Dumb reasons why you can't play a class/race

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Thief class: Stealth is severely broken ( in WvW ) I dont want to roll one myself and become another kittenbag stealthing.

Dumb reason enough?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I hate playing norn because they look so ponderous and ungainly, galumphing all over.

I don’t like any of the racial storylines, add they all seem to me to be be blatant caricatures of concepts turned into people. Every race has its binary schisms that, to me, are so amateurishly simpleminded that I can’t take any of them seriously in a literary context.

Lore-wise, Gw1 was like Game of Thrones compared to GW2 feeling more like Barbie and Friends’ Magic Kingdom.

I bet we all wind up having a big old hug in the end, because sharing is caring, love always wins and good always triumphs over evil.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Stopped rea ding at engi having low damage. Laughed myself a good one

Maybe you should read more. I clarified I meant sub 80 without any traits.

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Can’t play Charr characters. I find them way too ugly / hunchback. Also not a massive Norn fan, they always seem to just look like fat humans, especially when they play non melee classes. In fact I also hate seeing Norn players because they make my human feel like a midget.

In terms of classes, I find thieves rather dull (might surprise a lot of people). Maybe its just because I’m sick of fighting perm stealth thieves and I have no desire to adopt the play style myself either.

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Posted by: AlexVv.3965

AlexVv.3965

Races——
Sylvari: A little excessive bias in botany, in principle, not so bad, but there is no desire to have such a character. Movement and gait male is feminine.

Asura: I do not understand, that the “South Park” here does. Serious people gathered to solve serious matters with dragons, zombies and all that… and then these balls. Cognitive dissonance. And they face some scary. It is better to have a mini.
—————————————————————————————————————-

Classes——

Mesmer: Pink. Butterfly – flowers. Again, I do not understand what he was doing in the war with this entourage.

Engineer: Or plumber – or rocket launcher, flamethrower. That is, the various professions in my opinion And when all together, it was some absurd.

Thief: Generally, all cool and stylish. But it’s not my. Never in any MMO has not played this class. Somehow not quite honestly, in my opinion, a stealth approach from the back to the opponent and just to kill him… not epic, not a gentleman

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I can play all classes and all races (and do). But the ones I have the greatest problem with are the elementalist, because of a lack of weapon swap (even after 2 years I suck at ground targeting) and the males of the Norn race, because of those huge necks…

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Just human male. previously norn male too, but i’m adjusting (norn ranger sword chain looks awful though, esp after male sylvari)

There’s just something… neh about human males. Can’t put my finger on it.
Human females also have weird small feet but that didn’t stop me making my mesmer one.
Charr females voices are just soo wrong for them. Clear enunciation? no growl? (my personal beef) Sounding freaked out whenever they get a condition applied to them? It’s just all wrong. I play my warrior with voices turned off.

Asura are just so perfect. Sylvari i love for how wondrously naive they sound about everything.

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

Race:
Norn- You have forms but as severely limited elite skills which makes them essentially large humans. Waste of a race.

Profession:
Ranger- I cannot multiclass into necro and touch people. I cannot make an entire build around setting traps and throwing dirt at people.

Necromancer- You can only have like 3 or 4 minions at a time, I want to command an undead army, not 2 dead frogs and a worm.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if i nit-pick i would never be able to play at all, all races only have one voice choice so even if you make a second human you are still stuck with the exact same voice.
i ones wanted to make a 17 year old girl that is extremely intelligent and being an engineer she invents all kind of things, sadly all we have is a 30 year old voice and that just screws up everything.

another thing is that voice actors in this game are clearly not professional, they all sound like they are reading a story from a piece of paper.
i don’t want my character to read a piece of paper, i want her to actually say something she would say.

the only race i just can’t play is the charr, i really tried but i never wanted to play the warrior kind of charr when GW2 was announced, i wanted to play the upright charr so i could be a caster.
allas, they only care for the warrior class, casters have to look as dumb as warriors in GW2.

anyway, i can’t nit-pick to much or this game would be unplayable, i am to much a perfectionist and when i have made a lore for a certain character i want him/her to be him/her the way i designed the lore behind him/her.
may it be a young gild, an old wizard or a dominant caster, the character needs to be perfect and that also means the voice.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

In contrast to the OP as well, I have some dumb reasons why I play a certain way (rather than not play a class/race). My human guardian uses sword/shield with 2/4/4/2/2 solely for cosmetics, my norn guardian runs 0/0/6/6/2 solely for cosmetics, my mesmer mains staff (even in PvE) for cosmetics…

I let cosmetics basically dictate whether or not I play something. That, and I have fun with a lot of stuff. I’ve got a fulfilling life, really, my guardian build might be trash but anyone who gets their panties in a twist over it is even worse.

