Dual legendaries solution?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Double post somehow. I hate posting from my phone…

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

I don’t think I’ll ever understand why people oppose compensation for things like this. Perhapes they just enjoy when people suffer more than they do, it isn’t really a free legendary either. We made two legendary weapons. The new system makes one skin redundant and useless. We get a skin as compensation (not a legendary weapon) just the wardrobe skin. Anet has also hinted that they will be allowing gemstore refunds, “you can request a refund for gemstore items after April 15th.” Why not refunding legendaries in the manner I suggested too. There is no reason not to support refunds for everything and leave it up to anet to make the distinction when the time comes. All I see is people who are bitter that we exercise our forum privileges to ask for a good faith refund that will effect them in no way.

And I will never understand the people who want compensation. You have been running around with dual weapons for some time now. At the instant that you equipped the second one you extracted whatever value you wanted from them in terms of “prestige” or making others “bitter” or “jelly” (lol). And you are not asking for compensation, you are asking for a windfall profit based on some hypothetical way that you would have changed your behavior in the past.

(edited by thehipone.6812)

hazenvirus.8154

I don’t think I’ll ever understand why people oppose compensation for things like this. Perhapes they just enjoy when people suffer more than they do, it isn’t really a free legendary either. We made two legendary weapons. The new system makes one skin redundant and useless. We get a skin as compensation (not a legendary weapon) just the wardrobe skin. Anet has also hinted that they will be allowing gemstore refunds, “you can request a refund for gemstore items after April 15th.” Why not refunding legendaries in the manner I suggested too. There is no reason not to support refunds for everything and leave it up to anet to make the distinction when the time comes. All I see is people who are bitter that we exercise our forum privileges to ask for a good faith refund that will effect them in no way.

And I will never understand the people who want compensation. You have been running around with dual weapons for some time now. At the instant that you equipped the second one you extracted whatever value you wanted from them in terms of “prestige” or making others “bitter” or “jelly” (lol). And you are not asking for compensation, you are asking for a windfall profit based on some hypothetical way that you would have changed your behavior in the past.

Anyone who didn’t making a dual legendary is getting a windfall profit if they created just one. It isn’t hypothetical either. I never would have made a second legendary weapon, and I have stated the reasons more than enough, so please take the time to read them before you comment.

I got my 2nd legendary weapon for myself because I liked the skin. Now that 2nd skin has been rendered redundant and useless according to my arguments about the functionality of legendary weapons and their ascended counterparts.

All I am asking is that anet considers my position to offer compensation. I don’t want to profit, I just don’t want my work to be reduced to nothing, based on my arguments for legendaries being worth less than ascended weapons functionally.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Humor me and pretend legendaries are only the skin for a moment. Do you agree it is at least as bad as your dye example in that case?

Of course if it was just the skin it would be bad. You know, like how a lot of players bought the same gem store item for their character and aren’t getting any compensation.
Or some who crafted multiple Infinite Light/Mjolnir/Immobulus.
Once the update hits, crafting/buying those item more than once is a waste of money.

But duplicate legendaries won’t ever be such a waste. It’s an account wide BiS with switchable stats weapon.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Anyone who didn’t making a dual legendary is getting a windfall profit if they created just one. It isn’t hypothetical either. I never would have made a second legendary weapon, and I have stated the reasons more than enough, so please take the time to read them before you comment.

I got my 2nd legendary weapon for myself because I liked the skin. Now that 2nd skin has been rendered redundant and useless according to my arguments about the functionality of legendary weapons and their ascended counterparts.

All I am asking is that anet considers my position to offer compensation. I don’t want to profit, I just don’t want my work to be reduced to nothing, based on my arguments for legendaries being worth less than ascended weapons functionally.

There should be no compensation for your 2ed legendary we all make our buys and sells knowing that one day it may end up being a bad ideal to do this act but we still do it because if you look to far and always question what would be the better way we would never do any thing. Look at it this way do you eat the seeds of corn or do you use these seed to grow more corn. If you just eat them all you will simply run out of corn and die in the long run if you never eat the corn and just simply grow more corn you will die because your not eating. Your going to lose out on something every time you make a chose but you gain too and to forget the time of use (if the skin is important to you) is wrong.

You got your worth out of your 2ed legendary and most likely going to keep getting worth out of it even though the skin is not that rare for you any more. The fact that they are making them account bound should add a great deal more worth to your 2ed legendary not even from a skin point of view (say if you have the dagger and want to put it on a necro fire may not be the best look you can simply transmute it to a different dagger skin that fits the necro and now you have a dagger on your necro with the best that you can have for a dagger and your ability to changes it at any time you want). Also now that you can switch builds any time you want in a way legendarily are going to be more important because they too can changes on the fly with your build with out needed to have 10 weapons in your bags.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

I don’t think I’ll ever understand why people oppose compensation for things like this. … All I see is people who are bitter that we exercise our forum privileges to ask for a good faith refund that will effect them in no way.

There are always the handful of people who oppose everything. In threads like these there are also always quite a few people who react less to actual request itself than they do to the degree they believe the poster feels they are “owed it” or “deserve it”. The opposition is triggered by “We should get…” or “You owe us…” language they see as indicating a feeling of entitlement to the request as opposed to “It would be nice if…” language indicating a simple request for something desired but not owed.

Ultimately though, I know a lot of people get fed up with these types of threads in general because they will come in an endless stream unless the game is never changed in any way or the company makes a blanket policy of never giving any compensation to anyone for anything ever. Everything hurts someone, somehow. If you grind out a top tier item and they release a higher tier, some people will be hurt. If items are character bound, so you grind out one for a second character even though your first character has one they don’t use, the Anet makes those items account bound instead… well, you did all that work for nothing.

If someone is going to be “hurt” by every change, and we want the changes to keep coming, and we want the company to be able to mitigate the effects of the worst harms, even though they can’t try to compensate everyone for everything…. then there will always be an arbitrary cut-off line where people who got hurt just a little differently got compensated while other people didn’t. There isn’t any other way for it to be. Which means some people have to be the ones that get left out. And if they always come to the forum to complain, we will just have a never ending stream of these complaints.

After a while some people fall back to an attitude of, “It has to be somebody, and that somebody is you, so suck it up, stop your whining, and go play your game.”

thehipone.6812

What you have now: Incinerator (or bolt or whatever) in each hand.
What you have after patch: Incinerator in each hand.
What you want: Incinerator in each hand plus 2500g/another legendary.

All the would’ve, should’ve, could’ve is completely irrelevant. I would have bought up all of the precursors after karka event if I knew that drop rates would continue to be lower after the event. You voluntarily entered into a transaction in which the value of the purchased item exceeded the cost. Yes, people who wait sometimes get half off sales.

(edited by thehipone.6812)

hazenvirus.8154

All the would’ve, should’ve, could’ve is completely irrelevant. I would have bought up all of the precursors after karka event if I knew that drop rates would continue to be lower after the event. You voluntarily entered into a transaction in which the value of the purchased item exceeded the cost. Yes, people who wait sometimes get half off sales.

It is clear to me now that none of you even bother to read my posts.

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

That still has more functionality than a second legendary because of sigils and is much cheaper. You can voice your concern if you choose too, I see you have accepted your fate because it isn’t so bad to you though.

I’d also advise against making legendaries for the purpose of saving space. The cost of swapping expensive sigils adds up very fast. Imagine having that amazing legendary armor set and then when you want to play a condition build, but have 6 scholar runes you need to destroy or extract with gems to make it work. If sigil swapping for legendaries were a thing people with dual legendaries could maybe buy into the whole it is still BiS and could change stat thing to fit any build, but we can’t yet because it doesn’t exist.

You really have no basis comparing electronic and physical products of this nature. The fact is you could still use both cards and increase performance further. With this change in your example they have arbitrarily made your first card more powerful and even though your second should be it just isn’t because they said so when in reality it could take advantage of the same performance enhancement.

We are not whining or blaming anet, we are simply asking for compensation as a gesture of good faith. We have every right to ask for this whether you like it or not.

swapping stats is indeed not useful for a completely different build, but it allows to try out things without having to buy a full set only to find out your theory doesn’t work. even then, I’d still like to be able to swap say from zerker to assassin or even knight if I venture to wvw and need a bit more toughness. or for the wurm, where during phase 1 PVT provides the highest possible damage. I won’t ever buy a pvt set as it’s completely useless in every other game mode, but being able to swap stats for those 15 minutes would be nice. in addition, since trinkets, rings and amulets/backpieces don’t hold any runes, statswapping would still be amazing, even though the upgrades are fixed.

I see no difference between electronics or an ingame item, in this specific instance. people ask for compensation because something they worked for is now no longer necessary. whether that be ingame hours or hours working for your paycheck. they had value all the time when they did wield two identical legendaries. since it’s obvious they care deeply about the look of their secondary weapon, they seem to value it highly and thus got something out of it. if they didn’t value it, they made a mistake – but that is still not ANets problem.
most other mmos raise their levelcap every so often – would you expect them to compensate all your former BiS equip for new BiS items? but even this comparison is weak, because nobody loses anything. but those who already have the same legendary twice don’t gain anything either. people with only one get the new possibility to dualwield it. you’re complaining that ANet made their game less grindy because in your instance, you don’t profit from it as much as others (you still get to use your legendary – skin or full – on any alts you want).

asking for unreasonable stuff is your prerogative, just don’t expect sympathy from most of the playerbase (if you’ve seen the stats, the majority of players has less than 10 gold to their name and can only dream of ever aquiring a legendary) for such a rather entitled plea.

(edited by Oranisagu.3706)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

you are losing 2500 gold that could of been spent on another legendary?

No biggie I guess I make that much gold in a week

You aren’t losing any gold. You wanna know what’s losing gold ? Having bought 8 Pyre dyes in January at nearly 200g. After the patch, those people are getting 7 unidentified dyes which will probably be a common dye.

I might have chosen an extreme example, but given the playerbase, I’m pretty sure some players are going to lose an excessive amount of gold because of duplicate flame & frost/toxic/gem store exclusive dyes.

Humor me and pretend legendaries are only the skin for a moment. Do you agree it is at least as bad as your dye example in that case?

Except they aren’t. And i am sure you will be able (with the support’s help) to unbind one in order to sell it. A person with multiple valuable dyes will not be able to “unbind” and sell them.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

hazenvirus.8154

That still has more functionality than a second legendary because of sigils and is much cheaper. You can voice your concern if you choose too, I see you have accepted your fate because it isn’t so bad to you though.

I’d also advise against making legendaries for the purpose of saving space. The cost of swapping expensive sigils adds up very fast. Imagine having that amazing legendary armor set and then when you want to play a condition build, but have 6 scholar runes you need to destroy or extract with gems to make it work. If sigil swapping for legendaries were a thing people with dual legendaries could maybe buy into the whole it is still BiS and could change stat thing to fit any build, but we can’t yet because it doesn’t exist.

You really have no basis comparing electronic and physical products of this nature. The fact is you could still use both cards and increase performance further. With this change in your example they have arbitrarily made your first card more powerful and even though your second should be it just isn’t because they said so when in reality it could take advantage of the same performance enhancement.

We are not whining or blaming anet, we are simply asking for compensation as a gesture of good faith. We have every right to ask for this whether you like it or not.

swapping stats is indeed not useful for a completely different build, but it allows to try out things without having to buy a full set only to find out your theory doesn’t work. even then, I’d still like to be able to swap say from zerker to assassin or even knight if I venture to wvw and need a bit more toughness. or for the wurm, where during phase 1 PVT provides the highest possible damage. I won’t ever buy a pvt set as it’s completely useless in every other game mode, but being able to swap stats for those 15 minutes would be nice. in addition, since trinkets, rings and amulets/backpieces don’t hold any runes, statswapping would still be amazing, even though the upgrades are fixed.

I see no difference between electronics or an ingame item, in this specific instance. people ask for compensation because something they worked for is now no longer necessary. whether that be ingame hours or hours working for your paycheck. they had value all the time when they did wield two identical legendaries. since it’s obvious they care deeply about the look of their secondary weapon, they seem to value it highly and thus got something out of it. if they didn’t value it, they made a mistake – but that is still not ANets problem.
most other mmos raise their levelcap every so often – would you expect them to compensate all your former BiS equip for new BiS items? but even this comparison is weak, because nobody loses anything. but those who already have the same legendary twice don’t gain anything either. people with only one get the new possibility to dualwield it. you’re complaining that ANet made their game less grindy because in your instance, you don’t profit from it as much as others (you still get to use your legendary – skin or full – on any alts you want).

asking for unreasonable stuff is your prerogative, just don’t expect sympathy from most of the playerbase (if you’ve seen the stats, the majority of players has less than 10 gold to their name and can only dream of ever aquiring a legendary) for such a rather entitled plea.

I just explained why there is a difference. If you’d like to discuss the difference you should try and refute my points so we have something to discuss. What I am asking for is not unreasonable or unwarranted because it isn’t actually giving us any more than what we already worked for in the first place. All it is doing is to help retain value of the most expensive items in the game. I am not asking for a new legendary, just the skin to replace the one that is being made redundant in this patch. If you have to you can go based on the average cost over the past months and make me choose one of lesser value. As long as it is close to a fair trade I’ll be happy and so will others facing this issue. At the end of the day it is up to arena net, but I doubt if the decision is made to not refund us it will be because it is specifically unreasonable to refund the legendary, but unreasonable because they don’t want to refund every item in the game. The fact that they have suggested the refunding of gem store items further supports that arena net may not find it unreasonable specifically, but their choice may be based on programming limitations and time.

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

You are not losing anything. in fact you are gaining, you get to use your skin infinitely
except the differences is,

people with one legendary = use it infinitely
people with two legendaries = also use it infinitely.

you just gain less, that’s all, plus you get to keep the stats.

thehipone.6812

Ah yes, the everyone who disagrees with me can’t read/is an idiot defense. I’m done here.

If only I could have predicted the future, maybe I would’ve chosen not to respond to this thread in the first place.

hazenvirus.8154

I addressed all of the things you said early and all you did is restate them again. You added nothing new. What is the point of posting the same thing over again and not addressing any of the points I made?

Ah yes, the everyone who disagrees with me can’t read/is an idiot defense. I’m done here.

If only I could have predicted the future, maybe I would’ve chosen not to respond to this thread in the first place.

I’m just pointing our that you are repeating the same thing over and over. You haven’t responded to any major points I have made in order to defend your argument.

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I just explained why there is a difference. If you’d like to discuss the difference you should try and refute my points so we have something to discuss. What I am asking for is not unreasonable or unwarranted because it isn’t actually giving us any more than what we already worked for in the first place. All it is doing is to help retain value of the most expensive items in the game. I am not asking for a new legendary, just the skin to replace the one that is being made redundant in this patch. If you have to you can go based on the average cost over the past months and make me choose one of lesser value. As long as it is close to a fair trade I’ll be happy and so will others facing this issue. At the end of the day it is up to arena net, but I doubt if the decision is made to not refund us it will be because it is specifically unreasonable to refund the legendary, but unreasonable because they don’t want to refund every item in the game. The fact that they have suggested the refunding of gem store items further supports that arena net may not find it unreasonable specifically, but their choice may be based on programming limitations and time.

no, you said they’re not comparable without any reasoning, I say they are comparable and listed reasons.
you ask to get something others have to work for hard, for free, because you decided you rather wanted to work for the same skin twice. you still don’t lose anything, you only gain less than owners of multiple different legendary weapons.

you’re still not arguing, only complaining and attacking people who do list reasons by ignoring those reasons and even attacking them for not giving reasons or accusing them of not reading – the exact thing you are doing.

I have to agree with the posters before, there’s no sense in continuing in this thread.

