Dragonball = Zero fun

Dragonball = Zero fun

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I used to play Dragonball a lot and loved it. Now I have a shoulder injury and can’t really play, but I see these complaints every year and I don’t get it. It’s certainly among my favorite minigames in Guild Wars 2.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

And this is the embodiment of what’s wrong with the game.

People wanting rewards for Losing.

Obviously the poorly designed content isn’t the problem. Blame the customer!

You obviously missed the entire point of the post you quoted if that’s your takeaway.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

And this is the embodiment of what’s wrong with the game.

People wanting rewards for Losing.

Obviously the poorly designed content isn’t the problem. Blame the customer!

You obviously missed the entire point of the post you quoted if that’s your takeaway.

Let’s see it’s the most balanced thing in game…. perfect skill balance, no class has any advantages vs any other it all comes down to coordination and player skill.

The players leaving match and afking isn’t a design flaw of Anet it’s a flaw of players.

So you asking for rewards for losing is just hilarious, and exemplifies what is wrong with the player base of the game.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

A reward for losing… mmm…

Maybe they should start more conventional, with, I don’t know… perhaps a reward for winning?

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Malvagite.3254

Malvagite.3254

This must be one of the worst gaming experiences Ive ever been exposed to.

I cant possibly see how it wouldnt be better for the game to just deactivate this mess or remove the achievements tied to it.

Downright horrible.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Malvagite.3254

Malvagite.3254

Let’s see it’s the most balanced thing in game…. perfect skill balance, no class has any advantages vs any other it all comes down to coordination and player skill.

Yeah, this is where you are totally wrong.

Its not remotely balanced. The team ahead in kills retains all of their skills and upgrades and has free time during respawns to collect orbs at will.

The team that loses the initial group fight comes back with nothing save an autoattack and lack of knowledge of what healing orbs are available for pick up.

The game is designed to be an unrecoverable snowball effect and thats why people quit when behind by 60-80 pts.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

It’s a bit strange though as the issue is exactly the same for the Wintersday one and yet there are people praising that one over Dragonball. Just saw that in map chat earlier.

People are complaining more with Dragonball than Winsterday’s mini pvp game because of the achievements. As you said, both have the same flaws, but Dragonball have more greedy achievements tied to it; some of these achievements are pure luck because of the bad matchmaking system.

I, personally, really like these mini games, but can’t stand the system at all. So, unfortunately, I don’t play dragonball in particular. Knowing you are actually winning the game but you are swapped 5 seconds before the end is totally unfair.

I prefer losing winsterday’s pvp game because there is almost nothing to win with it, and it’s way less frustrating to lose a match because of it.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s a bit strange though as the issue is exactly the same for the Wintersday one and yet there are people praising that one over Dragonball. Just saw that in map chat earlier.

People are complaining more with Dragonball than Winsterday’s mini pvp game because of the achievements. As you said, both have the same flaws, but Dragonball have more greedy achievements tied to it; some of these achievements are pure luck because of the bad matchmaking system.

I, personally, really like these mini games, but can’t stand the system at all. So, unfortunately, I don’t play dragonball in particular. Knowing you are actually winning the game but you are swapped 5 seconds before the end is totally unfair.

I prefer losing winsterday’s pvp game because there is almost nothing to win with it, and it’s way less frustrating to lose a match because of it.

None of the achievements are pure luck and hardly any are greedy. In case you didn’t know, being swapped 5 seconds before the end will still give you a win.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Khyan.7039

None of the achievements are pure luck and hardly any are greedy. In case you didn’t know, being swapped 5 seconds before the end will still give you a win.

It is, at least when you enter a game where you are automatically in the team losing with people leaving/enter & repeat because they see that they can’t win due to being outnumbered.
Happens to me everytime I try to enter a game. then it happens during two-three games and since people are leaving you are never 5vs5 and always outnumbered by the enemy.
The achievements can be done fast or slowly depending of your luck with the matchmaking.
You can’t predict if you will be 1vs1 or 4vs5 or anything.

It’s frustrating.

Last year I almost never had this issue for some reasons, so I guess I was lucky with the matchmaking system.

I personally think the achievements shouldn’t have been there other than maybe some rewards judging your personal score. Without the achievements, the defeat shouldn’t be as much frustrating.
I play the winsterday’s pvp mini game a lot and as far as I know there is not that much rewards from doing it.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Dragonball = Zero fun

Ayrilana.1396

It is, at least when you enter a game where you are automatically in the team losing with people leaving/enter & repeat because they see that they can’t win due to being outnumbered.
Happens to me everytime I try to enter a game. then it happens during two-three games and since people are leaving you are never 5vs5 and always outnumbered by the enemy.
The achievements can be done fast or slowly depending of your luck with the matchmaking.

It’s frustrating.

Last year I almost never had this issue for some reasons, so I guess I was lucky with the matchmaking system.

I personally think the achievements shouldn’t have been there other than the one that gives rewards after 10 wins. Without the achievements, the defeat shouldn’t be as much frustrating.
I play the winsterday’s pvp mini game a lot and as far as I know there is not that much rewards from doing it.

The only achievement that would be based on luck, if you considered getting into a “winning team” at the start as luck, would be for the 10 wins. None of the others require you to have a winning team. Neither do the ease of doing them depend on whether you’re in a winning team.

If you want to win then be proactive and organize the team so everyone plays together. You’ll have much better luck this way than hoping to land on a team where someone is already doing this for you.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Khyan.7039

It’s frustrating.

