Duels, Inspections and Vehicals

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Steven.9803

Steven.9803

I would love to see these added in game! I used to love outside city dueling in Wildstar and WoW, and I think it would be really benificial in bringing the community more together. Sure we do have costume brawls, which are a lot of fun, but idk maybe add some more costume weapons like the two-handed axe?

Inspections would be really useful because a lot of times I see someone with some amazing gear and I think “Ooh what is that”, but usually when I whipser them to ask they ignore me :/ Inspections please!

We have a magic carpet, we have a broom, can we have a char themed motor bike, or an asura hoverboard? Let me know what you guys think!(Also, keep your “go play wow” statements to yourself, cause wow isnt the only mmo with these features you kittens)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No to Open World dueling.
No to inspections.
The riding toys aren’t very popular, even the hovering ones; but, if someone wants a motor bike, ..ok, I guess.

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

No to all 3 of them.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They’ve already said the game doesn’t support PvP in PvE maps, which is what dueling is essentially.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Open world dueling was something they wanted to do back in beta (but so was increasing the level cap prior to HoT), but in the end we got costume brawl, custom arenas and guild arenas. At this point, you can assume it’ll never happen.

Inspections are already possible by requesting the player’s API key. ArenaNet believes in a casual friendly environment, so open inspections will simply never happen.

Steven.9803

Okay, how bout some new costume brawl weapons then? And not having inspections doesnt make any sense, why is it so bad to have it? Also vehicals are awesome!

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

No to all 3 of them.

this right here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

15 characters for content limit,s LOL

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Okay, how bout some new costume brawl weapons then? And not having inspections doesnt make any sense, why is it so bad to have it? Also vehicals are awesome!

The only ones that used inspections in Aion were the ones that liked to grief new players/low levels. Nothing like making sure your target doesn’t stand a chance in hell before you gank them.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Steven.9803

Ummm, there are a lot of mmo’s out there with player inspection, and none of them use it for greifing. Also I played Aion up till patch 3.2, and “inspection griefing” was never an issue in pvp or otherwise

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Ummm, there are a lot of mmo’s out there with player inspection, and none of them use it for greifing. Also I played Aion up till patch 3.2, and “inspection griefing” was never an issue in pvp or otherwise

I find that hard to believe that none of those MMO’s have players who would abuse an inspection feature in order to grief someone. Jerks exist in every game and they will use every aspect of a game in order to do so.

Steven.9803

I agree jerks are everywhere, but again in all my years of mmo gammg, I have never herd of using inspection as an advantage in pvp, or even herd mention of it on any forums, save this one for sone reason

Posted by: LSD.4673

LSD.4673

The typically regurgitated answer is that “grrr elitists!!!” would make it too hard for people to group up or something like that.

Pros for inspect:
lets you show off (which seems to be 90% of this game)
lets you get a good idea of what kind of gear you should be going for (“oh cool, that’s a good hat or whatever, i should look up how to get that”)

Cons:
GRRR ELITISTS!!!!

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I would love to see these added in game! I used to love outside city dueling in Wildstar and WoW, and I think it would be really benificial in bringing the community more together. Sure we do have costume brawls, which are a lot of fun, but idk maybe add some more costume weapons like the two-handed axe?

Inspections would be really useful because a lot of times I see someone with some amazing gear and I think “Ooh what is that”, but usually when I whipser them to ask they ignore me :/ Inspections please!

We have a magic carpet, we have a broom, can we have a char themed motor bike, or an asura hoverboard? Let me know what you guys think!(Also, keep your “go play wow” statements to yourself, cause wow isnt the only mmo with these features you kittens)

Do not want

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Go to wvw or spvp for all your pvp needs. You can find likeminded players with pvp builds to fight.

You have access to look at every piece of gear in the wardrobe tab of your bank.

I personally have nothing against mounts and could live with or without them.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I would rather they spend their development time on something other than any of those three things.

SBI

Seera.5916

I agree jerks are everywhere, but again in all my years of mmo gammg, I have never herd of using inspection as an advantage in pvp, or even herd mention of it on any forums, save this one for sone reason

Just because it’s not mentioned doesn’t mean that players who do get their kicks by ganking low levels don’t use the inspection tool to decide which player to go after first if they see multiple ones.

