Dragonbash is only a month away !!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vincent Durheim.1947

Vincent Durheim.1947

Since Dragon Bash is only a month or so away (released on June 11th Last year), here are suggestions/ideas for the next coming Dragon Bash:

1. Dragon Ball:
Problem: Last year players joined in just to get the achievements, effective crippling game play for those that wanted to play for fun and/or competition
Suggestion: Take achievements out of dragon ball, or create achievements geared towards active and/or competitive play.

2. Dragon Holograms:
Problem: last year players had to compete for Dragon Holograms across multiple maps, one of the problems I kept reading about was “players don’t wait for other players to arrive” with the implementation of Megaserver this is likely to compound the problem of getting to a Dragon Hologram before it gets popped by someone else
Suggestion: Increase the spawn rate of Holograms and/or require a player to attack/destroy the holograms for the mobs to pop so it gives players more time to reach the target (similar to what was done with the energy probes during Scarlet Events).

3. Rich Dragon Coffers:
Problem: Last year they were only obtainable through the gem store, to compound the problem it was the only way to get a “Dragon’s Revelry Starcake”
Recipe. If i remember correctly several players were a little upset..
Suggestion: Allow basic dragon coffers to be traded for Rich dragon coffers, similarly to how trick or treat bags were traded during Halloween ! you can also sell them on the TP for those who with to be lazy about coffer farming.

Personal Suggestion/Request: Please add more food recipes for dragon bash this year or something to make use of all the Zhaitaffy, the starcakes were nice, but how about something like an Ice Cream ? mmmm Dragon Ball Ice Cream !!!!!
(makes me think of Mochi Ice Cream)

Personal Note: This was posted this early because I want to know others opinion, or ways to make Dragon Bash a better event !

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

I kinda suspect that a certain “special guest” is going to crash the party, tbh.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I thought Dragonbash was on July last year.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

How about we not re-use disposable temporary content?

Attachments:

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Dragonbash was an event hosted in LA, to commemorate victory over dragons. LA is no more. Holding a victory celebration in the middle of a field of ruins would not be very encouraging. Especially if the Mordremoth involvement gets out.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

So you’re opposed to Wintersday and the Mad King as well, hm?

Attachments:

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Posted by: southbeatz.2780

southbeatz.2780

I think this would be a perfect opportunity for Anet to do something new and make some sort of seasonal summer event in Southsun Cove since that place has not seen much attention since its release overall.

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I don’t recall seeing the mad king last year. Just the bloody prince.

Posted by: Vincent Durheim.1947

Vincent Durheim.1947

I thought Dragonbash was on July last year.

Per Wiki, was released June 11th

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

If anet skipped SAB on April Fool, i doubt we’ll see Dragonbash any time soon.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Hmmmm, given the lack of dragons in the game for the last year, don’t you think it ought to be…

….Scarletbash?

Oh wait…

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

great, i was wondering and asked Anet:

“since scarlet woke up another dragon would there be another dragon bash?”

no response, though i literally have nothing to do in the game atm. i’m getting quite bored since there hasn’t been anything.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: serapheles.5409

serapheles.5409

I think this would be a perfect opportunity for Anet to do something new and make some sort of seasonal summer event in Southsun Cove since that place has not seen much attention since its release overall.

+1 to this! I’m not sure what they should do with it, but I like that idea and the flavor behind going to an island in the summer.

The Random Number Gods are nothing if not predictable.
Crafting is designed for gear accessibility, not profit.

Posted by: Azure Fang.8605

Azure Fang.8605

+1 to this! I’m not sure what they should do with it, but I like that idea and the flavor behind going to an island in the summer.

Karkabash! Celebrating their first successful invasion of the mainland, the karka invite the human meat pinatas to their home in Southsun to be broken open by their queen!

(edited by Azure Fang.8605)

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Yes, at least Wintersday, too much Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V from last time around.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I personally am. Both were absolutely terrible and offered me no more than 1 hour of “new” activity.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There is a rather major difference though.
1: SAB was an April Fools joke.
2: SAB was released again during end of summer/fall.
3: Dragonbash was clearly stated to be a recurring festival.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Just guessing but I suspect a heavy Chinese influence on dragon bash this year, what with the timing and all…

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

+2 I really adore Soutshun Cove and would like to see more happening in there apart from Guild Missions and occassional Karka Zergfest.

Southsun should be new hub.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Weeeell. Wintersday had new achievements and slightly new twist to it than the first time, as did Halloween. So given we did not see the exact same achievements etc. for those I foresee that DragonBash will offer different ones than last year too, so it is not the exact same thing. A question of what Anet comes up with.

Here is me hoping that LA gets at least somewhat inhabital before then, I want LA back
And then I hope Zephyr Sanctum comes back too, that was way more fun for me than DragonBash.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

It´s time for permanent content, not another limited event.
2 years are over soon, and the content is nearly the same.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

It´s time for permanent content, not another limited event.
2 years are over soon, and the content is nearly the same.

While I agree that some permanent content is due, recuring events are good too, it would be wrong to remove Halloween or Wintersday and DragonBash goes into the same category, having those does not prevent permanent content.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’ve enjoyed recurring events in all games. The best of them add new things to do to the previous years activities.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I’m going to give you spoilers now. Deal with it: Dragon Bash starts → some evil plot takes place during the festival → some people are harmed → some mysterious mentor is discovered in the festival.

Please, be more original this time, let things happen from outside, in somewhere else since we got huge unused maps.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

SAB was never a april fools soly event. Expect next one in September right before school starts that seems to be where they placed that update.

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

I think there will be a dragonbash as a way to also celebrate China joining the game. I also think there will suddenly be a huge influx of content at the same time. The question is if its on a timer and how tight it is because that for me was the biggest fail with the LS, when they crammed loads of stuff into it at once. Two or three events or more could be running and you had two weeks to a month to do each but that overlapped and it was filled out by getting achievements such as 100 kills of this, twenty of that, doing a dodge at the right time.

Trying to get an achievement of getting a 100 kills brings us back to the old days of kill so many rats quests. The truth is achievements are there to make limited content seem moreish.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i enjoy dragons bash, it’s sad they didn’t leave at least 1 pinata throughout the year
it would be a good transitional update to have another dragons bash, some npc interaction and hints with what is going to happen to lion’s arch, there should be missions of having to go to and from the racial cities, they can put in dialogue of how some tyrians need the event and how others are reluctant with what happened from scarlet’s attacks, bring back the dragon forge, have ‘dizzy’ dragon helm moa racing..

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

I’m with WoodenPotatoes in thinking this years Dragon Bash will kick off season 2 Living Story. Can’t wait.

Totally agree with all the points you make about last year’s Dragon Bash OP. Kind of forgotten some of the annoying things that were going on during that (especially the race to steal hologram spawns, brought out a lot of bad in people). Pretty confident things will be better this year.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~