no one have lag at those things before this patch? Ever?

I rarely had lag at huge events events and when I did I would notice choppiness in my framerate and it would actually feel like I was lagging normally. This is just massive spell lag and event lag. By event lag I mean dragons themselves are lagging, getting stuck, disappearing and such. I press a button to activate a spell and it doesn’t happen for 10 seconds.

Dragon fights and lag

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I rarely had lag at huge events events and when I did I would notice choppiness in my framerate and it would actually feel like I was lagging normally. This is just massive spell lag and event lag. By event lag I mean dragons themselves are lagging, getting stuck, disappearing and such. I press a button to activate a spell and it doesn’t happen for 10 seconds.

I know, that was what happened to me before this patch as well. In that regard, the patch did not change anything for me. Maybe it was because my server is one of the more crowded ones?

Dragon fights and lag

Graybes.8251

What server are you on? Because I recently joined Jade Quarry and whenever there is massive lag at a dragon everyone and my guild mates complain about it and say it’s never happened like this before. The blame is being put on guesting.

Dragon fights and lag

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Desolation (EU)

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

The lag has made the ENTIRE game UNPLAYABLE!!!!

I was trying to do a heart last night on my own (nobody else there) and every key press took 2-3 seconds to register!

Then I went to WvW and it was worse of course. I shall stop calling this game Guild Wars 2, until it is fixed I will call it Lag Wars 2.

I wonder how ESOL will run the mega servers and if they will have any issues like we’re getting in this game? Something I’ll be watching very closely…

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

Reading this thread reminds me of the Karka events. Boy, those were the days. Haven’t tried the dragons out yet, but I bet the lag would be terrible for High servers. Are medium or low population servers experience lag as well?

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

The one chest per character should be for all servers, not just the one you finished it on.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

This game is an engineering miracle. Believe me.

It were the designers who failed to create events that wouldn’t be zergfests.

Leman

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I seem to be getting crazy lag on the traps boss encounter in AC path 2.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

The one chest per character should be for all servers, not just the one you finished it on.

Apparently, it is…

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Apparently, it is…

I seem to be hearing otherwise on these forums. People have been saying that people are hopping from server to server to get the chests more than once. Is this not the case?

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

Apparently, it is…

I seem to be hearing otherwise on these forums. People have been saying that people are hopping from server to server to get the chests more than once. Is this not the case?

Well, that’s what I originally thought and it would certainly help explain the population explosions around event times, but posts I’ve seen (though admittedly not from staff) have said that they are one per character globally. I haven’t tried server hopping to test it personally.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Boingboing.4019

Boingboing.4019

I think this lag is highly connected with the so called “Dragon Hunters”.
People guest servers to complete the dragon and other events, for the sake of getting more loot. Why people would do this is beyond me. But there HAS to be a solution for this and it has to come fast.
The events are unplayable. It’s very simply put, but its the truth. I can’t use a single skill.

People do this cause more loot is more loot. That Arenanet did not have the foresight to realise that people love the easy option, Dragon Hunters would not have appeared.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

With the latest patch, culling became worse than before, i can’t even load everyone in la, and mind u..i can play Crysis 3 in HD on maxed settings with 50 fps.

Engine optimization is just soo bad, and thats olny dx9!

Dragon fights and lag

Iruwen.3164

Are you having super lag in a Dungeon?
—Seeing how Dungeons are a closed event, not a world event where there could be 100+ people there. which is what this topic is about.

This might be happening because of your system not because of a game update. If you are running the game on high settings and don’t have the hardware to really support it. How is that Anet’s fault? If you have poor bandwidth and your playing over wireless. How is that Anet’s fault?

You’re making assumptions about other people’s systems and connections. Many players actually know a lot about computers.
Anyway, the current lag problem, at least as far as German players are concerned, is probably caused by the recurrence of routing/peering problems that had already been solved some time ago. I switched from DSL to UMTS (mobile tethering) and the problems were gone, most people I talked to were using DTAG/Swisscom connections. There’s already a long thread about this in the German forums:
https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Laggs-und-Disconnects-Telekom-Kunden/first
I didn’t have any problems thursday morning though, not sure if there’s a second problem caused by the latest patch.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

The only one that lagged for me was the Claw of Jormag. Since yesterday, the other two dragons are even worse than I have ever encountered on Jormag, while I never had problems with those two dragons.

Dragon fights and lag

Iruwen.3164

Btw., was the Jormag fight changed or did this also happen because of lag? In phase two, he didn’t spawn any ice crystal or veterans yesterday, he was just standing still for the whole duration until he was killed.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Lag is not the game. Lag is your connection, your CPU, your RAM, you Graphics card… trying to keep up. If you’re going into a world event, change your graphics to the lowest setting. When you’re done, change it back.

let the flaming begin.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Circling Skies.1872

Circling Skies.1872

Same for us on SoS server. I had a lot of guildies come help me do the Megadestroyer, not only for the chest, I think its a fun and exciting event. We killed him and most players only got blues and nothing else. Some were quite mad, I was disappointed by the reward but had fun killing the monster.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

What server are you on? Because I recently joined Jade Quarry and whenever there is massive lag at a dragon everyone and my guild mates complain about it and say it’s never happened like this before. The blame is being put on guesting.

It is guesting because I am constantly seeing in chat “xxx up in xxx server” right after the event finishes on my server (Which I am usually stuck in the overflow for if I did not get there an hour before spawn). This needs to be fixed.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Avatar.1923

Same for us on SoS server. I had a lot of guildies come help me do the Megadestroyer, not only for the chest, I think its a fun and exciting event. We killed him and most players only got blues and nothing else. Some were quite mad, I was disappointed by the reward but had fun killing the monster.

you are minorty.
most player play only for the best possible rewards at this point.
the hamster wheel is in full effect.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Most of the problem will go away when they ban the guesting exploiters.

Dragon fights and lag

Ruprect.7260

This^^^^

Getting another chest by guesting, I dont think is intended.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This^^^^

Getting another chest by guesting, I dont think is intended.

Yeah I don’t know how anyone could think:

Oh man Anet only wants us to get 1 chest/char/day

But hey if we use guesting we can get an unlimited number of chests per day!

Is something they intended.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Same problem exists in WvW stone mist castle fights when theres zerg vs zerg vs zerg with 50+ people each. Its horrible.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Dragon fights and lag

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

So much lag at events that a few times I wasn’t able to get skills to activate and didn’t cause enough damage to even get a chest reward and not being able to do event again because of the chest nerf not letting you get a chest because of the once a day dictation.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Dragon fights and lag

Ruprect.7260

So much lag at events that a few times I wasn’t able to get skills to activate and didn’t cause enough damage to even get a chest reward and not being able to do event again because of the chest nerf not letting you get a chest because of the once a day dictation.

I have not been able to activate a skill at a world event since the patch, if I am lucky enough to get there and not be in the overflow.

[TC] Tarnished Coast