Dry Top lag and only there.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Dry Top lag for me started only on the mourning of the 5th. Everywhere else in the game my characters operate at top speed. The lag on the megaserver for Dry Top at least makes it unplay-able, I might as well say I got new content that lasted 3 days. I can’t even think of going back in there until this issue is solved or wait until we go beyond Dry Top. Adios achievement they simply can’t be done under such condition.
Has anyone else experience this?
Please discuss.

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Posted by: Ranger Hussy.9523

Ranger Hussy.9523

that topic has nothing to do with the lag today

Guild {PPP} Guild Leader

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

There is the framrate issue, which kinda makes sense with the stuff they’re doing there.

But there is also skill lag/server lag issue that popped up yesterday that makes the zone unplayable, I’m fine everywhere but this zone. There are some on the forums reporting that everything is fine, but every map i get into everyone in map chat is reporting the same lag issues.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Not just the Dry Top megaserver, but also the instanced Living Story components as well. I was getting chronic lagging this morning both in the time it took for particle effects to update properly (or even bothering to appear on-screen at all), and even key presses going unregistered no matter how many times I was trying to cast spells and dodge. These issues were in addition to server lag/server dropout issues I’ve been getting over the last couple of days.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: cpryme.4830

cpryme.4830

Yes, i’ve been experiencing it for the better part of an hour and I finally gave up to go play other game content. The rest of the game seems to play just fine so I can’t blame it on my internet connection and with a bunch of people in the Dry Top map chat making the same comments on lag issues I can only assume its something with the server. Please fix it. It’s unplayable because the lag is so frequent and so long. I cannot use the aspect skills or my own skills and I keep dying randomly. I went to chop an ancient sapling and died….really?

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Thanks for all the feedback folks, just so you know I have a big rig and the 3 first days went without incident but then again this is Saturday week-end time.

Posted by: Kate Soulguard.7132

Kate Soulguard.7132

I was just in Dry Top and the lag made the game unplayable.

This is not a complaint about a framerate issue. I was getting about 40-50fps. It was fine.

It would take literally 5-10 seconds for my skill actions to translate on map. Targeted leaps would only go a fraction of the distance I had specified. It was unplayable.

Posted by: Varen Ash.4708

Varen Ash.4708

I experienced the same all day yesterday. This morning (early) things seemed normal, but as the day progressed, it reached an unplayable state. It’s especially difficult when trying to use the aspects. It seems that there is a few-second delay between hitting the key and the jump/flip/dash happening. This can be comedic the first time or two, but just frustrating after that.