Dungeon Filter

Dungeon Filter

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

Hello as someone who speedruns dungeons i would find it extremely helpfull if you were to add an player filter that can be set based on the desired number of ap , gear stats etc so people who dont have those cant join and i dont have to do gearcheck, thanks.

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

This has been brought up numerous times ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/LFG-tool-Add-class-filter/first ) , and has always been meet with pretty heavy resistance. GW2, encourages inclusive play: Including everyone, not exclusive play: excluding players based on gear/class choices. So a “filter” would be a step in the wrong direction. If that’s how you want to play, put it in your lfg message if you insist on doing “gear checks” that’s your choice, but it shouldn’t be forced on others in an inclusive game play environment.

Why would you want a filter based on AP? AP is a number that has very little to do with dungeon experience.

There are also numerous problems and easy methods to bypass such a filter. Joining as character A and switching to character B etc.

(edited by Miku.6297)

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

The design philosophy for this game is to be inclusive, which is why filters that exclude people will never be added.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

this decision by anet is right , i am so glad they did not include stupid mechanics like gear check.

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I guess this thread was just open to get people here some infractions ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Dungeon Filter

Miku.6297

I guess this thread was just open to get people here some infractions ?

LOL Yea, it does kind of read that way doesn’kitten Though honestly the other numerous threads about a filter or any other sort of exclusive play feature tend to stay civil for the first few pages, so I tried to answer like it was another fresh topic xD.

Dungeon Filter

MarkoNS.3261

This has been brought up numerous times ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/LFG-tool-Add-class-filter/first ) , and has always been meet with pretty heavy resistance. GW2, encourages inclusive play: Including everyone, not exclusive play: excluding players based on gear/class choices. So a “filter” would be a step in the wrong direction. If that’s how you want to play, put it in your lfg message if you insist on doing “gear checks” that’s your choice, but it shouldn’t be forced on others in an inclusive game play environment.

Why would you want a filter based on AP? AP is a number that has very little to do with dungeon experience.

There are also numerous problems and easy methods to bypass such a filter. Joining as character A and switching to character B etc.

True ap has little meaning to me but i want to see you try and do coe for example with 1-2k ap people see how well that works out . As for the game allowing bad dungeon players to join any party no i dont like that at all.

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

If you are good enough, your runs shouldn’t varied that much even with a few inexperienced players.

And most of the time you just need to state experienced only and that ensure “most” of your player is good, having 1 or 2 slacker, shouldn’t matter that much.

Dungeon Filter

Miku.6297

True ap has little meaning to me but i want to see you try and do coe for example with 1-2k ap people see how well that works out . As for the game allowing bad dungeon players to join any party no i dont like that at all.

I’ve done CoE speed runs with people with less then 1k Ap, worked just fine. Heck I actually had a 438 and 1034 in my group last night, one was a first timer, and had no problems. The term “bad dungeon players” Is a matter of opinion, and based of AP means its an opinion based off an assumption, that’s usually a recipe for trouble. Dungeons hardly take an optimized group to clear, if you want to speed run with experience players put that in your LFG, if someone joins but didn’t bother to read, just vote kick them.

What you are asking for is a LFG tool that is based on extremely exclusive concepts, most of the GW2 community has torches and pitchforks at the ready for things like that. GW2 is an INCLUSIVE game design and many (myself included) like it that way.

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

AP check

ROFLMAO

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Oh no, how did we ever manage post release when everything was new and unknown?

Seriously, I understand people wanting to run optimal groups and kicking others but I don’t see or want anet in anyway supporting this kind of behavior.

Dungeon Filter

MarkoNS.3261

I’ve done CoE speed runs with people with less then 1k Ap, worked just fine. Heck I actually had a 438 and 1034 in my group last night, one was a first timer, and had no problems. The term “bad dungeon players” Is a matter of opinion, and based of AP means its an opinion based off an assumption, that’s usually a recipe for trouble. Dungeons hardly take an optimized group to clear, if you want to speed run with experience players put that in your LFG, if someone joins but didn’t bother to read, just vote kick them.

What you are asking for is a LFG tool that is based on extremely exclusive concepts, most of the GW2 community has torches and pitchforks at the ready for things like that. GW2 is an INCLUSIVE game design and many (myself included) like it that way.

so what if they have pitchforks and torches they should get gear and exp before joining dungeon parties. its not my job to teach new players how to run dungeons and i have interest in doing so, as for people being angry at an lfg tool concept , hey i coudnt care less i dont like slow runs and bad players come at me.

