Dragonite Eater Item

Dragonite Eater Item

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Well, we now have Mawdrey II as the Bloodstone eater and the Star of Gratitude as the Empyreal eater, but… we still have no Dragonite eater.

Anyone aware of any plans/timeframe to introduce one into the game? I’ve just collected enough ascended mats for full ascended for all characters now, including additional weapons and aquatic weapons – and I still have too much Dragonite to spare.

Dragonite Eater Item

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

100% sure it will be added.
100% sure I have no clue when.

Dragonite Eater Item

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

In the final instance of LS2 Caithe had a “Dragon egg backpack”, it’s possible that we will get something like that (similar to Mawdrey / Star) that will eat Dragonite.

This is of course just my speculation

Dragonite Eater Item

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

The thing annoying me is that we’ve had no news of updates or an LS3, only news about HoT, which at the very earliest would still be in like 4-5 months…

By which time I’d have 40 stacks of 250 dragonite ore, at the rate things are going.

Not sure if they’re even going to update anything anymore until HoT hits.

Dragonite Eater Item

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s amazing how fast that stuff accululates. I have an alt with spare storage space where I’ve been putting it. At this rate, it will soon be an alt with no spare storage space.

A dragonite eater can’t come too soon.

Dragonite Eater Item

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The thing annoying me is that we’ve had no news of updates or an LS3, only news about HoT, which at the very earliest would still be in like 4-5 months…

By which time I’d have 40 stacks of 250 dragonite ore, at the rate things are going.

Not sure if they’re even going to update anything anymore until HoT hits.

There was a festival icon (year of the ram?) during the POI video so we will probably get some sort of festival for the chinese new year

Dragonite Eater Item

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Im all for a Dragonite eating item.. (personally hope its a gem shaped like a pokeball cause lolz)

but I think that by now the install base is very much at that point where Bloodstone.. Dragonite Ore and Empyreal Fragment are common and severely easy to obtain..

I think Its about time that Anet simply remove the account bound restriction and allow these items to be sold on the trading post..
that will greatly benefit those of us who are absolutely swampped with excess and it will also greatly benefit those in the game who are just starting to look into ascended crafting and those who are unable to or simply don’t enjoy certain content that rewards you with these items

Dragonite Eater Item

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I think Its about time that Anet simply remove the account bound restriction and allow these items to be sold on the trading post.

May I direct your attention to the Tiny Snowflake?

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/38130-tiny-snowflake

These dropped with about the same amount of frequency that Dragonite drops, they only dropped for about a month, and towards the end of Wintersday the supply of Tiny Snowflakes on the Trading Post was increasing at the rate of 1 million Tiny Snowflakes per day!

There’s currently 22 million Tinys on the TP with 13 million of them sitting at 2c on the Trading Post. I wager if they removed the account bound restriction from Dragonite and continued with the current drop rates there would be billions of Dragonite sitting at 2c.

Dragonite Eater Item

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

That’s quite possible Karizee

a good way around that would be to make the Ingots sellable instead..
considering you need those thermocatalytic reagents to make them anyway

sure you would probably have a lot of them but they definitely wouldn’t be going for less than the thermocatalytic reagents

The Tiny Snowflake problem came from the new harvisting items..
I’ve had to resort to storing my excess stacks on a alt..
and i’ve still got tons of excess wintersday harvisting items as well lol

I’ll probably end up upgrading them to the next tier and onwards at some point

Dragonite Eater Item

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

That’s quite possible Karizee

a good way around that would be to make the Ingots sellable instead..
considering you need those thermocatalytic reagents to make them anyway

sure you would probably have a lot of them but they definitely wouldn’t be going for less than the thermocatalytic reagents

The Tiny Snowflake problem came from the new harvisting items..
I’ve had to resort to storing my excess stacks on a alt..
and i’ve still got tons of excess wintersday harvisting items as well lol

I’ll probably end up upgrading them to the next tier and onwards at some point

Adding a Thermocatalytic cost would not increase value or reduce supply of Dragonite, the only thing that would increase value is some kind of daily cooldown on crafting it.

I don’t see them doing that at all since the reason they increased the drop rate of Dragonite everywhere was likely due to complaints on acquiring it. I remember being baffled at the time seeing posts from players about not getting enough Dragonite since I was swimming in it then but I digress.

I think you are trying to create a value on something that will never have a value due to the ubiquitous nature of the stuff.

Dragonite Eater Item

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I don’t know why people can’t simply right-click-destroy things in the game that have absolutely no worth to them. Do you all hoard this much in RL too?

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Dragonite Eater Item

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I don’t know why people can’t simply right-click-destroy things in the game that have absolutely no worth to them. Do you all hoard this much in RL too?

Yes i currently have 2 apartments and working on a third

Dragonite Eater Item

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Things that need to be added/re-added

1. Dragonite Eater Item
2. Ascended Aquabreather
3. Keeper’s Recipes
4. Sigil of Generosity
5. Versatile WvW Infusions