Dragonhunters seriously?

Dragonhunters seriously?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

Hey Anet have u played with Dragonhunter before u release it? Do u call this balance? right now DH is OP and everyone is making guardian. this ruins pvp experience . Is this to tempt more ppl to buy HOT?Im really disappointed …..

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

It’s not overpowered persay, seems much of its power comes from the insane damage on traps, and traps are flawed as a concept in sPvP because anybody with brains knows to go around them or dodge out of them (and you do sacrifice much of your sustain as a Guard to make significant use of them) – but it is far too rewarding for the incredible ease of use and lack of skill required to play it and get powerful results. It’s cheesy, more than anything.

I too am sad at the way sPvP is literally swarming with zero skill Dragonhunters at the moment…Guardian used to be a respectable class, but now the zero skill scrub train FotM players have commandeered the classes’ identity and will grind it’s reputation down to a point of no respect the way they did the once respectable Mesmers and Engineers before it, before those two classes also got their own brainless cheese-fest builds. It makes me sad.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: SeriousSituation.3462

SeriousSituation.3462

Give it 3 months and the counter strategies against the specializations will be mainstream. (Dragon Hunters die quick to conditions. Give it a go, it will change your life).

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

So ironic. I recall more than a few threads beforehand saying Dragonhunter sucked. Well at least PvP players stop screaming about druids. The nerf circle continues to go round and round. . . .

Gone to Reddit.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: chaosdurza.3291

chaosdurza.3291

One of the most satisfying things in sPvP right now is watching a dragonhunter post up on point, drop all his traps on top of each other, and then swapping to my ranged weapon and melting him while all his utilities are on CD. Stop ramming your head against a wall, be intelligent.
If everything he has requires you standing on top of him, then don’t stand on top of him!

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

DH are op to people that don’t know how to dodge or use stability or just go around the traps. DH traps are easy to counter really and once you get a DH to blow his traps he/she is good as dead.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I thought everyone was screaming before HoT launched that they weren’t going to even play this elite spec because it had such a stupid name, no synergy, and lame skills.

So, if that’s the case, how do so many people know that it’s OP?

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

So ironic. I recall more than a few threads beforehand saying Dragonhunter sucked. Well at least PvP players stop screaming about druids. The nerf circle continues to go round and round. . . .

That is not irony. And Dragonnhunters DID suck, but were hugely buffed after BWE3.

The name still sucks, though.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Axialbloom.8109

I thought everyone was screaming before HoT launched that they weren’t going to even play this elite spec because it had such a stupid name, no synergy, and lame skills.

So, if that’s the case, how do so many people know that it’s OP?

The name is stupid. Karl massively buffed the rest after BWE3, just before release.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Give gurdian 1200 range weapon that have more burst than ranger and people are surprised its OP

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: SeriousSituation.3462

SeriousSituation.3462

Give gurdian 1200 range weapon that have more burst than ranger and people are surprised its OP

I imagine you typing that with a troll face, actually.

ANY ranger worth their salt can melt a dragon hunter in seconds. It’s really easy.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

One of the most satisfying things in sPvP right now is watching a dragonhunter post up on point, drop all his traps on top of each other, and then swapping to my ranged weapon and melting him while all his utilities are on CD. Stop ramming your head against a wall, be intelligent.
If everything he has requires you standing on top of him, then don’t stand on top of him!

As a meditation dragonhunter that only took it for the cool ranged weapon… this is so satisfying to do.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Balerios.3679

DH is op. No class can kill u that fast with only 1 combo . Its not about dodging or anything else. Class needs some balancing with others . This is ruining the pvp experience. More and more players make DH to play a super easy build and win . In most pvp matches there are at least 5 guardians! Half of ppl in pvp are guardians . Love for guardian ? Dont think so . Class is OP right now . And if this wont change , we will soon change name to GUARDIAN WARS 2

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

DH is op. No class can kill u that fast with only 1 combo . Its not about dodging or anything else. Class needs some balancing with others . This is ruining the pvp experience. More and more players make DH to play a super easy build and win . In most pvp matches there are at least 5 guardians! Half of ppl in pvp are guardians . Love for guardian ? Dont think so . Class is OP right now . And if this wont change , we will soon change name to GUARDIAN WARS 2

Yeah there are a ton of dragonhunters in PvP atm. There’s always at least 2 on each team.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Ardenwolfe.8590

That is not irony. And Dragonnhunters DID suck, but were hugely buffed after BWE3.

The name still sucks, though.

Oh? Well at least someone got buffs. Been eating nothing but nerfs with druid.

That said, I’ve never had an issue with any Dragonhunter. But I tend to keep them at a distance.

Gone to Reddit.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: bigo.9037

bigo.9037

any dragon hunter that uses at least two traps is really bad. i play ranger and i have not ever had any issues with DH. except on the first day of release cus i didnt know anything about them. they melt to longbow zerk, marauder. even condi trap ranger melts them. on a capture point. i have never encountered a DH since the 2nd day of release that has given me any trouble in pvp. dodge once, and their traps are all on cooldown. they have almost 0 condi cleanse, and all they have then is a few blocks to negate my burst. and even IF they get me with all their traps at once, and i cant move, signet of stone will take care of everything. or a bunch of evades on sword dagger. i honestly think druid needs a nerf tbh. from just one traitline we get : a stun break, and FULL condi cleanse. extra healing. a 2 second daze, 3 seconds of stealth + superspeed that is not reliant on hitting a target with an arrow. and lastly a 5 sec immob. this makes any 3rd choice of traitline completely useless in comparison.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Balerios.3679

any dragon hunter that uses at least two traps is really bad. i play ranger and i have not ever had any issues with DH. except on the first day of release cus i didnt know anything about them. they melt to longbow zerk, marauder. even condi trap ranger melts them. on a capture point. i have never encountered a DH since the 2nd day of release that has given me any trouble in pvp. dodge once, and their traps are all on cooldown. they have almost 0 condi cleanse, and all they have then is a few blocks to negate my burst. and even IF they get me with all their traps at once, and i cant move, signet of stone will take care of everything. or a bunch of evades on sword dagger. i honestly think druid needs a nerf tbh. from just one traitline we get : a stun break, and FULL condi cleanse. extra healing. a 2 second daze, 3 seconds of stealth + superspeed that is not reliant on hitting a target with an arrow. and lastly a 5 sec immob. this makes any 3rd choice of traitline completely useless in comparison.

The majority of players have problems . or do u suggest to all reroll to ranger to counter DH? jesus

Dragonhunters seriously?

bigo.9037

The majority of players have problems . or do u suggest to all reroll to ranger to counter DH? jesus

well the thing is.. whenever i play spvp, i dont see my team mates having problems with them either. i mean sure occasionally they do but not for the majority of times.
we all get bad team mates every now and then.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Balerios.3679

well the thing is.. whenever i play spvp, i dont see my team mates having problems with them either. i mean sure occasionally they do but not for the majority of times.

Its not about having bad time , its about seeing 6 guardians in a single match! this ruins pvp experience. lets rename game to GUARDIAN WARS 2

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

and just think that Anet nerfed the sword trap after BWE3… XD

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Dragonhunters seriously?

bigo.9037

Its not about having bad time , its about seeing 6 guardians in a single match! this ruins pvp experience. lets rename game to GUARDIAN WARS 2

let them play it. soon they will realise that guardian isnt what the forums make it out to be and go back to playing what they otherwise would. its only been a few weeks since the release of hot. of course theres gonna be a lot of people playing one thing.
i could see DH being a problem in lower tiers, but then again so are mesmers. i know that all the newbies all have problems identifying the actual player. dont you remember when you had to guess your way to the player by attacking all his clones?

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

Ive mained a guardian for years now. Ive seen the perma stealth thief, the insta kill engi and a number of other issues that have plagued this game. DH is nothing like them… yea DH traps can lay a hurtin on ya pretty quick if you dont know how to dodge or break CC’s, but as another poster said… once the traps are done, so is the build. The point of the traps is they are supposed to be a surprise attack.A smart guardian will lay traps at specific points where he knows people wont be expecting them, then lay in wait to ambush them when the traps are sprung. Its just a different playstyle to get used to is all, but like everything else, it has counters and weaknesses…traps cant be moved, so they rely on players to walk thru them so its a very situational damage, Also DH bow is pretty weak compared to the type of melee or even scepter damage that can be generated…

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Sorry, but I really love my Dragon Hunter and its proven as fantasticly working in game. No flaws in it nor balance problems. Its not my problem if person I kill in pvp doesnt know how to play.

How many times Ive been called “Hacker” for using my own warrior build!

DH is fantastic as other classes are, stop bragging.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Balerios.3679

Sorry, but I really love my Dragon Hunter and its proven as fantasticly working in game. No flaws in it nor balance problems. Its not my problem if person I kill in pvp doesnt know how to play.

How many times Ive been called “Hacker” for using my own warrior build!

