Dueling?

Dueling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arnox.5128

Arnox.5128

About 2 years ago, Colin said in a PAX interview that, a ways down the line, they would like to implement this. But that was 2 years ago. And the only thing we have right now is pretty much what we had back then. So has there been any word on this now? AFAIK, there hasn’t been.

BTW, I know a lot of people have some concerns about dueling. But at the end of the day, I think the fears are simply unfounded.

1. People have said that dueling would lead to constant harassment for duels and trolling.

Now let’s just get something straight here. If people want to troll, they’re gonna troll, and they don’t need dueling to do so. Furthermore, there are MANY easy ways around this issue. For one, ANet could have it to where you can only duel with your friends and guildmates. Or maybe even just make it to where you can set up a whitelist for everyone who can duel you. And/or have an option to block all duels and add a small icon in someone’s target readout that shows they’re not open to dueling.

2. People have also said the game’s not balanced for 1v1.

Honestly? I don’t personally care if it is or isn’t. Awesome PvP builds come and go every single day. I expect dueling strategies and builds to be no different. What was once the new hotness build today is most probably gonna be the old and busted build tomorrow. Also, it’s kind of hard to believe this considering sPvP is not THAT different from 1v1 at all.

3. And finally, people have said it goes against the spirit of GW2 which is co-op.

The spirit of GW2 though is the players. And if this game was really focused purely on co-op then why the heck do we even have WvW and sPvP? This argument really doesn’t make any sense. Heck, even if we applied this argument purely to PvE, it still doesn’t make any sense as it’s not going to stop others in the slightest from co-oping for bosses and events and what have you. And if anything else, it may even add some more life to areas that are devoid of players or at least mostly devoid. And perhaps even encourage more player interactivity besides just staring at each other for a second before moving on to whatever else they were doing.

-

So then, why do I want it so much? Because…

4. It gives more intractability with other players in PvE. If you see someone even halfway interesting looking in PvE, the most you can do is talk with them. Maybe form a group or something. But that’s about it. If you’re not doing co-op with them, the person might as well not even be there. And that’s lame. We should be able to do more with each other. I mean, at the end of the day, this IS an MMO. And one which focuses heavily on PvP too.

5. It gives more point to the endgame loot you can earn. The more endgame loot you have should equal greater build options and variety and strategy you can implement just like in normal PvP.

6. It allows one to quickly test oneself against another. It also allows for practice and is also a great way to pass the time with friends.

So please, please, please ANet. let’s put this in. Sometime. I know you’re busy with HoT at the moment but when you’re done, please at least consider putting this in next.

ArenaNet, please give us more skills!

Dueling?

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

About 2 years ago, Colin said in a PAX interview that, a ways down the line, they would like to implement this. But that was 2 years ago. And the only thing we have right now is pretty much what we had back then. So has there been any word on this now? AFAIK, there hasn’t been.

BTW, I know a lot of people have some concerns about dueling. But at the end of the day, I think the fears are simply unfounded.

1. People have said that dueling would lead to constant harassment for duels and trolling.

Now let’s just get something straight here. If people want to troll, they’re gonna troll, and they don’t need dueling to do so. Furthermore, there are MANY easy ways around this issue. For one, ANet could have it to where you can only duel with your friends and guildmates. Or maybe even just make it to where you can set up a whitelist for everyone who can duel you. And/or have an option to block all duels and add a small icon in someone’s target readout that shows they’re not open to dueling.

Honestly? I don’t personally care if it is or isn’t. Awesome PvP builds come and go every single day. I expect dueling strategies and builds to be no different. What was once the new hotness build today is most probably gonna be the old and busted build tomorrow. Also, it’s kind of hard to believe this considering sPvP is not THAT different from 1v1 at all.

