Dueling why was removed from the wiki ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

Q:

it was one of the things that will come into the game and now its no more there why arena net ?

Posted by: Zesbeer.8365

Zesbeer.8365

A:

well things to come there was dueling now there is no more oh well if anyone knows from the wiki comminity pls tell me

The note was removed because it had no areananet source. If you have a link to a interview or video or blog post or forum post that talks about how they will be adding dueling then they will re add the note.

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

The wiki is maintained by and for players. If you would like answers as to why certain content was removed, you will have to ask the wiki community. There are talk pages on the wiki that they pay attention to. Just be sure to ask on the appropriate page.

Gele.2048

well things to come there was dueling now there is no more oh well if anyone knows from the wiki comminity pls tell me

Gele.2048

it was one of the things that will come into the game and now its no more there why ?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The note was removed because it had no areananet source. If you have a link to a interview or video or blog post or forum post that talks about how they will be adding dueling then they will re add the note.

Here’s your answer.

It was likely removed due to lack of a source. If they allowed things to be left up that didn’t have a source, the Wiki would be a very very unreliable place to see what things are to come. And you wouldn’t want that, would you?

Asking the same question every other second isn’t going to change the answer -shrug-

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

There was this from the BWEs: http://i.imgur.com/inYDU.jpg

Last year though, they said that dueling was a low priority, wasn’t in development and custom arenas could be used.

Posted by: Zesbeer.8365

Zesbeer.8365

There was this from the BWEs: http://i.imgur.com/inYDU.jpg

Last year though, they said that dueling was a low priority, wasn’t in development and custom arenas could be used.

If I am not mistaken the page in question is the: ‘Upcoming changes and features’ page so as you said its not something in development so that’s why it was removed.

Posted by: Frans.7930

Frans.7930

And all Jon Peters said was that if it comes, it comes after release.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Wiki is a source to be taken with a grain of salt for the reason being that I could go on there and say GW2 things to come was going to have tanks resembeling dragons introduced into the game. Not a very reliable source of information without further investigation.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger