Dragonite, Bloodstone, Empyreal -> Wallet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

Please make these wallet items.
Dear god, please, there’s just so many, I’ve dedicated 3 whole characters with 80 item slots each to just hold these things.

I’m going to suffocate.

If I run out of space, my hoarding instincts and OCD will force me to quit the game or face mental breakdown.

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

They’re not ‘currency,’ so they’re not going to go in the wallet, obviously.

Anet can’t save you from hoarding useless trash drops.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

maybe they should introduce a higher storage number for those specific items in the stash area… say 30k or 50k

Weylin.6478

They behave like currency, though.
They are not harvested from nodes, they are given as a reward for defeating bosses and opening chests, and there is NOTHING you can do with these without having 400 crafting, mawdrey, or just…. erk… destroying… them…

Those things condense so much through crafting… 100 ore to make ONE bar of dragonite?

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

yea at the cost of other high value materials… i for one dont like throwing obi shards to just store useless junk mhmm.

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

Agree with you OP. Something needs to be done! I am collecting these things faster than I can convert them to bars, and they’re so expensive to convert too. Think of us hoarders!

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

yea at the cost of other high value materials… i for one dont like throwing obi shards to just store useless junk mhmm.

Then don’t. Throw the stuff away. They are all so freely available now that there is no reason to sit on more than a few stacks.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

would be awesome if I could throw 50 stacks of dragonite ore into wallet in one giant single pile.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

They aren’t used as currency, so they won’t go into the wallet.

I agree that something needs to be done though. I think that increasing the number that goes into a stack would be a big help. As it has turned out, 250 is just too low of a number.

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Once I got the consumption tools for bloodstone and emp shards, this was no longer an issue. Dragonite OTOH…

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Doggie.3184

They aren’t used as currency, so they won’t go into the wallet.

I agree that something needs to be done though. I think that increasing the number that goes into a stack would be a big help. As it has turned out, 250 is just too low of a number.

They drop almost as often as copper coins do; as far as I’m concerned it’s currencyish enough to be. Best way to solve the over abundance. If it bothers you that much they could cut us a break and make them the only mats that stack to an unlimited number in collections.

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

On a different but unrelated note, they need to make things like doubloons and foxfire clusters into collection items.

I mean hell, if giant eyes is special enough to warrant a slot in there, doubloons and foxfire certainly are.

Doggie.3184

Once I got the consumption tools for bloodstone and emp shards, this was no longer an issue. Dragonite OTOH…

It’s still an issue depending on how much you play. Mawdrey’s daily limit doesn’t allow it to eat the dust faster than I collect it and I still end up gaining far more than I use and pile up 20-30 stacks. The Stars not so much since I haven’t been doing wvw as much nowadays.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

This may be a technical limit. I don’t think anything in the wallet is used in the mystic forge nor crafting. The system probably isn’t set up to allow wallet items to function in that way. When the tokens went to the wallet, the 500 tokens required for legendary gifts switched to buying an item for 500 tokens. They could do this I suppose, but unfortunately these mats aren’t all used in the same quantity for everything. They would probably consider that system cluttered.

But I do agree some kind of change for convenience would be nice.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If I could put 500 of each in my wallet I could save 3 spots in my shock full of ore bank tab, it would be amazing!

-_-

Weylin.6478

Could have it so double clicking 250 units turns it into a 1x ‘pile’ of those units, like turning 5 aetherkey pieces into a key.

This would just allow them to be condensed, and that would only delay the inevitable.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

You can just destroy it all if you’re not making ascended gear.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Again, I like this idea.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You can put 1,500 units into your material collection, if you buy all the upgrades.

The wallet is for currency, that is things that are used to purchase items from vendors. The wallet is not meant to store materials nor consumables.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”