Steven.9803

Right because im WvW Im really gonna go out of my way to imspect someones gear so I can asure my dominance >.< you argument is hollow, they scale you up in WvW so you can fight level 80’s as a level 10. Inspection would make absolutlt no differance in pvp!

Posted by: Obfuscate.6430

Obfuscate.6430

Duels in PVE? I don’t think this would work – people are already angry that PVE and PVP skill balances aren’t completely separate. Adding a duel system to PVE could potentially complicate this.
I think a 1v1 system in PVP would be great though. Currently the only way to do such a thing would be through your guild hall, or in a custom arena. This is something not every one has access to currently.

~*~

How to make Inspections work: unfriended people can only view the costume or skin name. It’s pretty harmless but benefits the game in that it can give people new goals – especially if they like an armor or weapon they see and it’s from the gem shop or a special collection reward.
Mutual friends or guildies get the addition of seeing the armor stats.
Why? – if you are mutual friends (both friended each other) or are in the same guild, chances are you have similar goals or are of similar thinking. There are different reasons to want to see armor stats – whether it be for RAIDs or you are just generally trying to help them tweak their armor set up. When you want to communicate what you’re using in the quickest way possible this seems like a good idea. I’ve seen people asking for this through the years.
However I would discourage enabling this if you’re in a squad or party. It could be abused in order to harass players.

~*~

Charr Bike: The asset is already in the game. They can probably implement this with out too much trouble. Use the Charr bike model and have the player vanish when it activates – replaced with the enclosed bike model. Similar to how that drill item works – when you go under ground and your model gets replaced by moving dirt lol!

Hope this helps make some of your dreams more viable!

(edited by Obfuscate.6430)

Seera.5916

Right because im WvW Im really gonna go out of my way to imspect someones gear so I can asure my dominance >.< you argument is hollow, they scale you up in WvW so you can fight level 80’s as a level 10. Inspection would make absolutlt no differance in pvp!

And where did I say I was talking about what effects it would have in this game?

I was referring to YOUR comments about OTHER games that have inspection.

In this game, the problems with inspection and jerks would show up more in the dungeon, fractal, and raid areas or any area where group composition is important. It wouldn’t necessarily be used against those you’re fighting, but instead against potential team mates.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Pros for inspect:
lets you get a good idea of what kind of gear you should be going for (“oh cool, that’s a good hat or whatever, i should look up how to get that”)
Cons:
GRRR ELITISTS!!!!

I love how you elaborate on what you think is good, and just sum up the cons with a silly line without explaining it.

I’m unsure as to how inspecting would let you “show off” much more then the current visual skins do. It’s not like ascended armor and weapons is hard to get, and the stat bonus of legendaries literally doesn’t exist. So what you are showing off is your look, inspect or not that won’t change much.

As for letting people know what gear they “should” be going for… Why would you assume that random inspected player is what you “should” do? Further for most aspects of this game there really isn’t a need for one specific play or build style. That’s one thing people love. The main issue with an inspect function is when it is used to see someones gear and say "thats NOT what you “should” be going for" KICK.

Back on topic 100% to two out of three suggestions… They have been suggested befor, please just let the horse RIP.

Extra toys like the carpet, I don’t really see any harm, except development effort being used on something rarely used vs something that might actually improve the game experience for the majority of players. Except the hoverboard idea… or a dragon carpet thing that looked like Aurene….

(edited by Miku.6297)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Let’s not have things just because other games have them. GW2 isn’t other games.

No to Duels: Because PvE was exclusively designed to be the co-operative play side of the game. Duels can still be done in Guild Halls, Custom Arenas and to some degree, Costume Brawl.

No to Inspections: As I said, GW2 isn’t other games. It’s meant to have been designed as a community friendly game. Raids being introduced has already caused some sense of division. Gear inspection where someone gets kicked for have 10 less power than what someone is “supposed” to have will increase division. It also should never be forced.

No to ‘Vehicles’: A bit trickier to say no to, but I’m still against it for two reasons. First of all, int he world of Tyria, things are genuinely added to the game to still make sense from a lore/immersion perspective. We already have Waypoints and Asura gates that are faster travel than a car, so from a backline perspective it wouldn’t make sense.

Secondly, I believe the toys are a nice compromise. The ‘mounts’ shouldn’t be a combat aid in my opinion, and I think getting forced off a broom or carpet when you’re engaged is a good thing, and they are pretty much the closest things to mounts we’re going to get.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I swear, this forum community is like the anti-fun police head quarters. You guys opposed raids, flying, mounts and even the first person view camera, and now look, there in the game and they make it wat more fun. Give change a chance you kittens!

1) what is fun for you may not be fun for others. Think about that before you accuse everyone wanting to keep the game less fun.
2) It’s ‘vehicles’ not ‘vehicals’
3) no one opposed the first person camera. And even if someone did, they were in the minority.
4) mounts are not in the game. Those silly gemstore toys are not mounts. But they are a nice compromise, so are gliders.
5) saying things like “you kittens” because people don’t want your suggestions to be implemented certainly won’t win anyone over.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Duels: How I would think these could work would be, you can invite someone to a duel. You can only invite someone to a dual in a racial city. If they accept, you will be transport to a small arena in the mists and duel. After the duel you would be transported to the city you was in. If they decline the duel, you can’t send them another invite for at least 5 minutes to prevent spam. You would also have a option to auto decline invites to duels in the options menu and they wouldn’t even pop up.

Skin Inspections/Preview: You can’t see the stats, only the name of the skin of the armor/weapon/costume that person is wearing currently. I have seen some nice armor combinations in my time but not always will they answer when I ask about it or it may be a very complex set of dyes/armors. Also should see what dyes they used in the “preview”. And to the people who say they want their armor secret, its in the game, its in the public, at some point someone can copy your look, its just easier with a skin inspection/preview feature.

Vehicle/Toy: I don’t care what you call it but I would enjoy more of them. I can see how people don’t want these with speed boosts. The only thing I would want is more of a selection of what kind of vehicle/toys you get. Maybe something like the charr bike or a dolyak whistle. And again, it won’t give speed boosts but, just a slight more flavor to change just from running to “riding” a broom, carpet, creature, or even in a tunnel.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Every single MMO I have played that has inspection, has a significant enough number of ppl to use it for griefing.
Any gains to be had from inspection would be enormously outweighed by the potential negative issues that would come about.

I’ve played MMO’s for nearly 15 years – I am glad to see the back of this feature.

Vehicles. Well the mount conversation has been had a million times over – by far and away the most discussed topic on these forums. I lean mostly to not having them since the game doesn’t really lend itself to it.
However, I am open to the idea of specifically designed maps that had vehicles exclusively in them. It sort of worked in GW1 with the Junundu Worms. Whether they could pull it off is another. Gliding says they can…activities show that non-traditional action is simply clunky and unplayable.

I suppose the toys would be OK, but they are somewhat immersion breaking, although GW long since ditched any sense of cultivating it’s own style in that regard when it started chucking into game any old skin regardless whether it fitted its Universe or not.

Duels can be done in the Guild Hall or in little corners of WvW. Anet are very keen to keep their modes separate and so pvp should be kept out of pve. Which is fair since the acknowledged feedback has been for less pve stuff thrown into wvw.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Wizigard.4760

Wizigard.4760

dueling would need elaboration. I generaly hate it in wvw and everything that would be able to disperse it might be beneficial in some way but may also backfire. It is true that in wow it works and it works well… but wow has 2 faction system that promotes faction pride and interfactional hate. Here we have OS which is empty… every time i go there while err errs go polute borderlands and eotm

Inspections are also something seen in wow. well… i’m not sure about this one. since this game has, in my opinion better wardrobe system you can find gear you like in wardrobe tab. I’m not sure tho… maybe it would not hurt…. just maybe.

Mounts… not really… abolish waypoints, then maybe, at least that’s what i believe. You can transport quickly everywhere. With motorbikes and stuff you seem to be once again refering to wow. There you can only heartstone to certain places with cd so mounts do have sense… here I’m not sure. Imagine then in wvw… would be strange. In pvp ? would be strange too. In wow pvp where you have 10 to xy ppl and bigger maps they may work but here idk. PVE maybe, but would still be kind of pointless with waypoints.

edit

No to Inspections: As I said, GW2 isn’t other games. It’s meant to have been designed as a community friendly game. Raids being introduced has already caused some sense of division. Gear inspection where someone gets kicked for have 10 less power than what someone is “supposed” to have will increase division. It also should never be forced.

