Dulfy Banned for RMT Activities!?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stormphoenix.4608

Stormphoenix.4608

Thread on Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/138h4w/account_terminated_for_gold_selling/

As most of you probably know, Dulfy has been an incredible asset to the community, and receives gifts regularly in game for her amazing guides. To ban her a few days before Lost Shores so that she misses it all is quite frankly disgusting.

Your ban sweep criteria is hurting your playerbase more than the bots. Sort it out please.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So, just because she is famous she should be immune to the rules?

Better to ban people and if it is a false positive remove the ban than completely ignore than not ban anyone at all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Stormphoenix.4608

No, but its ludicrous to think that she is a gold seller / buyer. It proves that their system is picking up too many false positives. Plus we all like her guides, and she can’t exactly do them if shes banned :/

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

If she/he was buying gold, then she or he deserved the ban. No leniency or exceptions should be given for any reason. But at the same time if there is some doubt it should be investigated. But only IF there is doubt, if the evidence is conclusive, ANet has better things to do than cater to a bunch of pandering streamer fans.

And honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true, ever notice how these streamers tend to pick up items and get gold so much quicker than everyone else without playing any more? Not proof but certainly reason to be suspicious.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

lordkrall.7241

No, but its ludicrous to think that she is a gold seller / buyer. It proves that their system is picking up too many false positives. Plus we all like her guides, and she can’t exactly do them if shes banned :/

The same could be said about every single one ever condemned for a crime.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

So, just because she is famous she should be immune to the rules?

Better to ban people and if it is a false positive remove the ban than completely ignore than not ban anyone at all.

Not immune to the rules. But she certainly isn’t a gold seller.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

lordkrall.7241

Not immune to the rules. But she certainly isn’t a gold seller.

We do not know that however, so why assume she is innocent? (And if she is she will simply get her account reinstated)

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: AW Lore.5682

AW Lore.5682

it was the same with gw1, people cried about anet “not doing anything about the bots” that plagued the game, then when they started banning the bots, they also got false positives, then people where crying about how “inocent players are getting banned left and right” and how they should stop

there is no clear win here, but i am also on the side that its better to have false positives than it is to not have anything be done at all, if she misses the event start, i am very sorry for her, but she will get her account back

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

What’s the point of posting this? This is between her and Anet. Picking sides won’t do anything to help her, let alone the other “non famous” players who were innocently banned.

Stormphoenix.4608

Its to point out their bans hurt the community. The fact she is high profile hopefully will make AN take a better look at their banning algorithms. Plus, lets face it, you’d ALL be screaming if you got banned just before the event unjustly.

lordkrall.7241

Its to point out their bans hurt the community. The fact she is high profile hopefully will make AN take a better look at their banning algorithms. Plus, lets face it, you’d ALL be screaming if you got banned just before the event unjustly.

And it hurts the community less to have gold-sellers and bots destroying the economy?

No, the fact that she is high profile should not effect AT ALL.

And no, speak for yourself.
Sure I would be a bit annoyed but I would rather see me wrongly banned for a few days and miss an event than having bots and gold-sellers run around free without ArenaNet doing anything.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I would be screaming. In mail. On the forums, no one would care, because I am not a Celebrity. So no, I would not go vomiting my complaints on the forum, unless they took too long to respond to my email.

And let’s face it: the only reason you are upset is because she is high profile. If I was banned, you would probably not care. You would probably say the same: “I would rather have a strict algorithm with a few false positives, than a huge bot/gold seller problem”.

Posted by: ammiestar.9546

ammiestar.9546

Really sorry to hear this….. Dulfy’s site is a great asset to the game, gives an added dimension and is appreciated by many players …….. Sort it out Anet it benefits you too!!!

Stormphoenix.4608

I’m not upset. I just think it’s a bit unfair, as the only people who should be missing the event are gold sellers / hackers. Not legit players. Also you might be underestimating the number of people who use her site daily. That content drying up does hurt the community, whichever way you look at it.

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

it was the same with gw1, people cried about anet “not doing anything about the bots” that plagued the game, then when they started banning the bots, they also got false positives, then people where crying about how “inocent players are getting banned left and right” and how they should stop

there is no clear win here, but i am also on the side that its better to have false positives than it is to not have anything be done at all, if she misses the event start, i am very sorry for her, but she will get her account back

Here is a crazy idea how about rather than relying on algorithms that can target innocent players, how about actually having an employed human check into the bot reports?

How man servers are there in the game?

It wouldn’t need that many people.

lordkrall.7241

Here is a crazy idea how about rather than relying on algorithms that can target innocent players, how about actually having an employed human check into the bot reports?

Bots != gold sellers.