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

i cant really get over how all these pepole are saying how theres nothing to complain about and how we will still have 2 legenderies that can change stats
really ?
come on guys dont be stupid you know fine well the cost of a legendery is not worth simply being able to change stats
if there was a way to upgrade your current weapon at the same cost as a legendery you would laugh at the idea and tell Anet to keep there upgrade
no one is ever gona pay 2,5k or whatever the cost of a legendery is these days simply to change stats
this comeing patch belittles my hard work by allowing everyone who made one incinerator to appear to dual weild them where unlike me they did not earn this right and i have
i made my second incinerator long before ascended weapons came out and the ablity to change its stats i done it for the apearance not for the stats but i might as well not have botherd coz now my acomplishment means nothing after this patch unless Anet do something but since all we are geting is silence from them it dosent look very promiseing

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Another good point is that people who made Eternity are being given Sunrise and Twilight skins. Why would it be so bad to give people with dual legendaries the option of just a new skin of their choice in the wardrobe. Obviously Eternity would have to be off limits, but this would appease everyone I think.

Because if you’ve made Eternity, clearly you possessed Sunrise and Twilight. To my knowledge, no other legendary requires you to craft it from 2 other legendary weapons.

But it still doesnt answer the one important question: why should you be compensated? “Because you’re being compensated for duplicate dyes” is not an answer. You bought a duplicate knowing full well beforehand that you would not be compensated for any changes regarding what you bought unless Anet decides otherwise. Well, they havent decided otherwise.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

come on guys dont be stupid you know fine well the cost of a legendery is not worth simply being able to change stats

This is a subjective view point, in the end. Perhaps you think that switching stats on the fly is worth nothing. Maybe ANet thinks it’s worth 2500g.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Korimor.2406

Korimor.2406

Let me start off with this.
I have 3 incinerators. (With 15 other legendaries)
I have 5 female human characters all with t3, and multiple others with cultural armor as I have the Emperor title.
I have purchased multiple of every kind of dye, including abyss, celestial, pyre, regal, etc.
I have 2 mjolnirs.
I have a lot of duplicate gem skins, fractal skins, and black lion skins.

Now, in my opinion The legendary issue is by far the most important. This update is making thousands of gold I have spent useless. Of all of them though I care more about my time and money wasted on my incinerators. You may say “but you can change stats!”. Who cares, I can make ascended weapons easily and have plenty of chests for them. On that note, I made my first two even before they were ascended stats. Did it purely for the skin. Same with the third one that I bought.

The amount of time and gold I have used on all my other duplicate skins/dyes, etc is MAYBE close to being even with what it took for the 2 extra incinerators. And that is a tonn of duplicates not even equal to the two duplicates I have of my legendaries.

I could care less about compensation on anything else. I spent the time and gold to get two extra “legendary skins”. All the hours mapping and getting the gifts for them is now in vain. I got two items which are supposed to be and are named legendary.. what makes them legendary now that anyone who has one, can appear to have as many as I have now? “You still have changeable ascended stats!!”… no, screw that, that is no way the same. In a game where legendary weapons are the one biggest, expwnsive, most sought after items in the game, you would think they would take more care with this. It’s not quite the same as raising a level cap or anything else these people are arguing about.

Now, with that said I don’t exactly know the best way to go about this but an idea I thought of would be nice is to reward people with duplicates, a legendary salvage kit, you can salvage your extra legendary for all the gifts and items used to make it, that way making it so people can just sell em, but now get back the stuff they spent all that time working on back. In my opinion this would be very fair.

Maguuma – “The Legendary Guy”
Jedi – Revenant, Tylox – Thief, Roeina – Ele, Korimor – Warrior
youtube.com/user/KorimorSWG

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I have 5 female human characters all with t3, and multiple others with cultural armor as I have the Emperor title.
I have purchased multiple of every kind of dye, including abyss, celestial, pyre, regal, etc.
I have 2 mjolnirs.

Now, in my opinion The legendary issue is by far the most important. This update is making thousands of gold I have spent useless. Of all of them though I care more about my time and money wasted on my incinerators. You may say “but you can change stats!”. Who cares, I can make ascended weapons easily and have plenty of chests for them. On that note, I made my first two even before they were ascended stats. Did it purely for the skin. Same with the third one that I bought.

The amount of time and gold I have used on all my other duplicate skins/dyes, etc is MAYBE close to being even with what it took for the 2 extra incinerators. And that is a tonn of duplicates not even equal to the two duplicates I have of my legendaries.

I could care less about compensation on anything else. I spent the time and gold to get two extra “legendary skins”. All the hours mapping and getting the gifts for them is now in vain. I got two items which are supposed to be and are named legendary.. what makes them legendary now that anyone who has one, can appear to have as many as I have now? “You still have changeable ascended stats!!”… no, screw that, that is no way the same. In a game where legendary weapons are the one biggest, expwnsive, most sought after items in the game, you would think they would take more care with this. It’s not quite the same as raising a level cap or anything else these people are arguing about.

Now, with that said I don’t exactly know the best way to go about this but an idea I thought of would be nice is to reward people with duplicates, a legendary salvage kit, you can salvage your extra legendary for all the gifts and items used to make it, that way making it so people can just sell em, but now get back the stuff they spent all that time working on back. In my opinion this would be very fair.

I still dont see why you should be compensated. It’s not like you paid cash and bought a legendary off the gemstore. Now, people who bought duplicates of 1handed skins off the gemstore, those people I can understand asking for a refund due to the wardrobe.

But those that bought or made 2 legendaries? No.

Posted by: Codata.2019

Codata.2019

Ill just copy what a guy said on another topic.

“The dual wielding issue is a very easy fix. Just make it so that you have to actually buy two copies of a weapon to actually dual wield it. Problem solved. That’s not unfair to anyone and just common sense.”

