Dual legendaries solution?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Some people have dual legendaries. Like two incinerators, but with this new update you can have multiple skins of the same weapon. So, will all those people with dual legendaries get 1 free legendary to compensate? It’s like 1 of their legendaries just disappeared. People that have for example Eternity, get both Twilight and Sunrise, but dual wielders don’t get anything like that.

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Make all legendaries bind on equip after the patch so people with multiple of the same legendary can sell theirs.

But who are we kidding that wont happen, ncsoft would lose money.

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

You’re not losing anything, you still have a weapon that can change stats on the fly, for free, forever.

The skins cannot change stats.

You chose to make 2 of the same legendary. You’ve enjoyed it until now. You’re still going to enjoy it. It still outshines every other weapon due to being able to switch stats. What are you hoping for?

Stop complaining for no reason.

Here, I’ll give this topic some fuel to keep going:

Provide one reason (a real one, not one born out of regret and entitlement) why you should be refunded for making the same LEGENDARY twice.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

(edited by Realist.5812)

Posted by: WGuardian.1028

WGuardian.1028

People who has Eternity will still have Eternity and skin of this legendary to use on any appropriate weapon. And they will get SKINS of Twilight and Sunrise, not legendary weapons. For those with 2+ legendaries of the same type: u will still have 2+ legendary WEAPONS and skin to use on appropriate weapon.
I understand that most people made their 2d legendary of same type just to get skin but i dont know what to say to them anyway u have 2 weapons on wich u can choose stats u like

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

Make all legendaries bind on equip after the patch so people with multiple of the same legendary can sell theirs.

That would be glorious.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They would not lose any money, it is such a small number of people that while it would be a nice gesture would be way more work than could be justified.

Realist.5812

Explain how nc soft would lose money? There is no logic behind that statement. Literally none. It makes NO sense.

The only thing that will happen is the market will be flooded with legendaries (if they listen to the cries of regret, that is), making them cheaper and cheaper and cheaper and cheaper.

Which opens up the POSSIBILITY of people spending $$$ to buy one since they will be hundreds cheaper, which would result in NCSoft GAINING money.

Logic.

ALL IS VAIN.

Posted by: PacoXI.7690

PacoXI.7690

I honestly don’t think there should be any compensation. Every new system should have to be retroactive with the old for various reasons.

What about the people who bought multiple Abyss/Celestial dyes.

What about the people who destroyed armor skins.

What about the people who have 500+ glory boosters

What about the people who spent tons of gold/$$$ on server transfers.

You can’t waste time trying to compensate for everything that happened in the past because its “fair” cause you will never reach “fair”. Someone will always get the short end of the stick.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Not only do you have legendary stats, but they are now account bound. You aren’t losing anything.

I’d be more understanding to someone who bought multiple 100g+ dyes for multiple characters. Or 8 of the same T3.

Zepidel.5349

Not only do you have legendary stats, but they are now account bound. You aren’t losing anything.

I’d be more understanding to someone who bought multiple 100g+ dyes for multiple characters. Or 8 of the same T3.

you are losing 2500 gold that could of been spent on another legendary?

No biggie I guess I make that much gold in a week

Realist.5812

How are you losing 2500g? I’m quite confused as to how you come to this conclusion. Honestly.

No one is taking your item away. It will still be able to SWAP STATS. You chose to make it. You’ve enjoyed the item, that’s why you made it in the first place, you didn’t make it because you didn’t want it, you made it because you wanted another. You will continue to enjoy using it even after this patch.

Where exactly are you losing anything, let alone 2500g?

ALL IS VAIN.

Zepidel.5349

How are you losing 2500g? I’m quite confused as to how you come to this conclusion. Honestly.

No one is taking your item away. It will still be able to SWAP STATS. You chose to make it. You’ve enjoyed the item, that’s why you made it in the first place, you didn’t make it because you didn’t want it, you made it because you wanted another. You will continue to enjoy using it even after this patch.

pre-patch you spend 4-5k gold for 2 1h legendaries to dual wield them.

Post-patch you only need to spend 2.5k or so for one.

This is not about stats, stop saying that. 1 ascended weapon costs about 75 gold in mats if you have 500 craft. 500 craft is about 200 gold. So if you really want to be stingy about this it costs 2.8k or so instead of 4-5. IDK about you but losing that much gold is pretty crappy.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Some people have dual legendaries. Like two incinerators, but with this new update you can have multiple skins of the same weapon. So, will all those people with dual legendaries get 1 free legendary to compensate? It’s like 1 of their legendaries just disappeared. People that have for example Eternity, get both Twilight and Sunrise, but dual wielders don’t get anything like that.

By playing an MMO you acknowledge that things can change without notice, and forfeit any right to compensation outside what the managing company chooses to give out.

The reason people with Eternity get both sub-weapons is because it’s a case of “if they have this, it’s because they had the weapons to make it.”

Zepidel.5349

By playing an MMO you acknowledge that things can change without notice, and forfeit any right to compensation outside what the managing company chooses to give out.

The reason people with Eternity get both sub-weapons is because it’s a case of “if they have this, it’s because they had the weapons to make it.”

The legendary grind is the biggest (most disgusting and shameless) grind I HAVE EVER SEEN in an online game.

2500 gold = at best 5-13 gold an hour, so lets say 10 and be real conserverative about this. thats 250 hours of pure non stop grinding at maximum efficiency (no fun allowed). For most people 5 gold an hour is smoking along and thats 500 hours of champ train farming, now lets take playing the actual game (having fun) you make about 2g an hour, that’s over 1k hours of play to afford a legendary.

compared to ~25 hours of working a minimum wage job to convert gems into gold to buy any legendary you want.

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

To point out, having both legendaries also guarantees both of your weapons will ALWAYS be BiS. Even if they add a tier after Ascended in the future. (Please don’t T.T)

Ultimately, there’s no use crying about it. You made two legendary weapons. You will still have two legendary weapons. There will probably NOT be a refund for you.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

This is not about stats, stop saying that. 1 ascended weapon costs about 75 gold in mats if you have 500 craft. 500 craft is about 200 gold. So if you really want to be stingy about this it costs 2.8k or so instead of 4-5. IDK about you but losing that much gold is pretty crappy.

Stop saying that? Why? Because its the truth?
As people are pointing out and you can’t seem to answer the question – what are you losing?
You are not losing 2500g. You will still have both Legendary. They aren’t taking them away. People with Eternity are not getting Twilight and Sunrise. They are getting the skins because they were on the path, but they are not getting the benefit of 2 additional Legendary stat weapons. Just as you will get the skin for the precursor you used.
If you were losing something, there’s be an argument here, but you’re not losing anything at all. Besides the fact it provides an precedent, because what wouldnt be fair would be reimbursing self-entitled Legendary owners who think they’re losing something when they aren’t and not everyone who has spent any amount of coin, gems or time getting multiple skins.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Hmmm, I don’t really see why people are getting so angry. If they really did ‘compensate’ people with 2 legendaries by making one tradable, how would it affect you anyways? Reversing the argument around, if the compensation does occur, you aren’t losing anything as a person who isn’t affected.

What I wanna know more about however, is what are they going to do about the Eternity exploit.

Posted by: Stalvros.9217

Stalvros.9217

sorry, did i miss something?
has this update been launched yet?
Cause i wanna have another legendary skin XD

If you put your mind into it, you can accomplish anything.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Hmmm, I don’t really see why people are getting so angry. If they really did ‘compensate’ people with 2 legendaries by making one tradable, how would it affect you anyways? Reversing the argument around, if the compensation does occur, you aren’t losing anything as a person who isn’t affected.

What I wanna know more about however, is what are they going to do about the Eternity exploit.

Which exploit is that? Unlocking the previous skins? Its not an exploit. Those people unlocked the 2 previous skins and therefore will have them unlocked in their wardrobe, exactly the same as it will be post-patch as well. They are not gaining additional Legendaries. They are simply having previous skins that they had unlocked.
How does it affect me if Legendary people get compensated? It doesn’t. However, the precedent is set. If they get “compensated” for not losing anything at all, then all should be compensated for every dual-wield and duplicate skin for alts thats been farmed or bought as well. If Legendary users can get compensated for no reason, then everyone else should too.
We are really stretching the use of the word “compensation” here……since there’s nothing being lost or taken away, there is nothing to compensate for.

(edited by MrRuin.9740)

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Legenderies will Hopefully not be “compensated” nor refunded or anything because those who made two of the same will still have the benefit of having their legendaies with Legendary stats whereas Legendary skins will simply be skins wich will have the stats of the weapons they where applied to

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

The actual game is 50% off this weekend. Someone can buy 2 copies and have more character slots, storage etc. for the same price that you paid originally. Do you seriously expect “compensation” in the form of $30/euros/etc. because someone can now buy it cheaper? Or get another game for free because GW2 went on sale? I hope not.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The actual game is 50% off this weekend. Someone can buy 2 copies and have more character slots, storage etc. for the same price that you paid originally. Do you seriously expect “compensation” in the form of $30/euros/etc. because someone can now buy it cheaper? Or get another game for free because GW2 went on sale? I hope not.

Oh god, now you have done it. They will start this now.

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

I have a wonderful solution here:
On April 15th, every Soulbound Legendary should be unbound and tradable. But they should change the code, so that people can sell these weapons for maximum 5g on the TP.

I mean seriously why do you guys even dare to demand a compensation. A lot of you “Dual Wielders” also demanded that we get a wardrobe. Now we get one and you´re still not satisfied.
You will still have 2 BiS items and you can even use them on every character on your account. I really miss the point why you´re so angry now. Simply because you were allowed to have the fun of dual wielding Incinerator even BEFORE the new feature patch?
That´s like going to a restaurant, eating a steak, then watch the price for beef drop and demand a refund from the restaurant. Who the hell would ever give you that compensation? And it is the same in this game….

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

This has got to be a joke.
Compensation because you had so much money that you made 2 legendaries?

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

That is a horrible idea anyway. Economically speaking.

If people made 2 of the same legendary’s and are demanding compensation, well they are just over entitled. They should have known an update like this would of happened. It just makes sense.

Rawr?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

The solution is having 2 items with the highest attainable stats which can also be changed according to your build. There, it is fixed.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

You’re not losing anything, you still have a weapon that can change stats on the fly, for free, forever. […]

I strongly hope this will not the main selling point of legendaries in the future, they were ment to be basically just kittening nice skins.
Stats switch should be extended to ascended too, if we continue to repeat legendary = stats switch, ascended will remain an unpleasant addition to this game, forever (at least for many people who like build diversity and alts).

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

(edited by Erick Alastor.3917)

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Then the market will be flooded with legendaries, what a great idea, like really so then i can buy them up.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: Glaciate.3901

Glaciate.3901

Legendaries will be account bound, you could just keep one Legendary on your class (lets assume its a dual dagger thief), craft an ascended dagger (very cheap) with the stats you prefer to use, put the incinerator skin on it and you could give the other incinerator to lets say a scepter/dagger necro. Both thief and necro will be running with legendaries (highest weapon stats and exchangeable stats at any time) and thief still remains with two incinerators and top stats.