3. And finally, people have said it goes against the spirit of GW2 which is co-op.

The spirit of GW2 though is the players. And if this game was really focused purely on co-op then why the heck do we even have WvW and sPvP? This argument really doesn’t make any sense. Heck, even if we applied this argument purely to PvE, it still doesn’t make any sense as it’s not going to stop others in the slightest from co-oping for bosses and events and what have you. And if anything else, it may even add some more life to areas that are devoid of players or at least mostly devoid. And perhaps even encourage more player interactivity besides just staring at each other for a second before moving on to whatever else they were doing.

-

4. It gives more intractability with other players in PvE. If you see someone even halfway interesting looking in PvE, the most you can do is talk with them. Maybe form a group or something. But that’s about it. If you’re not doing co-op with them, the person might as well not even be there. And that’s lame. We should be able to do more with each other. I mean, at the end of the day, this IS an MMO. And one which focuses heavily on PvP too.

5. It gives more point to the endgame loot you can earn. The more endgame loot you have should equal greater build options and variety and strategy you can implement just like in normal PvP.

6. It allows one to quickly test oneself against another. It also allows for practice and is also a great way to pass the time with friends.

So please, please, please ANet. let’s put this in. Sometime. I know you’re busy with HoT at the moment but when you’re done, please at least consider putting this in next.

Anet made a lot of promises that they have not come to make happen yet. needless to say there are some of us players who hope Anet never put,s this kitten dueling junk in the game . and Anet could loose a lot of people over this junk . this is not WOW this is GW2 . it is useless and takes away from the game. it is bad as a guild sending a out a invite to some one who does not want to be bothered with guilds even . much less other people . #justsaying

Dueling?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Guilds, in their guild halls will be able to build an arena for such activities, it seems they listened to those of us, me included who said dueling would be great if it was limited to select areas of the game. guild halls appear to be this venue, and im extremely happy they went with it. I also hope that it stays limited to these areas, or other areas that arent required.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Dueling?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I agree. There should be dueling.

There is no reason not to have dueling.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Dueling?

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Guilds, in their guild halls will be able to build an arena for such activities, it seems they listened to those of us, me included who said dueling would be great if it was limited to select areas of the game. guild halls appear to be this venue, and im extremely happy they went with it. I also hope that it stays limited to these areas, or other areas that arent required.

Yes duel will be able to happen in guild hall with anyone that want to do it and other person to duel with does not have to be in guild. You can invite them. From news I see can set up PvP in anyway want. 1v1 1v1v1 2v1 1v1v1v1 10v10 well you see what I mean. Look like fun for making a duel or many duels and fights in guild hall. I think arena net even say you can customize the area where PvP happen.

There is in guild hall. Your dream is true.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Dueling?

Arnox.5128

Anet made a lot of promises that they have not come to make happen yet. needless to say there are some of us players who hope Anet never put,s this kitten dueling junk in the game . and Anet could loose a lot of people over this junk . this is not WOW this is GW2 . it is useless and takes away from the game. it is bad as a guild sending a out a invite to some one who does not want to be bothered with guilds even . much less other people . #justsaying

Right. Just like how there’s so much dueling requests in WoW and other MMO’s which have it flooding their chats. Oh wait, no there’s not. You know, WoW had teleportation to cities too. Should that be taken out of GW2 because WoW had it? How about longswords? WoW had them so we can’t have those either.

Yes duel will be able to happen in guild hall with anyone that want to do it and other person to duel with does not have to be in guild. You can invite them. From news I see can set up PvP in anyway want. 1v1 1v1v1 2v1 1v1v1v1 10v10 well you see what I mean. Look like fun for making a duel or many duels and fights in guild hall. I think arena net even say you can customize the area where PvP happen.

That’s actually a great compromise. Awesome. Now I’m even more psyched for HoT. Thanks, everyone!

Dueling?

runeblade.7514

Doesn’t mean I can duel in the open world.

Dueling?

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

There exist now 3 ways to PvP. Regular PvP and can also duel in custom arena, WvW, and now guild hall where can duel or PvP in many ways. Only one place for not PvP and that exist world PvE. Seem fair to me that PvE not have any PvP since many say they do not want it. 3 ways to PvP and one way for PvE. Arena net seem to find a good way to make everyone happy. I am sorry you do not like it but I think many other do.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Dueling?