(edited by Codata.2019)

Astralporing.1957

Ill just copy what a guy said on another topic.

“The dual wielding issue is a very easy fix. Just make it so that you have to actually buy two copies of a weapon to actually dual wield it. Problem solved. That’s not unfair to anyone and just common sense.”

No, that would go agains the very idea of wardrobe.
Much simpler solution (mentioned many times already by different people) is having all the legendaries unbound upon april 15th patch. Then you’d be able to sell what you don’t want anymore, if you really consider them a waste.
And even if it won’t be implemented as a general, automated solution, i am sure that if you were to write to support after the patch, they would help you unbind your legendary manually.
I’m really not sure why this option is consistently ignored by all “compensation now” posters, even when it is being mentioned time and time again.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

A solution could be a recolour? Other than that I don’t see what else you could expect.

Only the legendaries that have obvious dual wielding traits like the axe, dagger, sword, pistol get the feature since there are actually reasons to make two of those.

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

I bet none of these special snowflakes has ever played, pretty much any other triple A mmo, where all your months/years of “hard work” playing the game is swept under the rug because a new gear level is added. If you used real money to buy virtual items, lesson learn buddy. Like many others have said, it could be worse. You get to keep a dagger that will still be top tier over the years to come.

I have 2 mjolnirs.

Thanks for supporting the game, so others can play it for free I guess?

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Altoholics would also make multiple.

At the moment the only people not benefiting from setting all Legendaries to unbound state on patch and granting the skin only on account binding on first equip are people with Legendaries, but not duplicates. People who don’t have Legendaries should want this change (or simply not care) since the insta-flood of people selling duplicates would reduce Legendary prices, making them more easily available. People who have duplicate Legendaries obviously benefit. But people with exactly one Legendary: they’d want the duplicate users to be stuck with them so that their exclusivity is not nerfed.

In terms of the overall most efficient method of maximising happiness, Anet should unbind all Legendaries on the update, and only grant Legendary skin unlocks the moment a player equips it – players with duplicates can then simply sell the others. Allowing Legendary swapping is not reasonable because some (the aquatics) are far less difficult to get than others (the Dusk, Dawn or Bolt).

The benefit to those with multiple legendaries, the benefit to players without legendaries from the supply increase, and the benefit to the economy by gold-sinking 15% of the cost of each legendary in Trading Post transaction fees should greatly outweigh the cost of pride to the players with one of each legendary.

I speak of course of the mythical ‘rational human’ which may or may not exist.

(edited by Hayashi.3416)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I think everyone with the “had I known that X was going to happen, I wouldn’t have bought Y, now I want my money back” needs to understand that’s how life works. You all sound like Captain Hindsight.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Korimor.2406

Korimor.2406

I bet none of these special snowflakes has ever played, pretty much any other triple A mmo, where all your months/years of “hard work” playing the game is swept under the rug because a new gear level is added. If you used real money to buy virtual items, lesson learn buddy. Like many others have said, it could be worse. You get to keep a dagger that will still be top tier over the years to come.

I have 2 mjolnirs.

Thanks for supporting the game, so others can play it for free I guess?

I gained almost all of my money via the TP. I did buy a few gems for the gem skins but that’s it.
I have played almost every MMO since UO at least for a little while and taken a few very serious. Nothing in any game so far has been quite a time and gold (or money for some) as a legendary… (Except ONE rare occasion …. SOE and the jedi in precu when they nerfed the crap out of that with NGE, which is in itself, d-day mmo style as it KILLED their player base)
Adding higher level cap and new stuff in most mmos has came nowhere as close to making something of so much value and time almost completely useless.. almost just because the fact you can still change it and what not, which makes it about 1/10th-15th useless compared to the time and cost it took to make it for what it is.

Maguuma – “The Legendary Guy”
Jedi – Revenant, Tylox – Thief, Roeina – Ele, Korimor – Warrior
youtube.com/user/KorimorSWG

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

This does suck, but you have had two legendaries for however long you had them. If you only made your second in like, the month or so before the wardrobe was announced, fair enough if you’re upset; but anywhere before then? You’ve been flashy and double-legendaried for quite a while. Do you really want to cripple a brand new game system, or in the case of refunds, cause significant economic upset just for the .1%?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yup would be nice if ANETdefault it to “acct bound on equip” status, so that people can sell their extra Legendary. this may have the effect of market flooded with Legendries. cheaper Legendary for everyone, yay !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

thehipone.6812

This does suck, but you have had two legendaries for however long you had them. If you only made your second in like, the month or so before the wardrobe was announced, fair enough if you’re upset; but anywhere before then? You’ve been flashy and double-legendaried for quite a while. Do you really want to cripple a brand new game system, or in the case of refunds, cause significant economic upset just for the .1%?

This. My basic, conservative estimate of the value of 1 day of legendary dual wielding is 20g. Why? 2000g is a reasonable (probably low) estimated historical price for a legendary. With 2000g in the bank I can (a) buy a duplicate leg (b) buy a different leg © save & invest. With 2000g you can make 1% a day easy with just simple flipping and minimal work, or 20g/day. By making that duplicate legendary, someone has chosen to forgo this stream of at least 20g/day. This also implies, that, anyone who has had the dual skin over 100 days, has realized benefits (the enjoyment of the dual skin) equal to 100% of the cost. For the woulda, shoulda, coulda types – note that you could also have taken that money, saved & invested for slightly more than 3 months and you could have had BOTH the duplicate skin and a different legendary. The very decision that the “compensate me” folks say that they would have made has effectively been available the entire time, yet they chose not to do it. Why? Because they wanted and paid for the immediate enjoyment of the skins. In the end – anyone who did make a 2nd legendary made all of these calculations in their head, consciously or not, and freely chose the course of action to maximize their benefit.

Also lost in the discussion is the fact that IF the legendary weapons in question always had the “deluxe” skin functionality that is expected in the wardrobe (i.e. ability to make one bolt and skin onto a second sword to dual-wield the skins) then the price of the legendaries in the past would have been higher. Anyone who made a legendary in the past therefore did so at a DISCOUNT to the current price dictated by functionality. In other words, if this account bound and one legendary = dual wield skins system existed the whole time, then the demand for bolt and incinerator would have pushed the prices of t6 and precursors higher. Recent market action after the blog posts supports this. Owners of dual legs bought 2x the “basic” model a year ago for, say 2000g/ea (I used spidy and bolt), whereas now the “deluxe wardrobe model” costs 3400g. The basic models got a free upgrade and current owners want to be able to sell their basic as a deluxe and realize a gain. Tacking on the subjective value of the enjoyment of having the skins all this time, I (and others) argue that the value has been realized.

I took a break from this discussion and am back with this wall of text. Analysis of economic decisions and markets is interesting to me, what can I say.

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

It seems to me that the simplest solution is to do a one-time convert of all legendaries to non-soulbound. That way you can rebind the one sword and sell the spare.

Guild warrior for life!

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

wrong, they just don´t draw the conclusion you would like to hear.

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Again if you compensate for one you would have to compensate for all and that is something they cannot do.

Posted by: Kaien.2083

Kaien.2083

TL;DR I still cant understand why ANet would put legendary items into the wardrobe, one would think logically making them account bound would already be enough and we wont even be having this discusson.

I have one and exactly one legendary, bolt. I guess that puts me in the group that has most to gain by this forums’ standard. I was lucky to have bought my precursor right at the end of karka event for 96g, but went on a hiatus for 15 months right after since all my friends stopped playing right about then. Came back to the game early this year and it took me 1.5 months and resources across 3 accounts (my own and 2 of my friends’ who are no longer playing after karka) to finish making bolt, so I understand exactly how much time and effort to make even one legendary without spendning any real money.

I have all professions at lvl 80 aside from Ranger that can use one hand sword. With that said, I will not be transmuting the lengedary skin onto any other weapons for any of my alts. I recognize the “time and effort” to make an legendary is nothing more then glorified “grind like hell”, and more then 80% of a legendary’s material can be bought out right from TP (or even just the completed end product, take your pick), still the legendary IS the end game item most people look forward to, or else there wont be so much complaint about precursors littering these forums.

Now, here is the question, how many of the people replied in this thread calling out people with duplicate legendary issue have went through the exerise of making one from start to end?? I am asking this since if you havent made one, no matter how easy it looks on paper and “all you have to do is grind or farm”, your opinion and view is skewed. I have no doubt there are people who just pulled out their wallet and paid it in full through gems, but I think we can agree that this is the minority. I also understand that for everything this patch made duplicate, it will be hard to draw the line on how to compensate everyone and make everyone happy. However I think with legendaries, even though ANet have already made the mistake of make them trade-able on TP, should have gotten at least some special attention as THEY ARE THE DEFINITION OF END GAME ITEMs. IMHO the line really should have been drawn at make them account bound once equipped. Saying that people who got duplicates can still enjoy changing stats on the fly is somewhat unfair, as we all know no one would go through that kind of effort for this functionality and we all know legendary is just the special skin at horizontal progression’s best.

Now, while I dont think there will be a change to this at this stage with the patch coming in just a few days, I honestly feel just making them account bound and exclude them from the wardrobe should make everyone happy. Barring that, give them even higher stats (why is legendary = ascended anyway?) but making the statss useable in PvE exclusively (ascended stats in WvW is a seperate issue). This way, for people who made multiples, there is no real loss, and for people who doesnt have a legendary, it doesnt affect them anyway. All in all it’s about a sense of fairness for the sheer amount of time put into a skin and this should be a fair compromise for everyone including people who wants to make one in the future.

Now onto my conspiracy thoery about why legendary is handled this way. I doubt very much ANet doesnt understand this issue. They either said “screw the minority with duplicate legendaries”, or in my thoery, they understand fully the implication but said :why not make them even more common then now and maybe people will stop complaining about precursor as legendaries’ are too common and people will stop wanting them …". Imagine doing defense for Shamore and seeing a level 2 warrior weirding eternity in full T3 …

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

The stats are still useful for both legendaries (only the skin transmutes). So in the end, you still have two legendaries there were others only have one legendary and one replica. Still worth it.

If I thought about it rationally and decided compensation was necessary, then I’d suggest taking the legendary away and replacing it with all the materials (including precurser) that went into making it in the first place. Then you can do what you will with said materials. The other solution would be what others have mentioned by unbinding all legendaries and only granting the wardrobe skin when they are equipped (and thus rebound).

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

(edited by Invictus.1503)

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

To those with 2 of the same legendaries are entitled to nothing. What makes you so special that you need a “refund.” Really. Your just mad that you aren’t special anymore. No one forced you to make 2 of the same, that was a personal preference. I would be more mad if anet caves in to these crybabies. And stop comparing dual legendaries to eternity. If you had that skin, would you really be reskining to dusk or dawn?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m less worried about this and more worried about fairness as in…

Will they finally at long last give engineers legendaries that are worth it?

Will they finally fix kit switching so that we don’t have hobo sacks or allow us to turn it off or allow legendaries to change the look and feel of our kits/turrets?

Will they finally fix the problem of trying to get 2 legendaries in the first place where both 1 hander legendaries takes an enormous amount of grind?

Will they finally fix the world completion so that it’s PVE only instead of following in Aion’s footsteps? (We all saw how that turned out)

Will they finally fix the issues with precursors with a fair and balanced not-starting-from-0 precursor formula crafting system using the same T7 materials we’re already getting from champions/bosses that will also fix the economy to a great degree?

As far as looks are concerned, there’s no need to replace anything you’ll still have two when the patch comes out.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Kaien.2083

Kaien.2083

To those with 2 of the same legendaries are entitled to nothing. What makes you so special that you need a “refund.” Really. Your just mad that you aren’t special anymore. No one forced you to make 2 of the same, that was a personal preference. I would be more mad if anet caves in to these crybabies. And stop comparing dual legendaries to eternity. If you had that skin, would you really be reskining to dusk or dawn?

Unless you made two of the same legendaries as well, the tone in your comments only makes it sound like “you’re mad since you cant be one of the special snow flakes”. Anyway.

People with duplicate legendaries are just asking for some sort of compensation for time spent on one of the longest grind the game has to offer. That being said, I agree with you and I DONT think a refund or give out another legendary skin is the way to go, since it IS a conscious decision and they did get the utility of having two of the same legendary for however long they had it. I undertand the line has to be drawn somewhere and in this case ANet decided it’s to include all legendaries in the process. However, if you have been on the other side of the fence and spend a few hundred hours equivalent of time/effort to obtain a skin to look a certain way and now that effort is for almost nothing, I think you’d feel cheated in some way as well. Some people shrug it off, but some people will be vocal and I dont think that is unreasonable.

I have no doubt the changes are already set in stone and this discussion is for nothing as the patch comes live in a few days, but I still think ANet should consider this issue as a future reference and consider all major changes more carefuly. IMHO the easiest compromise to resolve this particular issue would still have been to keep legendaries account bound on equip and keep its skin out of the wardrobe. The least amount of change that would influence status quo and perceieved image of legendaries, and no one really would have a strong reason to be unhappy.

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

Unless you made two of the same legendaries as well, the tone in your comments only makes it sound like “you’re mad since you cant be one of the special snow flakes”. Anyway.

People with duplicate legendaries are just asking for some sort of compensation for time spent on one of the longest grind the game has to offer. That being said, I agree with you and I DONT think a refund or give out another legendary skin is the way to go, since it IS a conscious decision and they did get the utility of having two of the same legendary for however long they had it. I undertand the line has to be drawn somewhere and in this case ANet decided it’s to include all legendaries in the process. However, if you have been on the other side of the fence and spend a few hundred hours equivalent of time/effort to obtain a skin to look a certain way and now that effort is for almost nothing, I think you’d feel cheated in some way as well. Some people shrug it off, but some people will be vocal and I dont think that is unreasonable.

I have no doubt the changes are already set in stone and this discussion is for nothing as the patch comes live in a few days, but I still think ANet should consider this issue as a future reference and consider all major changes more carefuly. IMHO the easiest compromise to resolve this particular issue would still have been to keep legendaries account bound on equip and keep its skin out of the wardrobe. The least amount of change that would influence status quo and perceieved image of legendaries, and no one really would have a strong reason to be unhappy.

I’m not mad or jealous. I have 4 of my own and in the process of 5 and 6. I could have made another of the same but I choose not to. If I did choose to make another of the same, I would not demand compensation. I would simply just live with it.

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

best salesman voice
All extra legendaries will be compensated by ONE FREE GLORY BOOSTER!

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

thehipone.6812

yup would be nice if ANETdefault it to “acct bound on equip” status, so that people can sell their extra Legendary. this may have the effect of market flooded with Legendries. cheaper Legendary for everyone, yay !

I don’t think that those advocating for this solution justified by “cheaper legendaries for everyone” have completely thought through the whole chain. Sure, Bolt and incinerator may very temporarily drop on patch day and someone who has been saving up for bolt may get a better deal. However, the sellers of their duplicates will surely take the proceeds and use the gold to buy/pursue a different legendary, thereby driving up the price of the rest of the legendaries. Bolt and incinerator will quickly be dragged back up to the equilibrium dictated by the costs of t6/precursor/etc.

Posted by: Vanguard.9381

Vanguard.9381

I keep saying dual legendary owners lose nothing because I never made dual legendaries and will never go for dual soooo I can’t understand how they feel, i’m sooooooooo glad that i’m not one of them and I will keep saying ’they lose nothing". /sarcasm.

Posted by: dyo.1263

dyo.1263

Hi. (sorry for my bad english)

I wield dual incinerators on my thief. I love it. Actually I have loved it for quite some time now. I created them FAR BEFORE ANY OF THE ASCNEDED WEAPONS AND CHANGEABLE STATS changes came into this game. I never wanted that. Never cared for that. My daggers were plain exotic weapons with awesome animation. I never CHANGE STATS. I’m a zerk thief. I will always be a zerk thief. I will always use berserker stats!

But let me tell you why I created 2 legendary daggers. SKIN x2!!! I love the skin! I love footprints, fire on my smal asuran hands and the “zippo” like blades. And you know what? It makes me feel accomplished. 2 legendary daggers! I’ve seen 4 players with 2 incinerators in my home server and I was one of them. Accomplished! I am proud of my hard work! Hundreds of hours and my blody eyes made possible for me to feel proud, unique/rare…

Those 4 players (probably more but I haven’t seen any) on my server will get lost in the crowd of fake dual incinerators after April 15. Good bye my sense of accomplishment. Good bye being someone unique/rare! THAT is what people wielding dual legendaries will loose! And we all know that in mmo everyone wants to feel as unique as possible.

But I would never sell my legendary weapons. I did think about it but i hope that Anet will come up with a solution. New Eternity effects were a nice solution. Those new footprints distinguish the weapon nicely from Twilight/Sunrise. Something similar could be introduced to dual legendaries (of the same type) and this would make us stand out “again” from the flood of fake dual wielders.

And I’m fairly sure something will happen in the summer patch. So don’t try to sell your weapons. Just be patient.

Astralporing.1957

Those 4 players (probably more but I haven’t seen any) on my server will get lost in the crowd of fake dual incinerators after April 15.

Oh, please. Only people with dual incinerators you might see would be those already posessing one, and using dual daggers. I am pretty sure there won’t be a crowd of them.

Good bye my sense of accomplishment.

If you lost it that easily, it wasn’t worth much.

Good bye being someone unique/rare!

If you will “stop” being unique/rare after this change, it would mean that you never were one.

And we all know that in mmo everyone wants to feel as unique as possible.

Hint: not everyone wants the same things as you. And not everyone needs bling to stand out. Lot of people do that by being unique.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Let people complain, it serves as a valve to release some pressure. It’s clear that ANET won’t compensate where they don’t feel it’s due, so just let them be.

Posted by: Samandar Khan.6821

Samandar Khan.6821

The best solution I see to this everyone will agree legendary needs a lot of grinding and farming. And also are the most prestigious weapons in the game since start till now. So what arena net can do give all legendary stat boost for example like 5 percent more than ascendant . so weapons who really are legendries with swap stat system will still b unique and ultimate gear in game. And others who use skin will have there normal stat which can only n upgraded till ascendant .

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

I built two incinerators so that they both would match my gear.

I could give two kittens about how they have this amazing ability to swap stats on demand.

I always run them zerker. If I felt impelled to run anything else, I’d spend the 50-100g on building another dagger.

I’m half tempted to destroy one of the incinerators out of protest.

Posted by: Ordo Seclorum.1796

Ordo Seclorum.1796

Hello all,
i’m here to share my concern with the dual legendary issue for i have made 2 incinerators for my Elementalist.
having multiple skins is really a very nice feature and many fellow players are excited about this. In real life i’m majoring in BME and we accept a 5% error, so lets say people with identical legendaries represent 5% of all the legendary wielders. that 5% may not have much say about the matter nor can they stand against the 95%.
The patch will allow players to have access to multiple legendary skins so that everyone is basically getting the same thing, however how much you get to benefit from this is not A net’s concern.
This is irrelevant but i have to say it. I’m a bit upset about this, since its only been three months since i made my 2nd incinerator i haven’t really got to enjoy them, in my case i’m still paying for my VISA for sparks alone did cost a fortune. all the players would think that my second incinerator is fake, now i’m not actually different than any of those players who only made one incinerator.
having the ability to change stats on a legendary is nice, but can i change stats on my ascended armor, well not really. i have worked on a second incinerators just for the looks and now they’re giving the looks away.
I believe in Anet, i support the game endlessly because i love it. i would be grateful if they can make incinerators tradable in this case people with dual incins can get to choose if the ability of changing stats is worth the price of an incinerator !
Thank for your time,
/ponder.

Posted by: dyo.1263

dyo.1263

Oh, please. Only people with dual incinerators you might see would be those already posessing one, and using dual daggers. I am pretty sure there won’t be a crowd of them.

I’ve seen alot of incinerators. Half of my guild is finishing one as I’m typing this just because of this patch. And it is not becuase they can change stats. The only motive for all of my guild mates is having the option to go DUAL. I asked them all why now? The answer was simple…on dagger just doesn’t look right. That is true. To me it didn’t either.

If you lost it that easily, it wasn’t worth much.

Oh really. So you are the expert on my personal feelings? Please, take your cyber buffed up ego somewhere else. I don’t even know why you are here? What do you loose by us trying to (re)gain something?

If you will “stop” being unique/rare after this change, it would mean that you never were one.

Again, expert on how I personally feel. So many of you lately.

Hint: not everyone wants the same things as you. And not everyone needs bling to stand out. Lot of people do that by being unique.

I agree on this one. The thing is relative. We are all different. We have different needs. Even in matter such as playing this game. I for one go for the best and hardest to create gear and that makes me feel good. Someone goes for pleasure of socialising. Another one goes for pro play skills. In the end we all want to feel unique. And just because my way of feeling unique is having 4 legendaries going on fifth which i worked so hard for doesn’t make me any less of a player/person. I feel unique. I don’t care what you think. And I’m loosing that feeling. Not you.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I’m in a similar situation with 2 Foefires Essence…
1 skin is gonna be completely redundant and the time and money I spent crafting it is thrown out the window… Almost made me quit gw2 knowing that the things I work hard for will be waste of time on Anets say so.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.