Dragonbashed feedback

Dragonbashed feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I won’t pump all how it’s bad or anything here, just the technical faults, so lets keep discussion civil. If you noticed any recurring bugs or weird decisions please post as such, and I will ammend the main topic list.

To anet; these points have been up for a long time, how come they have never been fixed, let alone adressed before?

Technical faults

1. Spawnpoint
You spawn in a little cabinet. Here you’re safe. To get out you have to jump out by a platform. This platform will sometimes not launch you high enough. As a result, it can ‘sometimes’ take long enough to get out that the kick system throws you out right between enemies.

2. Autotargetting and launch pads
It’s rather tricky to play this game without autotarget. Alas, if you have this system on, being launched by a launch pad activated the targetting, and you will be thrown in that direction. Meaning it’s near impossible to get on the middle platform when you have autotarget on.

3. Cutting corners and solid air
This seems to be a little debutable. Sometimes people fall down a ledge, then a thrown orb goes through the floor to hit the enemy. While in retrospect, when inside the tunnels, the person can be in clear view the entire time and the ball somehow be obstructed. It’s even possible to get obstructed inside the main field (down, center).

Gameplay Faults

1. Incentive
At it’s current model, there is little incentive to play seriously. You can abandon a losing game without any form of punishment, leaving your teammates to bake the burnt cake again. Maybe there should be a debuff of 10 minutes for people who opt out during games. (I mean, if they’re gonna quit normally, it won’t affect them, but if they ragequit, it will)

2. The “daily”
Play 2 games
Win 5 games
Doesn’t that sound weird?
They’re mutually involvive, meaning, you can’t get 5 wins without playing 2 games. In retrospect, winning 5 games can take from anywhere to 10-30 games. This design seems counterintuitive to me.
Win 2, play 5 seems much more logical to me.

3. I’m alone, I’m so sad on my own
I can’t play with friends
I can’t play with guildies
Why not? This game would be a lot more fun if you can have a team that actually communicates. I think dragonbash would be taken a lot more serious if you could join in with groups. I sometimes try to get in through luck.. never have we managed yet, well.. once.. on opposite teams

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Dragonbashed feedback

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

3. People would QQ so hard as they get facerolled by 5 man premade teams. Then anet would have to split solo and team queues to balance it out, which is too much effort for a minigame.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Dragonbashed feedback

Amaimon.7823

3. People would QQ so hard as they get facerolled by 5 man premade teams. Then anet would have to split solo and team queues to balance it out, which is too much effort for a minigame.

Do you think there would be that many? besides, it’s not pvp, everyone is equal in this minigame, so other than better communication you have no benefit. You can still play with friends and lose 10 times over

Dragonbashed feedback

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Do you think there would be that many? besides, it’s not pvp, everyone is equal in this minigame, so other than better communication you have no benefit. You can still play with friends and lose 10 times over

If everyone is equal then that means a 50% win rate. So that’s like ten games to reach the five wins. No idea why you went with 10-30 games.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Dragonbashed feedback

Amaimon.7823

If everyone is equal then that means a 50% win rate. So that’s like ten games to reach the five wins. No idea why you went with 10-30 games.

Because the playerbase isn’t 50/50 in skill
some people can win 80% of the games, some people win 10% of the games, so I went with 10-30 because 10’ is when you win 50/50 and 30’ is when you win 1 on 6

Dragonbashed feedback

Ayrilana.1396

some people can win 80% of the games, some people win 10% of the games, so I went with 10-30 because 10’ is when you win 50/50 and 30’ is when you win 1 on 6

You just said everyone is equal. If everyone is equal, wouldn’t that include skill? If people don’t have equal skill then how could they all be equal?

Dragonbashed feedback

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

2. The “daily”
Play 2 games
Win 5 games
Doesn’t that sound weird?
They’re mutually involvive, meaning, you can’t get 5 wins without playing 2 games. In retrospect, winning 5 games can take from anywhere to 10-30 games. This design seems counterintuitive to me.
Win 2, play 5 seems much more logical to me.

You’ve already answered this yourself.

You have to win 5 which means you’ll either stick with playing 2, win or lose, and abandon the 5 wins or play for at least 5 games to get 5 wins (or 10-30 games) which keeps Dragonball nice and populated at all hours.

Dragonbashed feedback

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think dragonbash would be taken a lot more serious if you could join in with groups.

I believe this is related to the reason why you can’t group in Tixx (Toycopacolypse). There were changes to the game made to stabilize PvP and some instances and those changes stopped the ability to group in certain activities.

Gaile Gray
ArenaNet Forum Communications Team Lead 

I just heard from the team about this, and it is an unfortunate but intended change. The alteration came about because code changes were required in order to stabilize PvP and some Instance Activities. According to one of our lead designers, the change cannot be revisited for this year’s release. Thanks for your understanding concerning this necessary adjustment

Bottom line: This was not a “choice.” This was not a decision made without thought, or carelessly, or in error. This was a necessary change that stabilized the game, for both PvP and Activities.
We understand that you would have preferred that this change not be made, but the cost of not making this change was too significant to let it slide. The change was necessary and as much as we regret any dissatisfaction that you may feel in relation to it, according to the designers it must remain in this state for this year’s release.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Dragonbashed feedback

Amaimon.7823

You just said everyone is equal. If everyone is equal, wouldn’t that include skill? If people don’t have equal skill then how could they all be equal?

