Dragonball = Zero fun

Dragonball = Zero fun

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sparetent.9756

Sparetent.9756

I tried a couple of rounds to try get the achievements for this. I understand the game and mechanics, yet am amazed how as soon as I spawn, I’m almost 1shot by enemy opponents. Literally every 1v1 was me losing 100% HP versus the enemy losing 15% HP.

Both times, my team was so useless we were literally being spawn camped. Why don’t you just give us NO skills and make us stand there and die repeatedly? It’s no different!

Needless to say, I won’t be wasting my time on this nonsense for the achis.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Don’t play if it is not fun?

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

A PvP festival? Yup.
PvP festival with no comeback mechanics and shoddy collision/aim detection? Yup.
Zero fun.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I tried a couple of rounds to try get the achievements for this. I understand the game and mechanics, yet am amazed how as soon as I spawn, I’m almost 1shot by enemy opponents. Literally every 1v1 was me losing 100% HP versus the enemy losing 15% HP.

Both times, my team was so useless we were literally being spawn camped. Why don’t you just give us NO skills and make us stand there and die repeatedly? It’s no different!

A PvP festival? Yup.
PvP festival with no comeback mechanics and shoddy collision/aim detection? Yup.
Zero fun.

Yea, I don’t find it fun most of the time. I just go in a couple of times and try to get the daily. I never try for anything but the daily in this festival because Dragonball is too painful.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

It is a symptom of the bigger issue, which is Anet’s “launch and leave it be” approach to reoccurring content.

I’m all for new stuff, but that shouldn’t give them a pass on supporting the old stuff as well. Dragonball was in the same state last year – players asked for changes – and nothing happened. Toypocalypse was the same with people asking to be able to enter in guild or friend groups. Year-to-year, no change – its obviously intended as filler and to allow devs to say “look we gave you something new.”

And, of course, there are guild missions, which were added to the game and haven’t been touched (in terms of new PVE content) in almost 4 years now, despite implementation of an “easy to update” system with HOT.

It often feels like Anet is only interested in implementing “headliner” content that can be touted outside the game to try and entice new players – while virtually ignoring standing or reoccuring content that really needs ongoing developer attention/support.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

It is the worst mini game in GW – and that’s saying something.

SBI

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

As someone who doesn’t PvP at all, I won’t be bothering with Dragonball. I have more important things to do, like dailes, gathering, standing in the middle of Rata Sum and chatting it up with others…

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I play 2 games a day for the daily, during which I work on the non-repeatable, non-daily festival achievements. Which means that all I do is run around chasing health globes and occasionally try to interrupt someone. Suffice to say that I have little value to my team.

It takes far too long to get any reward for winning, so I don’t bother trying. Also, running around dodging attacks and trying to make it to the next health globe is a far more entertaining for me personally than actually playing the game as intended.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

Yes this festival poorly done, but look at it this way, its a good indication that they are planning good.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

PvP aspect is fine, but it just has bad desing and it’s poorly balanced.

You can just hope that you are in the good team.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You cannot be one-shotted except for if someone has the damage booster and the #2 skill.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Friend of mine just played Dragon Ball for his first time yesterday.. already has 30+ wins.. and about 3 losses.. he’s been carrying everyone over 80% of the time.

He’s addicted -_-

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think its quite fun. One time when I joined I was placed in a game that had already started and we were down by 200 points and that was annoying (but we still managed to win anyway), but the game itself is enjoyable.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t PvP, at all. But, I do find the Snowball one at Wintersday and Dragon Ball during Lunar New Year rather enjoyable. At least enough to do the simpler achievements. =)

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

3 of us just spent 15 minutes in the arena with nobody else joining!

Then we had a 2v2 and nobody else joined.

At least we had a nice chat when nothing was happening, which ironically goes along with Dragon Ball, but you know….

Anyhow, the best way to deal with it is just to tell people to stick together and run in circles. But then again that summarize like most of this game already. :p

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

The snowball fight PvP minigame in Wintersday is a lot of fun. I also really enjoy Dragon Ball, even though most people don’t. If you don’t have fun with it, don’t play it. As many have already stated, the rewards are not great for DB so it’s really only there to play if you enjoy it.