Posted by: knives.6132

knives.6132

Race:

Char – I don’t like the way they look. I just simply don’t.

Male Norn – Always reminds me of Johnny Bravo. Not that I hate Johnny Bravo, but having a toon that forgot/skips leg day, nah.

Class:

Engineer – IDK how to play this thing. Seriously. I find none of the skills enjoyable. I thought leveling my Mesmer/Ele is a chore, then I tried Engi. WOW.

Necro – I was expecting a different Minion – you know, the more “scary” ones, like on, well, don’t think I can say the game but it starts with D.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Humans: too boring and every single ele or mesmer has t3 armor with wings of dwaina and a hair with flower on it. Bifrost optional. Allmost every human female is a copy/paste with big tatas and males are pretty boys also copy/pasted.

Asura: tiny and every time they jump i have feeling they will fall face first and plant themselves there or fly away like the helicopter with all that arm flailing. I tryed to make asura guardian, i deleted it at lvl 36.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Human: I’m human IRL, so if there’s a choice of non-human races in a game I will almost certainly prefer those. Also I hate character creation for humans, because I’m never happy with the result.

Norn: Just a big, fat human.

Charr: I don’t like the design – all bulky with hunchbacks and I don’t like most of the animations.

Necro: “Disgusting” theme, I hate all that kind of undead fantasy nonsense and will never play this kind of thing in any game.

Engi: I don’t like how they work.

Guardian: Ugly visual effects with giant cheesy floating shields among other things (I have played one, but deleted the character a long time ago). I like the mechanics, but not enough.

Warrior: Boring. Only fun skills are physical skills (like Kick), and they are useless when it comes to fighting any skilled player.

Posted by: NekoLen.9753

NekoLen.9753

OK thought I’d join in because this thread is so entertaining.

Human: Boring. I am human. Why would I want to play as a human in a video game where there are 4 other non-human choices? I tried human several times. Found their personal stories boring, their cultural armour boring. Just everything about them is boring. XD

Norn: Well, they are just huge humans. I only seem to make dudes (I hate the skimpy clothing on females) and norn dudes are not appealing at all. No options for more skinny frame and they are always hairy >.< Also the run animation bothers me.

Charr: I love charr to bits, but I find it really hard to keep my male charr. They are just so ugly and it is really really hard to make a good looking male charr. I managed a few times, but even then something about them bothers me. I suppose it is basically impossible to make them look good in anything. I finally managed to make my mesmer look good in some transmuted stuff.

Asura: I should love you. I really should. You are cute and little and flail around when you jump and it is just so adorable. But it’s your personalities I just can not stand. That and I hate maths with a passion and their whole culture is basically built around it. Maybe if they were less “high and mighty” about their intelligence and actually spoke a language I understand, I’d get into them.

(I am a salad lover. Have 15 or so of them and love them all. IMO they have the most diverse options of looks due to them having any colour “bark” or “headleaves”. But I don’t like how male sylvari run with greatswords, and how their animations are nearly exactly cloned from humans.)

Classes… I have every single one and don’t seem to have a preference or hate of any. I suppose I could say I find Thief my least enjoyable, mostly because of the whole spamming ability thing. It’s hard to play thief after awhile of not playing it for me.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

The race I dislike the most is sadly the norn. I love their culture and concept, but they look way too butch and in many cases completely overweight. This is a bit ironic since my original main who completed the world map and stuff is indeed a norn. The norn are fine as they are imo, but I think my own personal taste in appearance has changed over the past years lol.

The classes I can’t bring myself to play are ranger and engineer.

Ranger: I hate medium armor. In previous games that I’ve played I used to love nothing more than being a god with a bow, but GW2 brought something that killed that for me: pets. I hate the idea of relying on AI as part of my DPS/survival, especially since I am a pet person neither in game nor in the real world. The first thing I looked for in the game regarding rangers was a way to completely disable the pets, which is sadly neither possible nor feasible as they unfortunately play a large role in the class.