I personally think the achievements shouldn’t have been there other than the one that gives rewards after 10 wins. Without the achievements, the defeat shouldn’t be as much frustrating.

The only achievement that would be based on luck, if you considered getting into a “winning team” at the start as luck, would be for the 10 wins.

I edited my post, it was a mistake. I think a reward depending of personal score is better. So even if you lose you can still win something because you are good in the game.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Ducky.8741

Ducky.8741

This event has run it’s course. It either needs a major overhaul or just needs to fade away. I love the Canthan feel, but this snowballs too badly, and has no chance for a rebound.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Jojo.6140

Jojo.6140

Dragonball is pretty much designed to be unfair and lopsided. Otherwise, everyone would have all the skills right away at the beginning instead of having to collect orbs, but as it is its not possible to win anymore if your team got wiped out. Might just aswell leave then and hope for a better match next time, at least if you are after the wins.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

It’s frustrating.

The only achievement that would be based on luck, if you considered getting into a “winning team” at the start as luck, would be for the 10 wins. None of the others require you to have a winning team. Neither do the ease of doing them depend on whether you’re in a winning team.

If you want to win then be proactive and organize the team so everyone plays together. You’ll have much better luck this way than hoping to land on a team where someone is already doing this for you.

Individual player behavior cannot salvage this activity. The last time I played it, the first game I joined, I joined the losing side at 460-40. At least it was over soon. The next game, several people joined and left on my team before the countdown had even completed. We started with 2 vs 4 and obviously got slaughtered in the early game. All the while, people that joined in immediately left, probably as soon as they saw the score. And that were my 2 games for the day.

At the very least this thing needs a dishonor debuff so there’s a decent chance to get into an actual match.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Ayrilana.1396

Dragonball is pretty much designed to be unfair and lopsided. Otherwise, everyone would have all the skills right away at the beginning instead of having to collect orbs, but as it is its not possible to win anymore if your team got wiped out. Might just aswell leave then and hope for a better match next time, at least if you are after the wins.

Teams are randomized. Everyone has to gather orbs to unlock those abilities. All abilities are lost when someone dies. It’s the same for everyone so it’s not really unfair and lopsided.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Ayrilana.1396

It’s frustrating.

Individual player behavior cannot salvage this activity. The last time I played it, the first game I joined, I joined the losing side at 460-40. At least it was over soon. The next game, several people joined and left on my team before the countdown had even completed. We started with 2 vs 4 and obviously got slaughtered in the early game. All the while, people that joined in immediately left, probably as soon as they saw the score. And that were my 2 games for the day.

At the very least this thing needs a dishonor debuff so there’s a decent chance to get into an actual match.

People coming and going can’t be controlled but that’s with all PvP activities.

If players would work together then they have a higher chance to succeed in this team activity. It’s not like it’s that difficult to ask players to stick together. Some may go off and do their own thing but that’s no different than someone doing the same in sPvP.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

Problems with Dragon Ball:

1) Matchmaking seems completely random. After a game where both teams were relatively evenly matched (400+ vs 500 as ending score) the top players from both teams ended up being lumped into the same team. Predictable blowout followed, with half of the losing team dropping half way through the match.

2) Snowballing matches – While I have seen games turned around, it is extremely uncommon. Most of the time once a team is decked on powerups while other one is not, the team with no powerups has almost no chances.

3) Team switching not encouraged at all. It offers 25 rank points (ha ha?) some sort of festival reward. Very obviously this has not been touched for a long time.

4) Achievement hunting in a time limited festival makes most of the people be more interested in getting their achieves instead of trying to win the games. What do I care if we win or lose? I will sit on the edge and wait for another stealth/quad damage powerup or run around in circles eating all health bubbles I can for the achieve.

5) Achievement requirements are out of whack. I have played normally for the first week trying to score wins. I came short on interrupts and severely short on healing. While first one was easily correctable, I am still 5000 health short of the last achieve. I am sure this is partly stemming from #4, but healing was an issue in previous years too.

In conclusion: I would kindly ask ANet to dedicate a couple of weeks of their development time to make this yearly festival more interesting. Even if you insist on making DB the centerpiece of it, please rebalance the activity and achievements to make it more fun for the players.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I think Dragonball is fun…

14.7 fun to be exact.

NSPride <3

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Griever.7480

Griever.7480

i just played a game where ppl didnt even bother doing anything anymore, it was just easier to let the autoport function move you to the battlefield and stand just to die to get the daily, forget about the other achis, same op team been dominating the field all the time, anet is going down in flames.

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Dragonball still reminds me of oldschool shooters, I have still some fun with it.
Then again, I don’t play to do dailies.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

One of the main problems is that people won’t report players who do not participate. So every day there’s people who ruin the fun of their party members by doing nothing excepting moving a little so they do not get kicked.

And when there’s an odd number of players, instead putting the extra player in spectate mode until more players come to make the teams even and giving the map priority to get another player, the extra player is left playing, outnumbering the other team.

And when teams are rebalanced, whoever volunteers and switches won’t get a win, and won’t get any desirable reward.

So matches often end uneven and unfair, and since activities do not punish leavers in any way, people leave matches as soon as it seems they are losing, which only makes things worse and may result in matches with 1-3 players.

If problems like those are not solved, the experience will only get worse.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Dragonball = Zero fun

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I think Dragonball is fun…

14.7 fun to be exact.

14.7 fun. How much is that in joy?