Gw is saltfest. Zerk and meta are present in dungeons already, not sure if in Raids. In wow there is lot’s of qq about insane gear requirements for raids, kicking and raging so in that aspect you are true. Even dungeons got affected but there is also plague of heirlooms going on. But I’m not sure… I have already seen stuff you mention, even without inspections. not sure if it will get worse with introduction of that, it’s highly possible though that it will.

(edited by Wizigard.4760)

Posted by: Frenchtoastersticks.8061

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

I love the idea of inspections ONLY for skins. even if you’re mutual friends I think it should stay skins only, and including dyes would be awesome. someone suggested mutual friends be able to see stats but honestly I can see raiders/fractals saying things like “you need to friend me or you can’t join” and if youre mutual friends…i think youd get along well enough to just link your gear (i would hope).

Another reason to have it, is if it gave you a window similar to the dyes window we see ourselves, it would be a lot easier to see other peoples outfits overall since right now when a friend tells me “hey i made a new outfit what do you think” its annoyingly difficult to move the screen around enough to actually get a good look sometimes.

if anyone can explain how what is effectively a fashion show can be used to grief, please do let me know.

as for dueling, there’s so many other places dedicated to pvp. my guild does dueling tournaments once a week and all we have to do is go an empty pvp room so i cant really see a reason to bother with adding it to pve.

and mounts, we already have little broom toys and flying carpets. but thats a toy not a mount. In my opinion a mount would make you move faster to get you from point A to point B which I love doing in other games, but those games also have very sparse “waypoint” options so while they could be nice in a few circumstances (new characters trying to get to a map very far away when you havent discovered any) I dont really think they fit into this game or are particularly necessary.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Duelling, thats what WvW and PvP is for.
Gear Checking is pretty much a funeral for any game.
And the third suggestion comes dangerously close to the territory of mounts whose horse is about as necrotic as the lich by now.

In the universe of GW(2) there are only a few types of mounts I would approve of: Junundu Wurms.. oh look at that, it’s only one mount I would approve of

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

And the third suggestion comes dangerously close to the territory of mounts whose horse is about as necrotic as the lich by now.

In the universe of GW(2) there are only a few types of mounts I would approve of: Junundu Wurms.. oh look at that, it’s only one mount I would approve of

What you don’t like
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Siege_Devourer_ ?

LSD.4673

Pros for inspect:
Cons:
GRRR ELITISTS!!!!

I love how you elaborate on what you think is good, and just sum up the cons with a silly line without explaining it.

I’m unsure as to how inspecting would let you “show off” much more then the current visual skins do. It’s not like ascended armor and weapons is hard to get, and the stat bonus of legendaries literally doesn’t exist. So what you are showing off is your look, inspect or not that won’t change much.

As for letting people know what gear they “should” be going for… Why would you assume that random inspected player is what you “should” do? Further for most aspects of this game there really isn’t a need for one specific play or build style. That’s one thing people love. The main issue with an inspect function is when it is used to see someones gear and say "thats NOT what you “should” be going for" KICK.

Back on topic 100% to two out of three suggestions… They have been suggested befor, please just let the horse RIP.

Extra toys like the carpet, I don’t really see any harm, except development effort being used on something rarely used vs something that might actually improve the game experience for the majority of players. Except the hoverboard idea… or a dragon carpet thing that looked like Aurene….

Summed up as GRRR ELITISTS!!! then.
“Why would you assume that random inspected player is what you “should” do?"
Probably by comparing it to what you have already. I know it sounds complicated, but it’s actually really simple.

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

Inspection would be a disaster in WvW, two groups fighting each other, you are able to get an idea without trying to observe how they fight who is carrying the team and who is an easy target. PvE, wouldn’t be as bad but there would be the elitists who would check anyone who joins their group.

As for Duelling. I’d say WvW and PvP are for fighting other players. If I’m doing PvE I’m usually in a mood not for fighting other players. I want to do the personal story of one of my characters, world bosses or maybe just exploring for map completion. Then it pops up, “Bercilak wants to duel.” A lot of people would probably feel obliged.
Then comes to the reason I picked Bercilak a the name in the example. I’m sure people like the NPC by that name would appear in the starting areas, Queensdale, Caledon Forest, Wayfarer Foothills, Plains of Ashford and Metrica Province , wearing their full set of ascended gear, carrying legendary or ascended weapons, challenging every new player to duel. Would be funny if they forget to check AP, player says, “Okay, I’ll fight you, just let me change character.” Then changes to one that is a match or better. But it would be bad for new players, the Bercilaks of Tyria who want to hammer them would challenge and maybe make them feel like a coward if they refuse. Either way it would give them a bad first impression.

LSD.4673

What MMO even has inspection of the opposing team? This is a non-issue, because A) the solution is simple (don’t add it for opposing teams) and who the hell is going to sit there in WvW right-clicking and waiting for the awful wardrobe to load, checking each piece of equipment before the attack?

“Woah, hold up the zerg, let’s see what these guys are packing first”

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Summed up as GRRR ELITISTS!!! then.
“Why would you assume that random inspected player is what you “should” do?"
Probably by comparing it to what you have already. I know it sounds complicated, but it’s actually really simple.

I didn’t say that the issue with inspecting wasn’t elitist abuse, I simply said that if you are going to elaborate and explain what you feel are pros, you should give the same attention to cons.

So you would run up to every player and compare their inspected gear to yours to know that it’s what you “should” be wearing? LOL that doesn’t sound complicated at all, it sounds just plain silly.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

None of them use them for griefing, hah! First, you can’t claim that you know what all of the players in all of the MMOs do or do not do. Second, I have played almost every single Western AAA MMO and I can say for certain that those who have inspection use it against other players. Even players of LotRO which would seem to be a very calm and nice MMO use inspection against other players.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

What you don’t like
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Siege_Devourer_ ?

oh right, forgot about those. Those are fine, too

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Duels: How I would think these could work would be, you can invite someone to a duel. You can only invite someone to a dual in a racial city. If they accept, you will be transport to a small arena in the mists and duel. After the duel you would be transported to the city you was in. If they decline the duel, you can’t send them another invite for at least 5 minutes to prevent spam. You would also have a option to auto decline invites to duels in the options menu and they wouldn’t even pop up.

They already have this in other games and the places outside the city become cesspools of EP and language. We already have PvP, go there to beat on other characters.

Skin Inspections/Preview: You can’t see the stats, only the name of the skin of the armor/weapon/costume that person is wearing currently.

Someone will figure out how to datamine. In any case, it will only open the door to showing more information. Its not necessary, I vote no.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Inspections breath elitism like they have in every single MMO they’ve been in they also reinforce the neckdecking mentality of minmaxing instead of personal choice this game has suffered enough at elitism.

No map in these game needs vehicles/mounts more than desert borderlands but the outrage did its job and we got Alpine back.

Game desperately needed duels but it won’t happen this game isn’t balanced for 1v1 and forcing people to pay for private pvp maps for 1v1 is there plan.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Personally I’d like to see the Bane put to use as an arena. There’s plenty of other fighting pits in the overworld too, particularly in charr lands.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Just make a flag where you can block inspection. I would gladly have this feature then. In Aion you could block inspection, that easy.

Mounts: yes of course.

Duelling: I don’t like PvP and duelling in WoW was not my cup of coffee, but it would be a nice addition and not much work (well if you ignore balancing). Skills/traits could swap to PvP mode if they decide to – finally – separate those two.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

No.
No.
No.

This dead horse has been beat to a pulp in many other threads, please let it rest in peace.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Just make a flag where you can block inspection. I would gladly have this feature then. In Aion you could block inspection, that easy.

Mounts: yes of course.

Duelling: I don’t like PvP and duelling in WoW was not my cup of coffee, but it would be a nice addition and not much work (well if you ignore balancing). Skills/traits could swap to PvP mode if they decide to – finally – separate those two.

Yea but then we have these people, -Yo why are you blocking inspections? unflag it or kick.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe dueling arenas in the mists. You have to leave PvE/sPvP/WvW and go to the dueling arena. It could have a small lobby you arrive in and an instanced arena where one person enters and any party members gets a message asking them if they want to join (like the Home instance and how it handles groups of people). They can duel in there using their PvE/WvW build and not be bothering anyone.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Inspections would absolutely kill what little build diversity we still have. Any pug who raids or does fractals will be inspected and rejected if they are too far from the “perfect” build. It would not be such a big problem if we could switch builds as easily as in GW1 but in GW2 it is harder and more expensive to maintain multiple builds for one toon.