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

so what if they have pitchforks and torches they should get gear and exp before joining dungeon parties. its not my job to teach new players how to run dungeons and i have interest in doing so, as for people being angry at an lfg tool concept , hey i coudnt care less i dont like slow runs and bad players come at me.

Going by how you post, I believe a great amount of players would rather have a noobie along instead of you. Hell, even as an experienced player I would not want to group with you with that attitude.

If they implemented a filter, I wish they’d add some filter to never have to have people with your attitude join my groups. Not talking about good players, but people full of themselves. It’s dungeons we are talking about, that’s beyond easy content.

Talk about getting all frisky about nothing…

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

AP check

ROFLMAO

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

This is what friends list is for find people that feel like you add them then play only with them dont use the lfg tool bam done you got your filter

Edit
And dont complain when it take long to form groups thats on you becouse you want it that way.

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: I Forgot.1684

I Forgot.1684

I am very elitist these days, but I wasn’t always this way. When I first started running dungeons, I had just finished making Sunrise, and people said many bad things about that. They made me feel pretty bad about how poorly I played for a person with a legendary weapon. For that reason, I would have liked to see a tool that kept me from joining groups with other elitists like those. I would have enjoyed mixing with people who were way above my skill level, but not if they didn’t want me there.

I can see how tools like this would help keep bad things from happening. On the other hand, people can simply post an elitist LFG message. That seems to work well enough. I think there are more important issues to address within the dungeon community, like adding new dungeons with new rewards.

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

hi, my main accnt has over 13500 ap
my alt accnt has bit above 1k because it is new

dat AP check lol~

now the interesting part: i used to run aether path daily, one of the best runs was with complete noobs that admitted they didn’t know that path and actually listened and did what i told them to… killed all bosses on 1 try~

the worst runs actually included players with10k+ AP….

i avoid those 5k+ AP runs like fire because i know those people probably suck and just want to get carried~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Because one-shotting white rabbits with ma shield means I am a better dungeon runner than u. Just sayin’.

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

If you are good enough, your runs shouldn’t varied that much even with a few inexperienced players.

And most of the time you just need to state experienced only and that ensure “most” of your player is good, having 1 or 2 slacker, shouldn’t matter that much.

Sadly this is true. I’ve often run fractals/dungeons with 2 friends and had no issues (even in fractal 50s). Sometimes it’s a waste of time to open up lfgs :/

The Sickest Guild NA

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: wyalse.7543

wyalse.7543

Surprisingly, running dungeons everyday doesn’t grant you thousands of AP.

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Craray.2603

Craray.2603

As long as people are friendly, I don’t mind if we kill a boss a minute faster or slower…
I hope they’ll never add these filters…

Players in gw2 aren’t a frustrated bunch like in many other mmo’s, but more social and I think it’s because of decisions like this one…

And on a sidenote…When I look for people in LFG I write the following:
Must like long walks in the park

Dungeon Filter

Miku.6297

Ok I get you saying get gear to an extent, however GW2 is an inclusive game, and if you need gear to clear a dungeon… I’d look to improve your own abilities be for blaming others.

I ment the pitch forks and torches in a comical sense, I figured the hyperbole/sarcasm would be obvious I guess it wasn’t. So my apologies for the poor word choice. What I mean is this type of suggestion has a very heavy skew towards exclusive game play which is the opposite of what GW2 is going for. Many players simply do not want to encourage that type of play, so ideas like this tend to be unpopular.

If you have no interest in being friendly or teaching players dungeon paths simply put “80 exp only” and any other stipulations you have for the party you want in your listing. However assuming or insinuiting other players are “bad” because they enjoy a different play style then you is the EXACT attitude that causes people to react so poorly to exclusive play ideas.

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

You do understand that a dungeon like Ascalonian Catacombs is meant for players that are level 30-35 and have less than 15K AP and no exotic gear, right?

Dungeon Filter

MarkoNS.3261

Ok I get you saying get gear to an extent, however GW2 is an inclusive game, and if you need gear to clear a dungeon… I’d look to improve your own abilities be for blaming others.