I will absolutely agree that it would be nice if Anet had a couple of people dedicated to tweaking and revamping festival content year round, but if it doesn’t fit within their budget constraints then I’m supportive of their “launch and leave it be” stance. There are way more important things for them to be working on than content that is entirely temporary. Each festival is here for 3 weeks per year. If Anet doesn’t have the extra staff to devote to this content, I’d rather they not stretch themselves too thin.

The current release schedule they’ve been adhering to over the last six months has been awesome, in my opinion, and I’d rather they not risk that by trying to make festivals amazing. And after having typed that, I’m sad to admit to myself that GW2 festivals aren’t really amazing to me anymore since there’s nothing new, but I stand by my previous thoughts.

Substantial and permanent content is more important to me. Just my opinion, though.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Felt like WvW to me. Blobs floating around in sync focusing targets down.

It might be easier if you try to follow around an ally and focus his target, then the rest of your team does too, but obviously with random groups that’s dependent on the competency of the random people you get teamed with. But because it’s random you should in theory win and lose roughly equal over time since you’re just as likely to get grouped with good players as the other team. At the lowest level is just boils down to another grind.

For the record I found it boring too, and don’t plan on playing it again.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Sometimes I find it really fun. Those are the times when my team knows what it’s doing, sticks together, and properly focuses down the other side.

Other times, like tonight, it sucks so badly I actually get put off playing GW2. I went in for my 2 sessions for the daily, with a vague intent of sticking it out if I got some wins, only to be mostly on understrength teams that were up against a team sticking together. My team got 0 points despite having no afkers. I was doing my best to gather my power ups and stick with at least one team mate but nothing worked and it was far too one sided.

I would have found it almost as bad to be on a winning team against a 0 score, but at least that would have advanced me towards 10 wins. As it is, in 5 rounds played I have 0 wins, 2 interrupts, 1 stealth, and 100 points health healed, and nice as the AP would be from the achieves I don’t have the heart to go for them. I got them in previous years anyway.

I’m not a pvper. I’m willing to pvp when I must, but I want an even match when I do. So no, tonight I was firmly on the zero fun side of Dragonball opinion.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Ayrilana.1396

It’s impossible to provide an even match with random people joining and leaving for every match. They could do MMR but that’s pointless for a holiday activity. It’s going to be like this for any PvP activity including the Wintersday one. It’s a bit strange though as the issue is exactly the same for the Wintersday one and yet there are people praising that one over Dragonball. Just saw that in map chat earlier.

In the end, decide whether it’s fun for you or not. If it’s not fun then don’t do it. Pretty simple. If you feel that you have to do it in order to chase some AP, and feel miserable for doing something you don’t enjoy, there’s really only one person to blame.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Just do what I do

Most people are in there just trying to get the acehivements also, so at the start I just go “you guys wanna just farm the achievements?” Usually a good number of people do. I’ve had a couple of rooms already where everyone just did that, made it so much easier.

When u got the entire team stacked up attacking the wall, u can get multiple interrupts at once, and you can run around getting the heals without worry about dying.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I fondly remember the good old Dragonball Arena in GW1, as well as all the other cool festival events and quests you could participate in.

GW2 has certainly not implemented any of those fun things into its Canthan New Year festival. What a shame. Boring indeed.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I decided to give Dragonball a go again this year, as I have done in past years, and to my surprise there was literally no one else in my map. It was there saying “Waiting for players…” and no one else joined.

It was like this for 4 maps and the 5th one I actually found someone to trade AP’s with while we watched the timer count down.

Zero fun? How about zero players. I feel like this event has turned people off and some have boycotted it altogether. Not to mention the horrendous lag that I keep getting in these maps, even with 2 people in the map, my skill acquisition, skill activation and leaps are latent by about 2 seconds every time. I’m in Australia and on a much better connection than the one I did have, and even now it’s still the same shocking lag I experienced these past years.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

or they could make a better minigame….cuz this one really is boring

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

or they could make a better minigame….cuz this one really is boring

or if people don’t play they look at their metrics and change the thing?

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Here are some tips. Don’t get too close because of kick and fire stomp. Dodge the big blasts. Save a dodge in case a big blast is coming. And never shoot at an enemy standing in a big whorl because all damage will be inflicted to you

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Achievements for this one are a bit irritating. Interrupt is too iffy, and getting powerups is a pain (there were games where i was camping middle and no boost appeared for the whole game)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Friend of mine just played Dragon Ball for his first time yesterday.. already has 30+ wins.. and about 3 losses.. he’s been carrying everyone over 80% of the time.

He’s addicted -_-

Goku?

Dragonball = Zero fun

Ayrilana.1396

Achievements for this one are a bit irritating. Interrupt is too iffy, and getting powerups is a pain (there were games where i was camping middle and no boost appeared for the whole game)

Power ups spawn at specific time intervals.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

I tried playing this last night, and I have to agree, I find the game to be lacking in “fun”.
Added to that, are the small number of rewards for the event itself, and there really isn’t much point to playing it unless you really enjoy it.
I still liked finding the fireworks, still like the decorations in Divinity’s Reach. I still like the event. I just don’t like the mini-game. Maybe they should add another? Some kind of luck/chance mini-game, maybe?
As it is, for the past two years this event has been a day-long event for me. Find fireworks, buy backpieces from TP, go back to what I was doing before.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

I dunno , i love it ! I even find it far mroe fun than pvp , mainly coz its based on reflexes and actual play more than some passive traits or good/bad balanced skills.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

I played it a few times last year, haven’t even bothered this year. Terrible.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Played 2 games on two accounts twice now. Each day I get a most kills and a fewest kills score. Thing is, I’m not doing anything different, ever. I am also absolutely convinced I’ve been one shotted from full health and only one player in range.

It seems the most important skill requirement is being lucky.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Abraxxus.8971

Abraxxus.8971

The problem I have noticed now with this is players zoning into a match, getting put on the losing team, then immediately leaving to go find another match. This keeps going until they get put on a winning team.

Dragonball = Zero fun

ArchonWing.9480

It’s impossible to provide an even match with random people joining and leaving for every match. They could do MMR but that’s pointless for a holiday activity. It’s going to be like this for any PvP activity including the Wintersday one. It’s a bit strange though as the issue is exactly the same for the Wintersday one and yet there are people praising that one over Dragonball. Just saw that in map chat earlier.

In the end, decide whether it’s fun for you or not. If it’s not fun then don’t do it. Pretty simple. If you feel that you have to do it in order to chase some AP, and feel miserable for doing something you don’t enjoy, there’s really only one person to blame.

When the Arena cannot even get a full game at 5:30 PM PST with two tries , then I think the problem isn’t merely imagined. People really don’t like it.

It’s no longer a problem with getting fairly matched games— it’s a problem with getting a game period.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Dragonball = Zero fun

Ayrilana.1396

When the Arena cannot even get a full game at 5:30 PM PST with two tries , then I think the problem isn’t merely imagined. People really don’t like it.

It’s no longer a problem with getting fairly matched games— it’s a problem with getting a game period.

People don’t like it? I’m sure some don’t which can be said about anything. It’s also a big exaggeration to claim that there isn’t a full game at 5:30PM. It’s just that at that point in time, there isn’t enough players to fill up every single active game. This can happen at all times and regardless of the popularity.

Dragonball = Zero fun

ArchonWing.9480

People don’t like it? I’m sure some don’t which can be said about anything. It’s also a big exaggeration to claim that there isn’t a full game at 5:30PM. It’s just that at that point in time, there isn’t enough players to fill up every single active game. This can happen at all times and regardless of the popularity.

It’s what happened. I’m not saying there wasn’t any full games as there’s no way to know that nor do I care; I’m saying that the game was unable to provide me with a full game during peak hours and that’s pretty bad.

