Dueling with real gear

Dueling with real gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Hello

Will dueling ever be available while using our real gear? I don’t like how SPVP/Dueling has a separate gear set from WvW making some builds useless to duel with because of low crit damage/crit chance etc.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

If you want the duels to be a matter of skills and not reflects how rich you are, you have to put the two opponent on an equal state gear-side (and get rid of food buffs).
That’s what sPvP is for. Now, you’re right : the limited gear available doesn’t provide as much possibilities as PvE sets do, however I still prefer that against a flawed duel where someone using gold/exotic faces a full ascended + food buff opponent.

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Minos I understand this but they should add an option to allow real gear or not in the dueling arenas.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Well you have to understand that wvw is quite different from spvp. So even if you want to put some spvp in wvw, chances are there would still be some balance issues (food buffs for one thing bring so much to the table that spvpers don’t get).

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

They are not interested in meeting the expectations of their customers, and would rather focus their time on temporary events that nobody really cares about (how long were you in southsun before you were done there this month? 2 days?).

Don’t expect duels any time soon, if ever.

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

They are not interested in meeting the expectations of their customers, and would rather focus their time on temporary events that nobody really cares about (how long were you in southsun before you were done there this month? 2 days?).

I’m a customer, and my expectations were certainly met. And I do care about those temporary events. o.o

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Minos I understand this but they should add an option to allow real gear or not in the dueling arenas.

clearly you don’t understand. If an opponent with “real” gear goes up against an opponent who doesn’t have the same access to that “real” gear the match will be unfair.

If things were the way you wanted them then GW2 would just be another gear to win game instead of an actual skill game.

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

They are not interested in meeting the expectations of their customers my expectations…

Fixed.

You can’t speak for everyone, since there are people who are happy with what they are doing.

It’s also impossible for ANet to meet every customers expectations, since a) customer expectations vary and b) customer expectations might go against their vision for the game.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Oh yeah, all the customers who never played GW1 that want their mounts, more gear tiers and duells with “real gear”. We can only hope that they will start pandering to them!

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

clearly you don’t understand. If an opponent with “real” gear goes up against an opponent who doesn’t have the same access to that “real” gear the match will be unfair.

If things were the way you wanted them then GW2 would just be another gear to win game instead of an actual skill game.

Welcome to WvW where you fight with your pve gear. Oh and everyone does have the same access to that gear. There is nothing stopping anyone from getting the top gear other than time. Shouldn’t time invested grant that person some sort of advantage over someone who hasn’t invested as much? I would think so. Even if they both have enough time in to have the top gear, the person with more time in will (or at least ‘should’) have more experience.

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

Welcome to WvW where you fight with your pve gear. Oh and everyone does have the same access to that gear. There is nothing stopping anyone from getting the top gear other than time. Shouldn’t time invested grant that person some sort of advantage over someone who hasn’t invested as much? I would think so. Even if they both have enough time in to have the top gear, the person with more time in will (or at least ‘should’) have more experience.

Yes, and it should stay this way .
A duel is about finding who is the best, not who has the better gear or who has invested more time into this game and this cannot happens in WvW or any area in the game where PvE gears are available.
That’s why duels are fine where they belong : in sPvP.

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

Here we go again.

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

A duel is about finding who is the best, not who has the better gear or who has invested more time into this game and this cannot happens in WvW or any area in the game where PvE gears are available.

Just to clarify, duel is the best in finding who is the best at DUELING, not a good PVP player. Being good in duels does NOT equal a good PVP player (far from it) although a good PVP player might also be excellent at duels too.

Dueling with real gear

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Yes, and it should stay this way .

Better gear and more time happens in WvW already. As for dueling, it is about fighting one on one period. Regardless of gear, regardless of level, and regardless of time in. Will someone with better gear, a higher level and more time in have a distinct advantage over the other person? Absolutely. Here’s the kicker though. Someone challenges you, you can decline. If they do put in this feature, then it is a given that they would need to do a few things…

1. An inspect function. So you can see what gear that person is using. There can be an option to deny people the ability to view you if you want to keep it secret.

And

2. An auto decline option. If your not interested in such a game feature, then this option will make it so you never even know that someone tried to challenge you.

So it’s simple. You get challenged so you inspect them to see if your gear is pretty much even. You see that it is so you accept the challenge. You see that it isn’t or they have it so you can’t see their gear and you decline it.