Dueling, where is it?

Dueling, where is it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Couldn’t find old topic, but I know of a lot of people that want this put ingame. So why isn’t it here yet?

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Anet doesn’t want to add it.
Quite a bunch of players don’t want it either.
It has low priority.
It’s still in work.

Pick one.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Honestly, I’ve only ever seen people ask for dueling……….four, maybe five times that I can recall since launch, and it never got a whole lot of support.

Personally I know I wouldn’t use it, and would rather the resources be put elsewhere.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Custom arenas or WvW for dueling

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I’m all for dueling in specific arenas/ruins/etc but not across all of PvE. Even if you are able to shut off duel request there is still just too much trolling potential. Dueling sharpens your skills and presents a challenge instead of spamming 1 fighting SB. If you want dueling go to your wvw server match up thread and put out an invitation to a fight club.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

hmm atm there is no real dueling option implemented, but is possible in spvp and wvw. if u wanna duel someone from your own server, try to find an empty spvp server, if it is someone from your current wvw matchup, go behind the mill in south camp on the borderland maps.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

im for dueling 110%

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

they would like to add it a some point.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Since dueling is already available through any empty public hotjoin server, any custom rented server, and in a limited capacity through WvW, I don’t think adding another dueling option is high on the priority list.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Couldn’t find old topic, but I know of a lot of people that want this put ingame. So why isn’t it here yet?

Did you look in the suggestions forum? That is where they move all the threads for dueling and merge them all in to one.

As to where dueling is, it’s been answered many times before so there is no need to rehash all the arguments again, but it is not in this game and there has been no talk about adding it. You may as well be asking where are the flying mounts in GW2 as they are currently both in the same location. ;-)

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Colin johanson did mention it on this video interview with Matt Visual.
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/85152-video-interview-pax-with-colin-johanson/

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

There are sPvP solo arenas.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

PvP is just a dumbed down version of builds so that’s not a good solution.

Dueling needs to be added. They can just add an option to ignore dueling requests for those who are afraid of dueling. It’s that simple.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I’m all for dueling in specific arenas/ruins/etc but not across all of PvE. Even if you are able to shut off duel request there is still just too much trolling potential. Dueling sharpens your skills and presents a challenge instead of spamming 1 fighting SB. If you want dueling go to your wvw server match up thread and put out an invitation to a fight club.

In towns I can understand no dueling unless there’s a Arena area in it(Black Citadel’s Bane) but honestly PvE Dueling would be great. Let me ask you, when’t the last time you’ve seen a zone just full of people/life not there for event chains or farming? I know i don’t unless it’s for RP stuff. Also this really guts good video potential, where you can fight in great breath taking locations. Spvp duels are pretty meh, everything is gutted there and stat placement is fixed. Also most of the time your gear looks newbie or you don’t have access to it.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

Custom arenas or WvW for dueling

The latter isn’t that good when you’re in queues for over an hour, and when you do get in half the time is spent running around in circles. More tedious than the waiting time itself.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

PvP is just a dumbed down version of builds so that’s not a good solution.

Dueling needs to be added. They can just add an option to ignore dueling requests for those who are afraid of dueling. It’s that simple.

You see it is the attitude of if you are not interested in dueling you are somehow afraid of it that really puts people off.

The game is very co-operative by design- no loot steal, resource steal, kill steal, anyone can res.
Dueling in PvE is at odds with this

The best argument I have seen for dueling is that people want to duel in PVE gear and builds. ( they do it in WvW already)
The solution that come to mind is to put arenas in the cities just for that and have people spectate if they wish.

I am absolutely opposed to dueling in open world

Gunnar’s Hold

Dueling, where is it?

ShiningSquirrel.3751

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/85152-video-interview-pax-with-colin-johanson/

Oh god no!
Lets just hope he lied about it like they do for so many other things. The day the have open world dueling is the day I uninstall the game and find something else to do.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

They’re adding an arena section near the entrance to the EB jumping puzzle so you can duel and do GvG fights there. We’ll have to see how it goes.

