Dungeon token stealth nerf?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

So now you can´t run these Dungeons like a production line anymore.

I like how your entire post is about zerking your way through these runs, and yet my
guild doesn’t do zerker runs. Nice presumptions. Also, this change does nothing to zerker runs. Trying thinking next time.

And exploiting? I don’t think that word means what you think it means. They changed the dungeon rewards from account based to character base months ago.

Didn´t necessarily mean you personally, I have no idea how you or your guild play.

But it´s a pretty safe bet you(personally) and most other hardcore dungeon runners (& especially the CoF1’ers) aren´t running the 5th alt through the same Dungeon with out a teeny bit of exploiting or even just some innocent speed running, don´t you think?
BTW speed running to me is basically on the same level as your garden variety game-play exploit.

About Zerker runs, try reading next time.
I already explained they will come back once the grinder crowd has figured out the easiest 4-5 Dungeons and memorized them well enough to survive just on DPS and dodging.

As for the char.based rewards. I stopped second guessing ANet´s motives ages ago. Pretty sure they just make it up as they go along.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I love how the only people running dungeons on alts are speed run farmers, not people just trying to get gear for their alts because, you know, we need more armor than people with just one character. The name-calling also makes me really receptive to your point of view.

Tokens were never the problem with dungeon farming – it was the gold end reward and loadstones. There is no easy way to convert tokens into gold, and honestly its just a decent way to get some gear for alts or even alternate stat sets. Giving people with more characters the chance more tokens to get more armor doesn’t seem to be a balance issue for me. Gold and loadstones, yeah, I get, but account bound tokens which you can turn in to soulbound armor, which already took between 15-20 runs to get a full set anyway? I don’t think that needed a change.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Tokens were never the problem with dungeon farming – it was the gold end reward and loadstones. There is no easy way to convert tokens into gold,

Aha, so when did this stop working?
If it actually doesn´t anymore, then I´m a donkey and everbody can “Hah Hah” me.

I´m also not here to win the popular vote or insult people. I just candidly call them as I see ´em.

Actually I get your argument, I´m pretty much in the same boat.
But the CoF1 runners have ruined it, that´s just how I see it.

Polish > hype

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

So take someone who has 5 alts – they could potentially get an extra 200 tokens, assuming they ran all of their alts through CoF p1? Thats what, 6 rares to salvage or throw in the mystic forge? And consider, if they do that, they are giving up a currency they could use to get exotics, its not as if its free. I don’t really think that’s economy breaking, and it doesn’t seem out of line with the kind of rewards you could get hunting champions.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

COF speed runners were all about the gold. Run multiple times for the mass amount of gold.

With the introduction of the daily gold bonus that is account bound, they effectively stopped that. (Coupled with the removal of coin from the bosses)

COF1 speed runners didn’t really do anything to ruin the ‘token’ business. If a COF speed runner was using an ALT, it was to bypass DR and get the maximum amount of coin. Tokens were not a real issue here.

I don’t see how COF speed runners can be to blame for the change to the daily token rewards for ALTs.

Side comment: I find it really amusing that in the news announcing the wallet, the picture shown is obviously from a COF speed runner. Lots of COF tokens and lots of gold. Seems they were abusers of the problem also. lol

(edited by Mad Rasputin.7809)

Posted by: fluff.7095

fluff.7095

COF1 speed runners didn’t really do anything to ruin the ‘token’ business. I don’t see how COF speed runners can be to blame for the change to the daily token rewards for ALTs.

You fail to realize that that is exactly the reason.
It’s one of the main ways “alt-farming” generates gold for COF p1, and the most efficient way for “farming gold” in general. Each daily run on each alt gives 60 tokens, which is enough to buy and salvage 2 rares, which is ~2 ectos on average. Someone with 8 alts that runs COF p1 each day will get an additional ~18 ectos a day. This is on top of all the gold made from running the dungeon.

There’s probably better solutions out there, but this is the one anet has chosen. Another possible solution would be to make all dungeon gear un-salvagable just like karma gear. How would you have reacted to that?