Posted by: albus.4273

albus.4273

L33T-ism and QQing go hand in hand?!?!

mind = blown

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I don’t have a single legendary, but i feel for people who has dual legendaries.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Which exploit is that? Unlocking the previous skins? Its not an exploit. Those people unlocked the 2 previous skins and therefore will have them unlocked in their wardrobe, exactly the same as it will be post-patch as well. They are not gaining additional Legendaries. They are simply having previous skins that they had unlocked.
How does it affect me if Legendary people get compensated? It doesn’t. However, the precedent is set. If they get “compensated” for not losing anything at all, then all should be compensated for every dual-wield and duplicate skin for alts thats been farmed or bought as well. If Legendary users can get compensated for no reason, then everyone else should too.
We are really stretching the use of the word “compensation” here……since there’s nothing being lost or taken away, there is nothing to compensate for.

The exploit is soulbinding both Sunrise and Twilight, and then making Eternity. You then sell Eternity, getting most of your money back and keeping both skins (Sunrise + Twilight). Call it a loophole if you will, but that’s clearly not supposed to happen.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The only thing that will happen is the market will be flooded with legendaries (if they listen to the cries of regret, that is), making them cheaper and cheaper and cheaper and cheaper.

It won’t. the number of people with this problem is already so small to be almost inconsequential, and not all of them would sell their legendaries. At worst it would double the small legendary supply on tp for a short while, which won’t change the situation much. Remember, also, that at the same time there will likely be more people trying to buy a legendary, due to wardrobe multiple skins bonus. And some of people that sold one legendary will use that money to buy a different one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

We are missing out because we could have spent that money on a different legendary skin. Also there are a few misconceptions you have, people with dyes are getting refunded just not with the same dye. Ascended weapons are more functional than stat changing legendary weapons because of sigils. Finally, if you believe all the worth of a legendary is in the purple text and stat chainging then surely you would agree with dual wielders simply getting to pick a new legendary skin for their wardrobe to replace their now worthless one. This is the best and easiest option as according to most of the anti compensation folks the skin is worth nothing. Not only do people with dual legendaries “lose nothing”, but we also “gain nothing” aka the skin.

hazenvirus.8154

You’re not losing anything, you still have a weapon that can change stats on the fly, for free, forever.

You chose to make 2 of the same legendary. You’ve enjoyed it until now. You’re still going to enjoy it. It still outshines every other weapon due to being able to switch stats. What are you hoping for?

Provide one reason (a real one, not one born out of regret and entitlement) why you should be refunded for making the same LEGENDARY twice.

People who bought the same dyes are being refunded with unid dyes, so dual legendary owners should be refunded at least one unid legendary weapon or skin?

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Or ANet decided to draw the line at gem store purchases and unidentified dyes. It’s completely up to them. No one is entitled to compensation.

What is the (subjective) gold value of the time you spent having dual legendaries/skins, and having that “prestige” when others didn’t? To dual owners, maybe it’s only 1 copper. To ANet, maybe it’s 2500g.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

hazenvirus.8154

Or ANet decided to draw the line at gem store purchases and unidentified dyes. It’s completely up to them. No one is entitled to compensation.

What is the (subjective) gold value of the time you spent having dual legendaries/skins, and having that “prestige” when others didn’t? To dual owners, maybe it’s only 1 copper. To ANet, maybe it’s 2500g.

To dual owners the skin is the legendary. Any dual owner will tell you that the stat swapping is less functional than making a couple ascended weapons because of the inability to swap sigils. Stat swapping sounds good until you try and move it between different builds that need different sigils to perform optimally.

We might not be entitled, but we still get to have a say. If your only argument is that we are not entitled anything then you must agree that compensation would be ideal to nothing. Everyone would get what they want, no one would have to be disappointed.

If you don’t think that is ideal though, then I think you are using entitlement to mask some other issue you have with compensating dual legendary owners.

hazenvirus.8154

Another good point is that people who made Eternity are being given Sunrise and Twilight skins. Why would it be so bad to give people with dual legendaries the option of just a new skin of their choice in the wardrobe. Obviously Eternity would have to be off limits, but this would appease everyone I think.

