40 man instanced raids
Inspect
Auto-loading secondary speccing
The Holy trinity

Also of course
-addons especially Damage-Meters
-gearscore maybe ?
-and CAPES !!!!!

Yeah .. add it all and give us also an engine that looks like it was from the 90s

After that we can start to complain that the game is boring because its just another Clone of that particular game.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Dueling needs to happen!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Its something people want.

They also want:

Mounts
40 man instanced raids
Inspect
The Holy trinity

Also of course
-gearscore maybe ?
-and CAPES !!!!!

Yeah .. add it all and give us also an engine that looks like it was from the 90s

After that we can start to complain that the game is boring because its just another Clone of that particular game.

And about 50 or so more skills per class, doesn’t matter if 2 or 3 are just the same thing reskinned..

And an additional 2 or 3 skill bars, so they can equip everything, even though they only actually use like like the first 4 skills..

And mana pools… so we can go back to the days with energy management, cooldowns, and strict rotations…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Dueling needs to happen!

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

New 1v1 Arena mode implemented(both PVP and PvE gear, different queues or smth).
Why not? Can’t see a single downside to this and I can find multiple flaws in gem-store dueling flags, open world fighting, PvP 1v1 server dueling and OS dueling(what we have right now). Would be pretty fabulous in my opinion.

Dueling is not meant to be “serious”. Its casual, spontaneous and kills the waiting time. This Concept doesn’t work If you have to leave the map.

I still do would like to know the Reason for the objections to Dueling.
If it is implemented as i.e. Blood Red Arachnid suggests, why do you even care?
I would really like to hear an Argument.

They have no argument. It’s “it hurts my feelings”, “I might get annoyed for 30 seconds”, and “WoW clone”. As if taking a feature that has been standard in MMOs and adding it to GW2 suddenly makes it a clone.

What also annoys me is that people seem to support ANet’s grand tradition of gating standard MMO features behind a cash shop.

Dueling needs to happen!

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

They also want:

Mounts
40 man instanced raids
Inspect
The Holy trinity

Also of course
-gearscore maybe ?
-and CAPES !!!!!

And about 50 or so more skills per class, doesn’t matter if 2 or 3 are just the same thing reskinned..

And an additional 2 or 3 skill bars, so they can equip everything, even though they only actually use like like the first 4 skills..

And mana pools… so we can go back to the days with energy management, cooldowns, and strict rotations…

Lol yeah, what are they thinking?! Who wants things like resource management which add depth? I wanna spam 1. I play how I want!

Dueling needs to happen!

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Consider me in the “no duel” camp. However, if you want to add dueling that works, I’d suggest this (again).

Have the Consortium in SouthSun open up dueling arenas modeled like the Queen’s Jubilee. There would be observation areas to watch the match, you could speak to an NPC to be queued for random duels or specific challenges, things along that line. You then have a coordinated area that can open the doors for player-generated tournaments and even the occasional side-betting. Plus, it simply fits into GW2 this way. After all, crab toss is a violent game that the Consortium started to give the locals a means to blow off steam. This would follow a similar lore. So basically, if you want to duel, go to SouthSun, step into the arenas and have at it with a like-minded group of players.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Dueling needs to happen!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

New 1v1 Arena mode implemented(both PVP and PvE gear, different queues or smth).
Why not? Can’t see a single downside to this and I can find multiple flaws in gem-store dueling flags, open world fighting, PvP 1v1 server dueling and OS dueling(what we have right now). Would be pretty fabulous in my opinion.

Dueling is not meant to be “serious”. Its casual, spontaneous and kills the waiting time. This Concept doesn’t work If you have to leave the map.

I still do would like to know the Reason for the objections to Dueling.
If it is implemented as i.e. Blood Red Arachnid suggests, why do you even care?
I would really like to hear an Argument.

They have no argument. It’s “it hurts my feelings”, “I might get annoyed for 30 seconds”, and “WoW clone”. As if taking a feature that has been standard in MMOs and adding it to GW2 suddenly makes it a clone.

What also annoys me is that people seem to support ANet’s grand tradition of gating standard MMO features behind a cash shop.

Conversely there are no valid argument to have it either then. “I just want to show off” “I just want to pvp in pve gear” “I’m bored” Every MMO does not need to have all the same things as every other MMO.

They also want:

Mounts
40 man instanced raids
Inspect
The Holy trinity

Also of course
-gearscore maybe ?
-and CAPES !!!!!

Lol yeah, what are they thinking?! Who wants things like resource management which add depth? I wanna spam 1. I play how I want!

This means of design is limiting though, and really doesn’t add all that much depth to play. So you carry an extra set, or two of weapons to swap in in high energy drain scenarios. Oh boy, so much depth. Sounds like just needing to carry around that much more stuff.

How many times, even with excellent management, in other games have you had to stop between battles to wait for regen? I can think of a lot of instances in both GW1 and in WoW, having to wait for healers or dps to recover mana, to pop pots, to recover from swapping to higher energy sets, etc etc.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Dueling needs to happen!

