Dredge Commissar Dies Too Fast

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

What the title says. The commissar can be killed so fast that whoever completes the pre-event has a zero chance of reaching it in time if the players camping the commissar’s spawn location do not intentionally delay.

And the majority of them do not care about the people who procced the boss for them to kill in the first place.

This is a problem unique to the commissar since all other bosses that are activated by a pre-event (Shatterer, Karka Queen etc) either have copious amounts of health, or have a short delay before activation, or their pre-events end at the boss itself, or some combination of the three.

A minor variant to this is that the people who kill the vines in the Jungle Wurm pre-event has a zero chance of killing the first Avatar of Blight.

Recommended fix: Add a 15 second delay between the pre-event completion and next event phase.

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Same can be said about the fire elemental. Its the only world boss that I know of that dies in 5-10 seconds.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Foulbear is a problem, too. He usually dies in less than 10 seconds.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

But you’re already there if you participated in the pres for ele/foulbear. For the commissar, you have to run quite a piece (+ waypoint sometimes)…

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

Just be thankful you can actually complete the event and get the trait…

There are plenty trait unlocks that you can’t even complete due to bugs…

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

not everyone hunts the commissar for the trait.

Posted by: Settes.3960

Settes.3960

That’s why I stopped doing commissar. I did pre-events (90% cases solo) just to come to dead boss. If there would be some timeout before he appears or such portal like for Behemoth, I would probably try it again.

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

not everyone hunts the commissar for the trait.

He drops a 120 gold item. =P

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

Be thankful even more :P

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The trick is to warp to the SE WP the instant you finish an event. Yes, you will wind up having to warp back for another event most times, but it pays off when you can actually make it there in time.

And yes, they do need to put his spawn on a delay, or make another event at his gate that needs to be done first. Something to give the people who put in the effort a chance at actually getting the reward.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Ooh someone who knows the pre events! Can you tell me what they are? Last I checked the wiki didn’t have the info. I try asking the people hovering around his spawn point but they didn’t know.

And yes, if he spawns and you aren’t already at the gate you can easily miss the kill.

Fire ele isn’t a good comparison because it is on the world boss timer. Add foulbear and dredge to the world boss timer please, Anet!

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Ooh someone who knows the pre events! Can you tell me what they are? Last I checked the wiki didn’t have the info. I try asking the people hovering around his spawn point but they didn’t know.

And yes, if he spawns and you aren’t already at the gate you can easily miss the kill.

Fire ele isn’t a good comparison because it is on the world boss timer. Add foulbear and dredge to the world boss timer please, Anet!

The two “center camps” to the east of the Commissar’s area have a series of events (take/hold). They must both be held by the Priory for the Commissar to be able to spawn. If he is not in window, then they will be assaulted by dredge again and must be held.

Server: Devona’s Rest