Arnox.5128

Keep in mind, this isn’t as simple as WoW when it comes to PvP do to the massive variety of build options. While at first, a simple fast way to initiate a duel in PvE seems optimal, remember that it’s just not that simple in GW2. So, inviting others to your Guild Hall to set up everything and duel is actually probably the best option. Also provides an interruption-free zone and etc.

Dueling?

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

As duelling is the little sister of open world PvP and open world PvP is the little brother of forced PvP everywhere I would rather not have Anet open that box.

Btw, why not use a PvP server for duells, or WvW? Just don´t duell where zergs run, so you already can duell.

One of the few things that would really drive me away from GW2 would be a:
XX Roxxxor XX challenges you to a duel Accept/Decline
window.
Rinse, repeat, rinse repeat. Please no.

(edited by Torolan.5816)

Dueling?

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

As duelling is the little sister of open world PvP and open world PvP is the little brother of forced PvP everywhere I would rather not have Anet open that box.

Btw, why not use a PvP server for duells, or WvW? Just don´t duell where raids run, so you already can duell.

window.

i agree with you fully on this . as this is not what this game needs is some kitten wow junk.or other wise like i said before Anet did that they better be ready to loose a lot of people over it .

Dueling?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s got nothing to do with WoW. ANet has set things up to eliminate competition in PvE as much as possible, reserving it for special arenas (crab toss, sanctum sprint, …), for PvP, and WvW. Open world dueling works completely against that model; reserving places in guild halls to do it (without finding a pvp room) follows that model.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Dueling?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Oh look, some one else who wants open world duels. No, just no. For many reasons people have listed. I really do want to go through the game with people constantly asking me to duel them. It was bad enough in wow when I left stormwind. Just a world of no.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dueling?

runeblade.7514

Keep in mind, this isn’t as simple as WoW when it comes to PvP do to the massive variety of build options. While at first, a simple fast way to initiate a duel in PvE seems optimal, remember that it’s just not that simple in GW2. So, inviting others to your Guild Hall to set up everything and duel is actually probably the best option. Also provides an interruption-free zone and etc.

How do you know? Do you work for ANet?

Dueling?

runeblade.7514

Btw, why not use a PvP server for duells, or WvW? Just don´t duell where zergs run, so you already can duell.

window.

Would you be driven away when XX Roxxxor XX ask you to give him gold? Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

Dueling?

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

window.

Would you be driven away when XX Roxxxor XX ask you to give him gold? Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

nope just one time block—> cant whisper anymore/dont see his text in map/say chat any longer

no Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat

sorry you fail

and 90% that people who wants dueling in open world is only to farm noooooooooooooobz. take this i owned you i am roxxxxxxor lel . l2p f…noob

others that love dueling cause of duel will go to guild arena in guild halls and dont cry for open world dueling

i still wait of a thread:

pls anet introduce a funtion to steel raw material collection so others cant lumber the same tree. and pls introduce loot traps to get other players stuff

would be so fun and other mmos also have this things!!!! i want it soooo hard!!

NO just NO

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Dueling?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

-

At 14:11 in.

“Someday”

That’s fairly open ended (and hardly a promise @ham). And since this was the time they got in trouble talking about crafting precursors, which a few months later got shelved followed by the “we say nothing until it’s ready to roll out” policy, I doubt you are going to get a reply.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Dueling?

Torolan.5816

Dueling = Game feature
Begging for gold = Not a game feature

See the difference? If it an official feature, how could I justify to hang someone in for using it? Spamming probably if it happens too often from the same person, but with F2P accounts, who cares?

And even if that is not a concern for you, why should I have the unpleasantry to fend off unwanted duel people just so that you can have a game feature for something that you can do consensual in 3 places anyway?

