Dueling?

Dueling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Doomdazzle.4392

Doomdazzle.4392

I understand why dueling isn’t in the game, granted, you should be able to /duel in pve and wvw at least. But why isn’t there a 1v1 arena format for those that want dueling to play, doesn’t need to have any glory benefits and it would be part of sPvP.

If only =/

Dueling?

Posted by: Draennon.8576

Draennon.8576

I personally don’t really like ‘in world dueling’. Was always annoyed by duel-requests in other MMOs that randomly pop up.

What could be possible though is maybe a 1on1 arena in the world, maybe somewhere in the Norn areas? They like showing off their strength anyway, so an arena where you can fight someone else would be great. This way, people would have their duels and the ones, who don’t want to bother with them wont have to at all. Maybe could even watch from the outside.

Dueling?

Posted by: Metanoiance.3820

Metanoiance.3820

In my opinion they definitely should implement dueling. Dueling with friends always has been a blast in my past MMO experience
+ I would LOVE to see 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 arenas.

Dueling?

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

Dueling in an arena sounds like it could be fun. Confining dueling to arenas would make acceptable to everyone, that way if you had no interest in dueling, then you would not enter the arena.

I really like the idea of an arena for dueling, that would allow for spectators. Since the game is “skill” based, and pretty to watch, it could be fun just to sit in the stands and watch / bet / drink with other players as well. Could be very entertaining.

They could even add a PvE aspect where a small team of gladiators fights creatures, monsters and so on. It has lots of possibilites.

Also, they could add a gladiator skin set for players who put in their time in the arena. It would be another achievement for players to seek, and probably a fairly easy content to add to the game.