Equal in oppertunities. Just like chess, everyone gets the exact same pieces to play with. Meaning you have only have yourself to blame and not the abilities make move combos or unique skills that others dont have

Dragonbashed feedback

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

I take it you didn’t play Guild Wars. Skilled players meeting up with VOIP and sync entering to join the same team and steamroll randoms was commonplace. It was hard enough on people who played that game. It would decimate the average team composed of players of this one.

You don’t know what “pvp” means.

Equal in oppertunities. Just like chess, everyone gets the exact same pieces to play with. Meaning you have only have yourself to blame

You are so out of touch with the social issues of team games that you should just stop talking now and go do some research.

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

(edited by Shayne Hawke.9160)

Dragonbashed feedback

Ayrilana.1396

I take it you didn’t play Guild Wars. Skilled players meeting up with VOIP and sync entering to join the same team and steamroll randoms was commonplace. It was hard enough on people who played that game. It would decimate the average team composed of players of this one.

Equal in oppertunities. Just like chess, everyone gets the exact same pieces to play with. Meaning you have only have yourself to blame

You are so out of touch with the social issues of team games that you should just stop talking now and go do some research.

You just sound like Trump who shouts ‘wroooong’ all the time without actually saying anything.
I’ve been playing this game since GW1 came out. If you have bad experiences, sorry for you, but the world isn’t all sad and grey for everyone

You just did the same thing. You just attacked what they said rather than counter it with an argument to show why you think that they were wrong.

Dragonbashed feedback

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

You just sound like Trump who shouts ‘wroooong’ all the time without actually saying anything.
I’ve been playing this game since GW1 came out. If you have bad experiences, sorry for you, but the world isn’t all sad and grey for everyone

You just did the same thing. You just attacked what they said rather than counter it with an argument to show why you think that they were wrong.

I don’t think it was fine to answer anyway. It should have been ignored. Someone saying “stop talking” don’t deserve to be counter-argumented.

Dragonbashed feedback

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

Some very good points there. The detection for clear / obstructed shots does need improving, often I’ve had a clear line of sight to an enemy on the same level as me and had the shot ‘obstucted’, while at the same time been hit by shots clipping through the edge of a floor from above or below.

In another thread on here I vented a little about the 5 wins daily being a nightmare be as people keep quiting out, so I fully agree something needs to be done here. For starters reversing the two to; win 2 games, play 5 games would make more sense.

But I think the penalty is definitely a good idea, as long as it’s something significant enough to actually put people off quitting matches. If it’s only a minor thing I don’t think it would deter people much. It really frustrates me that people quit out as soon as a team falls behind, like you say leaving the couple left with no hope, and frequently I’ve had to finish matches with 2 v 5 as others don’t get put in to fill the gaps quick enough, even when they do the score gap is then to big to recover as the 5 quickly rack up the score while they have the numbers advantage.

I have never used the ‘swap team’ option, but if people can exploit that by jumping ship mid match to a winning team if there is a gap then they should be stopped as well.

Some sort of option to have guild / party team matches would be good to give a chance at levelling the playing field, as long as parties / guild teams could only be matched against each other, it wouldn’t be fair if a group of solo players were pitted against them. Yes I know teams of random players still can organise in chat, but let’s face it, lots of randoms don’t pay attention to any attempt to group up or to targets that are called out, where as a group that’s partied up, or a guild, would work together.

At the moment with randoms it is purely luck based weather you can win a match and how long it takes to get 5 wins. I’ve had quite a few games where I’ve gotten 16 kills but still ended up losing because either players quit out, or because over half the team just can’t manage more than 3-4 kills. You can do your bit, but the rest involves praying to the gods of team balancing. And as mentioned, with randoms its pot luck if people will listen or work together, so you again you can do your bit trying to organise, but ultimately winning matches is largely out of your control as it is now.

Dragonbashed feedback

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Oh and a tip for the obstructed/line of sight shots. GET THE AUTO ATTACK UPGRADE FIRST. You won’t hit kitten without it. I always dash for it as soon as the game begins.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Dragonbashed feedback

Amaimon.7823

Oh and a tip for the obstructed/line of sight shots. GET THE AUTO ATTACK UPGRADE FIRST. You won’t hit kitten without it. I always dash for it as soon as the game begins.

Everyone does, but it only does more damage, it doesnt increase the likelihood of not being obstructed

Dragonbashed feedback

Ayrilana.1396

Everyone does, but it only does more damage, it doesnt increase the likelihood of not being obstructed

It increases the speed, not damage. The increase in speed makes it less likely for the projectile to be obstructed.