Dueling and Inspecting?

Dueling and Inspecting?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

15 charrs in skirts.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Dueling and Inspecting?

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I wouldn’t mind duels in pve. It’s still better than doing nothing while waiting for a world boss or a meta event to start. Also, I think non HoT players can’t access guild arena.

VoxL, NSPPT

Dueling and Inspecting?

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

I would really like an inspect option then i woudnt have to kick people who dont want to link gear.

and here we have exactly the kind of elitist, toxic player that isnt welcome in the GW2 community. well done, sir.

Dueling and Inspecting?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I’m yet to read a competent argument as to why dueling is a toxic / bad feature.

I’ve yet to read a competent argument as to why we need more options for dueling when 3 currently exist.

That said see the lovely response from Jaxiom. When someone doesn’t want to duel them imagine that. Now imagine it from a 12 year old whose verbose vocabulary extends to only 4 letter words and feeling like necrophilia is a good thing.

Pretty much explains why dueling in PvE is bad, dueling itself in player controlled environments is fine.

u act as if i’m being a bad guy here, i’ve given real answers to why it’d be a useful feature. only one of us has referred to a group of players as “a 12 year old whose verbose vocabulary extends to only 4 letter words and feeling like necrophilia is a good thing.” and a group that would “turn a PvE environment hostile, volatile and full of petulant attacks.”

if u really need reasons, recall only 1 reason should matter, its fun for a lot of people. another, it gives players something to do while they sit around waiting for bosses, events, etc to spawn. it lets people have a pvp option in a more varied setting. there are little arena style locations around tyria that would be fun places for setting up dueling tourneys.

reasons why current solutions aren’t that, pvp custom arenas use pvp amulets not ur normal gear, they remove you from the world and whatever u were waiting on doing (see events/bosses/etc spawn), guild hall arena has the same prob it removes u from the world and whatever you wanted to do.

Reason why i’ve called you out specifically….

Go back and read on who was casting stones at the community when they didn’t get approval (read Their way).

Tell me in every game you’ve played before this what sorta “community” this actually fosters. From my personal experience it’s basically no different than the CoD 12 year old mentality and community that thrives.

Now then lets get onto why your reasons are bunk.

You can chose 3 separate ways to duel people.

Guild Arena – Your reason why this “isn’t feasible” comes down to nothing more than sheer laziness. As already pointed out to you there are smaller guilds out there that have already unlocked Arena 2.

Custom Arena’s – Well okay you don’t get you pick of the litter for stats here. Might be because PvP is actually a controlled environment that has been statistically modified to balanced (disregarding the current state of conquest balance as its irrelevant in 1v1 dueling)

WvW/EoTM/Obsidian Sanctum – Here you have a playground that follows the PvE ruleset with the sole exception being AI damage. The entire WvW community (read GvG) has been able to work just fine with this, yes it took more play emphasis to get things going but hey that’s what you need to do if you’re going to neglect your other viable alternatives.

So pick one. and just go do it. There’s 0 necessity for even adding it to PvE as the ruleset that is defined for “PvE” is already accessible from your Guild Arena.

Dueling and Inspecting?

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I feel like the Bane and maybe some other places in the world could be designated as PVP dueling areas so that anyone can go and duel there if they choose to.

It would solve the problem of there not being a more accessible way to do PVP for those without a guild arena and who aren’t on the proper server and who still want to use their WvWvW builds.

It would also give the Bane and other such places a use. Come on, the Bane is a huge gladiatorial arena! Wouldn’t it be epic if you could sit in the stands and watch the duels below to pass the time as you wait for your WvWvW queue to pop or for a dungeon/raid party to organize?

Dueling and Inspecting?

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

At start, this game was not built for PvE grinding, but dynamic events, engaging players in a changing content with story. Now we were asked to grind 10k drinks on Christmas holiday.

At start, this game was not built on the idea of 1v1, it was built on teamwork and PvP balance with teams. Something tells me this concept will soon change too. Just wait a bit.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Dueling and Inspecting?

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Also, I think non HoT players can’t access guild arena.

Incorrect.

At start, this game was not built for PvE grinding, but dynamic events, engaging players in a changing content with story. Now we were asked to grind 10k drinks on Christmas holiday.

At start, this game was not built on the idea of 1v1, it was built on teamwork and PvP balance with teams. Something tells me this concept will soon change too. Just wait a bit.

Pardon me if I don’t hold my breath.

Hate is Fuel.

Dueling and Inspecting?

Posted by: nezroy.8492

nezroy.8492

Incorrect.

Did this change? Because when our guild built an arena, only HoT owners could use it.

Dueling and Inspecting?

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Incorrect.

Did this change? Because when our guild built an arena, only HoT owners could use it.

I stand corrected, I was originally informed otherwise. Can’t imagine why only a single part of a guild hall would be unavailable to non-HoT accounts while the rest is accessible. This should be changed.

Hate is Fuel.

(edited by The Greyhawk.9107)

Dueling and Inspecting?

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I wanna duel in open world too, a guild is to closed vs the randoms u can meet in open world. And those who claim that mmos with dueling has the worst communities r deluded. Nothing is ever black and white, and toxity u also find among pve elitists.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Dueling and Inspecting?

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

I feel like the Bane and maybe some other places in the world could be designated as PVP dueling areas so that anyone can go and duel there if they choose to.

It would solve the problem of there not being a more accessible way to do PVP for those without a guild arena and who aren’t on the proper server and who still want to use their WvWvW builds.

It would also give the Bane and other such places a use. Come on, the Bane is a huge gladiatorial arena! Wouldn’t it be epic if you could sit in the stands and watch the duels below to pass the time as you wait for your WvWvW queue to pop or for a dungeon/raid party to organize?

I think turning the open world arenas into true, functioning dueling arenas is a good compromise. It should satisfy all those that wish for open world dueling and you can’t be annoyed by dueling requests because dueling outside of the arenas isn’t possible.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Dueling and Inspecting?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I would be perfectly fine with something like this.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Dueling and Inspecting?

Posted by: sneakyfox.9804

sneakyfox.9804

Inspecting for skins would be reeeeaaaaaaaallllyyyyyyyyy nice.