I ment the pitch forks and torches in a comical sense, I figured the hyperbole/sarcasm would be obvious I guess it wasn’t. So my apologies for the poor word choice. What I mean is this type of suggestion has a very heavy skew towards exclusive game play which is the opposite of what GW2 is going for. Many players simply do not want to encourage that type of play, so ideas like this tend to be unpopular.

If you have no interest in being friendly or teaching players dungeon paths simply put “80 exp only” and any other stipulations you have for the party you want in your listing. However assuming or insinuiting other players are “bad” because they enjoy a different play style then you is the EXACT attitude that causes people to react so poorly to exclusive play ideas.

First of all why do you asume i am bad ? i have full asc zerk set on 4 characters with all the potions /sigils for dungeons i am very experienced with speed clearing dungeons.

Second i did get your stupid metaphor, you suggesting i did not understand it is insulting.

Third what i was trying to say is i would like an option for people with only certain gear to join my party, i honestly dont care if that is exclusive, i would rather it be exclusive then some kittenes who dont even have the right gear join an me and my friend have to carry them, how is that fair to us ? And before you suggest go with friends only we cant be all online all the time so we need to take a pug or 2 from time to time i only wish those pugs were capable.

(edited by MarkoNS.3261)

Dungeon Filter

MarkoNS.3261

You do understand that a dungeon like Ascalonian Catacombs is meant for players that are level 30-35 and have less than 15K AP and no exotic gear, right?

yea sure it was ment for lv35 players , but if you dont want to spend hours there you should be smart and speed run it with lv80 asc /exotic zerk characters.

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

But what about people who have a 2nd (3rd, 4th, etc…) account and want to speed run AC with that acc that has 500 APs?

Maybe they have 20k APs on their main, know every dungeon fight, have godly dps and full zerk gear on their alt accounts.

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Hello as someone who speedruns dungeons i would find it extremely helpfull if you were to add an player filter that can be set based on the desired number of ap , gear stats etc so people who dont have those cant join and i dont have to do gearcheck, thanks.

Make a Speed Clear Dungeon Guild. nod Then you only have to gear check once and you can pick from the pool of like-minded individuals. Don’t LFG expecting such things. And I seriously doubt that will ever come here and thank goodness for that. I also like that there is no inspect feature. Inclusivity is far better than exlusionary things for a small subset of players.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Dungeon Filter

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Just curious…. what kind of times are you clearing with these group requirements. They must be awesome…..

Of course, exclude all the time it must take to painstakingly prescreen or later vet out the culprit if the run starts to lag.

Dungeon Filter

Miku.6297

First of all why do you asume i am bad ? i have full asc zerk set on 4 characters with all the potions /sigils for dungeons i am very experienced with speed clearing dungeons.

Why do you assume that because others have low AP or play a different way then you they are bad? They play a game designed to be played inclusively for all players in dungeons the way they enjoy, that doesn’t make them bad. I simply stated that dungeons are not hard in GW2, they do not require 100% optimized builds, gear, or play. Try to keep in mind, not going along with the zerker/stack/speed meta does not make a player bad, it means they play the game differently then you. Try to stay away harsh judgements and condescending terms like “bad” when describing other players, your idea will be more likely to be received or at least looked at on a less biased scale.

Second i did get your stupid metaphor, you suggesting i did not understand it is insulting.

Ahh once again, sorry my mistake; I meant no insult. I was simply clarifying due to your response. In the future, when you close your statement with “as for people being angry at an lfg tool concept , hey i coudnt care less i dont like slow runs and bad players come at me.” It makes it seem as though you honestly thought people were angry about it, not simply disagreeing with your idea.

Third what i was trying to say is i would like an option for people with only certain gear to join my party, i honestly dont care if that is exclusive, i would rather it be exclusive then some kittenes who dont even have the right gear join an me and my friend have to carry them, how is that fair to us ? And before you suggest go with friends only we cant be all online all the time so we need to take a pug or 2 from time to time i only wish those pugs were capable.

You have the option right now, as I said, put what you want in your lfg, if someone joins that doesn’t fit your “standards” then vote kick them. Once again your line about the “right gear” is wrong, there is no right gear in GW2. It’s fair to you, because you don’t have to do it. You can play with exclusive groups if you so desire, however that play style is against the design theme of GW2, so a tool that promotes that play style is undesirable.