We waited 15 minutes in limbo—3 people in 1 game, and then the next game really wasn’t any better. Finally, 2 more people joined. Sure this can happen at any time, but during prime time hours when the event’s out for a few days and there’s an AP chase?

Logged on earlier today for 3 games, not a single one was full.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Ayrilana.1396

It’s what happened. I’m not saying there wasn’t any full games as there’s no way to know that nor do I care; I’m saying that the game was unable to provide me with a full game during peak hours and that’s pretty bad.

We waited 15 minutes in limbo—3 people in 1 game, and then the next game really wasn’t any better. Finally, 2 more people joined. Sure this can happen at any time, but during prime time hours when the event’s out for a few days and there’s an AP chase?

So you see no difference between the following:

• 1 full game and 1 game with 5 players
  • 100 full games and 1 game with 5 players
  • 1,000 full games and 1 game with 5 players

The thing that I mentioned before is that you will not always have games that are 100% full. Now, the odds of that happening are fairly low with people. Oming and going but it’s not out of the realm of possibility. Just because you experienced less than 100% full matches doesn’t mean that the activity is broken or people have lost interest. You will not find exactly enough players to have every game available 100% at every given time whether that be during peak hours or off hours.

Dragonball = Zero fun

ArchonWing.9480

And what did I say that suggests the 3 are equal, considering the part in bold? Besides that, that would be meaningless speculation to discuss anything that one isn’t involved in. I’ve already clarified that “cannot get a full game” sounded a bit ambiguous which is why I added the addition words “for me”, even though logically speaking that should have been obvious.

I’m here to deliver my anecdote, and if you have actual observations that counter it, that’s fine. If you want a semantics game, then no thanks.

As for the rest, I don’t care either. All I know is the 3-4 people that wasted their time in an empty room waiting for people to come aren’t going to come back any time soon. If that’s not worth discussing, then that’s fine.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Ayrilana.1396

And what did I say that suggests the 3 are equal, considering the part in bold? Besides that, that would be meaningless speculation to discuss anything that one isn’t involved in. I’ve already clarified that “cannot get a full game” sounded a bit ambiguous which is why I added the addition words “for me”, even though logically speaking that should have been obvious.

I’m here to deliver my anecdote, and if you have actual observations that counter it, that’s fine. If you want a semantics game, then no thanks.

As for the rest, I don’t care either. All I know is the 3-4 people that wasted their time in an empty room waiting for people to come aren’t going to come back any time soon. If that’s not worth discussing, then that’s fine.

It’s the fact that you seem to think that there’s something wrong that you cannot be provided a full match. You claim that there’s an issue that when you managed to get a couple games that were not full and then equated that to the game not being very popular. I provided examples showing that you’re reasoning has flaws.

Unless you want Anet to have AI bots running around to fill in for open spots when the total number of players playing the activity do not completely fill 100% of all active matches then you’re going to have issues in all activities like this. Anet cannot miraculously create real players to put into your instance if they don’t exist or if they’re being put into other instances that need players first.

There’s also the possibility that the instance got bugged which has happened for the Wintersday ones before. This bug really has nothing to do with the quality of the activity itself or its popularity though.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Dragonball = Zero fun

ArchonWing.9480

Yes, I do expect to be given a speedy and full game during Prime Time hours after a new event has been released and people are generally expected to chase achievements. I thought I was semi-reasonable not expecting that at night. I think it’s an issue, yes.

that apparently that equates to me demanding that AI run bots or employees run with me. Real players preferred!

Oh, and I never commented on the actual quality of the activity. But you know, I might think that players aren’t too happy about this. This thread, and ones like it that pop up every year.

Besides, if I wanted to be pedantic, as long as I count 3 complaints, that would constitute people.

