Dragonbrand now Deadbrand?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Anyone not SEA still in DB?
The NA time is horrible in DB.

The once awesome server now can’t even finish marionette. I sticked to the server for many nights without success, not even once. I looked at someone’s graph and see DB only succeed once or twice….And one night people failed warden 1….

I don’t even know if we do Teq in NA prime-time now. I do know people kill Teq in SEA time.

Even FGS train is dead.

Everytime I go to wvw, I see random zerg, not even trying to stack etc. I log into TS hoping to see a commander but only see 3 people on EB channel.

Where are you NA dragon brothers?

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Um… I’m on Dragonbrand and I don’t have any such trouble. Of course, I quit doing the Marrionette. I did succeed three times before I moved back into other things.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

My guild (AARM) on Tarnished Coast kills Teq almost religiously every Sunday both at reset and one time after reset.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

DB has always been pretty low on coverage during NA. There’s a reason our WvWvW is so low during those hours. It’s about all we can accomplish to defend enough to be 100-200 ppt.

Marionette is 3 weeks old and Edge is pretty much brand new. I would suspect this to be the reason that people are doing other things at the moment.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Afya.5842

DB has always been pretty low on coverage during NA. There’s a reason our WvWvW is so low during those hours. It’s about all we can accomplish to defend enough to be 100-200 ppt.

Marionette is 3 weeks old and Edge is pretty much brand new. I would suspect this to be the reason that people are doing other things at the moment.

I know marionette is old now but even in the first week it always fail in DB.

I also know the coverage is low but it seems worse than ever now. Couple months back around season1, I still saw commander on TS trying to be as organize as possible. Now it’s all random.

No racist meant but my Taiwan guildies (from both pve & wvw) said foreigners (NA) on DB are helpless now. Sadly I have to agree.

It’s just depressing seeing the world falls like this.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Well we just transferred in, and so far have been very happy. But to each his own.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I know marionette is old now but even in the first week it always fail in DB.

Not at all, DB was in the top few to defeat the marionette. Maybe not 1st, 2nd or even 3rd but we were definitely up there. I was there for our first win followed by the 3 immediately after. Of course it was not during NA time and you are right NA time failed quite a bit.

We continued to win during the later hours for another week. After the 2nd week it all but dried up as people moved to doing Edge/Whatever else.

I also know the coverage is low but it seems worse than ever now. Couple months back around season1, I still saw commander on TS trying to be as organize as possible. Now it’s all random.

There really isn’t any need for massive coordination on WvWvW either, and our TS has always been extremely spotty at best to get people to actually use it. For a few months now it’s been mostly a Karma Train during SEA times and a struggle to hold a 100 ppt during NA time. Nothing has changed really. The static matchups can be thanked for that mess.

No racist meant but my Taiwan guildies (from both pve & wvw) said foreigners (NA) on DB are helpless now. Sadly I have to agree.

It’s just depressing seeing the world falls like this.

I wouldn’t call it a fall more a stagnation.

Another issue that affects server population appearances is that 3 weeks into the marionette event the people who were doing it on DB have moved to guesting to BG/TC in order to find enough people to do the event.

Also the more time you wait, the less skilled the players. It’s a sad but true statement. Those who are skilled have long since gotten all the achievements and moved on to whatever else they want to play. Leaving those who struggle playing. It’s just how things like this work.

To a smaller degree the same thing happened to the tower when it was there. People were able to get groups together to get to the top floor easily for the first week or two. After that the amount of people in there dropped to the point where there was many times that if the spider queen was up you couldn’t get up. (Especially with the bug that reset your teleports and you had to start from the bottom.) At that point most people had to guest to BG/TC again just because of the massive population discrepancies.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Afya.5842

Well we just transferred in, and so far have been very happy. But to each his own.

I’m happy to hear some new blood in DB. Hope more will come and bring DB back to some of its previous glory.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

in DB, our activity is based on our success. losing wvw? people go elsewhere and we lose even further. winning wvw? 6 hour queue.
marionette has been failing a lot recently (mostly due to EotM), so people stopped going, so we’re failing more now.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

It was surprising to see BP rise to t3 instead of you guys… I’m glad we did though.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I am a former NA DB player from way back. The server has always been a bit Jekyll and Hyde. I hope they stabilize outside of BP’s tier because I have ZERO interest in more weeks of wall to wall PvDoor that follows heavy non-NA population servers like DB.

It was surprising to see BP rise to t3 instead of you guys… I’m glad we did though.

It was a high roll for us and a low roll for them. Originally I was a bit kittened since BP has been getting hammered a lot since the leagues started but fighting Mags and SBI has been fun. Sure we are out gunned but Mags has a solid amount of roamers and skirmish teams which fits BP’s play style better. Oddly I get run over by zergs less against Mags than any server we have fought recently.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Not all that bad. We all know that by the time of WxW season 1, we lose real large guilds, and with that, the server got a little less populated. But seriously, we always get overflows at main events (Such as karka, kitten,jormag and LS events. At least at reset timer).

Also, we won the last 3 or 4 WxW matchups, and we are going to win this week again I think.

Dragonbrand is getting more guilds lately, and its a good server to play.

If mari is your unique reason… pfft. Even Blackgate, sea of sorrows and Tarnished coast are not getting ppl all times now. Mari time has passed, its normal after the 2 weeks it has been happening at each 2 hours.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Yeahp, I knew some sort of change was coming when I looked at the wvw rankings but not this. I really enjoy this match up. I do not want to face DB ever again. By the looks of the wvw ranking leaderboards its going to be bp/yb/ioj in t4. Sounds ok I guess.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I’ve always wanted to try guesting on another server’s wvw to see how they do things. not to be a spy, but out of interest. I can tell different strategies among our commanders, and other servers have other commanders – like aggressive vs. planned out vs. defensive vs. brutal. EotM is a little like that.
(brutal would be “let’s stack here and slaughter that zerg that will pass by soon”)

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Marionette did not always fail on Dragonbrand. Lots of DBers probably had seen commander Kismet around there constantly for the first two weeks. I usually led lanes 1 or 3 and many of my runs were successful.

Dragons of Shadow also led Marionette events where we had 3/5 paths covered with [DoS] commanders (Brother Andres usually the most vocal) as late as last week that I am aware of, and many of those runs were also successful.

I myself have been focusing on Wurm with [TTS] since the EoTm patch, so the Marionettes I have done have been on guested servers. And even the notoriously low pop servers had enough people show up to get a win, without knowing there was an organized run happening.

I’ll probably be back to doing Marionette in my homeland this weekend so I can get that chest a few more times before its gone. I have a hard time believing it went from being on farm to totally abandoned in the 6pm-12am EST hours in the last week.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

I’ve always wanted to try guesting on another server’s wvw to see how they do things. not to be a spy, but out of interest. I can tell different strategies among our commanders, and other servers have other commanders – like aggressive vs. planned out vs. defensive vs. brutal. EotM is a little like that.
(brutal would be “let’s stack here and slaughter that zerg that will pass by soon”)

I think if you guest (not transfer) to another server, and then enter WvWvW, you will still end up joining your home server.

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server