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Duels should not be allowed

• in major cities
  • near gathering nodes
  • near to crafting stations
  • near to merchants, vendors etc
  • near to entrances of dungeons, WPs or portals
  • in the area of active events, vistas, challenges for skill points and POIs
  • in waiting zones for (meta)events

Duels should be allowed in all other regions, especially dungeons.

Dueling needs to happen!

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

As long as dueling is sheltered off in its own area I am all for it. I would rather not see it, be bothered by it i.e. the spam invites, or hear about it i.e. zone messages saying “Superleetdude just beat GunnaPwnYou in a duel”.

I play PvE to just relax, and yes this kind of stuff would bother me.

Dueling needs to happen!

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Easy solution to add dueling.

1. you could make all players that enter the obs arena combatants, unless in the same party or in same guild.

2. You could just add a arena in major cities, anyone who enters becomes a combatant, unless in same party.

Yup, both of those sound good (especially #2).

This type of thing should be easy to implement without taking up to much resources. Also there wouldn?t be any of that request or decline duel nonsense because that type of thing can bother players.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Dueling needs to happen!

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

so we have:
-WvW
-sPvP
-HotM

PvE players have:
-open world

uhmm, i think PvE players have a say about this far more then the pro-duelers, there are plenty of places to fit duels so there is no need to add PvP in the only single place for PvE players.

For Dueling – go to Obsidian Sanctum or make your own PvP arena and invite who ever you want to duel. Then duel to your heart’s content.

No to dueling in the PvE world – it is a slippery slope to Open World PvP.

I can’t duel my friends in Obsidian Sanctum.

PvP arena has griefers everywhere.

MAKE YOUR OWN ARENA AND INVITE YOUR FRIENDS – JEEZ. You can even password protect it so only people that know the PW get in. But just remember, it will only give basic weapons, trinkets and armor. Your skill better be there.

People want to see how OP they are with PvE armor, weapon and accessories – that is just bragging rights.

Dueling needs to happen!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

The objections from those don’t want open world dueling never have any merit.

nor has the reason to add duels in the PvE open world, absolutely no difference.

OpenWorld-Duels could give you somthing interesting to do while you are waiting for Dungeons/World-Bosses/Events. You have fun, get to know people, it doesn’t feel like waiting at all. Duels eliminate Boring.
They would have to be in the Open-World, because players will not leave the Map while waiting.

As long as you can automatically block all duelling requests:
How would Duelling “destroy the cooperative Nature of PvE”?
How would Duelling affect you at all?
This is a serious Question. I am really interested.

i play PvE to try and immerse my self in a lore friendly open world, duels have nothing to do with anything lore and never ever made any game come out any better.
how does it effect me?
PvP belongs in the mist, that’s why the mist exists and it’s there from the first GW chapter till now.
it invites more grieving, trolling and harassment then we can even have right now.
better yet, till now i never ever had any problem with players beside champ trains and dungeon runners.

i can use the same question to you, why is it so needed to add PvP in the only place for PvE players?
why is it so important to duel in a PvE specific area?
just….why, why can’t you keep it in the mist, the place where any kind of PvP belongs.

Dueling needs to happen!

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Easy solution to add dueling.

1. you could make all players that enter the obs arena combatants, unless in the same party or in same guild.

2. You could just add a arena in major cities, anyone who enters becomes a combatant, unless in same party.

Yup, both of those sound good (especially #2).

This type of thing should be easy to implement without taking up to much resources. Also there wouldn?t be any of that request or decline duel nonsense because that type of thing can bother players.

They took the city arenas out of GW1 because people were griefing to it’s fullest. No – leave PvP and PvE separate.

Dueling needs to happen!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Here’s a solution someone else have presented:

Gemstore Item:

Dueling flag: 800 gems

Usage: Issue a dueling challenge to another character who also has a dueling flag in their current inventory and does not have the condition “duel resting”. If the target character does not have a dueling flag in their inventory nothing happen. If target character has a dueling flag in their inventory, but have “duel resting” condition, display a message to the challenger.

After acceptance, dueling flag creates a ring of xxx radius for 1 minute – 2 minutes?, while in this radius, both parties have immunities to attack / conditions from monsters. Each dueling party member is now appeared as “yellow” target on each other screen.

(Duel)

If any dueling party member leaves the ring, they become non hostile until challenged again. In addition once leave the ring, each the player now has “duel resting” as a condition, which last for 10 – 15 minutes. Cannot challenge / accept any dueling while having “duel resting”

Win for ArenaNet: make money
Win for people who wants dueling (duel away)
Win for people who don’t want dueling (can’t be bothered – no flag, nothing happens)

I’d make changes.

• “Duel resting” be done away with. If people want to duel, why give them 1-2 minutes of dueling then make them wait 5-8 times as long to duel again? I see no upside to this.
  • Mobs can still attack you and hurt you while dueling. If you start a duel around mobs, there should be consequences.