Dry top and the Megaserver

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I just want to point out to the developers that it’s not nice to close a map people are working hard to level up. Make the recipes available in the Silver Waste too please? Dry Top is dead and even with taxiing players in the zone wants to close. The next one was even worse.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Idk if this is the right place to post this….. but…

I need recipes for the ambrite weapons.

Earlier today, I went to Dry Top, helped get it to t4….. realized my geodes were in the bank.

I left to go get them, and returned to a t1 dry top.

I couldn’t get back into to that t4 to save my life.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Earlier today, I went to Dry Top, helped get it to t4….. realized my geodes were in the bank.

In that situation, you need to party with someone before you leave, that’s all. Then you can join on them.

TheBlackLeech.9360

In that situation, you need to party with someone before you leave, that’s all. Then you can join on them.

That is simply a workaround to the problem and not a solution.

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

I agree on that. The silence around MegaServers is there because a lot of players have given up complaining, not because there are no more problems. This – the inability to freely choose the instance you want to go to – is one of them IMO. Look at the amount of organization that is necessary to assemble players in a zone for events that need coordination – you have to fight the game itself now before you can fight IN the game. That’s not what it should be like.

TheBlackLeech.9360

and well….. that doesn’t always work either.

Attachments:

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

While I agree that trying to get anything out of Dry Top is a pain now, simply shifting the loot over to The Silverwastes would just be the final nail in the coffin. A very steep currency exchange could be implemented, or some form of buff/item dropped in each zone to encourage play in the other (no, not lockpicks/keys – that just encourages a quick visit and opening a chest).

As for the geodes issue, if they simply went into the wallet like all currencies should do…

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Just going to reply and explain you can’t really do anything other than the suggestions I’ll list. For example about this (joining party)

Which you say is:

-snip-
and well….. that doesn’t always work either.

Megaserver works THAT WAY (and in better form too). In the old pre mega, you have to be guesting in a server where certain map is populated, but that isn’t any better. Why? For example, if you happen to be in a server where people always do the zone you like (i.e. Silverwaste), you can:
a) be lucky and get in the zone, but you still cant guarantee a spot when you get back (same issue you had, or map full)
b) be unlucky and get in the overflow everytime (map full) you try, because all other players from other server guest to your server and the “natives” complain about the guests “taking their spot” (and you end up having the same issue).

So either Mega or not, you can do the following to save your spot:
a) Don’t leave the zone unless you absolutely need to
b) Be in a party
c) Bring your bank access with you, buy it at TP if you are in a pinch
d) In the case of Silverwaste, have the utility NPC at camp spawn the bank for you
e) Just help the zone to reach your goal

Anet does not implement anything that saves players spot in a zone. And even if there’s district thingie implemented, if you LEAVE the zone, if that district is full when you get back, you’re still out of luck. Maybe Anet can sell Gem item to save your spot. But the thing is, assuming you’re in that same DTop instance, you still can’t guarantee you will have T4 because for all you know, the zone just reset back…

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

(edited by DeathMetal.8264)

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Its not dead at all.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Its not dead at all.

What time zone are you playing in?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I wondered what would happen when people moved on from Dry Top. How will new players ever get some of those recipes? If the recipes are meant to be temporary like Festival recipes, it should be made more obvious. AFAIK, Dry Top is a permanent map not a Festival map like the Labyrinthine Cliffs.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Where’s this Dry Top? I have 100% world completion on my ranger and I’ve never seen such a place.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Check west of Brisban Wildlands for both of the new zones.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

If possible, maybe the population cap could be increased until some kind of forced split is workable. Still, I played on off hours and just accepted that a lot of extra farming and reduced expectations was necessary.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Where’s this Dry Top? I have 100% world completion on my ranger and I’ve never seen such a place.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dry_top#Getting_There
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Silverwastes#Getting_there

Even though both Dry Top and Silverwastes have vistas, points of interest, and skill challenges, the don’t have renowned hearts and neither zone counts toward map completion.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Its not dead at all.

What time zone are you playing in?

Ocx. Just check the lfg tool for a taxi to a coordinated map.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]