Engineer: Once again, I hate medium armor. I also really dislike using a class that uses guns and other advanced technology in a fantasy game. This is obviously just personal taste, and I’m totally fine with other players/NPCs using guns as long as I don’t have to. I admit engineers can be absolutely amazing opponents when mastered in a PvP environment, and would definitely make one if I weren’t so stubborn. Ironically, the only legendary weapon I’ve crafted is the Predator, which I made simply because I’m a big sci-fi fan who loves laser guns. I never use it, but I will never regret making it <3

These are all just my personal opinions and what I consider to be dumb reasons for not playing these lol.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

This might help some folks choose the right race…

http://www.starfleetdental.com/GW2/Info/infographfull.jpg

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

This might help some folks choose the right race…

http://www.starfleetdental.com/GW2/Info/infographfull.jpg

thats genius, had quite a laugh cause its so kittening true (cept maybe the asura, i atleast dont see em that way)

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

At least throughout the Guild Wars series, you could (and still can) play any combination of class and race that you want.

I’ve always liked playing as a male human ranger in just about every fantasy-based game I’ve ever played, yet until WoW’s Cataclysm expansion six years into the game’s existence, humans weren’t allowed to be hunters (WoW’s equivalent of rangers).

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

At least throughout the Guild Wars series, you could (and still can) play any combination of class and race that you want.

I’ve always liked playing as a male human ranger in just about every fantasy-based game I’ve ever played, yet until WoW’s Cataclysm expansion six years into the game’s existence, humans weren’t allowed to be hunters (WoW’s equivalent of rangers).

I could be misunderstanding you, but in GW1 you could only play human as a race. No other options.

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

Sylvari, I prefered the Elfish look we were originally shown, the tree people imo are terrible.

Charr, I can’t find something that looks nice.

Norn, the female voices scare me a lot.

Necromancers don’t do damage. Well I know they can do, but every time I play it I just think “If I was on my [insert other class] this mob would be dead”

Engineers.. same as necro reallly… ;v

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Hate doing the Asura quests – they are such pretentious knobs. Half the time I want to swat one or more of them across the screen.

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

I could be misunderstanding you, but in GW1 you could only play human as a race. No other options.

Oops, you’re right. It’s been such a long time since I’ve played GW1 that I’d forgotten about that.

Nonetheless, my main point there was in the second paragraph.

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Humans- Don’t like the voice, other than that nothing really.

Charr – Most of the armors look…well…you know…not so good.

Asura – I like them, I just don’t want one.

Norn – Male is a pure hulk-type brute that’s why, Females are well created I think.

Sylvari – Male pose horrible.

Warrior – I’ve played warrior in GW1 too, I’m tired of it.

Necromancer – Too much single target, yeah I can spread condis, but that’s not the same.

Basically every other class – Some are fun and good, but kinda feel generic to me and I don’t feel they worth repeating the game nor the game’s worth repeating at all. I want something unique like Ritu or Dervish was in GW1, I enjoyed them because they were I liked their themes behind them. Until then I’ll stick to my warrior.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

My favorite races are Human, Norns and Sylvari.

Human- because of Ascalon and Ebonhawke and stuff stories like that really makes me intrested,
Their armors, Ascalon and Ebonhawke weapons are my favorite sets and I am trying to coy Ascalonian ghosts and Ebonhawke soldiers into my own since I just LOVE them!!!
Same with White Mantle and Shining Blade.. and others aswell.

Norns- I’ve always wanted to play as a Norn since GW, I really like their "nornish armors and style. Aswell their story.

Sylvari- Overall I love Elves, and first I made up my mind that I would never create a Salad Flower, Alien or a kitty kat. But hey! I just LOVE Sylvaris now, specially Nightmare Court, loks so kitten!!! As I am trying to copy those NPCs and make into my own;)
Same as for Norns, I just love their cultural armor and weapons aswell their story.

Charr- Meh... I still dislike them for what they have done to Ascalonian and Ebonhawke people... only got three Charrs and ya...