Bots ARE examined by real people before bans.
The gold-selling filter however probably works around the amount of gold mailed or gotten via mail during a short amount of time.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

I would be screaming. In mail. On the forums, no one would care, because I am not a Celebrity. So no, I would not go vomiting my complaints on the forum, unless they took too long to respond to my email.

And let’s face it: the only reason you are upset is because she is high profile. If I was banned, you would probably not care. You would probably say the same: “I would rather have a strict algorithm with a few false positives, than a huge bot/gold seller problem”.

Actually I had a guildy get the banned for botting they opened a ticket then opened a thread under account issues with the ticket number included and got their account back in less than 24 hours. So it might not hurt to say something on the forums.

Cactus Brawler.7415

Bots != gold sellers.

Bots ARE examined by real people before bans.
The gold-selling filter however probably works around the amount of gold mailed or gotten via mail during a short amount of time.

And where is the gold going to come from, with no bots?

Posted by: sertius.2709

sertius.2709

This is very concerning. I want to see Botters, Godlsellers.buyers, hackers, etc. removed from the game but what has happened to Dulfy begs the question as to how Anet is addressing this issue. I play with friends and we will frequently transfer items and gold between us. How likely are we to find ourselves innocent victims? Anet should invest in people to investigate and then take appropriate action!

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Thread on Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/138h4w/account_terminated_for_gold_selling/

As most of you probably know, Dulfy has been an incredible asset to the community, and receives gifts regularly in game for her amazing guides. To ban her a few days before Lost Shores so that she misses it all is quite frankly disgusting.

Your ban sweep criteria is hurting your playerbase more than the bots. Sort it out please.

She received gifts ingame? How much we bet someone bought gold and had it delivered to her directly? :p

Cactus Brawler.7415

Problems with the algorithm.

Some one arranges a sPVP tournament with a gold prize, Winner gets banned.

Guild organizes a costume contest/beauty pageant, whoever collected the gold for the prize money, gets banned, as does the contest winner.

Craft stuff for your guild, only asking for the money for store bought components (especially cooking)? well enjoy your ban.

lordkrall.7241

People seems to think that the system reacts to small amount of currency.

It this case she clearly states that it was several gold she had gotten via mail.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

Why are you all asuming the individual isn’t guilty? Just because she writes about GW2 doesn’t mean anything.

This is an issue for ArenaNet, not a public forum.

Posted by: lexdead.7610

lexdead.7610

I dont think anyone can get banned if there is not enough evidence, else it will be resolved through support system. Or you really think Anet are some kind of monsters that want to ban legit players to hurt them or something? lol No need for emotions here.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I cannot find proof that the accusation made by ANet is wrong, what’s the evidence? Or is Dulfy automatically considered innocent just because she’s kind of famous? ANet sees the ways and amounts in which gold is moved between accounts.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Cactus Brawler.7415

I dont think anyone can get banned if there is not enough evidence, else it will be resolved through support system. Or you really think Anet are some kind of monsters that want to ban legit players to hurt them or something? lol No need for emotions here.

It should never get to the point where it has to be resolved through support.

An innocent should never lose their access to the game they’ve paid for due to laziness on the part of developers.

Posted by: Murdernickle.7590

Murdernickle.7590

I don’t know about that.. I received over 100g in donations when my guild was collecting for a commander book and planning a large community based halloween event.

I got over 50g in one day so it’s possible that something is wrong here. I’m not going to get into the politics of it, but hopefully it’ll be handled by Anet

Maguuma | Ione Nightshade: Thief | Ione Oleander: Warrior | Ione Cheval: Mesmer

Cactus Brawler.7415

I don’t know about that.. I received over 100g in donations when my guild was collecting for a commander book and planning a large community based halloween event.

I got over 50g in one day so it’s possible that something is wrong here. I’m not going to get into the politics of it, but hopefully it’ll be handled by Anet

I’d pre-write my ticket if I were you mate.

You know just to save time.

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

I cannot find proof that the accusation made by ANet is wrong, what’s the evidence? Or is Dulfy automatically considered innocent just because she’s kind of famous? ANet sees the ways and amounts in which gold is moved between accounts.

I don’t know if you ever look at the account forum but there have been quite a few bans issued for both botting and RMT’s that were indeed false positives and the accounts were then restored. My point is that there is a decent chance that this is another false positive.

Posted by: lexdead.7610

lexdead.7610

It should never get to the point where it has to be resolved through support.

An innocent should never lose their access to the game they’ve paid for due to laziness on the part of developers.

No one says it should. But bad things happens, you know

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

As already stated by some users, the forums are not the best place to post information or links like this one. It is indeed unfortunate that Dulfy has been banned but this is a personal issue that she, and no one else, needs to clarify with Customer Support. Rest assured that at the moment they are working hard to restore the accounts of players that were not botting whatsoever.

We proceed to lock the thread.
Thank you very much for your understanding.