BTW, I agree on having arenas on cities for duels, there’s already one in the black citadel (The Bane, that according to lore is used by charr to settle disputes by fighting, so it’s good lorewise), and according to the novel Edge of Destiny there should be one in Lion’s Arch as well (there Logan, Rytlock and Caithe were fighting to pay off their sentence when Eir, Zojja and Snaff found them).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Colin stated at PAX that PvE dueling is something they would like to do (ugh gag me), but it is low on their priority list of things to do. He did say that custom arenas are intended to be their work around for 1v1s for the time being, until they can get around to adding pve dueling. There was no eta, so don’t hold you breath for it anytime soon.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Oh god no!
Lets just hope he lied about it like they do for so many other things. The day the have open world dueling is the day I uninstall the game and find something else to do.

Umm… why such a harsh negative reaction?

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Dueling, where is it?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Oh god no!

There are a lot of people that have had some terrible experiences with pve ‘duelers.’ Probably more bad than good in a lot cases. There is also the concern of the type of attitude this type of play style fosters. Thus the extreme negative reactions to it.

Dueling, where is it?

Scrambles.2604

Oh god no!

srsly? You could just not duel. No need to get all dramatic.

and Anet don’t care if you uninstall, they already got your money.

If you refuse to flow with the river of change, you will get eroded

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Oh god no!

There are a lot of people that have had some terrible experiences with pve ‘duelers.’ Probably more bad than good in a lot cases. There is also the concern of the type of attitude this type of play style fosters. Thus the extreme negative reactions to it.

It doesn’t need to be like that though. Normally the ugh is from people spamming the accept duel thing at you (which is easily solved).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Dueling, where is it?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Oh god no!

It doesn’t need to be like that though. Normally the ugh is from people spamming the accept duel thing at you (which is easily solved).

True, it doesn’t need to be so explosive, but some people feel strongly, and they express it such. Everyone is entitled to that much. Whether you agree or disagree is solely up to you.

There are many more issues to it than just the spamming the duel invite issue. Most of which have been brought up and then slapped down as though they don’t matter in other threads. I won’t go into them here, it’s not part of this topic.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Dueling was one of the question on Arenanet anniversary thingie and Colin said they definitely want to have a way to duel outside PvP, but it has a low priority right now. Take that, duel-haters

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Dueling, where is it?

Scrambles.2604

Oh god no!

True, it doesn’t need to be so explosive, but some people feel strongly, and they express it such. Everyone is entitled to that much. Whether you agree or disagree is solely up to you.

There are many more issues to it than just the spamming the duel invite issue. Most of which have been brought up and then slapped down as though they don’t matter in other threads. I won’t go into them here, it’s not part of this topic.

You don’t suppose that some of the claims against dueling have been exaggerated for the sake of trying to prove a point?

Dueling, where is it?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Oh god no!

You don’t suppose that some of the claims against dueling have been exaggerated for the sake of trying to prove a point?

That goes both ways, Scrambles, and we’ve had this argument before.

Both sides blow their points out of proportion to prove they are right. One side refuses to see that problems exist, the other refuses to see that not all of the apples are necessarily rotten.

What needs to happen is to find a common, middle ground and work from there. However that is difficult when you have so many, even on these forums, that attack people with terms like “pve noob” and “carebear.” The other side is not innocent by any means, but the refusal to budge an inch on either side accomplishes nothing.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

You can do 1v1 to 8v8 duels or anything inbetween in a custom arena to your hearts content…

Unless you are too cheap to buy a custom arena? In which case you don’t want it really…

Dueling, where is it?

Scrambles.2604

Oh god no!

That goes both ways, Scrambles, and we’ve had this argument before.

Both sides blow their points out of proportion to prove they are right. One side refuses to see that problems exist, the other refuses to see that not all of the apples are necessarily rotten.

What needs to happen is to find a common, middle ground and work from there. However that is difficult when you have so many, even on these forums, that attack people with terms like “pve noob” and “carebear.” The other side is not innocent by any means, but the refusal to budge an inch on either side accomplishes nothing.

It’s not like people are going to force you to duel, though. The whole idea is that this could be implemented, and if you don’t care about dueling, it wouldn’t change anything for you.

How is one supposed to compromise with hyperbolic fear?

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

I think it would be agood idea. Give people something to do when standing around LA. Might make a few cool hangout spots and whatnot.