Whatever.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Probably because people remember how bad the event is and would rather not do it even for the AP (myself included) another reason could be because it is not profitable and I am seeing more often than not people only interested in profitable stuff in the game now (like AB meta exploit)

but the whole event never felt like they put much effort into it like halloween or wintersday so this is the result, not sure what Anet and as Anet are a “drop it then drop it” kinda game then unless it is their expansion or the CS it won’t get much if any love.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Jitsuryoku.9038

Jitsuryoku.9038

Profit aside, the only reason people do that is dailies. I don’t know why people defend the mini game. If it was polished it would be okay, but now it feels like it like a game in beta stages, that looks like gw2 and has been built on unsuitable engine.

Even the feel of the game aside, it gives you a 50:50 chance to win (random and not really skill/coordination based). Games are never full and the team with 1 more player wins. To add to that problem, losers get nothing, so losing team members quit matches making it EVEN HARDER to win.

(edited by Jitsuryoku.9038)

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Rule No1: always move
Rule No2: Pick up boosters and use them well
Rule No3: Seek health
Rule No4: Group up, and focus down enemies 1 by 1
Rule No5: Predict enemy movements

simple, but not many people get it

If im alone i seek out allies, i usually have about 10-15 kills every match and a k/d ratio of 2/3:1

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

One of the most boring minigames ive played ever. Took me less then 3min to step out and never look back.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

This has been my first time in game for Lunar New Year, first couple of days I found dragon ball quite fun, but I think I must have just lucked out as the teams and matches seemed quite close and balanced.

Today though I’ve given up on trying to do the 5 wins daily, I’ve just been stuck with awful teams for about 15 games in a row now, half the time I was on a team of 2 v 5 because people quit out early as soon as the other team had a lead of more than 60 points!

No others joined either so the matches remained unbalanced, how the hell are you meant to win when that happens? Even going back to DR then back into new matches this happened. I can’t see myself bothering with more than the play 2 daily matches from now on, annoying as I want wins for tokens to buy more envelopes during the event, but it’s just not enjoyable like this.

Also to be honest I’m a little disappointed the Lunar event isn’t more of a thing, basically there’s two Chinese style gate buildings, a few lanterns between them and that’s all. Seems kinda empty and half hearted really, at least pack out the rest of Crown Pavilion with some Chinese style market stalls with unique food vendors or something to give a bit of atmosphere to things.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I can’t be kitten d to even bother with this boring festival, which is the same as last year, and the year after that and ... same as Wintersday.... Halloween... oh wait.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

No client side jump pads yet = fail.

Latency issues still gives some players advantages….

Can still be a fun game tho but grinding out some of those achieves can be a pain (yes I am looking at you interrupt!).

Ps does anyone know when it ends? I can’t seem to find the info anywhere.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Sensei Hoisen.9821

Sensei Hoisen.9821

If you don’t like Dragon Ball, at least it usually goes quickly so you can get the 2 rounds and get your daily. Though that jump-pad at the beginning is annoying.

I too found the snowball fight for Wintersday more enjoyable. Everyone kinda goes to the middle and dukes it out.

Yeah, also disappointed LNY isn’t more. It has a cool feel to it and people were telling me all about Cantha in the map chat (I didn’t play GW1). Kinda feel like that after 2 nearby holiday festivals that people are tired of them?

Still, like all the fireworks!

Dragonball = Zero fun

Ayrilana.1396

If you don’t like Dragon Ball, at least it usually goes quickly so you can get the 2 rounds and get your daily. Though that jump-pad at the beginning is annoying.

I too found the snowball fight for Wintersday more enjoyable. Everyone kinda goes to the middle and dukes it out.

Yeah, also disappointed LNY isn’t more. It has a cool feel to it and people were telling me all about Cantha in the map chat (I didn’t play GW1). Kinda feel like that after 2 nearby holiday festivals that people are tired of them?

I wish they had quests and scavenger hunts like in GW1. Special minis and masks that become available each year would be great too. This would at least give those players that dislike PvP activities something else to do in order to participate in the holiday events.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

I wish they had quests and scavenger hunts like in GW1. Special minis and masks that become available each year would be great too. This would at least give those players that dislike PvP activities something else to do in order to participate in the holiday events.

the problem is that they don’t see beyond WoW quests and forgot how GW1 quests did, i wish for quests too but don’t hold your breath…..