Dueling?

runeblade.7514

window.

nope just one time block—> cant whisper anymore/dont see his text in map/say chat any longer

sorry you fail

and 90% that people who wants dueling in open world is only to farm noooooooooooooobz. take this i owned you i am roxxxxxxor lel . l2p f…noob

others that love dueling cause of duel will go to guild arena in guild halls and dont cry for open world dueling

pls anet introduce a funtion to steel raw material collection so others cant lumber the same tree. and pls introduce loot traps to get other players stuff

NO just NO

Then it you can simply just block them and they can’t invite you to duel.

Dueling?

runeblade.7514

Dueling = Game feature
Begging for gold = Not a game feature

See the difference? If it an official feature, how could I justify to hang someone in for using it? Spamming probably if it happens too often from the same person, but with F2P accounts, who cares?

And even if that is not a concern for you, why should I have the unpleasantry to fend off unwanted duel people just so that you can have a game feature for something that you can do consensual in 3 places anyway?

Dueling a game feature.
Gold is a game feature.

Asking for duel is not a game feature.
Asking for gold is not a game feature.

You could say that inviting someone to duel is a game feature. Then whispering someone to beg for gold is a game feature too.

I do see a difference.

(edited by runeblade.7514)

Dueling?

Posted by: XApocalypse.8739

XApocalypse.8739

There are so many people in this game that feel entitled to everything that happens in the game, I have no idea why people have to be so harsh to other players that just want to have fun in the game and want Guild Wars 2 to be the best game on the market. But one of the many reasons it isn’t is because of the Entitled fanboys. I don’t know about most of you but I am sick of people saying “Dueling can’t be in the game because I don’t want it to be like WoW”. Just because a game has dueling doesn’t mean its like wow all it means is people want to have fun dueling with their friends and random people they meet in the game, there is zero to no excuse for there not to be dueling the game! Some may argue “But its going to bring unnecessary toxicity”. Go to most spvp lobbies and see how toxic it is there, go to world vs world and beat someone in a fight and see how fast they whisper you. Most people need to be more open minded about things and let Anet do Anet and not go on the forums being a keyboard warrior saying that you will quit if the game adds a certain feature. There is a reason why wow and many other mmo’s are successful, this game needs to stop listening to every single complaint that fanboys make and just do their thing they did a hell of a job in guild wars 1 and guild wars 2 but with all these people complaining all the time believe it or not they actually listen to them! If anet wants to add mounts let them, if they want to add dueling let them do it, stop complaining for every single thing! Let us have our mounts and dueling it will not break the game it will not be the end of the world it will just give more people more fun stuff to do after they get bored, mounts could be added to end game and add lots of life to the game as drops or wvw badges and so on. This game has so much potential but the fans are trying to constantly limit it.

Dueling?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There are so many people in this game that feel entitled to everything that happens in the game, I have no idea why people have to be so harsh to other players that just want to have fun in the game and want Guild Wars 2 to be the best game on the market. But one of the many reasons it isn’t is because of the Entitled fanboys.

I don’t know about most of you but I am sick of people saying “Dueling can’t be in the game because I don’t want it to be like WoW”. Just because a game has dueling doesn’t mean its like wow all it means is people want to have fun dueling with their friends and random people they meet in the game, there is zero to no excuse for there not to be dueling the game! Some may argue “But its going to bring unnecessary toxicity”. Go to most spvp lobbies and see how toxic it is there, go to world vs world and beat someone in a fight and see how fast they whisper you.

Most people need to be more open minded about things and let Anet do Anet and not go on the forums being a keyboard warrior saying that you will quit if the game adds a certain feature. There is a reason why wow and many other mmo’s are successful, this game needs to stop listening to every single complaint that fanboys make and just do their thing they did a hell of a job in guild wars 1 and guild wars 2 but with all these people complaining all the time believe it or not they actually listen to them! If anet wants to add mounts let them, if they want to add dueling let them do it, stop complaining for every single thing!

Let us have our mounts and dueling it will not break the game it will not be the end of the world it will just give more people more fun stuff to do after they get bored, mounts could be added to end game and add lots of life to the game as drops or wvw badges and so on. This game has so much potential but the fans are trying to constantly limit it.