Sera.6539

To dual owners the skin is the legendary. Any dual owner will tell you that the stat swapping is less functional than making a couple ascended weapons because of the inability to swap sigils. Stat swapping sounds good until you try and move it between different builds that need different sigils to perform optimally.

We might not be entitled, but we still get to have a say. If your only argument is that we are not entitled anything then you must agree that compensation would be ideal to nothing. Everyone would get what they want, no one would have to be disappointed.

If you don’t think that is ideal though, then I think you are using entitlement to mask some other issue you have with compensating dual legendary owners.

Sure compensation is ideal to nothing. Something is better than nothing in most cases. But if you are not entitled anything, why should you receive it?

The issue is that not everyone can be compensated. ANet HAS to draw the line somewhere, and that’s up to them. ANet could shut the game down and that would be the end of that. We are at their mercy. Are gem store purchases more entitled to compensation than dual skin owners? Is a guy who salvaged a precursor entitled to a new one? The answer is probably no to the first, and a definite no to the second. ANet may do something about it, they may not.

You have a say, of course you do. But my opinion is that people make a conscious decision to do what they did in game. That means fully accepting the present and future pros / cons of their decision. If it meant hocking stacks of Silk Scraps before Ascended Tailoring was announced. If it meant wardrobe skins being in the possible future, if it means Meteorlogicus becomes uglier. Is it fair? Probably not, but you still made that decision, and knew that ANet could change something up.

Did you enjoy the time you had before the change? That’s another question that ANet has to contemplate as well.. My friends have gotten some expensive skins like Wings of Dwayna or Infinite Light in sPvP, without much effort. On the other hand, I grinded my kitten off for both of them. But I got to have it around in PvE before they did. So long as they don’t be an kitten about having the skins, I’m not terribly bothered by it.

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

actually, for me stat swapping was one of the few reasons to finally make a legendary. now that they do get account bound, I’m gonna make one or two more, been sitting on most of the mats for a long time unsure whether it was worth it. I’d still prefer stat-swappable armor though, having multiple sets on so many chars is just a waste of space and annoying after a while.

I’ve equipped two chars with ascended (partially infused) stuff for fractals, should I be whining now as well because that was a waste as they become account bound as well? I got out of them what I wanted – two chars ready for fractals for months before this update hit.

don’t blame ANet for making a decision you regret now, especially if it’s something so predictable with the way they started making stuff accountbound. and as others said, you were able to have your two legendaries equipped for a long time before this patch hit, you got your value out of it – if you didn’t think dualwielding was worth it, you simply shouldn’t have made two.
if you decide to buy two SLI graphics cards for improved performance and a year later ANet did some performance tweaking so you could just use one card for the same result, you wouldn’t expect a refund either.

hazenvirus.8154

Sure compensation is ideal to nothing. Something is better than nothing in most cases. But if you are not entitled anything, why should you receive it?

The issue is that not everyone can be compensated. ANet HAS to draw the line somewhere, and that’s up to them. ANet could shut the game down and that would be the end of that. We are at their mercy. Are gem store purchases more entitled to compensation than dual skin owners? Is a guy who salvaged a precursor entitled to a new one? The answer is probably no to the first, and a definite no to the second. ANet may do something about it, they may not.

You have a say, of course you do. But my opinion is that people make a conscious decision to do what they did in game. That means fully accepting the present and future pros / cons of their decision. If it meant hocking stacks of Silk Scraps before Ascended Tailoring was announced. If it meant wardrobe skins being in the possible future, if it means Meteorlogicus becomes uglier. Is it fair? Probably not, but you still made that decision, and knew that ANet could change something up.

Did you enjoy the time you had before the change? That’s another question that ANet has to contemplate as well.. My friends have gotten some expensive skins like Wings of Dwayna or Infinite Light in sPvP, without much effort. On the other hand, I grinded my kitten off for both of them. But I got to have it around in PvE before they did. So long as they don’t be an kitten about having the skins, I’m not terribly bothered by it.

So your argument is that whatever anet decides is okay for the game, because anet can’t realistically be expected to make everyone happy. The reason you believe this is because you believe we shouldn’t be entitled to anything. I was asking for an actual reason, but all you have done is regurgitated the same hollow argument back at me. Why should we recieve anything? Maybe because happy customers spend more money or is making people happy about their choices not something the developers should strive for? You will of course argue that we are such a small minority as to not be worthy of the same courtesy, but I don’t think it is too much for anet to try and please their paying customers just like any business. We can come up with many good reasons and all you have to say is you don’t matter you are not entitled. Great your argument works for anything that isn’t a contractual agreement. What we are talking about really though is good faith. It is a gesture of good faith that we hope for and it is our hope that by voicing our concerns anet will compensate us as a gesture of good faith.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

People who bought the same dyes are being refunded with unid dyes, so dual legendary owners should be refunded at least one unid legendary weapon or skin?

Well, for it to be really comparable it would be a “random ascended weapon drop, with a chance of legendary”.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

A legendary weapon for free.
After this, I think I’ve read them all.

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

This would be amazing, just like my 4 abyss, 6 celes and 2 midnight ice dyes can become a commen/uncommen/rare dye thanks to the unid dye refund, dual legendarys should become 1 unidentified weapon with exo/ascended/legendary stats. Its going to be AMAZING to lose your legendary item to an exotic weapon.

Also this thread asks for a solution but lets face it, there is no problem. Some people win dual wield skins and some people spend 1900 ish gold te have it before the patch. Some people gain more than others nothing more, nothing less.

hazenvirus.8154

actually, for me stat swapping was one of the few reasons to finally make a legendary. now that they do get account bound, I’m gonna make one or two more, been sitting on most of the mats for a long time unsure whether it was worth it. I’d still prefer stat-swappable armor though, having multiple sets on so many chars is just a waste of space and annoying after a while.

I’ve equipped two chars with ascended (partially infused) stuff for fractals, should I be whining now as well because that was a waste as they become account bound as well? I got out of them what I wanted – two chars ready for fractals for months before this update

don’t blame ANet for making a decision you regret now, especially if it’s something so predictable with the way they started making stuff accountbound. and as others said, you were able to have your two legendaries equipped for a long time before this patch hit, you got your value out of it – if you didn’t think dualwielding was worth it, you simply shouldn’t have made two.
if you decide to buy two SLI graphics cards for improved performance and a year later ANet did some performance tweaking so you could just use one card for the same result, you wouldn’t expect a refund either.

That still has more functionality than a second legendary because of sigils and is much cheaper. You can voice your concern if you choose too, I see you have accepted your fate because it isn’t so bad to you though.

I’d also advise against making legendaries for the purpose of saving space. The cost of swapping expensive sigils adds up very fast. Imagine having that amazing legendary armor set and then when you want to play a condition build, but have 6 scholar runes you need to destroy or extract with gems to make it work. If sigil swapping for legendaries were a thing people with dual legendaries could maybe buy into the whole it is still BiS and could change stat thing to fit any build, but we can’t yet because it doesn’t exist.

You really have no basis comparing electronic and physical products of this nature. The fact is you could still use both cards and increase performance further. With this change in your example they have arbitrarily made your first card more powerful and even though your second should be it just isn’t because they said so when in reality it could take advantage of the same performance enhancement.

We are not whining or blaming anet, we are simply asking for compensation as a gesture of good faith. We have every right to ask for this whether you like it or not.

Sera.6539

So your argument is that whatever anet decides is okay for the game, because anet can’t realistically be expected to make everyone happy. The reason you believe this is because you believe we shouldn’t be entitled to anything. I was asking for an actual reason, but all you have done is regurgitated the same hollow argument back at me. Why should we recieve anything? Maybe because happy customers spend more money or is making people happy about their choices not something the developers should strive for? You will of course argue that we are such a small minority as to not be worthy of the same courtesy, but I don’t think it is too much for anet to try and please their paying customers just like any business. We can come up with many good reasons and all you have to say is you don’t matter you are not entitled. Great your argument works for anything that isn’t a contractual agreement. What we are talking about really though is good faith. It is a gesture of good faith that we hope for and it is our hope that by voicing our concerns anet will compensate us as a gesture of good faith.

The other things that you haven’t responded to: the subjective value of the time spent with the “prestige” of having dual skins, how ANet will determine who gets compensation (other than what they decide on their own unknown criteria – which is ever changing since some people report getting a precursor back and some get a SOL response). Did you not make a conscious decision to make a second of the same item knowing that things could change in the future? That if you make X, you get X?

Yes, this is ultimately about good faith. But there has to be concern over the potential impact as well. If you get compensation for dual legendaries, what about the folks with dual expensive exotics, the dual T3, or dual anything for that matter? ANet has decided for now that gemstore (I believe) and unidentified dyes are included right now (gemstore likely due to the chance money may have been involved), and dyes for who knows what reason.

The two biggest suggestions that people have made are:

1. Make one of them non account bound so the person can sell it.
—This will likely tamper with the market a lot more than unidentified dyes will. This is also mildly rewarding those who made a dual skin even more. As they got the (subjective) value of having the two items, then get to sell it off because they no longer want it. The value of a legendary is also ever fluctuating, so what one person spent may not be the same as now.
2. Allow you to switch a second to another legendary.
—What’s the time frame that someone should get included in on this? What if they announced this and then someone makes a second legendary to cash in on the opportunity? Such as what if someone spent less money on X legendary and then gets to choose more expensive Y legendary? They would also have to implement a way to exchange, which means more time spent, and if that happens to be bugged to be exploitive, oh man.

I’m more okay with suggestion 2, than 1. But my belief is that there was still a decision made to get two of a single item. You should have to live with that decision.

Come April 15th and the following weeks, I guess we’ll see what ANet’s stance is on it.

(edited by Sera.6539)

hazenvirus.8154

I don’t think I’ll ever understand why people oppose compensation for things like this. Perhapes they just enjoy when people suffer more than they do, it isn’t really a free legendary either. We made two legendary weapons. The new system makes one skin redundant and useless. We get a skin as compensation (not a legendary weapon) just the wardrobe skin. Anet has also hinted that they will be allowing gemstore refunds, “you can request a refund for gemstore items after April 15th.” Why not refunding legendaries in the manner I suggested too. There is no reason not to support refunds for everything and leave it up to anet to make the distinction when the time comes. All I see is people who are bitter that we exercise our forum privileges to ask for a good faith refund that will effect them in no way.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

You aren’t losing any gold. You wanna know what’s losing gold ? Having bought 8 Pyre dyes in January at nearly 200g. After the patch, those people are getting 7 unidentified dyes which will probably be a common dye.

I might have chosen an extreme example, but given the playerbase, I’m pretty sure some players are going to lose an excessive amount of gold because of duplicate flame & frost/toxic/gem store exclusive dyes.

Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

if compensation is valid here, then we must say. Anytime there is a change regardless of item or cost those who spend time or gold acquiring that item should be compensated. If you do not agree with this then the compensation for dual legendary argument holds no water.

One persons gold or time should not be more valuable than the others.

hazenvirus.8154

You aren’t losing any gold. You wanna know what’s losing gold ? Having bought 8 Pyre dyes in January at nearly 200g. After the patch, those people are getting 7 unidentified dyes which will probably be a common dye.

I might have chosen an extreme example, but given the playerbase, I’m pretty sure some players are going to lose an excessive amount of gold because of duplicate flame & frost/toxic/gem store exclusive dyes.

Humor me and pretend legendaries are only the skin for a moment. Do you agree it is at least as bad as your dye example in that case?