DH is fantastic as other classes are, stop bragging.

DH is op , end of story.The faster anet sees that the better will be for pvp experience. Having 5 DHs in a single match isnt fun at all!

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

My Necro tank has 31K HP and 2K toughness or somewhere around there. A Dragonhunter that locks me in the trap will kill me in about 2-3 seconds.

Sounds fine by me.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

My Necro tank has 31K HP and 2K toughness or somewhere around there. A Dragonhunter that locks me in the trap will kill me in about 2-3 seconds.

Sounds fine by me.

Solution: Don’t get locked in traps. I play a marauder thief and have no problem 1v1ing dragonhunters because I use evades and stunbreaks. They’re fairly easy to burst down with stun spam.

Not supporting the current state of DH though. It needs a nerf and a major one but I think for most people its a l2p issue.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: dchsknight.3042

dchsknight.3042

Hey Anet have u played with Dragonhunter before u release it? Do u call this balance? right now DH is OP and everyone is making guardian. this ruins pvp experience . Is this to tempt more ppl to buy HOT?Im really disappointed …..

have your Dragon hunter fight a reaper and then tell me they are OP…

Dragonhunters seriously?

Balerios.3679

Sounds fine by me.

I i tottaly agree . + 1 on that

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Zane Hosigawa.6359

Zane Hosigawa.6359

We just going to ignore reaper?

Highest vitality in game. (balanced by lowest armor in game)
Okay that’s pretty good, that’s a good job anet.

Second health pool that heals first health pool or vice versa.
Hey that’s actually a pretty cool class mechanic and it’s really not that OP just hit them a bit more.

High power and condi damage simultaneously.
Okay but they’re still vulnerable to power damage.

Higher toughness than any build in the entire game with minions.
This is looking kind of bad.

Stability and condition transfer with plenty of cc of their own.

Let’s recap:

They have the highest vitality in the entire game, as well as a second health bar.
Highest toughness in the entire game with minions.
Extremely high power and condition damage.
Condition transfer or resistance.
Both stability and cc.
In one build.

They are good at everything. They are weak to nothing. And our problem is dragon hunter? (which I don’t even play because it’s so weak to range or a good stun locker)

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

DH is easy. 1 v 1 i can beat it on power based builds on any profession but thief and engie. And that’s mostly because I’m bad with those two professions.

Beating a DH comes down to one very simple thing: avoid their traps.

5 DH in a team is also fine. They are beatable if your team knows their respective professions well. I mean i was in a random team that beat a 5 burn guard premade not too long ago when people were calling burn guards OP. Just depends on your team.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Balerios.3679

Hey that’s actually a pretty cool class mechanic and it’s really not that OP just hit them a bit more.

Let’s recap:

They have the highest vitality in the entire game, as well as a second health bar.
Both stability and cc.
In one build.

They are good at everything. They are weak to nothing. And our problem is dragon hunter? (which I don’t even play because it’s so weak to range or a good stun locker)

If u want to complain about reaper make another post . This is about DH so comments about other classes are out of topic!( we also believed that u dont play DH " and the oscar goes to……")

Dragonhunters seriously?

Ardenwolfe.8590

This is kind of a silly thing to say. Consider six of almost any class in a match, and it can get ugly. Six mesmers in the game for example. Two is bad enough, if they are decked out and using greatsword.

Six?

I hope you get what I’m saying.

Gone to Reddit.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Vaelen.5294

Vaelen.5294

There in lies a trap… Anyone with half a brain could figure out that a trap will HURT you, and then figure out how to AVOID the trap to begin with.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Let’s recap:

Both stability and cc.
In one build.

MM is somewhat effective in low tier, soloQ. Higher tier premade teams dont care for it

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

There in lies a trap… Anyone with half a brain could figure out that a trap will HURT you, and then figure out how to AVOID the trap to begin with.

Youre stating the obvious about what one should do in 1v1 encounters.

The problem a lot of folks have is when multiple DH spam their traps in large point team fights. Its a guarantee that the DH will down someone when it teleports then spams 2-3 traps in the middle of a fight.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

DH was considered a joke in BWE1-2-3 and was laughed at, people said Guard would never be in pvp or pve again, its the worst, will never see META

Fast forward a few weeks and “did you even test this in beta??” yes, yes we did.

Wait a few weeks before anything is decided. In BWE3 it was determined Reaper and Chrono would dominate the META, but, things change

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Well some people reason like, well suit yourself for not dodging and for going in close combat with my guardian (Whe teleporten on me and put down traps in one go).

It would have been fair if Shredder Gyro, Electro-whirl, Thunderclap, Arc Divider, Debilitating Arc, vault, “Feel the Burn!”, “Aftershock!”, “Nothing Can Save You!”, “Suffer!” and “You Are All Weaklings!” could more or less one-shot people and also protect the caster and give them massive healing and retaliation I mean the skills wont be OP stop complaining you just need to L2P and dodge, stability or walk around them to avoid it.

DH skills are seriously OP, yes I can beat a DH if I am just 1vs1 but with a team fight with a DH a well placed trapp can whipe a whole team with almost one-shotting traps against my Knight stats build.

Next reason DH is OP, everyone is playing DH. Most maches I play there are alteast 2 DH on each team and they are all playing the same way. There is no emidiate skill to playing a DH, you can be a newbie and be a pain in a team fight. There is very little skill to teleport, put down traps and in less than one second you have gotten a tanky build down to 10% health and made him/her use up all defencive skills to get away from the traps.

A ranger condition trap build is almost as horrible but rangers can’t teleport and traps takes longer to deploy. They also don’t make so much damage and if you are quick with stunbreaker (Once) and condi cleance you are in the free for a good while. Rangers traps isn’t laying there sucking the life source out of you while you cant stunbreak your way out of there.

In my opinion, iether lower the duration for Hunter’s ward or nerf damage from Procession of Blades and also lower the effects of the skills and make them more visible. It is pretty hard to see if you are standing in a Hunter’s ward when you also are also standing in a pit with 2 or more traps that are shining bright white-blue all over the area.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Dragonhunters seriously?

Axialbloom.8109

DH was considered a joke in BWE1-2-3 and was laughed at, people said Guard would never be in pvp or pve again, its the worst, will never see META

Fast forward a few weeks and “did you even test this in beta??” yes, yes we did.

Wait a few weeks before anything is decided. In BWE3 it was determined Reaper and Chrono would dominate the META, but, things change

DH received MASSIVE, untested buffs after BWE3.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Balerios.3679

Thank you einstein . We didnt even thought about dodge or avoidance! The problem is their burst is pretty big and OP , its unhealthy for pvp environment . Most new players that will try to pvp and will die in 3 seconds will be disappointed and will stop pvping or quit game . Its not good to take 3 seconds from someone to kill someone . This isnt the kind of pvp in gw2 anyway . Most new players join pvp with the games setup ( Berserker amulet) . Have u ever seen the dmg that DH do to Berserker ? So we will blame the majority of new players that arent pro to avoid and play smart??? Or we have to adjust DH to not be that stupidily strong?

(edited by Balerios.3679)

Dragonhunters seriously?

Balerios.3679

DH received MASSIVE, untested buffs after BWE3.

+1 on that .

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Sounds fine by me.

Well you have locked your self down by playing tanky as hell. With 31 k hp and 2 k toughnes, you might eat damage done to you in pvp, but you have nothing to damage back with that is effective enough, and slow damage means your enemies will have their cd back before you even reach a point were you can kill them off.
You need to ballance your build to be able to counter

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Please keep this cancerous topics in the PvP forums.

Stella Truth Seeker

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Stop complaining and learn to counter.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

I play both DH and Ranger in SpVp….my Ranger could eat my Dragonhunter in a sustained fight. Traps? LOL! Ranger Traps have ALWAYS been horribly nasty. I can set a trap burst on a point and have you dead in about 2 ticks when running condi.

DH is not over powered, its just new. They have one burst ability and its a one shot deal. Yes its on low CD but so is your dodge.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Your post reeks of anger and is as unintelligent. You provide NOTHING of why the dragonhunter is overpowered, and no examples of why and how it could be more balanced. It would be the same result if you were to go into a store screaming ‘you give kitten customer service!’, and then leave the area.
Once again you know NOTHING John Snow!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Dragonhunters seriously?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Word on the street is that scrappers counter dragon hunters. I want to make an engineer so I can earn the champion genius title someday. I apparently have a new reason now.

Dragonhunters seriously?

Balerios.3679

Your post reeks of anger and is as unintelligent. You provide NOTHING of why the dragonhunter is overpowered, and no examples of why and how it could be more balanced. It would be the same result if you were to go into a store screaming ‘you give kitten customer service!’, and then leave the area.
Once again you know NOTHING John Snow!

If i could provide what to change to make him balanced i would be a developer working in Anet probably . I provided many things of why DH is overpowered . Go and search the topic , and stop playing the genius here . Cause im sorry to ruin it for u but u ARENT