Dumb things other players do

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

What dumb things have you seen your fellow players do?

Me: just got kicked from a dungeon because the party leader thought I only had a one-handed sword(Guardian)…I had a focus(Flux Matrix).

Honestly, probably the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time. Terribad McBaddie

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

i dont get it, why is that funny?

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

somsom.5201

i dont get it, why is that funny?

They thought I was only using one weapon…ie they were HORRIBLE at this game. They thought I was bad, but I flipped the tables on them.

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

The risks of using focus! (poor u guardians)

Posted by: Edell.1286

Edell.1286

“Pro” PvP players who don’t get the first kill : “I give up, please end this quick”.

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

Sometimes I swear level 10s try to 1v1 me in wvw. I don’t get it.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Honestly, dumbest thing I’ve seen players do is follow another player to their death after falling from a cliff. It’s friggin hilarious, but dumb. Sheep!!!!

So many times I’ve laid dead at the bottom to see one by one players start dropping out of the sky dead. Thank you Anet, I will probably never ever forget those moments for the rest of my life.

Posted by: alcedonia.7831

alcedonia.7831

11k life glass cannon thieves in arah saying lupi is easy, because it’s all about ‘l2dodge’.

dodges lupi’s normal attack because if they don’t, they get 1shotted.

proceed to die because they can’t dodge out of red circles due to their dodge bar being empty.

stay dead and complain that the guardian (me) needs to aegis more.

yes. true story.

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Some of the dumbest things happen in WvW it seems.

My guild trebbed down a wall at garrison, called it twice in map chat to push to the side and enter at the big hole in the wall. We push in and scuffle with the defenders for about 5 mins, I happen back outside to see people still beating on a reinforced door -.-

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: cNcHellShadow.7691

cNcHellShadow.7691

My favorite is when on my Thief, I help revive by using shadow refuge, and the downed player decides to attack a mob that uses AoE’s and I take massive damage because he didn’t want to wait, safe and cloaked. This happens SO often I’m hard pressed to find a reason to revive people

Posted by: Dicemeister.9340

Dicemeister.9340

Running from the karka champion by the rich orichalcum vein, misjudging the ramp, and skydiving to your death.

This may have only happened to me though lmfao.

Posted by: Sirge.8934

Sirge.8934

My guild trebbed down a wall at garrison, called it twice in map chat to push to the side and enter at the big hole in the wall. We push in and scuffle with the defenders for about 5 mins, I happen back outside to see people still beating on a reinforced door -.-

This happens way too often. I’m not quite sure what people are thinking when they do it. Are they afk, on autoattack? Tunnel vision?

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

thiefs and mesmers teleporting away when you try to heal them when they are in no immediate danger of death.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Follow me. I tend to run into my death trying something that I had more courage than brains. Usually drag those following me to their death.

Not a very smart thing to follow me.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

somsom.5201

Honestly, dumbest thing I’ve seen players do is follow another player to their death after falling from a cliff. It’s friggin hilarious, but dumb. Sheep!!!!

So many times I’ve laid dead at the bottom to see one by one players start dropping out of the sky dead. Thank you Anet, I will probably never ever forget those moments for the rest of my life.

haha I saw this happen last night in WvW. There was a group of us chasing some stragglers and they just went off the cliff after them like lemmings. Was kind of funny, but also kind of sad.

Posted by: havoc.8569

havoc.8569

thiefs and mesmers teleporting away when you try to heal them when they are in no immediate danger of death.

This this this. Half the time they teleport to their deaths. Eevry time someone teleports when they were perfectly safe, I secretly pray they end up in a big AOE.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

when ten people who have aggro try to come rez someone and they bring the thirty mobs they were fighting with them so 100 AOE’s explode around the person they are trying to Rez and kills them again before they can do anything.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Icas.3860

Icas.3860

1. Enter Personal Story instance to help a level 30ish. (It’s a long mission.)
2. Reach final mob, but I get hit with 6 stacks of Poison so I go down.
3. Other play doesn’t res me, so I die. Other player dies.
4. I respawn at the checkpoint.
5. Other play is too close to the mob for me to res. I wonder why he still hasn’t respawned at the checkpoint. I ask him to respawn at the checkpoint.
6. A second later I get a message saying that the Party Leader has left the Instance and that I’ll be kicked.
7. I go back and ask what happened and he said that he left the instance.
8. I ask him why he didn’t just Respawn at the Checkpoint, since it gives him the option and I told him several times in the past that he should do that since there’s no penalty after you’ve already died.
9. He just ignores me and says that he wants to do it again.

Charr Mesmer lvl80 – Borlis Pass – Leader of Paradigm Knights

Posted by: Volomon.9147

Volomon.9147

Most of these stories are just a sad commentary on human intelligence.

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

5. Other play is too close to the mob for me to res. I wonder why he still hasn’t respawned at the checkpoint. I ask him to respawn at the checkpoint.
6. A second later I get a message saying that the Party Leader has left the Instance and that I’ll be kicked.
8. I ask him why he didn’t just Respawn at the Checkpoint, since it gives him the option and I told him several times in the past that he should do that since there’s no penalty after you’ve already died.