Asura- Although these are very cute and funny, I haven’t been playing with my three Asuran characters for years! They are special.... but I am still starting to like them to play as. Inquest are cool btw;)
60% of my characters are humans, 20% Norns, 15% Sylvari and the remaning 5% are Charr and Asura characters, which I barely play.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Tachigami.1742

Tachigami.1742

I always have stupid reasons for disliking things!

Humans |=| Boring, to me, plain and simple. Of my twelve or so characters, one is human. Their story bores me, their concepts are based too close to real humans despite the origins of their wars and conflicts, which also reminds me of reality, and some of their faces look either flat or too squared off. Besides, being human myself (shocking I know), playing as one just doesn’t do it for me. I want to feel other cultures that would be alien to me otherwise, not just Medieval-style world with fantasy-based enemies on the other side of a war.

Norn |=| Also boring. They’re big, they’re furry, they remind me of bears (not the animals, Google if necessary), and they feel clunky. I know they run the same pace as the other races but their animation makes it look slow and silly. Their ‘Great Hunt’ is pretty much a rodeo, trapping an animal and killing it with no real ‘hunting’ involved. They’re basically big drunk frat boys and I’ve never liked that, really. Their spirituality is really nice, I do enjoy that, but it’s overshadowed by the rest, in my eyes. Also, cold. Too cold. Their world is practically frozen, and it makes me feel cold when characters in light armor run around in ten feet of snow.

Asura |=| Their personal stories tire me. I’d rather speed through them so I can get it over with. I do try to understand the deeper concepts behind their works and writing with Asura can be so difficult. I also hate one ear style, because it looks weird to me, for some reason… Their little claw hands/feet are slightly unnerving and don’t even get me started on their teeth. I call them “sharkrats” for a reason.

Sylvari |=| Their idle animation just screams ‘socially awkward in every situation’. Nervously rubbing their head, or looking around and up with a far-off expression, it bugs me. That, and their sleep/sit/kneel emotes are identical to humans, I feel like they should be at least SLIGHTLY different, regardless of whether they have the same body type/look. The mushroom cap head reminds me of a… … well considering they replace ‘swears’ with different words I’m going to say ‘personal device’, and looks bad to me, overall. And I hate the fact that you’re forced to take up the role of Dreamer in the story, at least continuously. It’d be nice to see things from a Nightmare point of view, because personally, I feel like they both have good reasons for each side’s existence.

Charr |=| Giant cats. I love cats. I don’t love Charr. Maybe because they’re war-obsessed, maybe because they’re brash and can be massive kittens, maybe because they have horns. I can’t play male Charr because it looks so bad to me, and the females look much better, giving you a chance to do more with their look and give better armor a better platform. I also HATE the Black Citadel. I get lost ten times over trying to map that place and forget Plains of Ashford and the Plateau, I hate them for reasons I can’t even understand myself. Maybe because the ghosts are ridiculously prominent and I hate having to fight them off when they cripple me and I can’t outrun them.

So those are my reasons. Some stupid, some not~

(edited by Tachigami.1742)

Posted by: NekoLen.9753

NekoLen.9753

Oh also, don’t get me started on the male makeover kit hair for charr. Everytime I see “Goku” hair on a charr, I want to punch a baby.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Norn – females too bulky and too big. creeps me out.
Charr – I don’t like beast races and fur. Also their running animation creates the illusion of them walking slower than other races.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

Allergic to cats – Charr
Afraid of Heights – Norn
Hayfever – Sylvari

Clumsy – Don’t want to fall on my sword, axe, dagger, stick an arrow in my foot or blow my toe off with my gun or become a pile of ash in a fireball for that matter.
Short term memory loss – Where did i put my greatsword again? Klaatu Verata Nic cough cough!

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

(edited by joneb.5679)

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

• Tengu- ANet didn’t implemented it yet.
  • Skritt- ANet didn’t implemented it yet.
  • Kodan- ANet didn’t implemented it yet.
  • Dervish- ANet didn’t implemented it yet.
  • Ritualist- ANet didn’t implemented it yet.
  • Centuar- ANet didn’t implemented it yet.
  • Hylek- ANet didn’t implemented it yet.
5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Norn – I’m more one for elegance in combat and don’t really like their culture as a whole. Basically human except thicker-skulled.
Charr – They’re kind of weird and not exactly likable. Not really a beast-race person either.
Asura – Ew. They look gross, are too small, and have serious superiority complexes. I actually kind of hoped while playing this past LS we’d see a resurgence of a civil war so I can kill some more of those rats.
Sylvari – Lettuce. And so far pretty much every major salad-person in the story of GW2 has turned out to be kind of an kitten. Especially Trahearne. &%$# Trahearne.