White spaces are your friend. They break a post up into digestible pieces and put thoughts of the same type in the same paragraph.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Dueling?

runeblade.7514

I agree. There is no reason to not add dueling and mounts other than, “I don’t want it, so I absolutely don’t want others to have it ever.”

Dueling?

Zaron.1987

window.

sorry you fail

NO just NO

Then it you can simply just block them and they can’t invite you to duel.

same way it works perfect with guys on your block list that still can join your dungeon etc lfg

and i still dont see why you need open world pvp instead of use the guild hall!

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Dueling?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Just two things:
Fans cannot limit the game. Anet decides what goes in the game.
This game is successful. One does not have to be #1 in the World to be successful. Thank goodness.

Dueling?

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

This thread is highly ironic.

I want things that ANet has never even hinted at, but I can’t have them because entitled players keep telling ANet not to add these things.”

Dueling?

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I agree. There is no reason to not add dueling and mounts other than, “I don’t want it, so I absolutely don’t want others to have it ever.”

I disagree. There is no reason to add duelling and mounts other than, “I want it, so I absolutely don’t care less what others think.”

Also, the only “entitlement” I’m seeing here is from the special snowflake who started this thread when there is already an active Duelling thread in place. Spamming new threads for the sake of it when you’re not getting your own way OP is being entitled.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

(edited by uknortherner.2670)

Dueling?

Posted by: Dikeido.8436

Dikeido.8436

window.

sorry you fail

NO just NO

Agreed 100% with you on this issue. I’ll add to your list. It goes like this:
I win the duel = You only win because you’re a noob who use noob abilities. Run off to pick on weaker player. [Don’t ask I have no idea what a noob abilities is either]

I lose the duel = [Emote/spit] you cheat and I still kick your @ss you loser.
Taunt me tells how much of a loser I am if I don’t continue to duel him/her.
I refuse to duel he/she follow me around trying to grief me. Sad day for me.

Dueling?

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

There are so many people in this game that feel entitled to everything that happens in the game, I have no idea why people have to be so harsh to other players that just want to have fun in the game and want Guild Wars 2 to be the best game on the market. But one of the many reasons it isn’t is because of the Entitled fanboys.

I don’t know about most of you but I am sick of people saying “Dueling can’t be in the game because I don’t want it to be like WoW”. Just because a game has dueling doesn’t mean its like wow all it means is people want to have fun dueling with their friends and random people they meet in the game, there is zero to no excuse for there not to be dueling the game! Some may argue “But its going to bring unnecessary toxicity”. Go to most spvp lobbies and see how toxic it is there, go to world vs world and beat someone in a fight and see how fast they whisper you.

Most people need to be more open minded about things and let Anet do Anet and not go on the forums being a keyboard warrior saying that you will quit if the game adds a certain feature. There is a reason why wow and many other mmo’s are successful, this game needs to stop listening to every single complaint that fanboys make and just do their thing they did a hell of a job in guild wars 1 and guild wars 2 but with all these people complaining all the time believe it or not they actually listen to them! If anet wants to add mounts let them, if they want to add dueling let them do it, stop complaining for every single thing!

Let us have our mounts and dueling it will not break the game it will not be the end of the world it will just give more people more fun stuff to do after they get bored, mounts could be added to end game and add lots of life to the game as drops or wvw badges and so on. This game has so much potential but the fans are trying to constantly limit it.

White spaces are your friend. They break a post up into digestible pieces and put thoughts of the same type in the same paragraph.

Thank you for making this readable, wound!

~~

OP: make sure you’re not contradicting yourself. You say let the devs do their thing, then you say “add these features”. Make up your mind.

My opinion when it comes to speed-boost mounts is that this game doesn’t need them with waypoints, swiftness, leaps and blinks. With the added Teleport to Friend consumable I don’t see any reason why the devs would make mounts a thing. We’re pretty much all covered.

As for duelling, I see no reason why they shouldn’t implement it.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

Dueling?

Torolan.5816

Hm, ok, lets drive that train of thought for a little bit.

So it would have been the same for two gentlemen who have a dispute in the lets say, early 18th century, to
a) duel for their honor
b) one of the gentlemen asking the other gentleman if he has some money for him
to settle their dispute in socially acceptable ways, and people from the society around them would say:
“Oh Lord Highnose, did you see how expertly and repeatedly Lord X asked Lord Y for money yesterday? That was marvelous!”

Really? I mean, there is still something as being appropriate for a given reason.

Dueling?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I just dont want you to have it.

I already have mounts and duelling.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Dueling?

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Thanks.It was impossible to read it before.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Dueling?

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

It’s more or less the same in every game.
Here it is we don’t want mounts,in other games it would be we don’t want
flying mounts,or we don’t want waypoints etc etc.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Dueling?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Entitled blaming entitled for being entitled. Oh internet.

Dueling?

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

entitled

toxic

When people start throwing those words around, it’s my signal to stop listening. People have explained over and over why the things you mentioned don’t belong and, apparently, ArenaNet agrees with them since those things aren’t in the game.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

Dueling?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The reason there are not mounts or no duelling has nothing to do with entitlement. They are not in game cause arenanet seems to agree with the majority of the players that it is a bad idea. thinking you are entitled to have a gw2 with duelling is just the same as thinking you are entitled to have a gw2 without duelling.
So instead of flaming on people who think different, why not ask and listen to their opinions. They don’t say no to bug you, but because they have issues with it.

You did not ask me but I’m happy to share them with you.

Duelling:
I’ve seen duelling in other games. It made me quit them. The fact that you can harashed by a lil kid. Someone who had e.g. an argument in mapchat, lost it big time and then thinks he is still better then me cause I refuse to duell him. I have no issue with duelling at all. But in those other games, people have shown over and over again, that some players can’t handle it responsable and kind. That is why I would not like open world duelling in GW2. I have no issue with duelling in destinct places (e.g. in the guildhall). That has much less issues.

Mounts:
There actually are mounts in GW2. The magic carpet, the broomstick and the tunneling machine. They don’t sell a lot and people don’t use them that much.
The difference is that they don’t offer additional speed. So the real demand seems not for mounts but for additional speed (while on a vanity item).
Unlike other games, in GW2 exploration matters a lot for xp and levelling. Enemy’s don’t kite far and will miss moving targets very easy. This means that additional speed would be a powerfull tool to level quickly while unlocking most of the world.
So all in all, I don’t think that mounts are a good tool for GW2. Too many issues for something that is mostly a vanity item. You allready can get from a to b quickly with wayshrines and asura portals. So there is not a real need for that kind of speed either.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Dueling?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Some people think they’re entitled to dueling. Just saying.

Dueling?

Arnox.5128

Alright, some of you guys need to read the OP. A lot of you are bringing up points I’ve already addressed in it.

How do you know? Do you work for ANet?

I think you’re misunderstanding me here. I mean, it’s much more convenient for both parties in terms of initial setup and the actual duel to simply invite an interested person or persons to your guild hall and dueling there. Much more organized, fair, and etc. Not to mention, by doing it this way, you can even set up custom 2v2’s, 3v3’s, 4v4’s, etc. as well without having to hand over some gold/cash just to create a custom arena for 30 days.

Dueling?

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Initially I was dead set against dueling, however I can not see a reason not to have dueling, with the proviso it was done in the same manner as Belcher Buff, where a table or some such is set up and people would have to interact with it to duel.

What I would not want to see is the situation as in other mmo’s where by you are pestered to duel to the point of distraction (are we there yet—are we there yet—DUEL MEEEEE).

As for the OP mentioning mounts, I have yet to see anyone say anything against mounts, so where those posts where I have no idea O-O (maybe I missed something—who knows ! ).

Foe some reason my post was moved from this topic https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Entitlement-in-Guild-Wars-2 to here, with no explanation as to why. Which makes my second point of my post make me look like an insane person!

(edited by Shadey Dancer.2907)

Dueling?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

One question. Do you want to have somewhat balanced skill based dueling or you just want to pwn noobz and brag about it in openworld?

Dueling?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Funniest thread in ages.

You want things because you think they will make the game better. I do not want these thongs as I feel they would not improve the game. We disagree, a disagreement is by no way entitlement.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dueling?

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

One question. Do you want to have somewhat balanced skill based dueling or you just want to pwn noobz and brag about it in openworld?

I want dueling in the gear im wearing in the zone im wearing it in. I have wanted, since launch, to be able to fight my own guildies in organized duels so that we can teach each other how to improve against our respective classes, or try out new builds in a safe place against people who will let you practice on them without disrespecting you.

Edit: and because its a fun thing to do, whether for a guild organized tournament, to settle a grudge, or to kill time. How many times have I been to Obsidian Sanctum for duels, only to see amazing players from my own server that I simply can’t duel because it hasnt been implemented yet

PvP doesnt cut it for this, because it lacks build diversity with the restrictive amulet and rune system.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Dueling?

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Well dueling becomes available in guild-halls and they have been introducing mounts slowly since the beginning.

First with the flying broom, the the flying karpet, now the gliders and putting in NPC’s on mounts. Also the WvW char car.

When you go back to the first mount threads all that sort of things where unthinkable and bad. Mounts where bad because they cluttered the screen, of course a flying carpet does the same and no complains about that, they would not fit the lore (they did but anyway) now we see NPC’s on mounts and nobody complains.

So I guess as long as it gets introduced slowly or you give it another name than there are not lot of complains.

And while I am in favor of more mounts, there is one problem, and that is the problem that maps are instances so when you would remove some of the way-points (what would make sense) and introduce more mounts you end up running from one loading screen to the other. And while I would love to see GW2 make the world seamless I don’t think that is very high on there list. While the game could benefit greatly form it.

Dueling?

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

The game would not benefit from being seamless. Either from a mechanical or immersion standpoint

Dueling?

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

All these horrible people, keeping you from the dueling and mounts you’re entitled to….

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Dueling?

Zaron.1987

I want dueling in the gear im wearing in the zone im wearing it in. I have wanted, since launch, to be able to fight my own guildies in organized duels so that we can teach each other how to improve against our respective classes, or try out new builds in a safe place against people who will let you practice on them without disrespecting you.

Edit: and because its a fun thing to do, whether for a guild organized tournament, to settle a grudge, or to kill time. How many times have I been to Obsidian Sanctum for duels, only to see amazing players from my own server that I simply can’t duel because it hasnt been implemented yet

PvP doesnt cut it for this, because it lacks build diversity with the restrictive amulet and rune system.

and that is what excaclty come with guild arena in game

but i guess you still want wn noobz and brag about it in openworld cause guild arena is not enough and noobz wont enter it to get farmed /owned by roxxxor guys.

what a cruel and unfair world in tyria kitten anet

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Dueling?

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Who said dueling has to be limited only to Open world?People wanted dueling as an option and Anet gave it to them.Now you complain it is not the same as other MMOs?Gosh…….You must understand one thing.Open world must stay PvE oriented only.Everyone else who wants dueling could go to the specific lobbies Anet created for you.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Dueling?

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

This thread is highly ironic.

I want things that ANet has never even hinted at, but I can’t have them because entitled players keep telling ANet not to add these things.”

I’m curious how this process works. If i ask for something then call you entitled does it mean ‘I called dibs’ and you can’t use it on me? Go me, I won the internet!

Dueling?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Two years isn’t way down the line, in a game that’s coming out with an expansion. Two years is pretty much nothing. Way down the line means not a priority, we’re not working on it now, and you won’t see it any time soon. Five years is more like down the line.

Dueling?

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

Most people need to be more open minded about things and let Anet do Anet and not go on the forums being a keyboard warrior saying that you will quit if the game adds a certain feature.

Anet is doing Anet. They said from day one that mounts were something that they didn’t want in the game; because mounts trivialize the exploration aspect. If they wanted mounts in the game, don’t you think they would have put them in over three years ago instead of spending time creating waypoints?