That is a whole new kind of dumb right there.

Personally I like the dumb things I do. Like using whirlwind on my warrior while trying to kill harpies on the jumping platforms in fotm. Thats a guaranteed facepalm and a severe self repremand.

As a melee I try to hit stuff with my trusty sword as much as possible but Ill retreat and pretend Im part of SWAT if need be. I find it dumb as hell when I see other melee players just not have any kinda of brains to get out of melee when all thats happening is they are gettting creamed.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Wearing a staff in a jumping puzzle and hitting 4 thinking to give a speed buff but instead rolling backwards and off the ledge leaving a trail of fire because it was in Fire Attunement and not Air.

(yes, the player was me lol)

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

Because they STILL think this is a skill based game and not gear base kinda game.
WvW yea level up to 80 but the gear/weapon is level 10 or of a lower level.

But hey dont be surprised someone will pop up and say something like “hey im level 2 and im owning in WvW if i was caught in a 1v1 situation. Gear does not matter! L2P.”
lmao! Expected

(edited by Jabronee.9465)

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

You know if you helped him the second time it was a silly thing to do?

Player like that ends up on the forums complaining how ‘broken’ everything is and that are going to play (insert generic big blockbuster).

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

A party kicked me near the end of CoE to make room for their own guildy. However they weren’t able to down subject alpha; not realising the extent to which I had been carrying them. In the 30 minutes between the booting a few of their team had quit, and I’d formed a new party when I returned to the instance it was still linked to my old parties instance, and half of my new team could enter so we now had two teams (albeit split in half) in once instance.

We reached the end and there was these last 2 members of the kitten guild practically begging us to help them. We gave themsome choice words and a cold shoulder til they left and then did the final battle and got our tokens; for the guys who joined my party late it was the easiest CoE run ever since the entire instance up to that point was done for them :p

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I’m always a little dumbfounded at how many people don’t get that this game doesn’t have mob tagging/kill stealing and that everyone gets the same reward killing something with others as they get killing something solo. I always try to double up for greatest efficiency when I overlap with others, but maybe 75% will actively separate rather than cooperate, making the task at hand take longer for both of us due to the thinning of mobs in the area.

Another “dumb player” peeve are the people who will way point on defeat while being revived, often during the final 20% of the revive bar. The game actually alerts you that you are being revived if you are in map view and you can even see the healing numbers scrolling by!

Posted by: Bananasmile.4126

Bananasmile.4126

I’m a WvW thief, I purposely lure people to chase me and I run towards the edge of a cliff and then right before the edge I would stealth and run the opposite direction…almost always my chasers will jump off the cliff (thinking that I jumped too) and either kill themselves or have their HP low…I proceed to go down (takes 50% less damage from falls) and finish them off with hearseeker. Free kills. GG.

Strikethree, Kinetix (Ki)
Aug 2012 (IoJ) → Jan 2013 (FA) → June 2013 (BG)

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

The game actually alerts you that you are being revived if you are in map view and you can even see the healing numbers scrolling by!

I think sometimes it’s denial; they don’t want to be seen to have died so they get out of there quick and pretend it never happened

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

haha I saw this happen last night in WvW. There was a group of us chasing some stragglers and they just went off the cliff after them like lemmings. Was kind of funny, but also kind of sad.

Oh is that what that is? I just had someone last week, an engineer I destroyed in 1v1 in WvW, suicide like that, and I could not figure out what he was thinking, but maybe he was trying to trick me? He had barely any life left and starts running away, jumps off a cliff, he splats against the ground and dies while I watch from the cliff edge, I get the kill and then walk away laughing.

Posted by: Halcyon.3981

Halcyon.3981

Oh is that what that is? I just had someone last week, an engineer I destroyed in 1v1 in WvW, suicide like that, and I could not figure out what he was thinking, but maybe he was trying to trick me? He had barely any life left and starts running away, jumps off a cliff, he splats against the ground and dies while I watch from the cliff edge, I get the kill and then walk away laughing.

You don’t get armour damage if you fall and die. So he just saves himself some coin.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Putting on the Diving Goggles at the Grove and jumping to my death as i hit the water (i kid you not)

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

Me – On my thief…
I play a condition thief d/d+shortbow Many times in wvwvw i have been on top of a wall defending a keep and use the 2 for the cluster bomb…
Sadly, sometimes i forget to change from d/d to shortbow so i end up leaping off the wall into the middle of the zerg :-( (Sadly this has happened several times) hehe

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

not rezzing clearly downed teammates.

Extra super special kitten bonus: Not rezzing clearly downed teammates who have moved directly infront of you via their teleport, or vapor form in downed state. They literally could not make it any easier for you to save them, and you ignore them completely.

Posted by: Lucraneous.5489

Lucraneous.5489

Complain that
The healer isn’t healing well enough

The tank isnt maintaining agro

Say that they owned you because you downed them then they downed you but you still killed them…..

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

Warriors using their autoattack + 100b and literally no other weapon or utility skill for the entire course of a dungeon.

People entering Twilight Arbor with no ranged weapons for the battles that you do need to stay ranged for (i.e. Guardians without a scepter/staff, warriors without a rifle).

People moving out of my healing/support skill range and then wondering why they aren’t being given healing/boons.

Walking right up to an enemy keep/outpost/etc in WvWvW, alone.

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

using a ram print like one mile away from the gate and still a bunch of people go and build it

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

using a ram print like one mile away from the gate and still a bunch of people go and build it

i once actually put out a lot of random siege machines out in the middle of nowhere for no real reason.

came back later and saw all of them built.

thugged out since cubscouts

Posted by: Dinny.5310

Dinny.5310

I would like to post one of my fiance’s screenshots. Apart from the cliff/lemmings thing most people here report, I think this is the dumbest thing I’ve seen on GW2, now or ever.

Attachments:

Dinny [Asura/Guardian] – Annachponae [Asura/Thief]

Posted by: Lethaliy.7035

Lethaliy.7035

I would like to post one of my fiance’s screenshots. Apart from the cliff/lemmings thing most people here report, I think this is the dumbest thing I’ve seen on GW2, now or ever.

+1. I actually laughed at that.

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

oh wow…. i dont even.

thugged out since cubscouts

Posted by: catqeer.1954

catqeer.1954

people trying to rez my clone that is always fun to watch… especially when i am close to death…

Posted by: Vermillion Hawk.9037

Vermillion Hawk.9037

people trying to rez my clone that is always fun to watch… especially when i am close to death…

I see this way too much. Here’s a tip – clones aren’t the ones with text boxes containing profanities above their heads.

Grand Master of The Knights Hospitaller [STJ]
Isle of Janthir – Sylvari Mesmer – Alexandre Le Grande

Posted by: Hycinthus.6483

Hycinthus.6483

It’s even amazing that it got built. It takes a few people to build that.

Posted by: Kagusaki.3176

Kagusaki.3176

A couple nights ago, I was jumping off of a cliff into a large lake/river in a cave and died. I shifted my camera and lo and behold, there was a boulder where I landed. Out of all the places I could have landed, I had to land on that kitteniny boulder >.<

Foreman Spur – Level 80 Charrior | Firefister – Level 80 Charrcromancer
The Legion of Charrs [TLC] – Fort Aspenwood’s Finest Charr Guild
You can’t spell Fur Affinity without FA! :3

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

had stuff happen like that but in reverse.
they blew a hole in our wall, with 0 defenders besides me and their hoard army kept attackinng the door…. then they left for god knows why

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

I’m always a little dumbfounded at how many people don’t get that this game doesn’t have mob tagging/kill stealing and that everyone gets the same reward killing something with others as they get killing something solo. I always try to double up for greatest efficiency when I overlap with others, but maybe 75% will actively separate rather than cooperate, making the task at hand take longer for both of us due to the thinning of mobs in the area.

Speaking of dumbfounded… gw2 actually does have mob tagging and kill stealing. If you’re not doing AOE damage, you’re going to miss the drops and even credit or certain events. Hence why when there’s larger groups of people doing events, it’s smarter to group up so you can do more damage to groups of mobs and have it spread because events don’t scale properly based on the population. Mob tagging and kill stealing doesn’t matter in smaller groups but it most certainly does when there’s more people around.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Speaking of dumbfounded… gw2 actually does have mob tagging and kill stealing. If you’re not doing AOE damage, you’re going to miss the drops and even credit or certain events. Hence why when there’s larger groups of people doing events, it’s smarter to group up so you can do more damage to groups of mobs and have it spread because events don’t scale properly based on the population. Mob tagging and kill stealing doesn’t matter in smaller groups but it most certainly does when there’s more people around.

really sucks when there is gigantic groups in some events, where you cant even land a blow and when you do you still feel like you did not do much to help. Simply because too many are playing that event

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

The players that go afk at waypoints (not talking low level ones, mind you) and of course get aggro and die.

Only to have some kind soul rez them, for them to die again.. Rinse and repeat..

You are level 80, you should know that a waypoint does not mean safe area to go go afk for an hour.

Enjoy the repair bills

Posted by: ebrown.8193

ebrown.8193

When the event finishes and people run away, and then a chest appears…

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Golems using their spinning arm attacks on doors. Seriously, the only time I don’t see this happen is when a commander is using the golem. I even tell them their punch attack has higher dps, but everyone just keeps spinning their arms.

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

Because they STILL think this is a skill based game and not gear base kinda game.
WvW yea level up to 80 but the gear/weapon is level 10 or of a lower level.

But hey dont be surprised someone will pop up and say something like “hey im level 2 and im owning in WvW if i was caught in a 1v1 situation. Gear does not matter! L2P.”
lmao! Expected

It depends on how you look at it I guess. On the one hand gear helps in WvW but ultimately doesnt matter too much if youre playing to the strengths of your team/zerg.

On the other hand, if youre “soloing” WvW, gear or no gear youre doing it wrong. Lol

As for my contribution to this thread, I once saw a thief do that flip move or whatever and disappeared over the side of a cliff to his death. It was hilarious.