Dungeon Master achievement ( TAKE A LOOK )

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Radiantix.4581

Radiantix.4581

Hello. I want to talk about this achievement coz i find it really pointless.
Even nobody wants to complete dungeons, not even go and explore dungeons you guys making an achievement like this and makes it trash.
This achievements wants us to complete all those 8 dungeons + their story mode + all paths. This is okay its a good/hard mission to do. But reward ? look at reward. Just a " Dungeon Master " title and +10 achievements points. REALLY ? Even doing 40 minutes PvP gives MORE things of that. Even with “dailies” you can get more of that. I will totally complete all those dungeons and my reward only will be that title ? Please do something special for that. for dungeoners. Instead of that title. Nobody wants to do dungeons anymore. Please think about that dear Arena net. We want a super good reward for that !

http://i.imgur.com/RLQBEeS.png

(edited by Radiantix.4581)

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

Every dungeon path has its own reward after completing it.

Radiantix.4581

Every dungeon path has its own reward after completing it.

i am talking that master reward please dont change topic. Do u support or not ?

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

That’s nothing. Try Giant Slayer.

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

That’s nothing. Try Giant Slayer.

I killed 7 giants after 5 years of playing. Slow but steady.
Topic: You even get rewarded with 5 golds for every I think 5 paths. Should be enough. No, I don’t support your request.

(edited by DirtyDan.4759)

Posted by: HenryChinaski.4732

HenryChinaski.4732

….. for that. for dungeoners. Instead of that…..

Thats for the Dungeoneer

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeoneer

A Title an 10 Points are a good Reward i think.

Radiantix.4581

i mean dungeoners. Who is doing dungeons.. not an achievement.

Posted by: Lord Knyghtmare.3984

Lord Knyghtmare.3984

I agree completely. The overall reward is rather…well, insignificant. The gold gained from a particular dungeon path is not really appreciable, compared to other methods of farming. Tokens can easily be obtained from PvP or WvW tracks. As for the unique weapon skins which might drop like Stardust, they can be obtained by other means such as the trading post. My suggestion would be to boost the AP to +50 and a chest of unique exotic weapons.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Many of the Tyria rewards are outdated and need an update. Even the loot tables haven’t been touched and we loot stuff that might have been great 4 years ago, but is completely worthless nowadays. The economy has changed, but the value of loot has not. You can make 100 gold in a couple of hours if you focus on it. The gold you loot from common mobs is nothing. We still get like 1% more gold loot for achievement point stages (with chests at 3500/4000/4500 etc. APs). This is not a reward anymore these days. And honestly, who puts additional gold find on his amulet slot?

Is that bad or good? Don’t know, I guess we don’t need more gold from killing trash mobs, and updating it would cause inflation. It just looks weird to loot a few coppers after killing a veteran level 80 pirate. Maybe she spent all her money on rum. They could just remove gold loot from the game and nobody would notice any impact.

So yes, I agree, many old rewards are outdated. It just looks like a lot of tedious work and possible unintended impact on the game to get a team to update them.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Radiantix.4581

I agree completely. The overall reward is rather…well, insignificant. The gold gained from a particular dungeon path is not really appreciable, compared to other methods of farming. Tokens can easily be obtained from PvP or WvW tracks. As for the unique weapon skins which might drop like Stardust, they can be obtained by other means such as the trading post. My suggestion would be to boost the AP to +50 and a chest of unique exotic weapons.

Thanks for support. Best regards

Radiantix.4581

Many of the Tyria rewards are outdated and need an update. Even the loot tables haven’t been touched and we loot stuff that might have been great 4 years ago, but is completely worthless nowadays. The economy has changed, but the value of loot has not. You can make 100 gold in a couple of hours if you focus on it. The gold you loot from common mobs is nothing. We still get like 1% more gold loot for achievement point stages (with chests at 3500/4000/4500 etc. APs). This is not a reward anymore these days. And honestly, who puts additional gold find on his amulet slot?

Is that bad or good? Don’t know, I guess we don’t need more gold from killing trash mobs, and updating it would cause inflation. It just looks weird to loot a few coppers after killing a veteran level 80 pirate. Maybe she spent all her money on rum. They could just remove gold loot from the game and nobody would notice any impact.

So yes, I agree, many old rewards are outdated. It just looks like a lot of tedious work and possible unintended impact on the game to get a team to update them.

Thanks for support. Best regards

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I miss the old achievements, such as yakslapper. You only had to play WvW like 10 hours a day every day for 10 years and do nothing but kill yaks every minute – also you’d get absolutely no reward for it, just the title – but man what an achievement it would have been.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Consider every time you do dungeon paths you get rewards, this is fine the way it is. The title is the real reward.