I remember dueling in front of towns in WoW back in the day. Good times. I don’t see anything negative about adding it into the game.

Dueling, where is it?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It’s not like people are going to force you to duel, though. The whole idea is that this could be implemented, and if you don’t care about dueling, it wouldn’t change anything for you.

No, you can’t force someone to duel. But you can grief the kitten out of them for declining, and people do it.

Just like people grief players using the new LFG tool, for no other reason than they can.

Again with simply refusing to acknowledge that issues exist.

Dueling, where is it?

Scrambles.2604

No, you can’t force someone to duel. But you can grief the kitten out of them for declining, and people do it.

Just like people grief players using the new LFG tool, for no other reason than they can.

This is what i’m talking about, though. You make it sound like every time you log in, someone is going to duel spam you and harass you until you finally log off.

I won’t say that is impossible, but the likelihood of someone randomly attacking you for not wanting to duel, all completely unwarranted, is so minuscule that it would be considered a statistical outlier and dismissed.

There’s no reason someone couldn’t do that right now, just without the duel part. I’m willing to bet it happens, too, but the frequency with which it happens is almost statistically non-existent.

But advocating against dueling because one is afraid of constant, random, unwarranted attacks from trolls is hyperbole used for the sake of trying to make an argument.

Dueling, where is it?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

This is what i’m talking about, though. You make it sound like every time you log in, someone is going to duel spam you and harass you until you finally log off.

I won’t say that is impossible, but the likelihood of someone randomly attacking you for not wanting to duel, all completely unwarranted, is so minuscule that it would be considered a statistical outlier and dismissed.

There’s no reason someone couldn’t do that right now, just without the duel part. I’m willing to bet it happens, too, but the frequency with which it happens is almost statistically non-existent.

But advocating against dueling because one is afraid of constant, random, unwarranted attacks from trolls is hyperbole used for the sake of trying to make an argument.

I am simply pointing out that the likelihood is there, and that there is a decent chance of this happening. Some people are just like that. You’re right this crap is already prevalent (griefing for no reason) and I have acknowledged that not everyone is like this. However, based on current trends and behavior, as well as incidents in other games, you can make a reasonable assumption about how often you may encounter it here should it be implemented.

I am not against pve dueling. Which is where you seem to misunderstand me. I would prefer to not have it, but it’s not going to chase me from the game if they do. I have no issue giving as much grief to someone that attempts to dish it out to me. (Which you may have noted by now) However, I am an exception to how most people tend to react (from personal observation in game, forum users are generally totally different animals).

Most people prefer to simply rely on their ignore list, but in GW2 that doesn’t offer much protection, since the griefer can still see when you’re online, what map you’re in, can randomly join the party you’re in (since you don’t necessarily have to be the one to accept or deny him), etc.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I am not sure if that is true- it might be exaggerated sure but I can very easily see it happening to a point where it gets annoying.

All you really need is a cool looking character and a bored troll.

Atm there is no real incentive for a troll to harass you and still it does happen- adding PvE dueling in open-world will just give the gankers an excuse- and make no mistake there are gankers in this game.

I do really like the idea of arenas- I would love to just watch some fights, I would like to be able to bet on a favorite too and have rankings specifically tied to arenas- ala gladiators.
that way if you want to participate you can and there is no hassle for anyone- plus it is a fun passtime

Gunnar’s Hold

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

In towns I can understand no dueling unless there’s a Arena area in it(Black Citadel’s Bane) but honestly PvE Dueling would be great. Let me ask you, when’t the last time you’ve seen a zone just full of people/life not there for event chains or farming? I know i don’t unless it’s for RP stuff. Also this really guts good video potential, where you can fight in great breath taking locations. Spvp duels are pretty meh, everything is gutted there and stat placement is fixed. Also most of the time your gear looks newbie or you don’t have access to it.

You have to earn your gear just as you do in pve.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Dueling, where is it?

Scrambles.2604

Maybe i’m just not as cynical as you guys, or i’ve been really lucky in the MMOs i have played.

I have nothing but positive memories from random duels with folk back in WoW and even in SWTOR. I can’t say for certain if i’ve ever been harassed as a result of duels, because it either never happened, or if it did, it wasn’t so tramatic that it stuck out in my memory.