Also, I import a lot of my characters from DnD groups, subsequently often needing to make my characters human or based on the half-human races, where obviously the rest don’t work.

Classes? I have/play everything except an engineer. After trying it, too freakin’ easy and facerolly and not enough diversity within the class itself. I decided to just fill the slot with another thief.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

You forgot Paragon,

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

For races? Let’s see….

Norn: Their walking animation feels way too slow for my taste

As for classes, I can think of a few:

Elementalist: not my style. They deal good damage but it wouldn’t be worth it for me if I can’t survive on my own.

Mesmer: why is their skill 1 a laser beam when it comes to their greatswords?

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

You forgot Paragon,

I also left out Assassin.

The reason I left both out is because thief is pretty much GW1’s assassin. Guardian is GW1’s Paragon.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Charr: They are the enemy. I’d love an option to join the separatists in game.

Asuran: I suppose it might be theoretically possible to have a more annoying playable race….haven’t seen it yet though.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I don’t think these are dumb reasons…. but I hate Asura.

Some people think ugly things are cute…..
….I think ugly things are ugly.

If you want to show me how “cute” your pug is, irl…. I’m going to tell you how stupid-looking and ugly it is. The same goes for Asura. They are all ugly… and somehow somewhere that ugly gets translated into “cute” inside of certain people’s brains.

They are annoying all of the time, and its on purpose.

Some players are also drawn to Asura because of their kitteny attitudes, which is outright annoying to me.
Only a 12-year old would purposely want to annoy other people all the time, and I’m sure a 12-year old’s favorite class is the Asura.

They are a race of educated idiots

A great philosopher once said that true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.
The Asura, on the other hand, parade around, attempting to establish their intelligence every chance they get… whether it be through insults or boasting.
Not to mention their experiments always have catastrophic results, which actually lead people to believe they are actually quite the opposite.

They are plagiarists
They also enjoy taking credit for things which were not the product of their own effort.
Most of the Asura’s history is “absent” for this exact reason. All of the technology their new “inventions” are based off of are not of Asura design. They were instead simply discovered by the Asura. The Asura, of course, willingly took credit, (but will never admit it) and continue to experiment and blow themselves up since they still don’t truly understand their discovery.

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Norn: The females have massive huge breasts no matter what, and it looks horrible to me. I like the idea of a huge Nordic giantess, but I don’t want to play a sexualized character. Fierce she-giant and breast implants just don’t go together. I actually do have a female norn Mesmer—but most of the armors are unusable for me because they accentuate her freakishly large breasts. Devout and Dredge are the only two chest pieces I can stomach. The males are cool, but the females are just too dumbed down for sex appeal.

Asura: I love asura culture and personality. And I love their faces. However, armor just doesn’t look good on asura bodies, and good looking armor is a big factor for me.

Posted by: RedRhino.4281

RedRhino.4281

Charr: That stupid tail! Does it ever stop moving? And what kind is it? Long as a cat’s, furry at the end like a cow’s, and wags constantly like a dog’s. It attracts all my attention because it constantly wags! Every time I’m at a vendor, I think I’m somehow excited to see him.

Asura: Cute and ugly at the same time. Superiority complex, but can’t even say the word “golem” correctly (yet alone maintain control of them.) Shark-rat, disgusting, smart-dumb species.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Charr run animation. I know they’re moving as fast as everyone else, but I can’t shake the feeling that I’m loping through molasses.

Norn obsession with glory, hunting, and drinking.