You know when a lot of us got that title and that reward, the dungeon reward was a lot less than it is now. We didn’t even have champ bags in the beginning.

If you want the achievement do the content. The content is it’s own reward. If you don’t like dungeons, don’t bother with the achievement. Problem solved.

I mean if you want to go through every single achievement and pick out every single one with a reward that doesn’t seem equal to the task, you’d have a much longer post.

Radiantix.4581

All we want is new good rewards ! Please Arena net take a look here.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Completion of Dungeon Master achievement is a prerequisite for the Hobby Dungeon Explorer repeatable achievement, which rewards up to 200 AP.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Radiantix.4581

by being " Dungeon Master " we want to get more better good equipments or something special. Arena net hear us !

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

This isn’t anything special… there are so many low-AP achievements that are super hard/tedious to get that only reward low AP and something small.

A good example of a similar achievement is “Saving the City of Gold”.

You have to complete the Tarir meta 100 times just for some AP and a title, but the real reward lies in the chests that are opened 100 times. Same thing with these dungeons.

Now Giant Slayer is an achievement that isn’t worth it at all. If it had a title, maybe. But at its current state there is a low reward for doing it.

Posted by: Gop.8713

Gop.8713

It’s a holdover achievement from a previous era when dungeons were the ‘elite’ endgame content. They were replaced by fractals and then raids. Deleting the achievement entirely would make more sense than increasing the reward now. I support neither of those options, favor leaving as is . . .

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

by being " Dungeon Master " we want to get more better good equipments or something special. Arena net hear us !

Not going to happen. Anet is supporting fractals over dungeons as the current five man instanced content. They don’t WANT to encourage dungeon play beyond what’s already there.

Also I’m not sure who this “we” is, unless you mean you and two other guys in this thread. I’m not sure Anet should spend a lot of time revising rewards for a handful of people. I get you feel strongly about this but I’ve only seen this topic brought up very rarely and I do pay attention.

This isn’t a hot button topic that everyone agrees on. I’m relatively sure it’s not going to change.

Radiantix.4581

thanks for support people. Hope A net will take a look here

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’d really love for the more recent achievements to give as many APs.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

Even nobody wants to complete dungeons, not even go and explore dungeons you guys making an achievement like this and makes it trash.
This achievements wants us to complete all those 8 dungeons + their story mode + all paths. This is okay its a good/hard mission to do. But reward ? look at reward. Just a " Dungeon Master " title and +10 achievements points. REALLY ? Even doing 40 minutes PvP gives MORE things of that. Even with “dailies” you can get more of that. I will totally complete all those dungeons and my reward only will be that title ? Please do something special for that. for dungeoners. Instead of that title. Nobody wants to do dungeons anymore. Please think about that dear Arena net. We want a super good reward for that !

When you do a dungeon path you get rewarded for it.
IF you happen to do all different paths, you get a nice little title, some AP, and a new repeatable achievement opened up. Since you’ve been rewarded many many times already (at least once for every dungeon path) there’s for sure no need for additional rewards in my opinion.

Now, if you feel the reward isn’t good enough, remember that there’s no actual effort in this achievement, above the achievement of actually completing the dungeons – which, again, you get rewarded for each and every time.

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

No matter what “rewards” they offer in about 6 months time (or less) it will be right back to where it is now. You complaining that the rewards are not enough. Happens all the time in every game. Shortly after rewards are changed everyone has the new stuff and wants other new stuff.

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

Why are people always nagging about what really constitutes an achievement. Whether you feel on an emotional level it was really rewarding doesn’t matter. Achievements in any game have always been, “Did you do the thing? Here are some achievement points”. There’s not that many achievements in this game that give you an item afterwards anyway.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

you are completely right, if you completely disregard all the loot and rewards you get along the way, while completing all these paths.

And if you care to read all the conversations going on and watch the npcs and cutscenes (YES, WATCH CUTSCENES!!), you get alot of Story and Lore along the way.

If you only care about rewards, just go buy yourself an ice cream.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If you don’t think the reward is worth the effort there is a very simple solution …

Posted by: Tanuk.7961

Tanuk.7961

You do realize that by the time you have obtained Dungeon Master you will have gotten, 20 gold and 600 dungeon tokens of your choosing from the dungeon frequenter achievement, plus all the rewards for completing each path once on top of those piddly AP’s and title yeah?

Evan Lesh:The matchmaker just prefers to put
doodoo heads with doodoo heads. It doesn’t
change the skill level of doodoo heads you’re playing against.