Dry Top area awful!

Dry Top area awful!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ekoe.9175

Ekoe.9175

Anyone else have problems getting through living stories due to dry top being so difficult to find one’s way around?
I’ve had to drop 2 of the living stories, and probably will the third as finding ones way around dry top has made doing the stories incredible difficult and time consuming.
Any tips or hints bar spending hours and hours of your game time in repeated attempts?

I’m sad to have to drop living story segements especially having bought the back ones I’d missed.
ekoe

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

What?!?!?
The map is simple…i had no problem in finishing not only the story but been there enough to craft some ambrite as well…

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m sure there are step-by-step guides on Dulfy, and elsewhere. It’s a pretty easy map. Try going up whenever you feel stuck.

Good luck.

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Well I guess we know what players the NPE is geared toward. Turns out anet’s metric’s were pretty good.

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

Try asking in map chat if someone will show you around. There are lots of helpful players in this game.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

You dont’t have to play the living story episodes now, if they are too difficult for your experience level. There are plenty of other maps to keep you busy and help familiarize you with navigating the environments, and living world stories will still be there when you are ready.

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Xaevryn.5687

Xaevryn.5687

I can’t enjoy the LS experience because Dry Top for one reason or another causes my client to chug along at 3 fps. not 33, not 30, 3. As in, three frames per second.

Considering I can run a majority of the game in the mid 20’s to upper 30’s FPS, Dry Top confuses and infuriates me.

Dry Top area awful!

Allisa Wonderland.8192

That’s your problem though, not the game’s. PC games often have a higher technical cost of entry than consoles, because of the availability of upgrading hardware. It has always been this way since I started in 1980. If it wasn’t for this advancemwnt, we’d all be playing in black and white.

That said, i’ve experienced a couple of memory leak issues in the latest build that bring the game to a screeching halt. Try restarting the client if it hits you.

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I wouldn’t say that I consider Dry Top to be difficult, but its design makes it not fun for me.

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Out of curiosity, are you playing the parts in order? They story kind of guides you to new parts of DT as it goes.

If you’re not aware of it, there’s a house in the town with an open door. Go in there, and there’s a tunnel in the back that leads to a new area. That’s one of the bigger “can’t find it” issues if you do the stories out of sequence.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Sir Egil The Bull.7869

Sir Egil The Bull.7869

I dislike all of the jumping in Dry Top, but I don’t remember anything being difficult. Tedious & annoying maybe, but not difficult.

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

I dislike all of the jumping in Dry Top, but I don’t remember anything being difficult. Tedious & annoying maybe, but not difficult.

Tedious and annoying aptly describes most of the LS mechanics.

Ruins a perfectly good story in my opinion.

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You’re not alone. A lot of people had problems figuring out the zone’s layout. If you message me in game, I’ll show you around (assuming I’m not doing something with the guild).

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I can’t enjoy the LS experience because Dry Top for one reason or another causes my client to chug along at 3 fps. not 33, not 30, 3. As in, three frames per second.

Considering I can run a majority of the game in the mid 20’s to upper 30’s FPS, Dry Top confuses and infuriates me.

Drytop and Silverwastes both do this to me. There’s no reason the game should run fine everywhere else, but be lag central in the new zones.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

If you were playing during the sandstorm then wait for it to end and you will be able to see clearly.

The first 30 mins are normal and then the second 30 have the sandstorm.

Its an awesome map…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

Anyone else have problems getting through living stories due to dry top being so difficult to find one’s way around?
I’ve had to drop 2 of the living stories, and probably will the third as finding ones way around dry top has made doing the stories incredible difficult and time consuming.
Any tips or hints bar spending hours and hours of your game time in repeated attempts?

I’m sad to have to drop living story segements especially having bought the back ones I’d missed.
ekoe

I can’t say I’ve had many problems. The story pretty much had me wandering around all over the area and elsewhere in the world.

I’d be happy to show you around Dry Top sometime. Look me up.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

Dry Top area awful!

Allisa Wonderland.8192

You’re not alone. A lot of people had problems figuring out the zone’s layout. If you message me in game, I’ll show you around (assuming I’m not doing something with the guild).

You’re projecting again, Vayne… but thanks for the offer to help people

Dry Top area awful!

Vayne.8563

How am I projecting? I’ve helped a lot of people who had trouble navigating the zone to learn the layout.

A lot doesn’t mean most. People have had problems. What’s so hard to understand?

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

How am I projecting? I’ve helped a lot of people who had trouble navigating the zone to learn the layout.

A lot doesn’t mean most. People have had problems. What’s so hard to understand?

In the best way Vayne, you are a white Knight ; )

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

For those having framerate issues in DT, are you trying to play them at around 40 minutes after, or before that? If it’s during the sandstorm it tends ot run chuggier.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Dry Top area awful!

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Any time you say “a lot of people” you’re projecting,

I expect you know this by now. It’s like fox news when they use “some people say.” Its crap used to direct the view toward their point view.

You have been active in the forum since launch, and i have been watching.. I expect you you step up your game.

Have you read the yourlogicalfallicyis.com poster?

My son snows it, and he’s only 8.

You are a chanpion for the players of guild wars 2 , and as such I expect you to provide arguements at this level.

Before you defend your ego stance, take a breath… Then speak from your personal frame of reference.

Please accept that I am speaking with support of this. You have the experience,use it with credibility,

[quote=4548741;Allisa Wonderland.8192:

A lot doesn’t mean most. People have had problems. What’s so hard to understand?[/quote]

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I managed to farm geodes for 50 clay bricks and 3 recipes. I’ll think again when i’ll be doing dry top again. Not because i get lost a lot, it’s because i just don’t like the map. But it’s good during sandstorm farm.

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

So… if I go and do Teq, and say, “there are a lot of people in this zerg,” I’m projecting?

How very satisfying.

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

I dislike Dry Top too, and I groan every time I am made to go there to do anything not just because I get lost, it could be hardware but I’m not so sure Silverwastes a new map runs just peachy, where as Dry Top when the sand storm comes I don’t even bother moving the FPS so poor, so yes I hate dry top.

The issue just in case any developer is reading this is either with your particle or shader engine, I would lean towards the particle engine more than the shader to be honest as in other parts of the game where obvious particle effects are being utilized are also cause small drops in FPS noticeable but not inhibiting like in Dry Top.

Server: Gate of Madness

Dry Top area awful!

Vayne.8563

I expect you know this by now. It’s like fox news when they use “some people say.” Its crap used to direct the view toward their point view.

You have been active in the forum since launch, and i have been watching.. I expect you you step up your game.

Have you read the yourlogicalfallicyis.com poster?

My son snows it, and he’s only 8.

You are a chanpion for the players of guild wars 2 , and as such I expect you to provide arguements at this level.

Before you defend your ego stance, take a breath… Then speak from your personal frame of reference.

Please accept that I am speaking with support of this. You have the experience,use it with credibility,

[quote=4548741;Allisa Wonderland.8192:

[/quote]

Okay I’ve helped at least a dozen people through that zone that had problems with it. If I happen to randomly find a dozen people, it’s got to be a lot of people If a hundred people have problems with it that’s a lot. Are you assuming that the dozen people I’ve helped through it are all the people. It’s not projecting.

I come into a thread where someone is asking for help and a bunch of completely unsympathetic posters basically ridicule them. Since I’ve had to help other people through, it’s quite logical that I didn’t get them all. It is a lot of people.

It’s not three people. I’ve had to help more than that.

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

And you just lost all credibility by acting like FOX news is the only one that does that. News flash: That is how EVERY media outlet does it. That’s why the media is separated into left and right wing stations, so they can all skew the news story to their point of view.

No better way to keep people fighting over the silliest things while ignoring the real problems.

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I really really love DryTop and the Silverwastes. It’s so much fun to have a good working reward structure and lots of things to discover. I’m not sure about the amount of dynamic events on Silverwastes yet, but so far it’s really fun to defend the forts and fight the really well made mini-bosses underground. Afk-autoattack farming… not anymore!

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Dry Top area awful!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Any time you say “a lot of people” you’re projecting

So if I see a large number of an opposing server players coming towards the supply depot where I am resupplying in WvW, but don’t want to take the time to count them, and announce in map chat that, “a lot of reds headed towards depot X,” I am projecting ?

“A lot of people,” merely means a significant number which one has not counted exactly. Could someone be projecting when using that phrase ? Of course. Then again that person could be projecting by claiming that others are doing so.