Dungeon Rewards Reduced, why?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mesmer days.3289

mesmer days.3289

Dungeons where the only thing I like doing in Guild Wars 2. Now that it has lower rewards its impossible to find people to do them. I spend a lot of money in this game. Now I don’t want to play it anymore. Can you restore the Dungeon rewards, so that I can have fun again? Grouping with people is the fun thing about dungeons, soloing sucks. If I want to solo , I will buy a NON-MMO game.

Posted by: Fuji.6284

Fuji.6284

They’ve explained it multiple times already. Dungeons were generating too much raw gold, which caused an excessive amount of gold flowing into the economy over time. Bottom line is that it’s harmful to the economy.

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

They’ve explained it multiple times already. Dungeons were generating too much raw gold, which caused an excessive amount of gold flowing into the economy over time. Bottom line is that it’s harmful to the economy.

Which is exactly why Silverwastes has been untouched in how long?

Oh wait, that money comes from selling mats and not the farm. You’ll have to excuse the 50g a week I make in Silverwastes as an extremely casual player without selling a single material as atypical.

One foot out the door, yet again.

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Except that is not the official statement:

“As the game progressed, we shifted focus from dungeons to fractals and raids, and we firmly believe that fractals and raids are the content that we want to continue to support….The shift in rewards is a direct representation of our focus on raids and fractals and our commitment to make them the best they can be.”

With that how are the post-HoT fractals and raids?

Currently, no raids yet. Fractal rewards are questionable and still no new fractals. The only thing that changed is just decreasing rewards and forcing people to do certain things to get money if they want to progress in their goals.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Oh wait, that money comes from selling mats and not the farm. You’ll have to excuse the 50g a week I make in Silverwastes as an extremely casual player without selling a single material as atypical.

Silverwastes isn’t being touched because it’s not generating much in the way of gold, but is generating materials. People are making money off it, yes, but it’s money that’s already in circulation, not newly generated.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Rush is Right.9723

Rush is Right.9723

I have not even got to the dungeons yet in the game, and I was not going to play them because of all the elitists people and people kicking others out of groups. Now, that the rewards have been decreased, I may start to try dungeons as I can now not worry about having people hijack my group and kick me for a speed run. I want to take my time and explore all the dungeons and kill every single thing inside no matter how long that takes. I do not care about the rewards other than I expect something for my trouble but I don’t play to farm gold and all I can say is “It’s about time ANET” that you did something to get rid of all these toxic people who are just using the game and not playing the game. They are messing up the economy and we finally have a system where everyone can create their own legendary weapons and not be hostage to these gold/market manipulators. If I were ANET I would nerf every single thing that gets exploited until these players leave so the rest of us can play in peace.

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I have not even got to the dungeons yet in the game, and I was not going to play them because of all the elitists people and people kicking others out of groups. Now, that the rewards have been decreased, I may start to try dungeons as I can now not worry about having people hijack my group and kick me for a speed run. I want to take my time and explore all the dungeons and kill every single thing inside no matter how long that takes. I do not care about the rewards other than I expect something for my trouble but I don’t play to farm gold and all I can say is “It’s about time ANET” that you did something to get rid of all these toxic people who are just using the game and not playing the game. They are messing up the economy and we finally have a system where everyone can create their own legendary weapons and not be hostage to these gold/market manipulators. If I were ANET I would nerf every single thing that gets exploited until these players leave so the rest of us can play in peace.

Lol, kitten these toxic players who do not want to stop at every single little thing in a dungeon after doing the run a million times.

Gl getting a party like that.

Posted by: Fuji.6284

Fuji.6284

That’s probably how much I made in two days w/ dungeon bonuses playing casually. 50 gold per week as a casual player is actually a good number, granted if you were mostly in a decent SW chest train. I’ve farmed over 50k bags there already so I’m quite familiar w/ the numbers. Still, it’s not as good as dungeons when considering just raw gold.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

They were reduced specifically to de-incentivize dungeons, according to an interview with John Smith.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They actually came out and said they’re trying to discourage players from doing dungeons. Seems they are trying to make core-only players’ lives as unpleasant as possible in order to “encourage” them to buy HoT.

As further examples, see the new fractal masteries and the loss of guild functionality.

Posted by: Rhotsbin.8579

Rhotsbin.8579

I get where OP is coming from. I love the dungeons of this game, though I don’t get to do them very often (“filthy casual”, kids, family, etc…) and have not even done every path. I’m worried the change will make it even tougher to find a party, especially that will accept someone inexperienced with the bosses.
I get the gold nerf. When I’ve done “tours” in the past I made quite a lot of gold for the time played. I just hope the content isn’t relegated to the sidelines due to it.
Perhaps Anet could consider adding harder modes to the existing paths. Something similar to agony (or even that same mechanic) or the mistlock challenges and scaling as seen in fractals. Then dungeons could at least offer similar rewards to those people who prefer those over FotM.