I can’t suddenly make you more optimistic, but i can say that i have positive memories from duels in other games and i imagine that would carry over just fine into GW2.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

here’s another problem with open world dueling: how does it affect combat with mobs and can that be exploited?

ie: could two players start a ‘duel’ to escape combat? can they use it to avoid combat in the first place, bypassing large groups of mobs?

if it’s restricted to a designated area like the one in the Citadel then that would be fine: the only ppl who have to interact with the system are the ones that choose to do so and it doesn’t impact anything else.

but at that point, how is it that different than just doing it in an sPvP Custom Arena or the new WvW area they’ve announced?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Dueling, where is it?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Maybe i’m just not as cynical as you guys, or i’ve been really lucky in the MMOs i have played.

I have nothing but positive memories from random duels with folk back in WoW and even in SWTOR. I can’t say for certain if i’ve ever been harassed as a result of duels, because it either never happened, or if it did, it wasn’t so tramatic that it stuck out in my memory.

I can’t suddenly make you more optimistic, but i can say that i have positive memories from duels in other games and i imagine that would carry over just fine into GW2.

See, I’m just the opposite. Maybe it was just the server I was on, but in WoW, I avoided Goldshire like the plague because of the duelers there. It was so hard to even attempt quests while leveling because I’d have jerks follow me around spamming the duel button and talking crap to me in map chat. It got tedious. Sure, I put a few of them in their place, but it never shut them up.
Edit: Or they’d kill off all the crap I needed in the area for the quest, which was even more annoying.

Now, I’m well aware that every bushel has a few rotten apples. I’m aware that not all duelers act like this; however when you run into more of the ‘bad’ apples than good ones, it tends to sour you just a bit.

Taking into consideration the types of attitudes and the amount of trolls in gw2 already I’m a little concerned about giving them ‘one more thing’ to add to their ar[sen]al (really that was filtered? cmon anet, there are better, smarter filters than this out there) of griefing tools. Again, it might just be my server (which is primarily a bunch of spvpers), but you’ll have to forgive me if I’m wary.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

here’s another problem with open world dueling: how does it affect combat with mobs and can that be exploited?

ie: could two players start a ‘duel’ to escape combat? can they use it to avoid combat in the first place, bypassing large groups of mobs?

if it’s restricted to a designated area like the one in the Citadel then that would be fine: the only ppl who have to interact with the system are the ones that choose to do so and it doesn’t impact anything else.

but at that point, how is it that different than just doing it in an sPvP Custom Arena or the new WvW area they’ve announced?

I’ve also seen the argument that events scale to the number of players in the area, so if players are dueling, will those numbers affect the scale of the events?

I don’t see why open-world dueling needs to be added. Dueling in a specified arena, sure.

Dueling, where is it?

Scrambles.2604

they said it would be open world, and i imagine it would be like other games, where the monsters continue to aggro players like normal.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Many times, pro-duelers say they would like to duel with PvE gear. What’s the problem with having a specific place to duel? If you want to run a dungeon, you go to a dungeon…if you want to play a mini-game, you go there….etc. I don’t care if some want to duel, I just don’t want it out in the open world. There was a …person in LA yesterday, spamming ‘FIGHT MEEEEEE!!’ over and over in chat. I found it annoying.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

I would be fine with it if they implemented some kind of gladiators ring where people had to go to, to have the option.

Would I use it? No. But if there is a large enough demand why not?

One thing I hate the most about it is the constant spamming people do in other games to get you to duel. It’s just annoying, I like PVP/WvW for the teamwork. Dueling I find attracts kittens.

Dueling, where is it?

Scrambles.2604

See, I’m just the opposite. Maybe it was just the server I was on, but in WoW, I avoided Goldshire like the plague because of the duelers there. It was so hard to even attempt quests while leveling because I’d have jerks follow me around spamming the duel button and talking crap to me in map chat. It got tedious. Sure, I put a few of them in their place, but it never shut them up.

Now, I’m well aware that every bushel has a few rotten apples. I’m aware that not all duelers act like this; however when you run into more of the ‘bad’ apples than good ones, it tends to sour you just a bit.

Taking into consideration the types of attitudes and the amount of trolls in gw2 already I’m a little concerned about giving them ‘one more thing’ to add to their ar[sen]al (really that was filtered? cmon anet, there are better, smarter filters than this out there) of griefing tools. Again, it might just be my server (which is primarily a bunch of spvpers), but you’ll have to forgive me if I’m wary.

it doesn’t help that starter areas are the places you find the people with the least invested in the game, thus they’re more likely to mess with players that are seemingly more invested in the game.

As in, “i just started playing [insert game], my friend just came over to check it out and made a new character. He has no plans on playing this character past this moment, so he just walks around and trolls others.”

To be fair, i don’t think you can cite one zone in WoW and generalize it to the entirety of GW2, especially when GW2 is far more accessible and far less competitive than WoW. On top of that, i would like to imagine that once duels were implemented, there would also be a ignore/block system that would disable duel request. But we know nothing at this point so it’s anyone’s guess….my guess is just loaded with optimism and observations about the current state of the game.

Dueling, where is it?

Scrambles.2604

Many times, pro-duelers say they would like to duel with PvE gear. What’s the problem with having a specific place to duel? If you want to run a dungeon, you go to a dungeon…if you want to play a mini-game, you go there….etc. I don’t care if some want to duel, I just don’t want it out in the open world. There was a …person in LA yesterday, spamming ‘FIGHT MEEEEEE!!’ over and over in chat. I found it annoying.

personally, i always enjoyed fighting in the world environments. They are all varied and different and can add a lot to fights.

Additionally, having to zone to somewhere else to duel removes a lot of accessibility that encourages duels “in the moment.” If someone is waiting for the rest of their dungeon group and they get a duel request, they would be less likely to duel if they had to then wait to load another zone, then reload their previous zone if the duel ends or the group is ready to go.

It may not seem like a big deal, but i would be less inclined to accept a duel request once loading screens got involved.

Dueling, where is it?

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Oh god no!

It’s been discussed to death in so many other threads so I am not going to get in to the details again, but suffice it to say the players who insist on doing open world dueling are the worst kind of player in any game and end up ruining any kind of play experience for non pvpers. You can see it now with the costume brawl. They will have a whole map to do their thing in yet they will choose to do it right on top of other players. I play games to have fun and relax. GW has always been able to offer both. Once it no longer does there is no reason to keep playing and no reason to keep it installed.

(edited by ShiningSquirrel.3751)

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

They’re adding an arena section near the entrance to the EB jumping puzzle so you can duel and do GvG fights there. We’ll have to see how it goes.

BTW, I agree on having arenas on cities for duels, there’s already one in the black citadel (The Bane, that according to lore is used by charr to settle disputes by fighting, so it’s good lorewise), and according to the novel Edge of Destiny there should be one in Lion’s Arch as well (there Logan, Rytlock and Caithe were fighting to pay off their sentence when Eir, Zojja and Snaff found them).

There is already a spot for dueling in Lions Arch ,there is a spot with a red fence around it, it looks like the Arenanet symbol.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

There is already a spot for dueling in Lions Arch ,there is a spot with a red fence around it, it looks like the Arenanet symbol.

I think that spot would be a little too small for dueling, IMHO, specially for kiting oriented classes. The way the arena is described in the edge of destiny is much bigger, with space for spectators around and even a special “VIP” area where Queen Jennah went to see Edge of Steel fight (Logan, Rytlock and Caithe), which is where Logan met her in the first place.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I always assumed that spot would be used for mini-pet duels (considering there are two mini-pets in there). It’s a little too small for player-player dueling.

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

You have to earn your gear just as you do in pve.

That’s known but in order to get it you have to go through the extremely ridiculous Rank grind in Spvp and it makes it tedious. I’ve earned a couple some pieces but I won’t be getting no lol cultural pieces until what rank 80 i think? At least in PvE i earn my gear at a more appropriate rate through dungeons or TP and don’t have to wait for a a year to obtain a piece I want through a ranking system. Rank 29 atm.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Dueling, where is it?

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

In my experience, it is far far from being statistically non existant, and no where near being hyperbole.