And open world duelling just causes lots of chat abuse as players complain about the unfairness and/or insult each others’ moms.

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

why are all of you shooting down inspections. all the OP wants is to view another players SKINS without having to whisper and hope they are nice enough to link their gear.

inspections for skins NOT gear is not going to break the game. it is fashionwars afterall.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Open world PvP will never happen. PvE is just not set up for it, ANet have said as much.
Inspection tool would be nice if it showed skins only not gear level. I’m sure ANet will add some more gem store “mounts” at some point. Not that I’ve seen many people on them at all.

But yeah, these things have about as much chance of us getting capes and race change. Both of which ANet have said are never going to happen.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

why are all of you shooting down inspections. all the OP wants is to view another players SKINS without having to whisper and hope they are nice enough to link their gear.

inspections for skins NOT gear is not going to break the game. it is fashionwars afterall.

This is how I interpreted it. Let it show just skins, kind of like pinging a Legendary doesn’t show stats.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Seera.5916

He didn’t specify that it was just for skins. He just said inspections and that he’d use it for skins.

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

He didn’t specify that it was just for skins. He just said inspections and that he’d use it for skins.

“Inspections would be really useful because a lot of times I see someone with some amazing gear and I think “Ooh what is that”, but usually when I whipser them to ask they ignore me :/ Inspections please!”

the lack of stating he wants to see gear is effectively the same as specifying just for skins. which means that all people screaming “INSPECTIONS ARE GAME BREAKING” are completely overlooking what OP’s suggestion actually was. Inspecting stats was not suggested. inspecting skins was suggested. This doesn’t mean OP might not enjoy that feature, but it isnt what they explicitly suggested.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

1 Open World Duels are dumb. If you’re truly skilled go to sPvP where stats/skills/traits are all accessible and fair for everyone. Also I’m not interested in people spamming duel invite on me while I’m trying to explore and have a good time in PvE. Keep that toxic kitten out of GW2

2 Gear Inspections are BAD! It does not encourage new players how to be creative and make their own build. Instead it teaches them to copy other people and does the opposite of encouraging the idea of build diversity. The new Trait system already messed this up, but you can still make your own build. We need to encourage build diversity not discourage it.

3 Vehicals are alright as long as it does NOT give movement boost, and if it does add movement boost then it should only be allowed if it’s part of the Story instance.

(edited by DreamyAbaddon.3265)

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

1) I hated duels because there is always that one guy who will spam it on you endlessly until you except. Doesn’t matter if you are low level or have better gear, the person won’t leave you alone.

2) Gear Inspections tend to create a lot of elitism. Most play the game for fun, others are serious about it. So far GW 2 has been pretty chill with everyone working together with map events. You introduce gear inspection then folks are going to harass those with lesser gear, telling them to leave. It will split the community and that is something that should not happen.

3) Vehicles I am indifferent about. If they function like the magic carpet and broom, then everyone is happy. The moment they go faster than walking, people will get upset. Remember ANet has a big stance on not giving us Mounts. Heck they went out of their way to explain a mob in HOT wasn’t a mount.

Seera.5916

“Inspections would be really useful because a lot of times I see someone with some amazing gear and I think “Ooh what is that”, but usually when I whipser them to ask they ignore me :/ Inspections please!”

the lack of stating he wants to see gear is effectively the same as specifying just for skins. which means that all people screaming “INSPECTIONS ARE GAME BREAKING” are completely overlooking what OP’s suggestion actually was. Inspecting stats was not suggested. inspecting skins was suggested. This doesn’t mean OP might not enjoy that feature, but it isnt what they explicitly suggested.

But at the same time, he didn’t specify that so you can’t get on others for commenting on the other half of what inspection could do.

I would say that since he didn’t explicitly state that he would want skin only inspections, that it includes stats. Because stats included is the norm for inspections, is it not? So I would assume that if not explicitly stated as skin-only, that the inspection tool wanted would be skin & stat.