Dragonite Ore

Dragonite Ore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: macon.4065

macon.4065

Well I had to put this in somewhere. This constant boss farming for dragonite ore is the pits. I mean day in day out and we can’t farm the same boss more than 1 per day. It takes forever to get the ingots you need for crafting. Yet that stupid bloodstone dust drops everywhere practically. I’d like to make 4 suggestions either will work –
1. Create a trader that will turn bloodstone dust into dragonite ore – lets face it 4000 bloodstone dust is a bit much in the old bank account.
2. Allow us to trade the materials on the Black Lion trading company.
3. Start having mobs drop the ore periodically other than just the bosses.
4. Make the ore available in the chest drops

Please think about this, I think it would make it a whole lot simpler with smaller groups of people on smaller servers.

Dragonite Ore

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Temporary solution, farm code fragments

Dragonite Ore

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Are you sure those chests give dragonite? I don’t remember seeing any scroll down the screen. I’ve opened around 10 chests.

Dragonite Ore

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Weird, because I’ve gotten 4-5 out of each of the lesser chests on every occasion, and 15 dragonite ore out of the Scarlett chests each time I’ve opened one.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Dragonite Ore

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Are you sure those chests give dragonite? I don’t remember seeing any scroll down the screen. I’ve opened around 10 chests.

The chests give dragonite, I have gotten a fair amount from them.

Dragonite Ore

Khisanth.2948

I guess they were there and I just didn’t notice since dragonite since they are useless to me and I have to scroll my inventory to see stuff in the craftsman’s bag.

Dragonite Ore

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

I like op’s ideas 1 & 3. This grind for dragonite is getting old fast. Especially since they nerfed the amts….

Naz ©

Dragonite Ore

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Wait you farm world bosses and aren’t drowning in dragonite? I have so much of the stuff it’s annoying. I’m running out of bank space because of it. I do wish there was some kind of trader so I could trade the dragonite for emp fragments or something.

Dragonite Ore

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I have to agree with xarallei. I farm world bosses with 5 toons and I just have stacks of dragonite ore for days.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Dragonite Ore

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

This is the trouble – if you farm you end up with far too much, if you don’t regularly participate in world bosses you get pretty much nothing.

I can understand it’s to spread out players over different areas of the game so no events are left abandoned, but there needs to be options of obtaining these materials.

Dragonite Ore

Khisanth.2948

I like op’s ideas 1 & 3. This grind for dragonite is getting old fast. Especially since they nerfed the amts….

The amount from world bosses haven’t changed. The only one that got reduced was bloodstone dust from champ bags.

Dragonite Ore

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

I rarely hit up world bosses and I’ve deleted thousands of dragonite with a permanent store of 1500.

I definitely don’t wanna be finding even more of the crap.

Disciple of Quag

Dragonite Ore

Khisanth.2948

I rarely hit up world bosses and I’ve deleted thousands of dragonite with a permanent store of 1500.

That is more of a number inflation(can not think of a better term) problem. It used to be that you would need at most 15 of a material which is 6% of a stack. With these you need 200% of a stack for one item.

Dragonite Ore

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

The amount from world bosses haven’t changed. The only one that got reduced was bloodstone dust from champ bags.

Ok let me elaborate. I’m a wvw’er…. there’s only so much pve I can take >.>
I used to get a kitten of a lot more from Keep Lords….. & my guild isn’t a KTrain guild….
I am also currently busy making ascended armor which takes a LOT of dragonite ore. With multiple toons, this could take way too much pve grinding. (it already is) I can’t imagine how frustrating this for someone doesn’t have a massive amount of time available to play the game.

1. Create a trader that will turn bloodstone dust into dragonite ore – lets face it 4000 bloodstone dust is a bit much in the old bank account.

This wouldn’t affect anyone negatively at all

Naz ©

Dragonite Ore

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

Interesting that peeps like yourself who like world boss content don’t want the ore, and don’t need ascended for the content you do, peeps like myself who dislike world boss content can’t get the ore in fracts, but we need ascended to progress, we can mine mithril ore in fracts thou, hmmh devs sure have a strange sense of humor.