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Don’t like playing:

• (Norn/Charr) ‘Lumbering’ feel. Especially without speed boosts,
  • (Norn/Charr) Terrible for jumping puzzles and dislike their jumping posture,
  • (Norn) males look terrible. Their shoulders are abnormally droopy,
  • (Norn) females in skirts all look like their wearing an adult diaper inside,

PS. I have 16x 80s total including 2 each of Norn and Charr. Just don’t like paying them as much for the reasons stated.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Asura

Short answer: None of the current classes either fit or are way too obvious

Long answer: When making a new character I often try to match up a certain race to a class that would work best for them, whether it be their lore (Charr Engineer cuz industrial revolution) or it just looks cool (Norn Guardian = big, bad-kitten hero) or both. Asura on the other hand, I can’t decide what class to give them that would fit under either of the above reasons. I thought Ele at first, but that would be too obvious and I also follow a rule of not making my pc the same class as their mentor. I considered necro, but then I decided I want a human necro cuz Shadow of Grenth back item (if that’s not a dumb reason, then I don’t know what is).

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Charr: I love their design, but i just can’t feel it. I prefer more humanoid races.
Norn: specifically the males, they are jsut too bulky for my taste. Female norn are somewhat better but they still aren’t high on my list.
Asura: I love asura, their animations, their looks, etc. There is just one thing that keeps me from playing one; i can never find a decent armor for them.

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Race – Charr → because those are not the kind of cat girls I want to see.
Class – Necromancer → class is too limited compared to the other classes.

Posted by: Ellewind.9640

Ellewind.9640

RACE

Back in GW1

ASURA: I was disappointed to hear they will be a GW2 race, its all about the lights, tech and laser feeling thing they have. Totally kill my fantasy-epic adventure mood and it just become worst in game today :/

CHARR: Am a GW1 player, I hate Charr! okay, seriously. all about them just bored me :P

SYLVARI: I try! really!! 4 Sylavri characters started and deleted, is the way the armors look in them. I feel like the final result don’t worth the time.

CLASS

RANGER: All about them in GW2

NECROMANCER: I play 5 years one in GW1, love it. but I don’t want stay out of the real action anymore. Think ELEMENTALIST fit here too.

Really want try GUARDIAN but as soon we don’t get a new good looking race I even try, Skritt, Kodan, Tengu or all the other horrible looking races are automatic DON’T GO from me.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

I like and play them all, but for the sake of the post:

Races——

Human: I swear, all the male faces MUST have had a female developer make the final decisions on what they’d look like. If you took all the male faces, stuck them on models and then put all 10-15 models in the same area, you’d either have the perfect gaybar or a Calvin Klein underwear commercial….maybe a Justin Beiber dance off? Seriously, you can’t have a grizzled veteran playing a male human, unless you just put a bag or a helmet over it’s head. Thus why most guys go female human or male norn.

Sylvari: The male are the most homoerogenious characters i’ve ever seen and again, obviously created from a female perspective. If i play syvari, i’m going female, because they just look downright creepy.

Charr: Cool in every way, but yeah, dat armor clipping/stretching…

Asura: I agree with the armor comment and would like to add that they all sound like pompous idiots and suffer from not having customizable voices.

Classes——

Warrior: Dies too easy. I’ve grown a found hobby of enjoying the games various floor tilesets, while i lay dead in any given dungeon or fractal half the time.

Thief: I’ve hated Rogues since WoW, so not difference here.

Ranger: Would be perfect if we could ditch those annoying pets.

Engineer: Requires 20 fingers to play effectively and takes a tremendous amount of skill to do well with.

Elementalist: Lovin it, but i don’t have one at the cap yet, so can’t comment on it too much.

Mesmer: Love it.

Guardian: In some ways, its like the same old sword’n’board warrior of MMOs of old. It just feels boring.

Necromancer: “Ugly minions”, lack of group buffs, and the OMG-anxiety of trying to figure out if you should go power or condi based half the time. Hybrid? /mind blown…wait, its not effective…

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

There is a lot of hate on necromancers GRANTED I PLAY WvW as a havocer, and you all probably play PvE mostly, but still. I think necro is fun.
On topic, can’t play anything other than Asura because I don’t like the other races because…I dont. Asurans are the master race, every other race gtfo.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I can’t play charr because I’m allergic to cats.
I can’t play asura, because I’m scared of clowns.
I can’t play sylvari, because they make me pine for BBQ ribs.
I can’t play norn, because they worship animal spirits, see charr above.
I can’t play humans, because I hate people.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I hate the Charr, absolutely loath them. The only charr i liked they killed off… Making me hate them even more.

Not a big fan of Sylvari either, but i like the concept.

Rangers, the only reason i have one is to collect pets and it happens to be the only Sylvari i have as well, because, nature. I still hope we get a menagerie someday.

Warriors, never liked the profession in any game.

Thief, same with this profession, just don’t enjoy them at all and the steal seems like a complete afterthought.

I made a Char thief and warrior just for the achievements and promptly deleted them.

I love the Asura, they are the only race that actually feels like they have personalities. They move really well, the animations are amusing and the T3 heavy armor is really nice.

I enjoy playing humans too, in as much as i can relate to them. But, they are pretty bland as a race in this game. Besides, i admittedly enjoy playing dress-up.

Norns are ok. But the way they move is just , ugh…

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

Race: never going to play a Human. we have fairly enough in real world. they are not needed in games. our game has human replacements. for all i care all gw2 humans can go into the tummy of kalkatorrik. also human risen are not in style. its retro already. im so fed up with humans, in game, in real world, expect that in real world they are better because they dont look like BARBIES…

Class: there is no class i dont care to play. i can play anything. i just dont have enough character slots.

my biggest problem that ive so far always overcome is character customisation. considering topic i just dislike human race. haytham kenway and connor from AC4 and AC3 are awesome, but humans generally… garbage i say.

edit: besides, we should enter the game to escape reality. when it has human race, how can we do that? norn are good because they are nice people. because they are nice people, they are not very realistic. nice people irl are rare to me.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I hate asura, because their attitude is revolting , so much even I deleted 2 lvl 80 asura when I noticed I had levelled them and had them parked afterwards, 1 became a mule for items I tought wouldn’t be usefull, and I deleted it when the character was full, It felt throwing away the rubbish, the asura included.

I dislike engineer to a point where I think the loss of the engineer proffession would be a good thing, I thought it would be awesome at launch, I prepared to level it and deleted it at level 25, a while later I though let’s try I have several l80 chars already, why not: It became lvl 50 and I deleted it, (around the battle for claw island -old style-), so I leveled an asura to lvl 80 a buit later on and I tried it. It didn’t click, so I tried other builds other setups, I bough a second armor, a third and eventuall a 4th , and then I deleted it after it just recieved the 2nd aniversary bonus. I played it less then 40 hours, in 2 years., I’m still in doubt if it was due to the fact it was and asura or because it was an engineer, but in any case I was glad to never ever have to watch the little chipmunk again… In the end Engineer never brought me a feel of satisfaction, it still feels clunky and dull.

It felt liberating there is something I don’t like in gw2.

I also do not like the build of Norn males, but I think it’s a generally carried opinion, and I dislike the fact there is no difference between male and female asura, I will not play it but it is still a point.

Got 14 lvl 80s and 1 lvl 50 all female except 1 Charr(necro) and 1 Sylvari(guard) :
I love:
5 sylvari (r,g,m,n,t) : I like, no love sylvari with 1 MAJOR exception: Trahearne
4 human (n,e,e,g) : Well I guess there have to be humans as well….
3 norn (w,w,r) : I like norns: they are BIG, me being 2m04 find it reassuring to look over others)
3 charr (w,n,r) : I think my charr are a reaction on the gw1 lore, I really loved Gwen as a character (imho the best worked out character in gw1 tbh), but I loved the ferocity of Charr as well. (and they kill burn and eat humans that’s good isn’kitten Well…. they are behaving atm, but still…)

And I love my:
- 3 warriors (n,n,c), (love all builds, & hate just playing meta, main is S+S/LB sinister hybrid)
- 3 rangers (s,n,c) (love alternate builds, play almost anything except spirits and trapper)
- 3 necro’s (h,c,s)(love alternate builds, condi and power, or both, have a support necro)
- 2 guardians (h,s) (prefer DPS, but my wvw heal tank works perfect if needed.)
- 2 elemenatlists (h,h)(All glass, all fun, 1 DPS, 1 support)
- 1 thief (s) (I experiment and like both DPS and Condi)
- 1 mesmer (s). (tried DPS: no fun, so It’s a PU Condi staff/scepter now. will try sinister.)

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I don’t play norn because I don’t like the personality types typically portrayed by them: loud, boastful, and self centered at times.

Also, I don’t really like the voice actors after a large amount of time. In short bursts ranging from 10-15 minutes, it’s ok, but anything more than that starts to feel like a chore just to listen to their lines.