Ascending gear. Descending game.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I think if you take a look at the bigger picture, they are trying to reduce the raw gold people accumulate so that the material prices etc. don’t go out of control. Over the past year the prices on the TP have been pretty stable but now with HoT you can see that there is alot less gold flowing into the game. I think it’s good, that way new players will have an easier time earning their place in the game. As for dungeons, well.. you can still farm them but you will simply earn less. For me personally dungeons have just turned into a place where I can get more skins and equipment for alts. I never really farmed dungeons as much as some hardcore farmers though.

Posted by: Wizigard.4760

Wizigard.4760

You never got into dungeons yet you know all about those elitist party kicking people that play dungeons right ? During my almost one year experience with dungeons most of people I encountered were normal and friendly. I never joined any 5k ap group, full meta group and groups with checkgear nonsense as I did not meet requirements nor had gear for them, and It was right thing to do. There were always groups that did dungeons for exploration or even to earn money but earn it hard way. Dungeons, when not done by professionals are tough, some less, some more. To finish one with a pug group, sometimes of people that are doing dungeons for the first time can be very time consuming, yet rewarding if you have fun and then of course at the end you got 1 shiny gold piece, a reward well earned. Yet now after 3 years of “exploiting” as you say arena net decided to nerf this… hmm I wonder why ? There are many theories, exploit theory is not amongst them.
So if you dont care about rewards… reward others, if you hate getting gold and gear, give it to your teammates. Next finishing dungeon and getting paid for it in form of gold is in no way exploiting, it’s, (overused phrase I don’t usually use) using content as intended. If someone messed the economy (as you say, but I don’t agree) it was anet, because the only one to “blame” for giving player rewards for doing something like this is anet, not the players . Lastly there will always be exploiting, with or without… wise or unwise coments like yours. In this case, I believe those “inocent” are punished more, than those that were exploiting the system – e.g thieves selling exp in the end of dungs (which is their right to do but might be something to be adressed) will stay.. irony. We are nerfing dungeons at the same time we are tolerating farm ranking in eotm or in pvp custom arenas and other nasty things.
In my opinion this nerf has very little to do with keeping economy healthy, it’s more like keeping some content less appealing to others in order to sell the one that is “intended” to be sold.

As for statemets about excessive gold generation… that’s what gold sinks are used for otherwise gold earned from other stuff like events or whatever would also need to be nerfed as in long term it would also generate excessive amounts of new gold. Lastly dungeon gold generation was limited already, on daily basis… so what kind of exploiting…

(edited by Wizigard.4760)

Posted by: mesmer days.3289

mesmer days.3289

I do not like fractals or anything else in the game with the exception of dungeons. Its boring to do anything else in this game. My message was to restore the dungeons rewards. Dungeons was the only thing I liked in this game. The only reason I was gonna buy HOT was to enhance my fun in dungeons. Now that dungeons is hard to find groups, Guild wars 2 is not worth playing.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The official statement was that the nerf was intended to discourage players from playing dungeons.

Posted by: choon.6308

choon.6308

The official statement was that the nerf was intended to discourage players from playing dungeons.

In other words, discourage players from playing GW2. They succeeded…

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

This is not the primary reason they made the change. They nerfed Dungeons because they wanted to push players into Fractals and Raids. John Smith, ANet’s resident economist, explicitly said this in his AMA.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Economy-Questions-Repost/first#post5602939

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

It is another episode in AhrrnaNets endless quest to make their own game irrelevant.
Or so it seems by now, after 3 years of constant weird oh so smart game design decisions.

Whatevar.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

65% gold decease (1 gold to 35 silver) is too much of a Nerf. I feel sorry for players who are trying to get their crafting to 500 and make ascended weapons/gear. Dungeons were the only constant source of gold income for many players.

I suggest the following;

Path == any dungeon, any path

1. First Dungeon path run = 1 gold.
2. Second & Third path runs = 50 silver each.
3. Four or more paths runs = 25 silver each.

This way you can get 2 gold per day running any 3 paths.

Does Anet really expect players to play 4 hrs a day just to get 2 gold???

Posted by: Control.8154

Control.8154

Yeah, this dungeon-reward nerf is a joke. Dungeons were the only thing I liked doing in Guild Wars 2.

Most likely will stop playing as well. I was going to buy HoT but I’m not supporting this.

Posted by: Shemie.4286

Shemie.4286

As for ranked pvp (for a pvp’er) I’ll be ditching PvE for good, never ever again. In games where competitive play is immense (such as LoL, CSGO, SC2, Hereos Of The Storm, Smite) it will be fun to play. People will be able to see your rank, and people will cry about “I have bad teams, plz carri mi” games like this survives for a long time. But I do agree, I just made a post earlier today: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/How-to-farm-gold-now/first#post5656952 about dungeon nerf.

Bye PvE and hello ranked pvp with leagues in the upcoming weeks!

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

I’m not playing until the old system of getting gold and leveling is returned.

They don’t want you to get gold, they want you to buy it with gems.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

I’m not playing until the old system of getting gold and leveling is returned.

They don’t want you to get gold, they want you to buy it with gems.

Actually the dungeon nerf will likely have little effect on gem sales, now that people will generate less gold on a daily basis (of course HoT is still new so it could generate even more gold for all I know) gold should slowly deflate and ultimately gem prices will reflect that.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner